DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2008, 06:00 PM   #1
dvc_john
DIS Veteran

DVC-Trivia Contest - April, 2006: 2nd Place

Anyone else get the DVC survey re: DVC 'elite' club?

Just got a survey asking my opinion of 5 possible names for an 'elite' club of some sort for DVC members. (the word 'elite' is mine, not theirs).

It seems they may be thinking of a club level for DVC members based on number of points owned and/or number of referrals by DVC members. No mention of possible perks, and it had a disclaimer that nothing may ever come of it. It was only about how I felt about a possible name.

DVC nights stayed to date:
AKV 15, ARS 8, BCV 61, BLT 17, BWV 83, HH 64, OKW 198, SSR 30, THV 9, VB 28, VGC 20, VGF 4, VWL 52

dvc_john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 06:17 PM   #2
Mike©
Squirrelketeer & RADP refugee

Mike© is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-02-2008, 06:53 PM   #3
lisareniff
DIS Veteran

No

...but I'm curious, what are the names they proposed???

BCV - Gotta go back home! Pres. Week 2011
AKV - President's Week 2010... a little AKV then the beach! (but not VB this year : ( )
BCV - back home for President's Week 2009
VB - April 2008 - In a BC BABY! and a little AKV too!
VWL & BWV -Presidents Wk 2007
VB & Poly - Presidents Week 2006
BCV & AKL - Presidents Week 2005
BCV - Thanksgiving Week 2003 (first time home!)
Off site 1974 & 1980 (back when WDW was the MK)

[IMG]http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/x7yacs7mcuztqzm7.png[IMG]
lisareniff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 06:56 PM   #4
hcortesis
Mouseketeer

Yep, got it also. Pretty short survey. Could be interesting if anything comes of it. My favorite was "Club 91".
hcortesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 07:01 PM   #5
dvc_john
DIS Veteran

DVC-Trivia Contest - April, 2006: 2nd Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisareniff View Post
No

...but I'm curious, what are the names they proposed???
Commodore Club
Club 91
Member Treasures

Off hand, I can't recall the other two.

DVC nights stayed to date:
AKV 15, ARS 8, BCV 61, BLT 17, BWV 83, HH 64, OKW 198, SSR 30, THV 9, VB 28, VGC 20, VGF 4, VWL 52

dvc_john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 07:18 PM   #6
Disneypirate85
DIS Veteran

hmmmm....any possibility will be something reminiscent of Club 33?
NOW that would be a serious PERK.

Disneypirate85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 07:32 PM   #7
AKV707

DIS Veteran

didn't get it. Was it emailed or snail mailed?

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow!
AKV707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 07:32 PM   #8
qtzar
Earning My Ears

More details on the survey

Initial Text :

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinions with Disney Vacation Club. It should take you 10–15 minutes to complete the survey. We truly value your responses.

Today you will be answering questions about a potential new Disney Vacation Club program. This program would be available to a select group of Members who qualified by reaching a certain threshold through their own purchases and by referring friends and family. The program would give this qualified group of Members access to additional and/or highly sought after benefits. The questions you will be answering all pertain to possible names should this program be developed. Please consider each name carefully before answering the questions.

As a reminder, this program is still in the consideration stages and is not currently active. There is no guarantee that it will ever be launched as part of Disney Vacation Club. This research is purely directional. Thank you again for your participation!

Club Names :

Commodore Club : Inspired by the Commodore House, the place where families first discovered the magic of Membership.

Club 91 : Referring to 1991, the year Disney Vacation Club was established.

Member Treasures

Legacy Club

Disney Vacation Club Rewards

Questions

Based on the name xxx ( where xxx is one of the proposed names above ), please rate the following statements on a scale from 1 – 5 (1=strongly disagree, 5=strongly agree)

“It makes me interested in learning more about the program”

“It makes the program sound upscale”

“It makes the program sound exclusive”

“I would be proud to display this name as part of a logo on a polo shirt, tote bag, etc.”

“It sounds like a special Member program only Disney Vacation Club could provide”

Please rank the names 1–5 based on your preference for what this special Disney Vacation Club Member program should be called.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:31 PM   #9
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

This sounds like another really dumb idea by DVC. Of course, at the members' requests.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 08:36 PM   #10
BWV Dreamin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
This sounds like another really dumb idea by DVC. Of course, at the members' requests.

BWV Dreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 08:38 PM   #11
jdg345
DIS Veteran

I think you only receive the survey if you own X Points or have X Referrals. (ie: If you qualify).

jdg345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 08:42 PM   #12
mgriff75
Earning My Ears

This concerns me. One of the things I really like about DVC is that they treat all members equally. It doesn't matter if you bought resale, it doesn't matter that you only own 25 points, every member gets the same perks, and the use of there membership. In many other timeshare points programs they have different levels of membership. If you only buy a few points, or buy resale, you become second class citizens, not entitled to the same benefits as the VIP owners.
mgriff75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 08:51 PM   #13
LIFERBABE
DVC MEMBER @ BCV BWV OKW SSR BLT AKV

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgriff75 View Post
This concerns me. One of the things I really like about DVC is that they treat all members equally. It doesn't matter if you bought resale, it doesn't matter that you only own 25 points, every member gets the same perks, and the use of there membership. In many other timeshare points programs they have different levels of membership. If you only buy a few points, or buy resale, you become second class citizens, not entitled to the same benefits as the VIP owners.
Sounds that way to me too. I did receive the survey, but I think with all the recent changes, DVC is going more the way of the traditional slime, I mean timeshare. I guess as long as I am sitting on a ton of points, I should not complain, i always appreciated that with DVC all members being treated equally. I never threw around the # of points I own but it seems they want me to.

By sheer example, I will also have more referrals. People see us living life in the fab lane and want to know how we do it. I tell them DVC and they want to join! Im a walking sickness but Im good for business!

I feel so used!

"Mama I want go see Mittey Mouse"
MAY 1998 Apopka/JUNE 2002 Highland Rsrv./JUNE 2003 Wind. PalmsMAY 2004 SSR DVC Member Homecoming/JUNE 2004 SOG & BCV 2B2Q/OCT 2004 BWV 1B & SSR H-Jeanne/ DEC 2004 VWL & SSR/MAY to JUNE 2005 MONTH VISIT TO BCV AND SSR/SEPT 05 DVC MEMBER CRUISE DCL Wonder/DEC 05 BCV & SSR/MAY-June 2006 SSR/Sept 2006 7 Day DCL Double Castaway Cay/Oct 2006 DVC Member Cruise 2006/Dec 2006-Jan 2007 Christmas @ BCV & NYE @ SSR/March 2007 Girls trip to BWV & SSR/June 2007 Family Reunion @ SSR/July 2007 First Trip to AKV Sav.View!/Oct 2007 BCV F&WF/Dec-Jan 2008 AKV Concierge and SSR/JUNE 08 BCV/SSR/AUG-SEP 08TOAL EB REPO/OCT 08 F&WF BCV concierge/DEC 08 SSR/AKV/HHI/JUNE 09 DCL/DEC 09 THV/.........
LIFERBABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 06:53 AM   #14
Lady V
I kept waking up so hot!
I get teary eyed and happy all at the same time!

I agree....sounds like they will be treating us according to our number of points. No longer will we all be part of the same club. I don't like it.
-BCV,HRH,AKV,BWV,
2010-BLT, ASSports,ASMusic, AKV, 2011-SSR2012-CBR, DAAR, BCV
2013 -ASMovies, AKV,POP, AKL 2014-SSR(3X),ASSports, Pop, OKW(2X), AKV(Club level!), BWV
Disney Dream-Jan 2014, Disney Magic-Feb 2014, Disney Magic-April 2014
Lady V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 07:36 AM   #15
nunzia
You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys with Toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgriff75 View Post
That was my thought too. I can only afford a small number of points and thought it was pretty nice that I still got to be a 'real' member. I wonder what the perks will be? Will members get extra early booking days? Preferred rooms? Those kinds of things would bother me as then I would feel like a not as cherished member. If it's stuff like a special reception, or extra goodies or a Club members only event, then OK..they paid for it. I don't want my basic membership standards to be diluted though.
I actually like the Club 91 name..the closest thing to Club 33.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: