Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2008, 11:22 PM   #1
Hillary12.8.07
DIS Veteran

Our First Anniversary @Sports, Old Key West AND Pop! TR finished, new TR started!!

B

We’re back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know I’m excited, are you?!??!?!?!

The Newlyweds return again! Only this time, we’re losing our newlywed status since this is our FIRST ANNIVERSARY trip!!! Crazy how fast a year goes by! I can remember so clearly a year ago, planning my wedding and Disneymoon!! Crazy that we’re just 2 weeks ago from our anniversary. This has been a year of ups and downs, but I wouldn’t trade any of it for what I have. I have the most wonderful husband who makes me laugh everyday and loves me no matter what.

I just finished up a trip report, so if somehow you haven’t read it, CHECK IT OUT! We spent a long weekend in October for MNSSHP and my mom’s birthday at Fort Wilderness w/my whole family and it was a BLAST! But we have not been on a trip ALONE together since our honeymoon, so this is a MUCH needed trip!!!

So here’s the history…

Right after we got home from our honeymoon I was having severe Disney withdrawal, and really needed to know we’d be back. We talked it over, and I started looking at cheap ways to go. We had pretty much settled on staying at Pop. I love it, and have stayed there before, but DH hasn’t. It’s not super luxurious, but hey, it’s a Disney trip. We were just planning on using the 2 day tickets we still have left over, so it would be budgeted anyway.

Then I started looking around on the Dis and hearing about people renting DVC points. I’ve stayed at Boardwalk before and loved it, and we’re beginning to really love Epcot more and more, so that sparked my interest. I posted on the Rent/Trade board, and got no replies for a few weeks. I was discouraged, and was back to our Pop plan.

Then one day I got an email from a woman saying she had points to rent!!! She looked into a few different resorts for me, and all they had available for a studio was higher point prices at all the other resorts except Old Key West. But I could rent points and pay LESS per night at OKW than we would be at Pop!!!! SOUNDS GOOD TO ME!!!! Points are much higher on the weekends though so we just reserved it for Sun-Thurs night. Planning to add on later. So we were set! After much communication and research, we sent off the money to our renter and it was planned!! December 14-18th at OKW! I’ve never stayed there but heard nothing but good things and it looks beautiful!

So then later of course I decided we needed more time. Our actual anniversary is December 8, but my best friend is getting married the 12th so of course we couldn’t go until after that. The wedding is a Friday, and we weren’t checking in to OKW until Sunday. Why wait that long?!?!? So I called not long before our October trip to add on Saturday night w/a Disney Visa rate I’d found. It wasn’t available for Pop, just All Star Sports, but it was only about $14 cheaper. So I just went w/Pop bc I love it so much.

Fast forward to our trip. We ended up purchasing ANNUAL PASSES!!! This changed things somewhat. I was so excited to have that flexibility, and of course wanted to add more time to our trip! Especially having those AP discounts!! So when we got back home I called about the discounts that are out and to see about adding more days. I added Friday and Saturday night on at Pop, since the discount is AWESOME, and we figured, we’re already going to be there, why not stay? And DH doesn’t have to be back at work until Tuesday anyway, and I’ll be off from school then. I also checked about the previous Saturday at Pop to apply the AP discount. Not available there, but it was for All Stars. And it was much cheaper. So I switched, since we’d still be staying there 2 nights at the end. SO, NOW we’re set! Check in Saturday the 13th at All Star Sports, then move to OKW the 14th till the 19th, and then 2 more nights at Pop!!!!
Still with me???

Good. We are SO excited for this trip!! We’re down to 17 days!!! I could not be more excited. I’m already making lists in my head of everything we need to take. I’ve also done little bits of shopping for tshirts and stuff. I cannot wait to be back during the Christmas season, it really is my favorite. And just to revisit old memories from our honeymoon!

So stay tuned! It’s going to be fun!!!

TRIP INDEX
Day One: Trip to Orlando and All Star Sports
Day Two: Magic Kingdom morning
Day Two: Old Key West!
Day Two: Dinner at Kona
Day Three: Epcot Part 1
Day Three: Epcot Part 2
Day Three: Epcot Part 3
Day Four: Pool and AK
Day Four: AK Part 2 and Hollywood Studios!
Day Five: DHS and Sci-Fi lunch!
Day Five: Part 2 of DHS!!
Day Five: MK & Spectromagic!
Day Five: WISHES!
Day Six: Swimmy time!!
Day Six: SHOPPING!
Day Six: Epcot!
Day Six: Illuminations!
Day Seven: Pop!!!
Day Seven: Fantasmic!
Day Seven: Christmas lights Pop pool at night!
Day Eight: Our Last Day-Magic Kingdom!
Day Eight: Very Merry Christmas Parade!!
Day Eight: End of our last day, hanging out at Pop!!

Last edited by Hillary12.8.07; 03-08-2009 at 08:37 PM.
Old 11-26-2008, 03:34 AM   #2
OhioDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

Ok, I'm in! I've always wondered what it's like changing resorts throughout a stay so I'm interested to hear all about it once you get back too!

Waiting for more.

Hey BangBang Chicken...Where's Carl?http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post50814403 CURRENT TR in Progress Really? All of us? ... a Jan PTR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3186622
The Most Wonderful Thing About Tiggers...happened to us! A 2013 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3066866
Road Trip! Stop1: Inkedupmomma's Wedding, Stop 2: Disney - A Feb 2013 PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post45966160
Small Po-taaaa-toes! My Sept 2011 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post42885313
The "I said I wasn't going to do a PTR...PTR (Sept 2011) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post39927349
Drama Please End...Fun, Please Begin..A Sept TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post38357331
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-26-2008, 05:29 AM   #3
*KeepMovingForward*

DIS Veteran

Jumping on board!

ETA: We stayed at OKW in October and it is a lovely resort. We were in building 22 which was sooooo quiet and at the end of the street, so no thru traffic. Your going to have a wonderful time there.

Last edited by *KeepMovingForward*; 11-26-2008 at 05:39 AM.
Old 11-26-2008, 03:43 PM   #4
Hillary12.8.07
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioDisneyLover View Post
Ok, I'm in! I've always wondered what it's like changing resorts throughout a stay so I'm interested to hear all about it once you get back too!

Waiting for more.
YAY thanks for following me over here!!! I'm interested in what it will be like too, changing resorts. We've only done it once before. It was really easy then, so hopefully it will be again. We do have the benefit of driving and having our car so that will be easier for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *KeepMovingForward* View Post
Jumping on board!

ETA: We stayed at OKW in October and it is a lovely resort. We were in building 22 which was sooooo quiet and at the end of the street, so no thru traffic. Your going to have a wonderful time there.
YAY I'm glad to hear more good things about OKW! We requested a building close to the Hospitality House, bc we love to swim and want to be close to that, as well as the boats over to DTD bc we will probably do that alot. We're not too picky about location though, esp somewhere we've never been so I don't really care. I can't wait!! Thanks for reading along!!
Old 11-26-2008, 06:11 PM   #5
NotSoEvilStepmother
*Not a real stepmother*

I'm in. Sounds like a great trip in the making.
Mom, My Hand's Smell--A First Timer's Trip Report--Now Complete
Old 11-27-2008, 09:23 PM   #6
Hillary12.8.07
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotSoEvilStepmother View Post
I'm in. Sounds like a great trip in the making.
YAY so glad you're here!
Old 11-27-2008, 09:52 PM   #7
Hillary12.8.07
DIS Veteran

First of all, I just want to wish everyone a HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

I hope everyone had a wonderful day filled with food, family, and fun, and you took time out to be thankful for everything you have!

Now let the PTR continue!

I thought I'd make some introductions first, for new readers!

Myself, Hillary..

this is me, cooking up a storm this morning, lol.

I'm 26, a graduate student, getting my Master's in School Counseling. I will graduate in May!!! Love Disney, traveling, reading, movies, spending time with friends and family. I'm pretty shy, but open up quickly once you get to know me. I'm working in a middle school as an intern this year and I LOVE IT. I love that age, they are the coolest kids. It's such a tough age and I think I've found my calling there. I have a degree in Psychology and human behavior and just people in general fascinate me. Mommy to the cutest cat ever...

I took that this morning, she was watching me cook! ha.

DH-Andy. 25. This handsome man right here...

works as a Network Administrator. Basically he works on computers all day. For the government. Great job, esp for someone his age, and I'm so proud of him. He's starting to get into this Disney thing! He's a big ol' kid, just like me. Sometimes I think we're so childish, but really we just know how to have fun. He's into goofy things, and is often mistaken for this guy...

Its really crazy. Seriously...we had a group of teenagers working in Ruby Tuesday one time FREAK OUT bc they thought he looked just like him. It's entertaining.

Like I said, this is our First Anniversary trip!!! We spent a wonderful week on our DISNEYMOON last year, and just had the best time. You can read about it in the link in my sig! I planned that trip so hard, and it was worth it. We spent 7 nights at the Wilderness Lodge, which is now my favorite resort. We got a package deal with my Disney Visa and had the dining plan, which was fun for that trip, but we will probably never do it again. Not our style

I cannot BELIEVE how quickly this year has gone by!! It really seems like just yesterday we were planning our wedding, and we are almost newlyweds no more. But I'm proud of us for making it through this year, we've had rough patches just due to life circumstances, but we love each other and are just having such a great time. I cannot wait to take this trip and just run around like big kids and have some fun!!!!

proof we like to have fun!

Us at the zoo last weekend!

SO, we are down to just a little over two weeks now!!! I made this awesome countdown calendar at 50 days...

which now looks like THIS!

Well actually I took that a day or two ago, so I think we're down another Mickey head!! I have it hanging on the fridge so every night after dinner we take a Mickey off and I do a little dance!!

I can't believe how close we are!!!!!

Last edited by Hillary12.8.07; 11-27-2008 at 09:57 PM.
Old 11-28-2008, 06:14 PM   #8
Hillary12.8.07
DIS Veteran

So my parents left for Disney early this morning. If you haven't read my recent TR, this is them...

Aren't they cute?!

My dad had some extra vacation days to use before he loses them at the end of the year, so they decided to find somewhere to go. Well DUH! They ended up finding a good deal offsite, at the Royal Plaza at DTD. They couldn't get in the campground unfortunately, so they just decided to stay in a hotel. She said its really nice, and they just walked over to DTD today when they got there bc their room wasn't ready. And of course she's being MEAN and keeps sending me picture messages. I got one of the entrance sign, their hotel, the pool, some of the inside of the new T-Rex restaurant at DTD, and she just sent me one a few minutes ago of the castle at MK all lit up tonight. MEAN. Its ok though, I'll get her back....

Seriously though, I'm glad they're having fun. And I can't be TOO jealous since we'll be there in 14 days!!!

Anyway, since they're in a hotel they needed to do something with this little guy...

So DH and I are staying at their house until Wednesday when they get home. This is going to be a CRAZY busy week though! It's my last week of classes, I just have Tues night and Thurs night and my final exam and I'm DONE! I'll go the next 2 weeks to my internship too. And did I mention I'm going to DISNEY ON ICE next Sunday?!?!? Because I am! My mom and I are giong that afternoon! Her daycare was supposd to be going Friday afternoon but they ended up canceling that show, so we got tickets for Sunday. YAY!

Where is everybody hiding BTW? I know people are reading, looking at the # of views!! Come out and say HELLO!!

Old 11-28-2008, 11:37 PM   #9
NotSoEvilStepmother
*Not a real stepmother*

Haha! Don't worry, I'm still here. Yay! Only 2 weeks! And only a few more classes left! Whoot!!!! Sounds like you're in for a busy next 2 weeks. But it ends with Disney and isn't that worth it?? Mean mom for sending picture images. Can't say my family and friends wouldn't do the same though. I'm sure you'll get her back though. Have a great weekend!
Mom, My Hand's Smell--A First Timer's Trip Report--Now Complete
Old 11-29-2008, 01:04 AM   #10
kgle
My son's slave

How exciting! A couple more weeks Your countdown calendar is so cute, its making me want to make one to get DS excited once we get into double digits! I am also glad to read that you love POP, we are staying there next year.
Old 11-29-2008, 11:07 AM   #11
Hillary12.8.07
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotSoEvilStepmother View Post
Haha! Don't worry, I'm still here. Yay! Only 2 weeks! And only a few more classes left! Whoot!!!! Sounds like you're in for a busy next 2 weeks. But it ends with Disney and isn't that worth it?? Mean mom for sending picture images. Can't say my family and friends wouldn't do the same though. I'm sure you'll get her back though. Have a great weekend!
Thanks for posting!! Yes I'm VERY excited, even though its going to be BUSY the next 2 weeks...finishing school, working on Christmas shopping, getting things together for Disney, the wedding I'm in the night before we leave, and then we're OFF! All very worth it.

And yeah it's hard to be mad at her, I really love that they go and have fun like we do. I got a picture msg from Animal Kingdom this morning, and she texted me that they were checking out OKW this morning too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgle View Post
How exciting! A couple more weeks Your countdown calendar is so cute, its making me want to make one to get DS excited once we get into double digits! I am also glad to read that you love POP, we are staying there next year.
Thanks!!! It was super easy to make, and it really keeps the excitement up!! You will love Pop, especially with kids. Not luxurious, at least compared to the Disney deluxe resorts, but its just so fun, not to mention cheap! Kids love it. I will have to take lots of pics for you!

Thanks for reading everyone! Hope everyone is having a great weekend! We are just relaxing a good bit...I came down with a nasty cold yesterday so I haven't done much but lay around on the couch and watch movies!!!

I'm proud though, I had said we needed to catch up on Disney/Pixar movies we haven't seen, so last weekend we watched Monsters Inc (rented from the library), and then last night The Incredibles was on tv! I LOVED Monsters Inc, DH did too. Def. on our "to buy" list. Not such a fan of The Incredibles. It was ok, but I got bored there for awhile. DH really enjoyed it, oddly enough!

Have a great weekend everybody!!

13 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-30-2008, 05:03 PM   #12
mickeysmyboy

DIS Veteran

Hi Hillary!! Jumping over! Can't wait to read more!
Old 12-01-2008, 11:39 AM   #13
Hillary12.8.07
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysmyboy View Post
Hi Hillary!! Jumping over! Can't wait to read more!

YAY I'm glad you're here!! Come on in and join the fun!!!

We're down to just 11 days!!!

I ran some errands yesterday and got a few things for our trip. I'm planning on getting our suitcases down this coming weekend so we can start putting things in them...with my bff's wedding the night before we leave, and all that crazyiness going on next week I need to get as much done as early as I can!!

More updates coming later!
Old 12-01-2008, 02:30 PM   #14
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

You're almost at Disney World! I'm excited to hear all about the pre- and post-trip! and what a fun anniversary trip! I'm getting married the 20th and we're already planning a trip in Sept! Can't wait. Good luck with everything! Can't wait to read more!

Dec 2012 Animal Kingdom VillasSept 2009 Animal Kingdom Villas (PTR) (TR: 1st Trip as Mr. & Mrs.) Oct 2006 POP Century June 2003 Fort Wilderness Campground July 1989 Off-site

Old 12-01-2008, 02:42 PM   #15
Hillary12.8.07
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacikristine View Post
You're almost at Disney World! I'm excited to hear all about the pre- and post-trip! and what a fun anniversary trip! I'm getting married the 20th and we're already planning a trip in Sept! Can't wait. Good luck with everything! Can't wait to read more!
Thanks for joining in!!

How exciting you're wedding coming up!!! That's awesome!! GOSH it seriously feels like just yesterday I was about to get married, and we're just a week away from our 1 year anniversary. NUTS! You must be so excited, and to be planning a Disney trip too!!!

Thanks for reading!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: