Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2008, 11:38 AM   #61
karajeboo
DISmom by land and by sea!

Ellen, the ship is barely out of port and I'M SOLD!!!!! I got goose bumps with the streamers flying - this has become my latest must-do!

Check out my TRs: DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits..... May, 2011
The McSparklesons are BACK! And they are CRUISIN! March, 2011
DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,
Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen May, 2009, DISmoms Gone WILD!!!! , May, 2009
A Joint TR with "podsnel" and "Camster0307"

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
karajeboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 12:07 PM   #62
MagicMe
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to let you know I'm really enjoying your trip report. You first got me with that title as that's exactly how I felt on our cruise. I've cruised twice on the Wonder (4-days) and most recently on the Magic (the Sept DD). Loved it sooooo much that I'm now booked on the Sept2010 TA!!! It's really going to be tough getting me off that ship!!
Disney Fantasy - SEP12; Disney Dream/OKW - OCT11; Disney Wonder - Alaska AUG11; Disney Magic WBTA - Sep10; Disney Magic - Sep08; WL - Dec07-MVMCP; OKW - Oct/Nov06-MNSSHP; Disney Wonder - Aug06; OKW - Sept05; Disneyland - Jun04; Offsite - Dec03-MVMCP; Poly - Aug02; POR/Wonder - Aug00; POR - Jul99; And many more...

MagicMe is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-20-2008, 12:52 PM   #63
vanessa3198
Mouseketeer

I absolutely LOVE your TR!
I'm gonna be going on my first cruise at the end of February FINALLY after 10 years of wanting to go! And I know I'm gonna cry when I hear that horn go off at the sail away party!

Please, please, please post more!

vanessa3198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 12:53 PM   #64
Miscoehill
Mouseketeer

Love your TR! Now I just need to convince the DH to do a 7 day next year! We've done the 4 day and 3 day..i think its time for the 7 day!
Glad you had a magical time!
Miscoehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 01:28 PM   #65
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGAFan0829 View Post
Hi, Ellen!
I came over to the trip report board looking for a report on the Western Caribbean, and I foud yours, and I am so glad I did! My DH and I doing the Western next September to celebrate our 10th anniversary, so I wanted to read about other DIS'ers experiences.
I am LOVING your report so far! Just like you, I love food and pics, so your report is right up my alley!
I cannot wait to read more! Thanks so much for posting!
Well, I'm so glad you find mine, too!! Happy Anniversary- what a PERFECT way to celebrate. Make sure you go to the Dismeet- it's really fun to meet up with your Dis pals, and see them and say hi all week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karajeboo View Post
Ellen, the ship is barely out of port and I'M SOLD!!!!! I got goose bumps with the streamers flying - this has become my latest must-do!
PERFECT!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMe View Post
Just wanted to let you know I'm really enjoying your trip report. You first got me with that title as that's exactly how I felt on our cruise. I've cruised twice on the Wonder (4-days) and most recently on the Magic (the Sept DD). Loved it sooooo much that I'm now booked on the Sept2010 TA!!! It's really going to be tough getting me off that ship!!
WOW- a TA ....I wish the dates would work for us, all those fun, relaxing days at sea AND a great price!! Lucky, lucky you! Thanks for reading!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanessa3198 View Post
I absolutely LOVE your TR!
I'm gonna be going on my first cruise at the end of February FINALLY after 10 years of wanting to go! And I know I'm gonna cry when I hear that horn go off at the sail away party!

Please, please, please post more!
Awww...I'm so glad you love my TR- thanks! And yes, you ARE going to cry- when they announce you as first time cruisers when you board, when the horn blows, at the shows....bring tissues. Lots and lots of tissues!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miscoehill View Post
Love your TR! Now I just need to convince the DH to do a 7 day next year! We've done the 4 day and 3 day..i think its time for the 7 day!
Glad you had a magical time!
It seems like the only logical next step!
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 01:50 PM   #66
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindelmouse View Post
So are you on the other side of Mickey?
I towards the top row...have a white t shirt with the design enclosed in a red box.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure we didn't meet?
Old 11-20-2008, 02:16 PM   #67
i<3castawaycay123
Jesus Freak and proud of it! :)

I'm so sad right now!! Every time I read a cruise trip report i get sad. We have gone on 3 and it will be 4 next year. We think it is the best vacation EVER so we are always excited to go on one. Great trip report so far! I hope ya'll had a great time!

Keep posting.... I'll be waiting!!

we are not trying to entertain the critics. i'll take my chances with the public. - walt disney
i<3castawaycay123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 02:57 PM   #68
mindelmouse
Rabid Disnoid's Spouse

No, I don't think we did

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
I towards the top row...have a white t shirt with the design enclosed in a red box.
Are you sure we didn't meet?[/QUOTE]

I do think I saw you in the MK though and I saw you walk into the meet shortly before we took the picture.....but we never got to say hi.

many WDW trips before 1998
WDW - Oct 2000 - offsite, WDW August 2002 - All star music resort, ,WDW Port Orleans, WDW May 2006 Old Key West, WDW Nov 2007 offsite, DCL Magic 11/1/08, MNSSHP 10/31/09, DCL Magic in the Med 8/18/2010, Wonder to Alaska 8/23/2011, NYC to nowhere 6/15/2012, NYC to Bahamas 8/25/2012, 9/30/2012 Dream Cruise, Magic to Greece 6/15/2013, Disneyland Nov 2013, Fantasy Eastern Caribbean 8/23/2014
mindelmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 03:13 PM   #69
podsnel

Our first dinner, it's Lumiere's!

We had requested the second seating for dinner, and were assigned LAPPLAP for rotation, meaning we would be going to dinner every night at 8:15 which was just fine with us- we figured we could always have everyone grab some kind of snack aroun 5 or so each night, and it all would work out fine for us, which it did! We were seated at table #68, and our servers were Christian and Ranzil. If we could have brought these guys home with us, I can promise you, we would have!! They were spectacular, and we all loved them.
Our first decision was whether or not to do the wine package. I knew it wasn't much of a savings, but I also knew there were a few bottles on the premium list that DH would really enjoy, and they would be more expensive if we didn't get the package. So we chose the premium package. And had a bottle every night-. And what was really good, was that on the nights when I wanted a less expensive wine that we both LOVE (a white wine called Evolution 9) they took off the $7 difference. Cool!

Anyway, on our first night, the boys shared the Shrimp Medley

Dh & I got escargot, and DS11 tried one for the first time-here, Honey, Daddy wants you to eat a yummy garlicky slug- YUM!

DS9 ate one no problem- he's a snail veteran from F&W 2007!

Then we had a Normandy salad-

And it looks like someone had some soup!

The kids had kid food that night- I believe it was one of the only times of the trip. Both DH & I ordered Coquille St. Jacques-

and it was really, really yummy.

A word about the food- I really didn't know what to expect. There are sooooo many varying opinions on the DCL food on these boards, I guess I was ready for anything- too bland, too spicy, undercooked, overcooked, used to be better, much better than the last cruise! food- I was truly open to it all. And you know what?

I really liked the food.

It was better than other cruise food I've had, it was almost all very tasty stuff. I was not expecting 5 star cuisine (I believe that's on another cruise line and I don't think I'm old enough or rich enough to get on that ship anytime soon!) so I was not disappointed. And our servers were sooo eager to make sure we had a positive dining experience, they helped us choose well every time. And we could order whatever we wanted to. As much as we wanted to. Some nights we split a third entree because we just couldn't decide.

And everyone left the table full and satisfied!

Time for dessert! Can you guess what DS11 had?

DH got an ice cream sundae-

And I had creme brulee-

The DSs were desperate to get back to their clubs, and we were desperate to get to ours! First we went into Rockin Bar D. Now even being a newbie, I knew what was going to go on in there as soon as the comedian finished- and it was pretty empty in there, and I had a feeling that we were going to be picked. So please forgive me when I say....we left and went to Diversions. Sorry. Normally I'm one to be ok with public humiliation, but tonight I was just mellow- go figure?!

However, DH and I had a GREAT first night in Diversions! We got a booth, grabbed Trivial Pursuit 80's off the wall, watched an AWESOME football game, and I kicked DH's behind playing TP, proving once and for all who the fairer and smarter sex really is at our house!

We really laughed alot during that game, so nice to be alone with my DH and not have any responsibility hanging over our heads other than having more fun! An excellent first night onboard the Magic.
Old 11-20-2008, 03:24 PM   #70
karajeboo
DISmom by land and by sea!

Oh, Ellen! Did I say I'M IN yet? Cause I'm SOOOOO in! I have never wanted to really go on a cruise, until now! I'm soooo pumped!

Great pics and descriptions!

Check out my TRs: DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits..... May, 2011
The McSparklesons are BACK! And they are CRUISIN! March, 2011
DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,
Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen May, 2009, DISmoms Gone WILD!!!! , May, 2009
A Joint TR with "podsnel" and "Camster0307"

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
karajeboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 04:27 PM   #71
UGAFan0829
DIS Veteran

Awesome update! Sounds like you had an awesome and relaxing first night! Can't wait to read more

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
We were seated at table #68, and our servers were Christian and Ranzil. If we could have brought these guys home with us, I can promise you, we would have!! They were spectacular, and we all loved them.
Do you remember if Christian was from Chile? I know it's a long shot, but we had a server by the name of Christian for our first cruise on the Wonder and he was so awesome!
UGAFan0829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 05:00 PM   #72
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by karajeboo View Post
Oh, Ellen! Did I say I'M IN yet? Cause I'm SOOOOO in! I have never wanted to really go on a cruise, until now! I'm soooo pumped!

Great pics and descriptions!
October 30th, 2010! October30th, 2010!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGAFan0829 View Post
Awesome update! Sounds like you had an awesome and relaxing first night! Can't wait to read more

Do you remember if Christian was from Chile? I know it's a long shot, but we had a server by the name of Christian for our first cruise on the Wonder and he was so awesome!
Christian was from Peru- I'll be posting pics of him on other nights. Every night he would tell us what he was really recommending on the menu- and he LOVED to push the desserts!!
Old 11-20-2008, 05:56 PM   #73
mindelmouse
Rabid Disnoid's Spouse

pictures

Ellen,

I've found out by reading yours and all the other trip reports that I'm a big dope. I hardly took pictures of anything because I never remembered to take my camera with me. You guys were so good, you have pictures to show everything you did, I only have some of the kids, a lot of fish in the water.....I don't know what's wrong with me. I'm writing my own personal trip report to keep with our stuff at home and I have to use stock Disney pictures. I guess I've learned a valuable lesson - take more pictures, I can always delete them.

Thanks for sharing yours.

many WDW trips before 1998
WDW - Oct 2000 - offsite, WDW August 2002 - All star music resort, ,WDW Port Orleans, WDW May 2006 Old Key West, WDW Nov 2007 offsite, DCL Magic 11/1/08, MNSSHP 10/31/09, DCL Magic in the Med 8/18/2010, Wonder to Alaska 8/23/2011, NYC to nowhere 6/15/2012, NYC to Bahamas 8/25/2012, 9/30/2012 Dream Cruise, Magic to Greece 6/15/2013, Disneyland Nov 2013, Fantasy Eastern Caribbean 8/23/2014
mindelmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 06:22 PM   #74
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

Hey El!

Great pics and updates, I felt like I was right there with you when the ship set sail!!!!! Looks like you guys are already having the time of your lives.
Old 11-20-2008, 08:35 PM   #75
siestakeys04
DIS Veteran

Great report!! I know you had a great time.
Aug 13-19 2006 Wilderness Lodge
July 29-Aug 1, 2009 All Star Music
siestakeys04 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: