Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Welcome to the DIS
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2008, 05:10 PM   #76
dtoes91
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneymom77 View Post
It certainly is a small world! We're bummed the Hurricanes lost last night But we are proud of them for how far they went
I didn't even realize how far they were going until Friday afternoon (not big on football). But you are so right, they accomplished a great run on their way to the State title & they make the whole community proud.
dtoes91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 07:10 PM   #77
disny_luvr
DIS Veteran

Hello fellow Pennsylvanians! We are from Jonestown - a small town located in Lebanon County. We live about 15 minutes from Hershey. When traveling, we usually tell people we're from Hershey - mostly everyone knows where that is.

We are planning on flying to Orlando for our upcoming trip. Right now I can get pretty good airfare out of Baltimore flying AirTran. Harrisburg is only about 35 minutes from our house and we'd love to fly out of there, but the only return flight offered on our way home leaves Orlando at 8:30 in the morning and that is just too early for us.

Upcoming Trips:
Polynesian ~ August 1-August 4, 2014 (Just me and DH )
Disney Fantasy: 7-night Western ~ November 28-December 5, 2015
Past Trips:
* Disney Fantasy: 7-night Eastern Cruise ~ November/December, 2013 * Disney Magic: 2-night Cruise ~ August, 2012 * Beach Club Villas ~ June, 2012 * Wilderness Lodge ~ November/December, 2010 * POP/CBR ~ May, 2009 * Wilderness Lodge ~ November, 2004 * Dixie Landings ~ April, 1996 * CBR ~ June, 1991 * Fort Wilderness ~ June, 1984 *
disny_luvr is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-10-2008, 09:27 PM   #78
Jax1023
Mouseketeer

Hi PA people. We live in Pittsburgh and are looking forward to getting away from the frozeness of a PA winter and over to Disney in Januray!
Jax1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 02:23 AM   #79
adam3313
Earning My Ears

Hey all.

New to the boards as a poster, been reading through for a bit. I'm from the Wilkes Barre/Scranton area, and I go to school at Penn State. Looking forward to some great discussions.
adam3313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 05:00 AM   #80
tinkerbell60
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax1023 View Post
Hi PA people. We live in Pittsburgh and are looking forward to getting away from the frozeness of a PA winter and over to Disney in Januray!

Welcome to the Dis - where in Pittsburgh are you? We are in the North Hills.
Lucky you - going in January!!
Old 12-11-2008, 11:07 AM   #81
NeverLandDreamer
True Disney Love Exists In Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by disny_luvr View Post
Hello fellow Pennsylvanians! We are from Jonestown - a small town located in Lebanon County. We live about 15 minutes from Hershey. When traveling, we usually tell people we're from Hershey - mostly everyone knows where that is.

We are planning on flying to Orlando for our upcoming trip. Right now I can get pretty good airfare out of Baltimore flying AirTran. Harrisburg is only about 35 minutes from our house and we'd love to fly out of there, but the only return flight offered on our way home leaves Orlando at 8:30 in the morning and that is just too early for us.
Hershey is our second favourite place to vacation! (Disney being our first, naturally.)

Isn't it wonderful there? I'm sure you are familiar with the ins and outs of that park - I rode my first roller coaster at Hershey this past June. Actually, two of them...Comet and Lightning Racer.

Have you ever been on either?

The only thing more hollow than your protest of innocence is your big, fat head! -David Hyde Pierce, 'Frasier'

I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse. -Walt Disney

We love you, Uncle Walt. If it wasn't for you, we wouldn't all have come together.

Come home safe and soon, Rich.
Thank you for being so kind, SpaceMtnFan!
NeverLandDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 11:29 AM   #82
disney92
Mouseketeer

Hi
I am from NEPA. Kids are home today because of ice.. This is our 3rd snow day since school started. Looks like we are in for a long winter.

disney92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 01:40 PM   #83
disny_luvr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverLandDreamer View Post
Hershey is our second favourite place to vacation! (Disney being our first, naturally.)

Isn't it wonderful there? I'm sure you are familiar with the ins and outs of that park - I rode my first roller coaster at Hershey this past June. Actually, two of them...Comet and Lightning Racer.

Have you ever been on either?
Hi, NeverLandDreamer! Yes, I have been on both of those roller coasters - Lightning Racer is my favorite coaster in the park! We actually have season passes to Hersheypark, so we spend a great amount of time there throughout the year. My two-year-old twins love it there. My one little guy asks me almost everyday if we can go to the park. It's so cute! If you haven't ever been to Hershey at Christmas, I'd recommend it. The park is very nice to visit during that time - you just have to bundle up because it gets cold.

I'm glad to hear that you like Hershey as much as we do.

Upcoming Trips:
Past Trips:
* Disney Fantasy: 7-night Eastern Cruise ~ November/December, 2013 * Disney Magic: 2-night Cruise ~ August, 2012 * Beach Club Villas ~ June, 2012 * Wilderness Lodge ~ November/December, 2010 * POP/CBR ~ May, 2009 * Wilderness Lodge ~ November, 2004 * Dixie Landings ~ April, 1996 * CBR ~ June, 1991 * Fort Wilderness ~ June, 1984 *
Old 12-12-2008, 03:05 PM   #84
NeverLandDreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disny_luvr View Post
Hi, NeverLandDreamer! Yes, I have been on both of those roller coasters - Lightning Racer is my favorite coaster in the park! We actually have season passes to Hersheypark, so we spend a great amount of time there throughout the year. My two-year-old twins love it there. My one little guy asks me almost everyday if we can go to the park. It's so cute! If you haven't ever been to Hershey at Christmas, I'd recommend it. The park is very nice to visit during that time - you just have to bundle up because it gets cold.

I'm glad to hear that you like Hershey as much as we do.
You should have seen my mom coming off of the Lightning Racer. Our coaster did beat the opposing one which my brother and dad were in (huzzar!), but my mom and I were terrified! We were practically chanting, 'Never again! Never again!' That was frightening...but enjoyable.

How cute that your son asks to go every day!! Never been there at Christmas. I can't imagine how cold it would be. I would probably be wearing five sweaters.

Have you been on Fahrenheit or Storm Runner? I love watching those take off.

The only thing more hollow than your protest of innocence is your big, fat head! -David Hyde Pierce, 'Frasier'

I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse. -Walt Disney

We love you, Uncle Walt. If it wasn't for you, we wouldn't all have come together.

Old 12-12-2008, 05:38 PM   #85
dalt01
DIS Veteran

williamsport here. more specifically, loyalsock or faxon.
Old 12-13-2008, 10:56 PM   #86
SimbaPaws
Earning My Ears

Hey Everyone!

I'm a newcomer here, from South Philadelphia! We'll be headed down there from Jan 12-16 with a group from my college.

Looking forward to getting to know folks who are just as Disney-crazy as me!
SimbaPaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 04:23 PM   #87
chaoscent

Mouseketeer

DISboards Moderator

I was supposed to go to Disney on 11/27 but I broke my ankle. So now I have a long wait until June. However, I told DH that because I missed my Disney trip I wanted to go to Hershey for the day. I would love to see it at Christmas Penny
Autograph Cards & Covers, Tshirts & Background Clip art are here http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/d...1Cent/?start=0 Our DISigns are free as we donate our time and talent to make them. If you like what we have made please consider a donation to Give Kids the World. To donate, please click the Power of 10 image in my signature.
chaoscent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 05:36 PM   #88
NeverLandDreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoscent View Post
I was supposed to go to Disney on 11/27 but I broke my ankle. So now I have a long wait until June. However, I told DH that because I missed my Disney trip I wanted to go to Hershey for the day. I would love to see it at Christmas Penny
I hope you get to go to Hershey!

Disney is my #1 love with Hershey at #2

Old 12-15-2008, 05:38 PM   #89
chaoscent

Mouseketeer

DISboards Moderator

Here's hoping my ankle heals enough that we can go.
Penny
Autograph Cards & Covers, Tshirts & Background Clip art are here http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/d...1Cent/?start=0 Our DISigns are free as we donate our time and talent to make them. If you like what we have made please consider a donation to Give Kids the World. To donate, please click the Power of 10 image in my signature.
chaoscent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 08:41 PM   #90
disny_luvr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverLandDreamer View Post
You should have seen my mom coming off of the Lightning Racer. Our coaster did beat the opposing one which my brother and dad were in (huzzar!), but my mom and I were terrified! We were practically chanting, 'Never again! Never again!' That was frightening...but enjoyable.

How cute that your son asks to go every day!! Never been there at Christmas. I can't imagine how cold it would be. I would probably be wearing five sweaters.

Have you been on Fahrenheit or Storm Runner? I love watching those take off.
I've been on both of those roller coasters. Storm Runner isn't one of my favorites, but I do enjoy Fahrenheit. My boys enjoy watching both of them.

Upcoming Trips:
Past Trips: