Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2008, 10:18 AM   #91
kakiegirl
DIS Veteran

I guess this is sort of off topic, however, I am going to put my two cents in which does not mean very much. As a mom who has struggled with the loss of a child at birth (and not being able to have another biological child) and then a depression afterward in which I had to have help to pull myself out of, my heart goes out to this woman and man. However, if she is so grief stricken that she has either convinced herself this is a baby or needs this towel as some kind of security I doubt she is living a very good quality or happy life. While they are not violent it sounds from previous posts like they become irate if people do not play along with them. I do not think it is up to strangers to intervene or decide if they need help or not. I just think it is very very sad and I hope that someday they are able to come to terms with their grief and move on. It does not sound like normal or healthy behavior for them to me at all.
kakiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 12:21 PM   #92
jackieleanne
DIS Veteran

I met the teddy bear lady in the GF on the 30th August we was there for our photoshoot and was sat in the lobby by the piano with two bags full of teddies. She was sat really still my bf thought she was a model at first.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

jackieleanne is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-10-2008, 07:10 PM   #93
OneTreeHillAddict
CNC Photography of Myrtle Beach, SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackieleanne View Post
I met the teddy bear lady in the GF on the 30th August we was there for our photoshoot and was sat in the lobby by the piano with two bags full of teddies. She was sat really still my bf thought she was a model at first.
Was it two black suitcases? And did her hair look like a light brown wig? I think I saw her too the other day. She is in the background of my sons picture. The suitcases had stuffed animals displayed on the top. She sat there extremely still.
OneTreeHillAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 02:06 PM   #94
thesupersmartguy
DIS Veteran

Thought I would give this a bump, the Teddy Bear Lady story is 100% true.

Happily living in Celebration, FL

Recent Trips To Disney:

8/08 YC Club Level Turret Suite and CBR Check Out My Trip Report UPDATED 1/28 with Turret Suite Pics!: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1922686

12/08 DTD Hilton CL and GF RPC Details Here:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2029616
thesupersmartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 05:04 PM   #95
M-I-C-K-E-Y
DIS Veteran

Wow, I can't believe that I forgot to post this!! We saw here, in early October, at the GF! Now, I have respect for everyone's privacy, but I did manage to snap a photo or two that just happened to have her bear in the background. Actually, it looked more like a towel bear...?

Should I post? Would anyone be upset??

By the way, the CMs at the GF were very chatty with her, and very friendly. They kept coming over to visit with her, which was nice of them.
Old 12-08-2008, 08:36 PM   #96
gymnastgirlflips
Live, Laugh, Glove <3 VMK

Wow, these people sound a little... weird.
I've never heard of any of them except the tattoo guy, and I just checked out the yeti-man's site. He's rode Everest 1245 times! Amazing, I've only rode it about six times lol.
Old 12-08-2008, 08:54 PM   #97
Family Fun Mom
No longer tagless... my wit has been confirmed!
NOTHING FROM THE SEA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-I-C-K-E-Y View Post
Wow, I can't believe that I forgot to post this!! We saw here, in early October, at the GF! Now, I have respect for everyone's privacy, but I did manage to snap a photo or two that just happened to have her bear in the background. Actually, it looked more like a towel bear...?

Should I post? Would anyone be upset??

By the way, the CMs at the GF were very chatty with her, and very friendly. They kept coming over to visit with her, which was nice of them.
Oh, please do. I'd love to see her.
Family Fun Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 09:12 PM   #98
Mad4Mickey
All SINGLE Firemen have a MARRIED wife at home
Well loved by the Tagliarchy
It makes me wonder who is in charge of the yellow stickers

I have seen the Tattoo guys on more then one trip . At one point I asked him if he planned his trip around my trips. He does wear shorts no matter what the weather is .
I saw him a year ago in Oct , then again in Feb, and in April. I leave in 5 days I will report his wearabouts when I return LOL

YETI MAN ??? really
Mad4Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 06:59 AM   #99
allisonswonderland
DIS Veteran

I saw TB lady in Nov however I was worried as there were a few days of my trip that she was not there. But one night I was walking through th lobby and she was in the middle talking to an older couple she was very. Animated as she was talking and seemed to be having fun. It made me feel good, I did not worry about her as much after that. I did notice that she is carrying a suitcase with wheels and places a small bag of bears on top.

Mad Hatter Tea Party
WDW Wedding Nov 10, 2006
allisonswonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 08:47 AM   #100
Jason71
Brother to pirates and corsairs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad4Mickey View Post

YETI MAN ??? really
Hey, the Yeti Man bought me a beer once, and when he rides EE single rider, he gives a T-shirt to whomever he rides with. May be a bit eccentric, but he's an all-around good guy in person. Same goes for The Tattoo Guy--I'd get tired answering the same questions 100 times a day (how many you have? did they hurt?), but he seems happy to do it.
Jason71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 10:26 AM   #101
Mikelly1221
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason71 View Post
Hey, the Yeti Man bought me a beer once, and when he rides EE single rider, he gives a T-shirt to whomever he rides with. May be a bit eccentric, but he's an all-around good guy in person. Same goes for The Tattoo Guy--I'd get tired answering the same questions 100 times a day (how many you have? did they hurt?), but he seems happy to do it.
I rode with the Yeti Man and got a T-Shirt! He was nice and talked a lot about the ride, showed me where the hidden Mickeys were on the ride. He was interesting to talk to.
Old 12-09-2008, 12:48 PM   #102
stitch1094
Mouseketeer

Just curious - what happens if a CM DOESN'T play along with the towel? Do they get in trouble with their manager? Seriously, can you imagine your boss yelling at you for not treating a towel like a baby?
stitch1094 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 02:07 PM   #103
thesupersmartguy
DIS Veteran

The TB lady said she does not like her picture taken, so we respected her and did not take any with her. I'm sure you all would like to see her, but it just would not have been right.

Happily living in Celebration, FL

Recent Trips To Disney:

8/08 YC Club Level Turret Suite and CBR Check Out My Trip Report UPDATED 1/28 with Turret Suite Pics!: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1922686

12/08 DTD Hilton CL and GF RPC Details Here:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2029616
thesupersmartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 07:18 PM   #104
M-I-C-K-E-Y
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesupersmartguy View Post
The TB lady said she does not like her picture taken, so we respected her and did not take any with her. I'm sure you all would like to see her, but it just would not have been right.
Agreed - I made certain not to include her image here. As for the bears, here they are folks (the best I could manage without being obvious). It was from a distance, just off the GF main lobby, so the image is a little "grainy."

This was taken in a very public place - as such, I don't feel that posting a photo of the bears is in bad form. However, if the Mods disagree, I'll gladly delete the photo. The bears are in some sort of cluster on top of her rolling suitcase.

Old 12-12-2008, 12:55 AM   #105
enchantingodin
You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself.

Wow...

Has anyone yet pondered WHY they use a towel? It may very well be the towel the child died in... how sad would that be? Bizarrely I kinda understand it. I have the blanket I brought my cat (who I had had since the age of 6) into the vet with when we had to put her down. And I'll be honest I did clutch it for a few days afterward. Grief really does do some crazy things to people. Maybe she (or they) just can't let go. I mean I try to put yourself in their situation. REALLY think about it. **sniffles** Those poor people...
enchantingodin is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: