Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2008, 02:59 PM   #46
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camster0307 View Post
I'd like the identities of all the DISers in that picture, please!
You beat me to it.....
Old 11-19-2008, 03:02 PM   #47
Camster0307
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerKat View Post
You beat me to it.....
Great minds think alike!
Camster0307 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-19-2008, 03:39 PM   #48
wuv tigger
I just want us to all be well
Owned lime green t-shirts BEFORE she found disboards
Dan Murphy's NOT Santa? I'm shocked!...

wuv tigger & princessdadx2 w/ the girls are

in front wearing the lime green shirts
wuv tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 05:21 PM   #49
mindelmouse
Rabid Disnoid's Spouse

Ellen

Great Trip report...i feel like i'm reliving the experience. I'm on the other side of stairs from you.....about the same step as Jenny2

many WDW trips before 1998
WDW - Oct 2000 - offsite, WDW August 2002 - All star music resort, ,WDW Port Orleans, WDW May 2006 Old Key West, WDW Nov 2007 offsite, DCL Magic 11/1/08, MNSSHP 10/31/09, DCL Magic in the Med 8/18/2010, Wonder to Alaska 8/23/2011, NYC to nowhere 6/15/2012, NYC to Bahamas 8/25/2012, 9/30/2012 Dream Cruise, Magic to Greece 6/15/2013, Disneyland Nov 2013, Fantasy Eastern Caribbean 8/23/2014
mindelmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 07:45 PM   #50
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindelmouse View Post
Great Trip report...i feel like i'm reliving the experience. I'm on the other side of stairs from you.....about the same step as Jenny2
Mindy, weren't you and your husband at the post office on CC when I was, waiting for stamps? With Brent (who looked strangely familiar.....) calling for a postman?
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 07:56 PM   #51
alan_renfroe
DIS Veteran

Awesome updates and pictures, Ellen! The Renfroes are totally living vicariously through your family at this point. Can't wait for the next installment!

(By the way, we officially booked our May trip today! We're excited!)

1200 pics, 1100 miles, 15 deluxe dining meals, 7 days, 6 nights, 1 great time at POR May 29-June 5, 2014 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3289594

Past trip reports:
Team Renfroe's 2nd Trip Report, May 15-22, 2009 - 1500 pictures, dining reviews and DISmeets! - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2187084
Pre-Trip Report for May, 2009 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1884986
First trip report with TONS of pics - May, 2008 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1841491
alan_renfroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 08:31 PM   #52
karajeboo
DISmom by land and by sea!

I think my husband would blow a gasket if I told him I booked us for a big DIS meet! He rolled his eyes enough when I met up with Cammie last weekend! BTW, Cammie, he thinks you're "normal" so you're okay in his book!

I'm not so patiently waiting!!!!! I need this TR to convince my husband we need to try DCL!!! Jeff has learned to trust the DIS so I tell him about all the TRs I read. So then when I'm taking pics of food and such, and writing my own TRs, he understands that I'm giving back, since I've gotten so much info from reading others'!

Check out my TRs: DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits..... May, 2011
The McSparklesons are BACK! And they are CRUISIN! March, 2011
DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,
Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen May, 2009, DISmoms Gone WILD!!!! , May, 2009
A Joint TR with "podsnel" and "Camster0307"

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
karajeboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 09:21 PM   #53
mindelmouse
Rabid Disnoid's Spouse

Nope - not me

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
Mindy, weren't you and your husband at the post office on CC when I was, waiting for stamps? With Brent (who looked strangely familiar.....) calling for a postman?
My hubby is not in the group picture..he was picking up my son at the arcade. We didn't see Brent at all on CC. As soon as I figure out how to post my pictures.....I had a tee shirt on that said making magical memories and mickey stick figures of my family and our friends

WDW - Oct 2000 - offsite, WDW August 2002 - All star music resort, ,WDW Port Orleans, WDW May 2006 Old Key West, WDW Nov 2007 offsite, DCL Magic 11/1/08, MNSSHP 10/31/09, DCL Magic in the Med 8/18/2010, Wonder to Alaska 8/23/2011, NYC to nowhere 6/15/2012, NYC to Bahamas 8/25/2012, 9/30/2012 Dream Cruise, Magic to Greece 6/15/2013, Disneyland Nov 2013, Fantasy Eastern Caribbean 8/23/2014
Old 11-20-2008, 07:12 AM   #54
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan_renfroe View Post
Awesome updates and pictures, Ellen! The Renfroes are totally living vicariously through your family at this point. Can't wait for the next installment!

(By the way, we officially booked our May trip today! We're excited!)
So what are your May dates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by karajeboo View Post
I think my husband would blow a gasket if I told him I booked us for a big DIS meet! He rolled his eyes enough when I met up with Cammie last weekend! BTW, Cammie, he thinks you're "normal" so you're okay in his book!

I'm not so patiently waiting!!!!! I need this TR to convince my husband we need to try DCL!!! Jeff has learned to trust the DIS so I tell him about all the TRs I read. So then when I'm taking pics of food and such, and writing my own TRs, he understands that I'm giving back, since I've gotten so much info from reading others'!
Hey- I'm normal, too!!! I'll do my best to convince him- if you would meet me in May at WDW, I could convince him in person- THAT would be even better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindelmouse View Post
My hubby is not in the group picture..he was picking up my son at the arcade. We didn't see Brent at all on CC. As soon as I figure out how to post my pictures.....I had a tee shirt on that said making magical memories and mickey stick figures of my family and our friends
So are you on the other side of Mickey?
Old 11-20-2008, 08:03 AM   #55
mindelmouse
Rabid Disnoid's Spouse

Yes

So are you on the other side of Mickey?[/QUOTE]

I towards the top row...have a white t shirt with the design enclosed in a red box.

Old 11-20-2008, 08:27 AM   #56
podsnel

Sailaway!!!

We dumped the life vests back in the cabin and high tailed it up to deck 9 for the Sailaway party. We got there so quickly, there were only maybe 2 other families up there yet. EXCELLENT!!! Or so I think. The men have another agenda entirely different from mine, which does not involve singing and dancing an inch away from the stage and Mickey Mouse. They preferred to spend time with Mickey another way-

I mean, can you blame them? No one was there!

Like a Mickey ear hot tub- hmmmm....I wonder what makes the water so warm in that Mickey ear?

Well, that's all well and good, but I know where I need to be- so DH stays with them and his new cruise buddy, the big refillable beer mug. As a side note, I would just like to say, I had mentioned this mug to DH about 9 months ago. This is the big mug you purchase and they refill it throughout the cruise at the price of a little beer. His response to this great revelation was, "I don't care. I don't drink that much beer." So guess what he bought for himself as soon as he was on his own for 2 minutes? Apparently, he DOES drink that much beer. I'm just sayin...

Anyway, then I go to our first Sailaway....alone. Aww....get over it! I did! Especially because some woman stood next to me and danced, so I didn't feel silly jumping up and down by myself.

But now- no more stagefront. I was up on Deck 10- but that's ok, Deck 10 has a great view!

And the horn blows, and I tear up, because I can't believe it's finally here, after years of wanting to come, we're on the Magic, and the streamers fly....

...and it is the most awesome thing ever. We set sail! Bye-bye, Cape Canaveral-

I return to the Mickey pool, and the family is nowhere to be found. So I check in the cabin, and there they are- and we are all ready for some action! I throw a few more magnets on my door- and don'tcha know, I can't even take a photo that shows the whole door because my magnets went all the way to the floor-

I meant to take a better pic later, really I did, but I don't think I ever got around to it- sorry! Anyway, the boys wanted to see what those clubs were all about, so DS11 went to his, and we signed in DS9 in his, and then DH & I went in search of something to keep me awake at Cove Cafe-

We were just in time for some little snacks they put out, so we took my Keuko (I think) coffee and snacks outside to those comfy chairs and watched as the world and all its responsibilities faded away...

DH & I did a little exploring, checking out Beat Street-

-where we would spend LOTS of time in the next week at all the bars (or as DS9 said, the grown-up clubs). Then a peek at Studio Sea-

Then we get everyone back to the cabin to get ready for our first dinner which is going to be at Lumiere's!
Old 11-20-2008, 08:43 AM   #57
Camster0307
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by karajeboo View Post
Fooled another one!
Camster0307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 08:45 AM   #58
podsnel

Oops! I forgot to post this!

And I would never want to forget this, it was sooo sweet!

After the Dismeet, WuvTigger said she had a little something for me to say thanks for organizing the FE exchange. I went to her cabin, and she gave me the cutest Tinkerbell memo board!! How sweet is that? Thanks, Judy- we left messages for each other all week on that board!
Old 11-20-2008, 10:56 AM   #59
wuv tigger
I just want us to all be well
Owned lime green t-shirts BEFORE she found disboards
Dan Murphy's NOT Santa? I'm shocked!...

Ellen:

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
And I would never want to forget this, it was sooo sweet!

After the Dismeet, WuvTigger said she had a little something for me to say thanks for organizing the FE exchange. I went to her cabin, and she gave me the cutest Tinkerbell memo board!! How sweet is that? Thanks, Judy- we left messages for each other all week on that board!
You are SO welcome! Dh picked it up & I thought of you the 1st time I saw it!

wuv tigger
wuv tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 11:06 AM   #60
UGAFan0829
DIS Veteran

Hi, Ellen!
I came over to the trip report board looking for a report on the Western Caribbean, and I foud yours, and I am so glad I did! My DH and I doing the Western next September to celebrate our 10th anniversary, so I wanted to read about other DIS'ers experiences.
I am LOVING your report so far! Just like you, I love food and pics, so your report is right up my alley!
I cannot wait to read more! Thanks so much for posting!
UGAFan0829 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: