Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 05:13 PM   #136
kid-at-heart
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
To be honest, they're all fun, and only the carriage ride actually costs any money, so why not have a go at all of them if you've got time? Both of the musician acts are family friendly, so you won't have any trouble taking a 10 year old. The campfire will be operating when you are there, it's free apart from maybe buying a smores kit. All three are free for you to drop in for as long or short as you want.

The carriage ride is lovely, but costs $35 for a half-hour ride. Best to book it in advance.

For more info on all of these, see www.portorleans.org?sub_rec_recreation.htm.

Andre
What would be a proper tip for the carriage driver?

Old 12-06-2008, 07:23 PM   #137
jeanylaser
Walt Disney World Dolphin resort biggest fan

That's awesome!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-07-2008, 04:48 AM   #138
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanylaser View Post
thank you andrewilley for the info! I can't hardly wait to stay in the POFQ! Oh! one more thing! Does Port Orleans French Quarter is next door to the Port Orleans Riverside?
Yes, the two resorts are very close to each other (although you probably wouldn't realise it while you're inside either one). There's a lovely pathway alongside the Sassagoula River running between the two, which is a really nice walk - just 10-15 minutes walk from the door of one food court to the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancyg56 View Post
Andrewilley- We have an ADR at Boatwrights. do you know if the lounge (is there one?) is open before 5 PM?
The River Roost lounge (right next to Boatwright's) is never locked so you can take advantage of its comfy chairs whenever you like, and the bar itself is open from 4pm if you want to get a pre-meal cocktail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid-at-heart View Post
Being a Brit I guess I'm probably not the best person to advise on US tipping but I'd have thought around $5 would be quite acceptable. I'm not sure if it is considered a tipping position though - I do know that the boat pilots and bus drivers aren't meant to accept tips.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 12-07-2008, 07:01 AM   #139
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Quote:
Quote:
Being a Brit I guess I'm probably not the best person to advise on US tipping but I'd have thought around $5 would be quite acceptable. I'm not sure if it is considered a tipping position though - I do know that the boat pilots and bus drivers aren't meant to accept tips.
I had planned on tipping the driver $7 if he had been willing to take the tip.

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
Old 12-07-2008, 10:24 AM   #140
jeanylaser

Quote:
Yes, the two resorts are very close to each other (although you probably wouldn't realise it while you're inside either one). There's a lovely pathway alongside the Sassagoula River running between the two, which is a really nice walk - just 10-15 minutes walk from the door of one food court to the other.

The River Roost lounge (right next to Boatwright's) is never locked so you can take advantage of its comfy chairs whenever you like, and the bar itself is open from 4pm if you want to get a pre-meal cocktail.

Andre

I have anything of this info! Thanks Andre! Oh! one more thing that i forgot! Does POFQ has tv in the check-in so the kids watch and the parents check-in! Oh! what time is check-in and Check-out! POFQ has the online reservation program too! Can we call disney reservations but i don't know the phone number! Can you help me Andre! Thanks!
Old 12-07-2008, 01:38 PM   #141
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
I have anything of this info! Thanks Andre! Oh! one more thing that i forgot! Does POFQ has tv in the check-in so the kids watch and the parents check-in! Oh! what time is check-in and Check-out! POFQ has the online reservation program too! Can we call disney reservations but i don't know the phone number! Can you help me Andre! Thanks!
Yes there is a TV for the kids at checkin, and coloring materials too.

Checkout is 11am, checkin is 3pm. Bags can be stored if you want to checkin earlier, but your room may not be ready until 3pm.

Yes, the online reservation system is available for all Disney hotels - and from January you're meant to be able to pre-checkin online too.

Disney reservations can be reached on 1-407-WDISNEY.

Hey, perhaps someone should write a FAQ about this resort, or a create website about the place?

Andre

Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 12-07-2008, 07:54 PM   #142
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Quote:
Yes there is a TV for the kids at checkin, and coloring materials too.

Checkout is 11am, checkin is 3pm. Bags can be stored if you want to checkin earlier, but your room may not be ready until 3pm.

Yes, the online reservation system is available for all Disney hotels - and from January you're meant to be able to pre-checkin online too.

Disney reservations can be reached on 1-407-WDISNEY.

Hey, perhaps someone should write a FAQ about this resort, or a create website about the place?

Andre

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
Old 12-08-2008, 01:09 PM   #143
jeanylaser

Thanks for the info! andrewilley!
Old 12-08-2008, 03:08 PM   #144
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Thanks Andre!
Old 12-08-2008, 05:42 PM   #145
jeanylaser

My mom will call disney as soon as Possible! Oh! Thanks! Andre! OH! One more thing What is the name of the shop in the Port Orleans French Quarter!
Old 12-08-2008, 06:02 PM   #146
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

Quote:
My mom will call disney as soon as Possible! Oh! Thanks! Andre! OH! One more thing What is the name of the shop in the Port Orleans French Quarter!
A little excited are you?
Old 12-08-2008, 06:20 PM   #147
runswithscissors
Terrified of Tower of Terror!

Quote:
We tipped our driver $10 and she accepted. We were actually rained out of our first ressie but were able to reschedule for another evening. We walked to POR from POFQ which only took about 10 minutes (with a 5-year old.) The carriage ride was lovely and the sound of the horseshoes on the pavement is extremely relaxing. Definitely worth it!
Old 12-09-2008, 05:13 AM   #148
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
OH! One more thing What is the name of the shop in the Port Orleans French Quarter!
Jackson Square Gifts and Desires.

I really don't mind answering all your questions, honest - but to save you some time they are mostly already covered in the FAQ in the first posting of this very thread, and also in more detail at www.portorleans.com.

Hope you all have a great time at POFQ

Andre

Old 12-09-2008, 12:20 PM   #149
SoosieQ
Mouseketeer

Just came back from 5 days at Caribbean Beach Resort. Booked the Bounceback for September at the POFQ. So subscribing to this thread. I will start at the beginning once my Disney hangover is done.

CSR- 9/2014, POP- 5/2014, POR-9/2012, POFQ- 9/2010, POFQ- 9/2009, Caribbean Beach- 12/2008, YC- 9/2007, POR- 9/2005, Contemporary- 9/2004, CSR- 9/2003,
GF- 6/2003, CBR- 5/2001,POR- 9/2000
POR- ?, POR- ?, Off-site many times
Old 12-09-2008, 01:14 PM   #150
DanceRC28
Wife to Greg, mommy to baby Tyler and furbabies Gracie and Chey. RIP Katie mommy will miss you always! <3

DH and I will be staying at POFQ for the first time from January 24th through the 31st....cannot wait. We have heard such great things, we are so excited!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: