Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-18-2008, 06:06 PM   #11
Chelley00
DIS Veteran

Wednesday October 29. It has to be better than yesterday, right?

Everyone was complaining about having to get up early every morning. "but, it's vacation". That's great, but if we don't get there early, you aren't going to get to ride anything. You need to make a decision. And they decided to take their chances and sleep in today. Fine. Especially since it was a balmy 40 some degrees when I woke up. I cuddled back up under the comforter (it's Florida ) and slept a little while longer.

We slept in, got out the door and back to DHS to do what we missed the day before (mostly shows). We got there at 10:15. The line to security was extra long. The security guard checking bags asked someone "Is there anyone left in the UK or are you all here?" He was laughing that we were the only people from the US he had seen that day

and by the way, Still cold!

I have to post this picture. O LOVED doing the ticket thing everyday.

First stop today, J heads out to get fastpasses for TSM if there are any left. There are, but our return time is 3:05. Ouch,

Next up Beauty and the Beast. The little kids always love the show. J of course, was itching to run, so we let him off to ride RNR and TOT.

Next, quick ride on Tower of Terror. O refuses to go, so we switch off, however, since he was tall enough to ride, the guy told us to switch off inside. We went in and asked someone and they told us we switch off before we ride. I wasn't thinking and we went in for the movie part, and that set O off because he heard his dreaded "shshhheheeee" part. Then he had to stand in line thinking he was going to have to ride. DH told me to go first, and I guess O really freaked out when they took him down the elevator to wait on us. I really should have pushed more to switch off

Then when I got out, DH and O were waiting on us, and no one had said anything to him about where to go or what to do. He was going to let it go and just leave, but I went back up to the lady, and she apologized saying it was her fault, took DH and the older ones right back up and put them on the next car, in the front row.

Next, walk all the way across the park to catch the Indiana Jones show. We had to sit and wait 25 minutes for this show. Glad I had packed granola bars to snack on. We were sitting by all kinds of people from the Midwest, so that was fun. We were comparing weather

O was not a fan of the show. A little too loud for him.

Then we hiked to the back of the park, with EVERYONE else, to watch Lights Motors Action. Holy cow. It was so packed it took us forever to even get in there, and then we couldn't find seats together. Finally a cast member waved us back up near the front to a wheelchair accessible seat close to the front since it wasn't being used. Sometimes being late is not a bad thing

It took forever to get out of there with so many people filing out at once. We waited a few minutes for the crowds to die down (stopping to get our picture taken at the city scene) then went to Pizza Planet for lunch. This shot my "eat at a different counter service restaurant this trip" since we had eaten there the last time, but the kids love it and we actually got through the line pretty quickly.

DH went to take money out of the ATM to let the kids play a couple of games in the arcade while I stood in line to order, and it said that access to his card had been blocked. The stupid bank shut off his card because he had been using it in Florida. It took a 30 minute after lunch phone call to get it turned back on and convince them he was really him. Never mind my card connects to the same account, was being used more than his in Florida, and they didn't touch mine?

This is the first time I heard my husband say "Yep, worst vacation ever" and laugh. I had been saying it almost daily

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: