Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2008, 10:30 AM   #826
postesf
Keep Pushing

Good Day!

Does anyone have the phone number for the ME reservations? I can't seem to find it.

I need to call and add us. DH will be coming from RDU and can use the tags, but I am coming from Mexico... assuming that means I will have to pick up my luggage and bring it with me???

Thanks!

OKW 2005 OKW 2006 POP 2008 POFQ 2008 SSR 2008
Check out Stacie's Weight Loss / 1/2 Marathon Journal
postesf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 10:51 AM   #827
clkelley
I squealed really loud!!
I got one on my camper too

Quote:
Originally Posted by postesf View Post
Good Day!

Does anyone have the phone number for the ME reservations? I can't seem to find it.

I need to call and add us. DH will be coming from RDU and can use the tags, but I am coming from Mexico... assuming that means I will have to pick up my luggage and bring it with me???

Thanks!
You CAN still use the tags even from Mexico, however, you WILL claim your luggage at customs, then go through customs, then you put your bags on another belt at customs and that is when DME luggage pickup takes over. You won't have to claim them again at the main terminal.

On the trip back to the airport, if going to Mexico, you probably won't be able to use RAC.

Someone else will have to give you the phone #, can't find it right off.
clkelley is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-02-2008, 10:51 AM   #828
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

You should be calling whomever you booked your WDW resort stay through. They are the ones who make the DME reservation for you, not DME specifically.
Each person on the room reservation will get two luggage tags. I believe that after you clear customs, you can send your tagged bags on and DME will take them for you, without your having to lug them around. But, you may wish to take them yourself.
But do call whomever you booked your resort stay with first, to make the DME reservation.

goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 04:26 PM   #829
Caribbeanprincess
Princess of the Caribbean Seas

Just reading the first page I have a question, I'm a little afraid of losing my bags, can I really just pick them up at luggage claim and take them to the DME desk?

Me 25 ~[SIZE="1"][COLOR="lime"]Trips: April 1996 - Offsite ~ July 1998 - Offsite ~ April 2006 - Offsite ~ December 2007 - Offsite ~ December 2008 -Disney's BoardWalk Inn ~ June 2009 - Disney's AllStar Music ~ December/January 2010-2011 - Disney's AllStar Movies ~ December 2011 - Pop Century ~ December 2012 - Pop Century
Caribbeanprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 05:53 PM   #830
Chip 'n Dale Express
Can't stay put!
I met lots of DIS'ers during my purple-panted tenure
I'm just fine with being terrific instead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caribbeanprincess View Post
Just reading the first page I have a question, I'm a little afraid of losing my bags, can I really just pick them up at luggage claim and take them to the DME desk?
Yes. Do not use the yellow tags, and they will appear on the carousel. You will then take them aboard the bus. Please remember that gratuities are not included for the bus driver or bell services when you go this route.
Old 12-18-2008, 11:34 AM   #831
Jaymie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
No, any checked bag fees have to be paid before you get to the RAC desk at the resort. They, RAC, are not setup to take any type of payments. You will be given a phone number to call in order to pay any checked bag fees in your DME departure notice that is provided the day before your departure.

Does anyone know the RAC/BAGS phone number that I'll need to call to pay for my baggage? I won't be using DME but I will be using RAC and don't want to have a problem.
Dec 1979 - Offsite, Feb 1997 - CBR, Jan 1998 - Dixie Landing, Jan 1999 - ASMo, Jan 2000 - ASMu, Jan 2002 - ASSp, Jan 2003 - ASMo, Dec 2004 - ASMo, Feb 2006 - ASMo, Jan 2007 - Poly, July 2007 - POR, Jan 2008 - WL, July 2008 - POFQ, Jan 2009 - ASMo, Nov 2009 AKL, Aug 2010 - CBR, June 2011 - CS, Nov 2011 FW Cabin, May 2012 - BC, Jan 2013-POP
Jaymie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 12:01 PM   #832
sunstress
Going Goofy - again! - in 2013

I just wanted to thank all of you for this thread -- there's so much great information on it!
sunstress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 04:30 PM   #833
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymie View Post
Does anyone know the RAC/BAGS phone number that I'll need to call to pay for my baggage? I won't be using DME but I will be using RAC and don't want to have a problem.
I don't know the number. But, you should be able to get it from the DME/RAC counter at the resort.
The really strange thing is this....I thought I would have to get a replacement voucher for my ride back to the resort. Now, I had never given it too much thought before this but now I've started thinking about it....when I asked at the RAC/DME counter what I needed to do in order to get a voucher issued (a replacement one), I was told to go out to the valet stand, in front of the resort, and have them print one up for me. This would lead me to believe that the two entities really are two entities, not the one as WDW would have us believe. Just an observation.

Old 12-30-2008, 07:38 AM   #834
Kathi OD
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the nevermind we know what was thereRedhead
Guess what - Doesn't like the cheese soup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymie View Post
Kinda late, but I just saw the post. 407-284-1231

"The task of the modern educator is not to cut down jungles, but to irrigate deserts." -- C. S. Lewis
Kathi OD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 07:50 PM   #835
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

moved to transportation board as seperate thread

Last edited by LindaBabe; 01-02-2009 at 06:31 AM.
LindaBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 10:54 AM   #836
jeanylaser
Art of Animation Resort biggest fan

i'm confused that Southwest wasn't in the Participating Airline for DME!What is that! Please explain to me!
May 2009- Disney's Pop Century-Classic Years
Nov 2009- Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Mar 2012- Mystic Dunes Resort
Sept 2014- Disney's Art of Animation
jeanylaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 11:01 AM   #837
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanylaser View Post
i'm confused that Southwest wasn't in the Participating Airline for DME!What is that! Please explain to me!
It will be best if you go to the first page of this "sticky" thread and read the first post ... it FULLY explains the answer to your question.

Very briefly, "participating airline" only has to do with the way home. On the way home, you will need to take your luggage to the airport with you (just like every other time you fly). That's all it means.

But seriously, help yourself by going to the first page of this thread and read that first post ... it should answer all of your questions.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:47 PM   #838
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanylaser View Post
All guests, no matter what airline they arrive at MCO on, are entitled to ride the DME bus to their Disney owned resort. Shades of Green, the Swan and the Dolphin are not eligible resorts for DME..not owned by Disney.
Just tag your bags with those yellow DME luggage tags when you pack your bags at home. Check them at your home airport and say goodby to them. You will see them again in your resort room..could be three-five hours after resort checkin though.

Now....here's where 'participating' applies. When you are ready to go home, if you are flying home on a 'participating' airline, you are able to check your bags right at the resort, and get your boarding passes issued at the same time. You can use this service no matter how you are returning the MCO...you can ride the DME bus, you can take your rental car, or use a cab or a car service...doesn't matter.
Every guest is able to ride the DME bus back to the airport. When flying Southwest, you just take your checked bags to the bus with you. The bags are stowed underneath the bus, you get on and go to MCO. When you get to the airport, you get your bags, and then checkin the way you used to..same as at your home airport.

Again...'participating' airlines only applies to the RAC service (remote airline checkin)..it does not apply to DME. These are two different services...although Disney sort of puts them together which tends to confuse guests.
Hope this helps.

Old 01-06-2009, 07:02 AM   #839
Elysiannn
Mouseketeer

How Early Does the DME Run From the Resorts to MCO?

Hi - just wondering. If I am flying out of Orlando Int. Airport at 8:23 a.m. - can I get the DME to Orlando 6 a.m? Thanks in advance. Ely

2001 - first trip ever!!
2002 - first solo trip AKL
2003 - second solo trip AS-Sports Surf's Up!
2004 - trip with niece CBR
2005 - birthday trip Dolphin
2006 - Family trip
2007 - Good grades trip for Nephew!
2010 - Quick BFF trip!
Elysiannn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 07:07 AM   #840
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysiannn View Post
Hi - just wondering. If I am flying out of Orlando Int. Airport at 8:23 a.m. - can I get the DME to Orlando 6 a.m? Thanks in advance. Ely
You do not get to tell them what time you want to leave. They will ask for your flight info. With a flight leaving at 8:23 a.m., you will most likely be given a pickup time of about 5:30ish. The RAC desk opens at 5 am so you will be able to check you bags and get boarding passes at that time, if you are flying out on a 'participating' airline.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: