Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Camping at Disney World
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2007, 06:40 AM   #1
oldmovieguy
Earning My Ears

Best Fort Wilderness Loop

Hi Folks
We will be flying in from the UK in August of this year and staying at Disney Fort Wilderness in a cabin. We are not averse to walking and may even hire a golf cart but I thought I would pick your collective brains to see if there was a 'preferred' loop to request.
Many Thanks
Old 07-27-2007, 08:51 AM   #2
jennifermae
Mouseketeer

Hi!
We stayed at the Fort cabins earlier this month in the 2600 loop and loved it! It is close to the smaller pool as well as the laundry facilities. If you are staying for a length of time, that would be important.
If you dont rent a cart, I would suggest being at the start of a loop, not the middle of it. It is quite a walk to the innermost cabins. We had one right at the bend of the loop, and that would have been a LONG walk if we had not rented a cart.
By the way, my girls thought the cart was a highlight of the Fort!
jennifermae is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-30-2007, 08:07 AM   #3
oldmovieguy
Earning My Ears

Cheers!

Many Thanks for the advice.
Old 07-31-2007, 08:54 AM   #4
momxx5
DIS Veteran

We are home for a spending last week at FW cabins.

THis was our 3rd stay there....DH loves it there.

One of my only requests when making the reservation and when checking in, is that we would prefer a cabin 2-3 in from the entrance. We LOVE the 2400 loop...its small. The 2nd yr we were in the 2700 loop and there is over 70+ cabins so if you are in the back of the loop you have quite a hike to the bus stop.
We do not rent the carts, as for us it really effects our budget and we have a big family that could probably not fit into one cart.

Wishing you a great trip.
momxx5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 05:25 AM   #5
oldmovieguy
Earning My Ears

Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momxx5 View Post
We are home for a spending last week at FW cabins.

THis was our 3rd stay there....DH loves it there.

One of my only requests when making the reservation and when checking in, is that we would prefer a cabin 2-3 in from the entrance. We LOVE the 2400 loop...its small. The 2nd yr we were in the 2700 loop and there is over 70+ cabins so if you are in the back of the loop you have quite a hike to the bus stop.
We do not rent the carts, as for us it really effects our budget and we have a big family that could probably not fit into one cart.

Wishing you a great trip.
Thanks Mom!
Old 08-01-2007, 08:03 AM   #6
bennythepug
DIS Veteran

we just back (last night ) and highly recommend 2600 loop. like the earlier poster said - it's right across the street from the small pool and very close to the bus stop. we were lucky enough to have the first cabin on the loop (first one as you pull in) and canceled our golf cart because we were so close- it was awesome
'09 Caribe Royale
'10 Saratoga Springs
'13 FW (?)
bennythepug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 09:14 AM   #7
ZoomZoom22
Earning My Ears

I just left there from a week stay and I was in slot 866. The 800 loop is a preferred pet loop (internet and cable tv hookup). If you get this loop I highly recommend either very low 800 (800-810 or so) or high 800 (860-874 I think 874 is highest) as they are very close to the CS and near the "inlet" driveway. The driveway coming in there is a bus stop right there on the corner. Directly across the street is the campfire/movie location with one of the trading post stores next to it (very convenient for both). Also we walked to Trails End/Marina and it was a short enough walk to not be bothersome, even with a 6 and 7 year old walking with us.. Have a great time, we did!

ZoomZoom22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 10:11 AM   #8
oldmovieguy
Earning My Ears

Once Again

My thanks to you for the information and the good wishes, my two little grandsons are busy practising their moves for the Princess and Pirates party.
Old 12-05-2008, 05:49 AM   #9
krazeekidz
Madj

We have a large group going to the campground in January and are looking for the best cabin loop. We will have 3 cabins and will be renting golf carts. Or main priority is peace and quiet. It would be nice to be close to store, etc but like I said my main concern is that it is quiet. Any suggestions.
krazeekidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 09:35 AM   #10
2goofycampers
Sounds like something a camping trip could cure
Enjoy the beer and wine you will love it

Here is a map.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/fortwilderness.htm

2goofycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 07:28 PM   #11
FlaFortCampster
DIS Veteran

I think you would enjoy the 2200 or 2300 loop. The 2100 loop borders the 2000 loop which is where the wild tent/popup campers stay. (That's where we always stay )
Seriously, when you're in a tent or popup, you tend to spend more time outside versus folks staying in cabins. The 2200 and 2300 loops are all cabins and thus tend to be quieter and yet still fairly close to the Meadows Trading Post, nightly movies, pool, etc. The 2600 loop is further away, but seems to be a very popular loop with cabiners. With carts, you can zip right along from most loops though.
Hope this helps and enjoy.
FlaFortCampster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 08:15 AM   #12
krazeekidz
Madj

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaFortCampster View Post
I think you would enjoy the 2200 or 2300 loop. The 2100 loop borders the 2000 loop which is where the wild tent/popup campers stay. (That's where we always stay )
Seriously, when you're in a tent or popup, you tend to spend more time outside versus folks staying in cabins. The 2200 and 2300 loops are all cabins and thus tend to be quieter and yet still fairly close to the Meadows Trading Post, nightly movies, pool, etc. The 2600 loop is further away, but seems to be a very popular loop with cabiners. With carts, you can zip right along from most loops though.
Hope this helps and enjoy.
Thanks for the advice. (& the warning about the wild campers in 2000)
In my group I'll have 3 generations so some of us will fit in with the '2000' crowd but then some of the older generations will want the quiet.
Thanks again
Have a good day!
krazeekidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 04:45 AM   #13
kesharn81
Mouseketeer

thanks

thanks for the info - useful thread...

this seems useful information...thanks for

sharing...

see ya...

kesharn81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 05:03 PM   #14
TheFlame
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kesharn81 View Post

thanks for the info - useful thread...

this seems useful information...thanks for

sharing...

see ya...

Does anyone know who this freak is that is posting this same reply on lots of different threads?

Just curious!?

To stay on topic, we really liked 1300 this past trip for campsites (11/08) all except for being on the orange bus route that takes you to the WL and around the world.........with that being said I would choose any loop for cabins that wasn't on the orange bus route!
TheFlame is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: