Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2008, 06:15 AM   #31
karajeboo
DISmom by land and by sea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camster0307 View Post
I had asked a CM about seeing all the dwarfs; he said they are usually only out all together during the MNSSHP. Although, I definitley remember seeing them late one night during a MVMCP. Go figure!
What are dwarfs? I'm talking about the DORFS! You know, the little guys with Snow White?

Check out my TRs: DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits..... May, 2011
The McSparklesons are BACK! And they are CRUISIN! March, 2011
DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,
Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen May, 2009, DISmoms Gone WILD!!!! , May, 2009
A Joint TR with "podsnel" and "Camster0307"

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
karajeboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 06:44 AM   #32
E&BMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
WOW- a B2B!!! I was telling my kids that there are people who are fortunate enough to do this, and they think you must be the luckiest people in the world (so do I!). Which 2 did you do? Have a wonderful vacation!!
We did a 4 day and then 3day on the Wonder. The 4 day was a Double dip so we got to go to CC 3 times!! It was great. We did it that way because we really wanted to do a 7 day but the magic was in California and we didn't want to go there. I wish we could do B2B on the magic someday. Now to get the money and the time!!!

1972, WDW/Contemporary; 1990, WDW/Offsite; 2000, March/WDW/Caribbean Beach; 2002, Jul/WDW/Caribbean Beach; 2003, Nov/Disney Wonder & WDW/Caribbean Beach; 2004, Nov/WDW/Port Orleans French Quarter;2005, March/Disney Magic, Western; 2005, October/ WDW/Beach Club; 2006, Jun/WDW/POFQ and Disney Magic Eastern;2006,Dec./WDW/POFQ, Christmas; DL/DLH Apr 2007;2008, Jun WDW/POFQ and DCL/WONDER double dip and B2B ; 2008, Nov,WDW/Poly Thanksgiving 2008,Jun 2009 WDW/AKL,Dec 2009 Christmas at WDW/Poly and 2009-2010 NYE DCL Magic, Spring Break at BC 2010, May 2010 GF ,Thanksgiving 2010 POFQ, March 2011 BC CL, May 2011 BWI, DCL Dream Thanksgiving 2011, June 2012 AKL, Nov 2012 BW, March 2013 BC
E&BMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-19-2008, 07:58 AM   #33
jblb1020
Mouseketeer

O.K. I am signing on! Great Trip report and I LOVE the pictures! Sorry we missed you guys on the ship! I think I saw you and your husband walk by us by the pool and you where wearing tye-dye shirts. I can't believe the Election Day Castaways vacation is over!
jblb1020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 08:31 AM   #34
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2PrincessesLinSy View Post
Looks like you all had a blast!! Isn't AKV so nice to come 'home' to? When we stayed there, however, we were way at the end of a really long hallway, furthest from the buses! It seemed to take forever to finally get back to our room!!

Great pics, hon. You all look really happy
We were very, very happy. Then we came home and were very, very sad! But my friend Cammie had just started her trip, so everyday she would TM me a photo or note from WDW, and it REALLY helped me ease out of awesome vacay mode!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerKat View Post
I'm here! I so enjoyed meeting you and especially our phone conversation that night. Loving your TR so far!!!!!

Check out my new ticker, we've got a HUGE DIS group going, come along!!!!
Hi Kathy! Loved meeting you, too, and thanks for keeping me company on the phone that night! DH was watching the game in the other room, you were GREAT company!

We are going to be down there right after your trip and (hopefully) right before- I'll keep you posted, sounds like fun!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karajeboo View Post
Hey Ellen! Great start - looking foward to following along. I've almost convince my DH to try HHIR, so maybe this will help me convince him to try DCL!

I so wish I could've met up with y'all last weekend! I was one weekend behind you!

As for the head tilt, that is hysterical! But y'all looked great in your sports costumes!
Well, I hope if I helped to convince him about HHI, I can convince him about the cruise, too! My biggest regret @ the cruise is that we missed all those years while they were little- it's sooooo incredible for the older ones, but it's total MAGIC for the little ones!!

And I really wish I had been there to meet youse guys - loved that pic Cammie sent, wish I could've jumped through my phone!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan_renfroe View Post
Hey Ellen! I found your TR and it is wonderful!!! Your stories and pictures were very entertaining - now I can't wait to read the rest of the report!

Great job...keep up the good work....and keep those food pics coming!
Hi Alan!! I'm so glad you're here, after I shamelessly plugged my TR on another TR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Subbing in Ellen, I'll be back to read! I'm excited to see your trip!
Yay! Come back soon!

Quote:
And I can't believe you sall ALL the "dorfs" (as Ally calls them!). That would knock out another 6 pages from her autograph book. Someday, I hope!
If I had girls....but the men in my life looked at me like I was crazy when I said let's wait on line for Snow White & the Magnificent 7! Cindy's step family was out, too, later with NO LINE- but DS11 would NOT go for it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by E&BMom View Post
We did a 4 day and then 3day on the Wonder. The 4 day was a Double dip so we got to go to CC 3 times!! It was great. We did it that way because we really wanted to do a 7 day but the magic was in California and we didn't want to go there. I wish we could do B2B on the magic someday. Now to get the money and the time!!!
3x at CC? THAT is an AWESOME itinerary!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblb1020 View Post
O.K. I am signing on! Great Trip report and I LOVE the pictures! Sorry we missed you guys on the ship! I think I saw you and your husband walk by us by the pool and you where wearing tye-dye shirts. I can't believe the Election Day Castaways vacation is over!
I was SO SAD not to meet you!!! I WILL be looking to hook up with you next time I'm in LBI, though... thanks for reading along!

OK- I have time for a short post...
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 09:17 AM   #35
podsnel

The Big Day Arrives!!!!!

Saturday, November 1st, 2008- the day we had been dreaming of, was finally here!! I JUMPED out of bed (this is what I do on vacation- it is the exact opposite of what I do in my regular life) and ran to the balcony to check out the animals.I could see some in the distance, but not terribly close, so I went downstairs to the Mara to fill my mug and get breakfast for my group. On the way back to the room, I met my first Election Day Castaway, Jenny2- who ironically would be the EDC I would see the most of all week long! We recognized each other because (and I don't know if you noticed in my previous pics) Stampinshauna on our meet thread had made all of us lime green wristbands which were awesome! Anyway, back at the room, we ate watching the animals (which I don't think ever grows old!) and I repacked- we were leaving 2 suitcases at AKV while we were away on the cruise, and they would be delivered to BWV for our night there afterwards. Great idea, and it worked beautifully- thanks JBLB1020 for mentioning it on our thread! Fortunately, I had tried to keep all the WDW wear and cruisewear separate, so it wasn't THAT hard...but then there was THIS mountain in our room we were not sure how to handle-

OMG- did we get enough candy??????? We split the chocolate from the sugar stuff, and I left the sugar stuff with the checked BW luggage (and then gave it away to housekeeping....SHHHHHHHH!).

11 am was here, and the boys went down to wait for the limo, while I did some fast shopping for pins and q-tips (isn't that what YOU buy before your 1st cruise??). They actually ran into good friends from S Plains while they were waiting in the Port Cochere- how funny!! And then....here comes our Limo!

We used Sterling Limo, they were prompt, had a great price, the car was gorgeous, and we stopped for a case of water and wine and vodka on the trip to the port. We got to watch The Incredibles on all 3 flat screen tv's on the way there-

And we popped the champagne and water bottles they provided to toast our voyage!

Soon we saw the most beautiful sight of all...

The boys were stunned and in awe of her size- I don't think they had any idea just how big this cruise ship would be until right then and there!!

I had really worried about what time to get picked up- and I have to say, this seemed to be just right. We were at the port at about 12:45, and had the place almost entirely to ourselves- very small line for checking the kids into the clubs, that was it.

By 1:15, they were announcing our family to thunderous applause and we were on board the Magic!!! The fun had finally begun!!
Old 11-19-2008, 09:23 AM   #36
karajeboo

OMG! I can hardly wait for more!!! We live so close to the port, plus we have a Carnival cruise that leaves from right here in Jacksonville, but I'm so "afraid" to cruise! A) Will I freak out being in the middle of the ocean? and B) Will I feel obligated to disembark at every port, and not enjoy the ship? Seriously, I have issues with this - Jeff and I can catch a 3 night cruise right here for like $250pp and we're afraid to try it!

So hurry up and write more so I can live vicariously through YOU!

DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
Old 11-19-2008, 09:53 AM   #37
Mozart
There's one in every crowd...and it's usually me

Quote:
A) Will I freak out being in the middle of the ocean? and B) Will I feel obligated to disembark at every port, and not enjoy the ship? Seriously, I have issues with this - Jeff and I can catch a 3 night cruise right here for like $250pp and we're afraid to try it!
a) I've never seen anyone freak out because they're out in the ocean, but then again I'm sure someone has. Just remember that normally even though you can't see land, the captain positions the ship so that land is just over the horizon.
b) It sounds like you're thinking about doing a Carnival cruise. I have my own personal feelings about the wisdom of cruising on Carnival, but suffice it to say that I would not use one cruise line as representative of what all cruises are like. Just because Carnival is no good doesn't mean you wouldn't enjoy Disney.
Magic 7 Night Eastern - 11/08 - Life Stinks Season 3
Wonder 3 Night - 04/10 - Life Stinks Season 4
10th Anniversary at Victoria and Albert's

Mozart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 10:06 AM   #38
karajeboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
a) I've never seen anyone freak out because they're out in the ocean, but then again I'm sure someone has. Just remember that normally even though you can't see land, the captain positions the ship so that land is just over the horizon.
b) It sounds like you're thinking about doing a Carnival cruise. I have my own personal feelings about the wisdom of cruising on Carnival, but suffice it to say that I would not use one cruise line as representative of what all cruises are like. Just because Carnival is no good doesn't mean you wouldn't enjoy Disney.
Good advice! I have a good friend who's a TA and she said Carnival is good for first time cruisers because the ships are older and smaller (at least the ones out of Jax) so you have nothing to compare. We thought of doing it just to get a feel for the whole cruising thing. I've also been told by the same friend/TA that Carnival is second only to DCL for it's kids programs. So that was encouraging, too. And for thta cheap price (plus we see deals offered on TV all the time for even cheaper rates!) we could maybe give it a go.

Old 11-19-2008, 12:44 PM   #39
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

Hey neighbor!! I am a self-proclaimed trip report lurker! I read them and read them and never respond. But since you are my neighbor AND since I will be taking the Western Cruise (my first cruise ever) in less than 8 months now AND since I might want someone to repsond to MY trip report if I do one........

I just wanted to say I love the report so far! I can't wait to read more about the cruise!
NikkiLovesWDW! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 12:53 PM   #40
podsnel

Quote:
Good advice! I have a good friend who's a TA and she said Carnival is good for first time cruisers because the ships are older and smaller (at least the ones out of Jax) so you have nothing to compare. We thought of doing it just to get a feel for the whole cruising thing. I've also been told by the same friend/TA that Carnival is second only to DCL for it's kids programs. So that was encouraging, too. And for thta cheap price (plus we see deals offered on TV all the time for even cheaper rates!) we could maybe give it a go.
I had been on 3 quick cruises prior to this one; Royal C to Bahamas, Celebrity to the Bahamas (out of Jacksonville with DH! We stayed at Amelia Island Plantation the night before- GORGEOUS!!!), and Norwegian Dawn to the land of drunken stupors and king size hangovers (but it was fun!). Those short cruises were a good way to figure out if cruising was for us or not- you should check out a fast one if you're that hesitant. But 7 days on DCL? It was total heaven. We could have stayed another week, easily. It was soooo much better in so many ways than those other 3 lines. And you, being a Disney addict, would love it even more! So go ahead and get that quick little cruise out of the way soon, and then book on the Oct 30, 2010 Western DCL because we'll be on it!

And Mozart- I heard you were in DTD right before we were! I'm so sorry I missed you- I had a page saved in my autograph book and everything!!
Old 11-19-2008, 01:01 PM   #41
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
Hey neighbor!! I am a self-proclaimed trip report lurker! I read them and read them and never respond. But since you are my neighbor AND since I will be taking the Western Cruise (my first cruise ever) in less than 8 months now AND since I might want someone to repsond to MY trip report if I do one........

I just wanted to say I love the report so far! I can't wait to read more about the cruise!

Hi Nikki! Enjoying the half day? I'm so glad you're reading!! And I promise to read your TR- I can't wait to relive the Magic!!!
Old 11-19-2008, 01:29 PM   #42
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

Hi! I have been reading your TR and enjoying it a great deal. We got off the ship on Nov 1st and reading your report is taking me back. Thanks for the MNSSHP report. We weren't able to go this year, so I lived it through you and your pictures. We just weren't able to swing it this year. It is one of our family's favorite times to be there. We were happy to be able to spend one day at EPCOT with friends for the Wine & Food Festival. We had such fun.

Anyways, keep posting with your wonderful pictures. I love seeing them!!!!!
Old 11-19-2008, 02:14 PM   #43
Camster0307
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
We were very, very happy. Then we came home and were very, very sad! But my friend Cammie had just started her trip, so everyday she would TM me a photo or note from WDW, and it REALLY helped me ease out of awesome vacay mode!
Happy to oblige!

I was afraid I might be bugging you with my endless texts - glad to hear it was the exact opposite. Feel free to do the same to me the next time you're down there!
Camster0307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 02:16 PM   #44
podsnel

We're onboard!

So at 1:15 we were only 15 minutes away from being able to get into our cabin. We had checked most everything, including the case of water we bought for $4 on the way to port, so carrying the carry-on and a couple of wine bags was no big deal. We went up to Topsiders, and hit the buffet-

Looking for a table out on deck, we met boyspapa and DW who were just leaving, so we were able to have their table. Thanks, Carl! I was so glad to meet them, because we had some plans together on this cruise- we would be having brunch at Palo together and swimming with the dolphins in Cozumel together.

We were all anxious to see our cabin, so that's where we went next. And I started to worry about the box I had shipped down a couple of weeks before- what if it's not there? Here we are, cabin#7076-

But, of course, I had worried for nothing, because there was the box, right on our bed. Everyone was happy about the cabin- DS9 kept on closing the curtain all week saying "You go in your room, we'll go in our room!". DH was impressed by the size of the cabin, too- it was bigger than others we have been in in the past. And that split bathroom was a really nice feature! As well as those nice size Spa products on the shelf-

And look at all the cool free stuff everyone gets on a Disney Cruise!!! Korbel champagne-

White chocolate champagne glasses (which the DSs immediately chowed down), a DCL wine bucket and 2 DCL spa robes-

Ok- I have a little secret to tell you- not everyone gets this for free on DCL. Sorry for the tease. But my DH doesn't know that. He to this day believes that this is just how nice it is on a Disney Cruise. But really? I got the REAS . Because it's my 1st Disney Cruise. And I'm a foodie. And I really wanted to go to Palo. All three times to Palo, for brunch, tea and dinner. And a first time cruiser books Palo 75 days out. After all the repeat cruisers booked at 90 days out. And they booked after the lucky cruisers who were in suites booked at 105 days out....along with me, and whoever else booked the REAS. I know, it's somewhat deceptive. But I had some cash leftover from a girls trip I had been on, so I figured, why not? I actually got a debit card to book it with so it wouldn't be on our Disney Visa, where my CPA-bill-paying DH would have seen it. And I can PROMISE you, he enjoyed it. So it's a win/win, right? Look, just be glad I use my evil deceptiveness for the good and not the bad!

While they ate the chocolate, I ripped open my box and hung up my FE (thanks, Tiffany!) and decorated my door.

More door later. We had some time before our Dismeet, so we thought we could go see where the boys clubs were. DS9 was in Ocean Lab-

And DS11 was in Ocean Quest

I have to be honest, DH and I were a little concerned after seeing so much stuff in Ocean Lab that DS11 was going to be bored in OQ...it was just smaller in there. Oh man, were we WAAAAAYYYYY off on that one- DS11 had the time of his life in OQ! As a matter of fact, this was the only visit to either club that the boys left quickly from- the rest of the week, we could barely get them outta there!

By now it was 3:00, and that meant we had to get to the Promenade Lounge for the Dismeet!! I couldn't wait to meet all the people from our thread who I had been getting psyched with for nearly a year. It all happened so fast, before I knew it we were up on the steps for a big picture-

I would just like to point out, standing right behind my left shoulder is....Jenny2!

Back to the cabin and our luggage had arrived, I had a little time before the Muster Drill to do some unpacking-

Hey look! We're right next to LBIgirl67!

Time to get to the Sailaway Party!!! But exactly who wants to go?
Old 11-19-2008, 02:21 PM   #45
Camster0307
DIS Veteran

I'd like the identities of all the DISers in that picture, please!
Camster0307 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: