Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2008, 01:31 PM   #811
Camno's Mama
DIS Veteran

I have a question that may have been answered somewhere in these 50 some pages, but I think it's a pretty simple one! So, sorry if it's been dealt with already!

We are flying SW, and get in around lunch time. If we stop and eat at the food court in the airport, will that throw anything off? It is my understanding that we can do whatever and get on the bus...the bags are taken care of and there will be a bus waiting whenever.

Is that correct? I would so love to have them fed and happy during the bus line, on the ride, and during check-in!
Old 11-10-2008, 01:50 PM   #812
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camno's Mama View Post
I have a question that may have been answered somewhere in these 50 some pages, but I think it's a pretty simple one! So, sorry if it's been dealt with already!

We are flying SW, and get in around lunch time. If we stop and eat at the food court in the airport, will that throw anything off? It is my understanding that we can do whatever and get on the bus...the bags are taken care of and there will be a bus waiting whenever.

Is that correct? I would so love to have them fed and happy during the bus line, on the ride, and during check-in!
You are 100% correct. When you land in Orlando, there is not a bus specifically waiting for YOU. You just get to the DME counter whenever you darn well feel like it and they'll get you on the next bus to your resort. No one will be delayed because of you. No staffers will be worried about your well-being, etc.

Go feed that family!!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-10-2008, 02:57 PM   #813
Camno's Mama
DIS Veteran

Thank you! We've never stayed onsite before, so it's a whole new world. It seems too good to be true...how easy everything is. I'm looking forward to it...only two months from today!
Old 11-12-2008, 08:53 AM   #814
n2mm
aka WALTSGIRL

We were in WDW 2 weeks ago and I picked up the BAGs/RAC info for checking bags that now have a fee. It gave instructions on what needs to be done in order to pay the fee prior to checking your bags for your departure. However, at the bottom it said that United is presently not charging for checked bags at this time. (I'm assuming it was because they didn't have a system set up yet.) Has anyone flown United recently and could response whether they are now able to pay or are United still now enforcing their fee. I see on United website they now have a way to pay prior to getting to the airport. I was trying to find out what we need to do for the return flight.

2015 TRIPS-Under Construction
April 29 - May 16 @ BCV
Sept 11-12@ BLT; ? + Cruise
Oct 25 - Nov 7 @ ?

n2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 07:32 PM   #815
tiggerfan4me
Mouseketeer

I have also heard that starting next year Air Tran will be charging for checking bags from the hotel. Does anybody know anything about this. We are due to use AirTran 3/29-4/2. If there is a fee we will be willing to pay it just for the convenience as long as it isn't too much, we just need to find out what has to be done. thanks.

[url]
tiggerfan4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 10:55 PM   #816
dudspizza
I married in to a Disney crazy family... now I have become the craziest of them all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggerfan4me View Post
I have also heard that starting next year Air Tran will be charging for checking bags from the hotel. Does anybody know anything about this. We are due to use AirTran 3/29-4/2. If there is a fee we will be willing to pay it just for the convenience as long as it isn't too much, we just need to find out what has to be done. thanks.
Any ticket booked on or after Nov 12 will have baggage fees. Go to www.airtran.com and click on baggage FAQ's.

Duds
Old 11-23-2008, 06:50 PM   #817
angboys3
stuff and fluff

I have a question. We will be using ME when we arrive, though we will get our own baggage, last time their baggage delivery was a disaster.

However, when we check out on our last day at WDW, we want a full day at the parks so we are going to be staying at a hotel on site at the airport that night. Can ME drop us back off at airport without a departure time for that same day? We aren't flying out till the following day, we won't be checking luggage as we will want it with us most likely.

Or do we need to arrange for a town car to drop us off directly at our airport hotel? Which do you think would work out better. Does anyone have a link to a good town car service?

Dec 2006 Port Orleans, June 2008 Contemporary, Adult only trip to Universal 2010, Dec 2013 Offsite

angboys3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 08:00 PM   #818
clkelley
I squealed really loud!!
I got one on my camper too

The easiest thing to do is to give the reservations folks a flight number that is scheduled about 3 hours before you wish to return to the airport. It doesn't matter where it is going. Then you will receive a pickup time and will load your luggage under the bus. When you arrive at the airport, you can then proceed to the shuttle for your airport hotel. Or just go upstairs if you are staying at the Hyatt.

We really would like to hear what your experiences were when you stated that "baggage delivery was a disaster"
clkelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 04:37 AM   #819
Humphrey53209
Mouseketeer

Delta 1st bag charge?

We booked our Delta Air tix before Delta instituted their 1st bag charge. I know we don't have to pay that fee but how does RAC handle this? Are they aware that we don't have to pay the fee or must we too call BAGS? Thanks!

Regards,
Humphrey53209
Humphrey53209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 06:17 AM   #820
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

RAC can tell, when they print out your boarding passes, whether or not you need to pay any luggage fees. Be sure you know, for yourself, whether or not you need to pay any fees...if you do, you have to call BAGS directly, and pay the fees, before being able to checkin in with RAC.
Old 11-28-2008, 09:13 AM   #821
angboys3
stuff and fluff

The easiest thing to do is to give the reservations folks a flight number that is scheduled about 3 hours before you wish to return to the airport. It doesn't matter where it is going. Then you will receive a pickup time and will load your luggage under the bus. When you arrive at the airport, you can then proceed to the shuttle for your airport hotel. Or just go upstairs if you are staying at the Hyatt.

We really would like to hear what your experiences were when you stated that "baggage delivery was a disaster"

First we didn't get bags till middle of the night, even though we didn't arrive that late in the afternoon and we were still missing one bag that they lost. It took at least another day to get that bag. Luckily it was a bag from one of my twins and he was able to wear this brother's clothes.

We saw some people who just went and got their own bags and loaded it on the bus so we will definitely just do that next time.

Dec 2006 Port Orleans, June 2008 Contemporary, Adult only trip to Universal 2010, Dec 2013 Offsite

angboys3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 09:34 AM   #822
clkelley
I squealed really loud!!
I got one on my camper too

Quote:
Originally Posted by angboys3 View Post
[I]
First we didn't get bags till middle of the night, even though we didn't arrive that late in the afternoon and we were still missing one bag that they lost. It took at least another day to get that bag. Luckily it was a bag from one of my twins and he was able to wear this brother's clothes.

We saw some people who just went and got their own bags and loaded it on the bus so we will definitely just do that next time.
I'm so sorry that happened. If Disney misplaced the bags, then yes, that was a major horror story.

However, if it was the AIRLINE that misdirected the bags, then Disney was doing their job in taking care of it for you. If you claim your own bags and the airline has misdirected them, then YOU waste precious vacation time at the airline claim office (with rather grumpy personnel), and precious vacation time on the phone continually checking with them to locate your bags and get them delivered to you.

If you use the Yellow tags and properly packed carryons (24 hours of stuff for each of you), then Disney does all the legwork for you and you can enjoy your vacation.
clkelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 12:50 PM   #823
Uncle Remus
Raconteur
can't name 'em Jeb, George, and Barbara, these are GOOD dogs!

Yikes, there's a lot of replies in this thread.

Simple question:

If I'm returnin' from MCO thru DME and American Airlines, can I make arrangements to pay the baggage fee at the resort baggage check-in for my departin' flight?

I'm sure this has been answered in this thread, but the dang search function here is wacky at times.
Old 11-29-2008, 12:56 PM   #824
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

No, any checked bag fees have to be paid before you get to the RAC desk at the resort. They, RAC, are not setup to take any type of payments. You will be given a phone number to call in order to pay any checked bag fees in your DME departure notice that is provided the day before your departure.
Old 11-29-2008, 01:03 PM   #825
Uncle Remus
Raconteur
can't name 'em Jeb, George, and Barbara, these are GOOD dogs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
No, any checked bag fees have to be paid before you get to the RAC desk at the resort. They, RAC, are not setup to take any type of payments. You will be given a phone number to call in order to pay any checked bag fees in your DME departure notice that is provided the day before your departure.
I love you Mods here at DIS, you folks are so knowledgable!!
Thank you so much.

btw, I just booked my first 2 reservations in my new DVC.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: