Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2008, 09:35 PM   #61
mybabesuz
DIS Veteran

But... but... now I'm gonna have nightmares about that scream...
I can hear it... Thanks...
Old 11-17-2008, 10:32 PM   #62
nat1234
Mouseketeer

Oh no, what happened? It sounded like it was going so well.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-17-2008, 10:45 PM   #63
addictedtothemouse
DIS Veteran

Oh no! Not a sound you ever want to hear.
Old 11-18-2008, 08:48 AM   #64
msreneau
Work like you don't need the money, dance like no one is watching and love like you've never been hurt!

Don't leave us hanging!
Old 11-18-2008, 09:40 AM   #65
MEK
DIS Veteran

I love your frequent updates, but don't leave us hanging now

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 11-18-2008, 10:04 AM   #66
joyfulscrapper
Mouseketeer

I've heard that same kind of scream way too many times from my DD who is only a little older than O... I hope he's all better now and it wasn't too serious. The last time I heard it from DD she had fallen off the swing and broken her arm... 36 hours before we needed to leave for a vacation in the Outer Banks. I can't imagine having it happen while on vacation and away from familiar doctors and hospitals.

The cliffhanger is killing me...!

Old 11-18-2008, 12:20 PM   #67
Erin1700
At least I am bragging about using soap!

That is not funny to leave us all hanging! I am going to guess he bit his tongue eating the candy and you couldn't get it to stop bleeding or he got some part of him caught in the stroller???
Old 11-18-2008, 12:24 PM   #68
Buckeye Princess
DIS Veteran

I just started reading your trip report and can't wait for the next installment. I hope O was ok!!
Old 11-18-2008, 12:49 PM   #69
goofyboyzmom
DIS Veteran

Oh, come on............................
November/December 2004 - 1 Night All-Sports/7-Day Disney Magic/3-Nights Dixie Landings
October 2005 - 1st Stay at Saratoga Springs as DVC Members
November 2006 - Saratoga Springs for Thanksgiving!!!
November/December 2007 - Saratoga Springs
April 2008 - Port Orleans-Riverside
November/December 2009 - Saratoga Springs
November 2011 - Saratoga Springs
November/December 2013 - Saratoga Springs

Me DH DS DS DS Ranger

Old 11-18-2008, 01:29 PM   #70
Pinkpony
Mouseketeer

Old 11-18-2008, 02:41 PM   #71
Chelley00
DIS Veteran

Okay, so totally not fair to leave your hanging, but I had a kid needing help with homework, then I went to bed, and that pesky thing called a job got in the way this morning. But, it was fun to read all the responses today when I logged in

When we left off, we were leaving DHS, and O (DS3) is screaming "The Scream".

Apparently he was looking at the tube of powdered candy, the cap opened and poured in his eye. The whole entire tube.

I grab him and pull him out of the stroller and off to the side and ask DH to give me bottled water from the bottom of the stroller. He says he can't find any, some guy is offering me his, which is nice, but it was open and I didn't want his germs in my son's eye. Eww. However, if you are reading, thank you. It was anice thought!

I say we have some, DH says no, I say yes we do (I packed them this morning which is why we're missing the Passporter pocket, remember?) DH is still saying no, I'm saying yes, and he throws an empty bottle at my head.

My husband = not so good under pressure.

(sorry, hon. You're not )

I yank the stroller to me, get in the basket and find not one, not 2 but THREE bottles of water (told you we had water!) and start pouring one in O's face. He's a mess, we both have blue candy water everywhere.

Remember the $35 sweatshirt from MNSSHP night? Ruined

I grab O and head to the front where a CM finally spots a screaming O and steers us to first aid. The girls in there were lovely. Rinsed his eye out for along time, then gave me the rinse so I could pin him down and do it more while she ran off for ice. By this time O's eye is swollen practically shut and he's a wreck from crying so hard, and his whole face is stained blue (so am I). There is some talk of him possibly rubbing his eye and scratching something, but once he calms down, we made him read some letters off a poster and he did just fine.

They finally deem us okay to go, gave us extra packets of eye wash to use later, and we head out, stopping to take some pictures for prosperity sake. (or for the scrapbook)

See the blue stain on his sleeve

By the time we get through the gates, off the tram and into the van, O's eye is still swollen, he's sniffling and whining that he's hungry. Plus, he's traumatized.

"I wanna go home"

"We're going, baby"

"No, not our new home. Our old home. Super far away"

As far as O is concerned vacation is over. And honestly, I was tired. I was crabby. And I could have packed up and left FL at this point too. I was so afraid it was just going to get worse from here. (unfortunately, I was kinda right) but I'm a trooper, I'm a mom, and we're going to stick with it.

We need something fun. We need to snap O out of his funk. We need food.

Fortunately for the kids, I know exactly where we're going for dinner tonight.
Old 11-18-2008, 02:45 PM   #72
lisalonglash
I have a thing for actors nobody else thinks are yummalicious

Awww, poor little dude (and poor Mommy too!). I'm glad it ended well, but it sounds like you were a lot calmer than I would've been if one of my boys had done that!

Loving reading your TR - you're a great writer
Me and dh Ds#1(14yo) Ds#2(11yo)

September 2013 - Disney World w/FD (POFQ)
September 2009 - Disney World w/FD(ASMu)
October 2008 - Disney World (ASSp)
May 2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris (off-site in Paris)
Old 11-18-2008, 02:54 PM   #73
kaysmommie
DIS Veteran

Awww your poor DS. That is so terrible. Well I have been reading your trippie but haven't commented until now. Sorry your trip was far from perfect, I know how you feel though as my DS4 was sick on our october trip and we seemed to be a magnet for rude people too. The Parade crashers are the worst though followed by the drunks at F&W. It's like they forgot they are at a family park not a nightclub. candy and eyes just don't agree with each other . My DS sprayed DD's sour candy spray into his eye while we were driving in the car 2 months ago. DH and I were yelling at each and we had to stop at a publc restroom to rinse his almost closed eye. It was awful. Looking forward to more and hoping your little boy's eye feels better soon.

Nichole
Old 11-18-2008, 03:17 PM   #74
Chelley00
DIS Veteran

I had been stalking the Disboards for months waiting for news and finally it came.

T-Rex Cafe was opening before our trip!

If you read my intro, you know O is a dinosaur fiend. He knows all their names, if they eat meat or plants, weird little trivia facts. His favorite book is this dinosaur sticker book, that we have to read every night before bed. It has 100's of dinos in it with their names and fun facts about them.

If you ask him what he wants to be when he grows up, he says a "Dinodaur digger"

T-Rex Cafe was a must. I wasn't quite sure when we'd go, and actually thought we might wait until K flew in so he could go with us, but somewhere between freezing all day, lost tickets and a pound of powdered sour candy poured in an eye, I realized tonight should be the night.

I was concerned about getting there at 5:30-6:00 and that we'd have to wait forever, especially the way our day was going. Lucky for us, if we would sit in the water room, they could seat us ASAP.

We got very lucky, because by 6:15-6:30 the wait was up to 45 minutes!

The t-rex at the entrance. He roars about every 20 minutes. First time it did it we were in line and Owen about fell down, and shoved us all out of the way to watch it. I don't think he took his eyes off of it our entire meal!

This was the view above us

Straight across was the volcano room. The volcano erupts every 20 minutes and there is a meteor shower of lights on the ceiling. It's very loud. VERY.

Just as an FYI, it took awhile for our waitress to come take our drink orders, but after that, she was very quick about coming back. I've heard the service can be slow, but after the initial wait, we found we didn't wait long for anything.

We let the kids all order their drinks in the special flashing cups

When I say kids, I mean all the kids

I had the best drink - Tropical Cottontini. They take a wad of cotton candy, stick it in the glass, then bring a shaker of spiked tropical punch and pour it on the candy to sweeten the punch. OMG it was so good. And I got to keep the shaker (actually, our waitress bought a clean shaker and told me I could take the dirty one home too if I wanted, so we ended up with 2. O uses them as cups!). After the day we'd had, that drink was much much needed

After we ordered dinner, the waitress told us to take our time looking around

O was in heaven. He was mesmerized. I bet we walked for 10 minutes.

We thought the food was very good. I had mushroom ravioli and it was very yummy. J had chicken friend steak (he's a big comfort food kinda guy), DH had fried shrimp, which was good, but he was wishing he had my ravioli I cannot remember what the kids had, but they both pretty much cleaned their plates, so it must have been good.

After dinner we took O over to Build-A-Dino and of course, this is where he wanted to spend his souvenier money.

He says triceratops are his favorite, and I was so excited when I saw they had one. However, he decided on a purple t-rex, and named him Fred.

Poor Fred's roar box slipped out of his hand while they were stuffing him, so his roar box is now located on his hip somewhere. You have to squish the poor thing in half to make him roar

R took this opportunity to throw a fit. Late nights/early mornings were probably just taking their toll, but she insisted on getting a dino with her money too. She had talked for weeks about getting Minnie earrings, and now she was willing to throw it out the window for stuffed dinosaur? I finally gave in because it was her money, and we had told them they could spend it as they chose, and I know she loves stuffed animals (Her top bunk is completely full of stuffed animals) She picked out the ankylosaurus (which O says you can tell it's anklyosaurus "cuz it has a spiky tail") R's dino's name is Anna.

It took them forever to pick clothes for them, get them ready to go, do their birth certificates etc. Cheerleader costume for Anna, blue jean shorts and t-rex t-shirt for Fred. I completely forgot to take a picture of their final products!

Once we finally paid and got out of there, it was dark. Since we were in DTD, we decided to do our souvenier/Christmas shopping. My first stop was the place that had the scrapbooking stuff the last time we were there, only it was closed!!!!! That was enough to totally ruin my trip I really wanted to find a dated 2008 scrapbook pack like I bought in 2006. Nothing. I bought the one with the 4 park themed stuff at World of Disney, but it's not the same (whine over)

While at World of Disney we bought our essentials: postcard stamps, Christmas ornament, fridge magnet, t-shirt for DH and a necklace for R's friend (she had sent a giftcard with R with instructions on what she wanted) World of Disney was horrendously busy and we had to wait forever to check out. Owen was tired and crabby and out of control. I was so ready to get out of there, and was debating going home, but there were a couple of things I needed to pick up first.

Next up Once Upon A Toy. DH kept the kids occupied while I stuffed the big Potato Head containers full of parts - one for R and one for O. We bought one box full on our last trip, and the kids play with them ALL the time. I also grabbed the cutest kid themed Star Wars figures for my 1 year old nephew. My brother is a big Star Wars fan, so he'll probably like them better than my nephew!

I wanted to go to Ghiradelli so bad, especially since our MNSSHP maps had coupons, but we were all just way too stuffed from dinner.

On the way to the van we had to stop for the Lego pictures
Old 11-18-2008, 05:41 PM   #75
mom2aandj
DIS Veteran

oh yikes, that blue candy to the eye sounds awful!!!! and what a bummer about the scrapbook. But looks like a fun time at Trex.
Mar 2014
BLT: Mar 2014
CBR: Oct. 2009
Universal
PBH: Oct. 2010

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: