Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-20-2008, 04:06 PM   #11
Chelley00
DIS Veteran

After lunch it was still spitting rain and really cold and windy. We decided to walk up the beach and collect shells (our bathroom is decorated in seashells) K and J are whining that they don't want to be at the beach if they can't swim, so I tell them they can hang out in the room. They have the laptop, PSP and the TV, so they are in teenage heaven.

Now here is where we realize I left an entire bag at the villa. I packed 2 smaller bags of clothes, extra swimsuits etc and we left one behind. When we went out to the beach, O was wearing R's sweatshirt, R is wearing my sweatshirt, I'm wearing K's jeans AND his sweatshirt (yep, I can wear my 15 year old sons clothes. He was not impressed )

100 times before we even reached the beach "Stay out of the water. You are dry. These are the clothes you have to wear home tonight. It's cold. Stay out of the water"

Yeah, they are 6 and 3 and it's their first time seeing the ocean. You know where this is going, don't you?

Now we're up to the knees

Then the waves get bigger, and the first one goes down

and then the other

So much for staying dry

We walk on down to fill our Subway cups full of shells, when we ran into these very nice people. When they saw our cups, they asked where we were from, and then she handed us this amazingly huge seashell she had found down the beach. She said they live in FL and find shells all the time, so they didn't need that one. The kids were excited!

Down the beach the kids decide they are cold. Really really cold

We walked back, with 2 crying kids and took them to get them dried off. I ran back out to the beach to catch a picture of the Wonder going off to sea.

I think this is when it really hit me how much crap had happened over the span of our vacation. I was tired and grumpy and I just had a good cry. I kept thinking of all those people on the Wonder that were so excited that their trip was starting and they were going to have this amazing time, and I had been knee deep in vomit, diarrhea, first aid trips, missed appts, car accidents, lost tickets, rude people and on and on and one. It was awhile before I could head back to the room because I didn't want the kids to know how really bad I felt that their vacation had been so cruddy. Yes, I know that it could have been so much worse, but we only get to vacation every other year and I had been planning and saving for 2 years and it just sucked that it had gone so wrong. I needed the pity party

David took the kids clothes to the dryer while I was gone so they could have something dry to wear home. It didn't even dawn on me that there would be a washer/dryer there! I was afraid the kids were going home in their underwear since everything was wet!

Loaded up, checked out and drove the hour back to Orlando to the house. It really freaked the hotel people out that we were leaving so soon!

Stopped at the worst Taco Bell ever to bring home dinner. We went through drive through and it took forever, and when we counted, we were missing 3 things. DH went back in and finally came back out, saying people were in there yelling, and calling customer service because no one had their food. People who had already paid were leaving without getting their money back because it was so slow. We counted our 3 things as loss and went back to the villa. I tried calling the next day, but all I got was an answering machine, everytime

Apparently, ocean air makes you really tired. O doesn't nap, and rarely falls asleep somewhere other than bed (and sometimes carseat) so if he curls up on the dining room table chair, you know he's beat!

When I put R to bed that night, she said "I know it was cold, but I loved the ocean today. It's so big!". She had no idea who much that helped!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: