Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2008, 07:32 PM   #46
Stacybaeasm
DIS Veteran

Well, overall, a little bumpy but not too bad. It still sounds like good family bonding time. I can't wait to hear more.
Old 11-16-2008, 07:47 PM   #47
msreneau
Work like you don't need the money, dance like no one is watching and love like you've never been hurt!

Great update Chelley. I can't wait to hear more!! Your details are so great, I feel like I'm right there with you!
Register to remove

Old 11-16-2008, 08:41 PM   #48
princesslily
Disney finatic

more, more, more!!
Old 11-16-2008, 09:19 PM   #49
Dolce27
It's kind of hard to ride with someone when your on vacation by yourself
I knew that impulsive decision would come back to haunt me!

Excellent TR so far. I was at the MK and MNSSHP on the 26th. I was in FL for something else so I was only able to go over to WDW for the day. I'm sorry that you missed most of the fireworks - they're awesome. Honestly, only the hub in front of the castle was packed. My group of four became split up. I stood with one of my friends in front of the ice cream parlor, leaning against a trash can, without anyone next to us at all. We had an excellent view. We called our other two friends, who found spots somewhere in the packed hub, to come back with us but they refused stating that they wouldn't find us in time with the crowds. I was like - you don't understand, there aren't any crowds back here. They still refused. But I do recommend checking out that area for viewing if you go back next year. I could see everything perfectly and most people wanted to pack into the hub itself, which gave us plenty of room from our spot.
Old 11-16-2008, 09:29 PM   #50
SunnieRN
DIS Veteran

Loving your report! Looking forward to more! Your kids are cute! It sounds like a great time so far and if this is the worst vacation ever, your family is truly charmed!

Thanks eandesmom!!!
Old 11-16-2008, 11:13 PM   #51
kjh73
Mouseketeer

Can't wait for more!!!!
Old 11-17-2008, 06:52 AM   #52
Disney Fan Katt
Founding member of the Mickey Moms Club

I'm in and ready to hear more.

December 2012 Ft. Wilderness*January 19-28 CBR and AKL*January 2011 Beach Club Concierge*February 2010 Coronado Springs*November 2009 CBR*February 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge and Polynesian * April 2008 Wilderness Lodge * November 2007 Polynesian
January 2007 Wilderness Lodge * February 2004 Wilderness Lodge * April 2003 Wilderness Lodge* February 2002 Animal Kingdom Concierge * Numerous off property stays since 1976
Old 11-17-2008, 07:45 AM   #53
coteau_chick
DIS Veteran

I really enjoyed all the updates. You made me want to go for the MNSSHP. I think we would enjoy the parades.
Old 11-17-2008, 04:16 PM   #54
ArmyWife3-4
DIS Veteran

Loving your TR so far! Sounds like overall you've been having a great trip!
Many trips as a child * Honeymoon - POFQ Aug 2007 * 1st Anniversary while DH was deployed - POFQ Aug 2008 * DH's R&R trip - WL Apr 2009 * Expedition Everest Challenge with DH - Sept 26, 2009 - Beach Club * Princess Half Marathon 2010 - I DID IT! POFQ * Girls Trip August 2010 - Upgraded to AP's! - POFQ * Magical Christmas Trip with dear friends - December 2010 - WL Villas * Princess Half Marathon Feb/Mar 2011 - I DID IT - AGAIN! - AKL * Inaugural Tinkerbell Half Marathon January 2012 - Grand Californian Resort - Disneyland - Third time's a charm!* From Alaska to the mouse! - WL - Matthew's First Birthday - November 2013! * Just the girls! Pre-Christmas with the Mouse - December 7-11, 2014 - WL *

Loving life in Alaska, but we're far too far away from my favorite Mouse!

We're adopting from Ethiopia!
Old 11-17-2008, 07:12 PM   #55
Chelley00
DIS Veteran

Okay, when I last left off, we were at Epcot at the Food and Wine Festival, in America, searching for cheeseburgers. While I ordered for the kids, DH went to the stand and bought us lobster rolls and crab cakes from the Boston booth. Lobster roll = yummy

Now we get to start running into obnoxious people who obviously don't know it's supposed to be "The Happiest Place on Earth".

The America Kidcot. This lady was so boring and such a poor representation of America

On to Italy for pizza and a family picture near the fountain, Germany for beer, a quick stop to watch the trains for O, then to Australia for prawns and then on to China, where out of the corner of my eye I saw Mushu. No Mulan, which is such a bummer since R loves Mulan. She actually dressed as Mulan last year for Halloween.

As we're waiting in line, someone asked when Mulan would be out, and the guy said a few minutes. We finished up with Mushu, and out walks Mulan, so we jumped back in line again. FINALLY!!!! The photopass photographer took a great picture, which is good because mine sucks! R was elated! She got to meet Mulan!

This is when we saw the family from the Safari ride (the one who repeated everything and chatted the whole ride). These people literally took up well over 10 minutes of Mulan's time (probably more). The CM was busy trading pins with people, so he was of no help. I'm all for spending a little time with characters, but if there is a line, we move the kids through pretty quick. This lady had her daughter trying on Mulan's shoes, telling them to show Mulan her kung fu moves, rearranging them for pictures etc. My daughter was DYING to see Mulan, and we had to stand in line forever waiting while this family totally monopolized the characters. Sorry if you are Dis'er, but it was a little inconsiderate. There were tons of people in line behind us.

The Chinese Kidcot lady was FABULOUS. She asked the kids how old they were and the month they were born in, then told them the animal year they were and stamped that on their passport. She was dead on each time (we had looked while walking in the store!)

We stopped off for potstickers, then we headed to Norway, did the Kidcot (no pictures?) and then screwed around with the troll photo op

Only my class clown

We grabbed a fastpasses for Maelstrom (30 minute wait??) and then headed to Mexico and churros. While outside we saw the skywriter making a happy face. Earlier in the week we saw him writing "God Loves You".

We also go to watch them raise the bridge and bring the fireworks out for Illuminations

While in Mexico, we rode the ride inside with Donald Duck. Boring, but nice to sit.

These things are freaky

We did the Kidcot station, and the Kidcot lady rattled off in Spanish to a coworker constantly and didn't even look at the kids or anything, just scribbled in their book, did their attachment to the mask, and didn't say "Adios" or anything.

Then we sent a video postcard home to FIL, who when we called later, said he didn't open it because he thought it was junk mail since it said "From Mexico"

Once we finished with Mexico, we headed back over to ride Maelstrom, and grabbed schoolbread from Norway (Heaven on a plate). We had to go back to pick up our pearls in Japan, so we made our way back around, stopping to watch the Chinese acrobats

This is when we ran into our first drunken "Enjoyed the wine part of the festival too much" guy. We had to leave early because Owen had to go pee "super bad". As we were leaving, this guy, who was standing right in fron the of the exit making impossible for people to leave practically yells, "People should sit back down and not leave until the show is OVER". He totally smelled all over like liquor. I waited until I was past him where he couldn't hit me and said "Some people should shut up and mind their own business" and he called me a (not so nice name) very loudly, in front of my kids, other people's kids and probably his own. What a real winner.

and since it was Eat to the Beat, we got to watch Kool and the Gang!

It was really packed, so we didn't stay long. I have the best video of O dancing to Celebration!

DH and the kids stayed out to watch the Japanese drummers while I picked up our stuff

It must have been just "It's all about me day" or something. O was in his stroller in the front row of the crowd, and some guy with a video camera walked right in front of him and stood there taping. O finally piped up "Hey, I can't see!" and the guy turned around, then took a step over and stood right in front of R!!!!

It was getting REALLY crowded between the concert letting out and all the people coming to eat dinner in the World, so we headed out, so we caught the boat out of World Showcase to Future World.

First stop in Future World, Club Cool for the Beverly shot

Since the kids had been good and not whined about not getting to ride anything all day (Minus Maelstrom and the Mexico ride), and J had lost his attitude somewhere around dish #4, we took them to ride Test Track since there was little wait. O was very nervous about us dragging him on yet another big ride, but he LOVED it!

We decided we were all hungry since we really hadn't eaten, just taken bites of stuff here and there, so we headed to The Land to eat at Sunshine Seasons before we went home. I love their turkey foccacia sandwich!

We debated about staying to watch Illuminations since we had missed it last trip as well, but we were tired and O was about shot. We figured we still had one day at Epcot to see it so we bailed. Other days we got to sit down while riding something, but for the most part today, we were walking or standing. We were all just exhausted. Straight home, straight to bed.

So, minus a few rude people today, it was fun. Hang in there because tomorrow is the day it really really really starts to go downhill.

Last edited by OhMari; 11-21-2008 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Sorry, please don't filter swear words.
Old 11-17-2008, 07:41 PM   #56
addictedtothemouse
DIS Veteran

I hope it starts to go back uphill before you leave for home.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:03 PM   #57
Chelley00
DIS Veteran

October 28th. BRRRRR

Got up with the alarm at 7 so we could make rope drop. The plan today is to get fastpasses first thing for Toy Story Mania. I've been reading they are gone before noon. Flip on the TV to check the weather.

I'm sorry. What? We're in Florida and it's FOURTY FOUR DEGREES outside? It is freaking warmer in Indiana than it is in Florida!!! Orlando is setting or tying record lows for the next 3 days. You've got to be kidding me. So glad I packed a pair of jeans and a hoodie for everyone. But that's it. Last trip we packed jeans and sweatshirts and never even got them out of the suitcases.

One pair of jeans and one sweatshirt. Life is going to be very interesting (and very stinky)

We make it through security etc, and make it for rope drop. J pushes up ahead with our tickets to make a dash for Toy Story as soon as they let people go. We are back behind him since we can't get the stroller around the masses of people. We watched the opening, our first ever park opening ceremony, then followed everyone to TSM.

J was the 4th in line for the fastpass machine, only it dies. The lady working there is telling people the machine is broken and they need to get in another line, yet I hear her tell the people in front of J to stay put. I tell J is he moves I'll beat him. The CM goes to another machine, prints off a slew of fastpasses and hands them out to the 3 people in front of J. She gets to J with this little stack, asks him how many, and he shows her the 5 tickets. She had 5 tickets left in her hand. Perfect! And, since we didn't use our tickets for TSM fastpasses, we can use them for RNR fastpasses without waiting.

We're off, with the crowd for Tower of Terror and Rock N Rollercoaster.

These girls were way excited about getting their picture taken!

Fastpasses for RNR, then off to ride TOT standby with only a 5 minute wait.

By the way, did I mention is was COLD?

O was mixed about Tower of Terror. He LOVED the up and down part, but he kept saying "I didn't like the part that went shsheehhshshssh". It took us awhile to figure out he meant the part where they show the people getting hit by the lightening!

Next up, RNR for R. She has been measuring herself weekly to make sure she's still tall enough to ride it. And off she goes. I hate going upside down, so she was off with DH and J. She came off looking a little shell shocked, but she said she'd ride it again.

"How did you like RNR?"

I have pictures of both RNR and TOT, just not scanned in yet.

Time for our Toy Story fast passes. We LOVED it, but not enough to stand in line for 90 minutes to ride it!

On the way out we saw the Green Army Man

And then some lady came up to use, asked us how many people we had, we told her 5, she apologized for not having enough, and handed us 4 fastpasses for Toy Story Mania they couldn't use because they had dinner reservations at the time it was scheduled. How nice! A bit of Disney magic!

We walked over to Backlot Express. I had the grilled turkey and cheese (not horrible, but not great either) DH and J had cheeseburgers, R&O both had nuggets. Food wasn't great, but it was fun to read all the stuff they have hanging on the walls, and we could watch the Jedi training from our seat.

After lunch we headed towards the Magic of Disney Animation, where we watched the movie about making Mushu, then back to play on the games. The kids loved recording their own voices over cartoons, singing Hakuna Matata at the top of their lungs. We also saw cardboard Wall E, found the Incredibles, got our picture taken with Sorcerer Mickey, and went to the class to learn how to draw Minnie.

While waiting for the class, I went to look at the TSM fast pass times, and realized we only had 4 tickets, not 5. Somehow we had lost a ticket! No problem. Every morning I put a new Passporter pocket in our park bag, and in that pocket is a copy of our tickets.

Hmmmmm, hang on. Where's the Passporter pocket? I was making sure everyone was bundled up this morning, changed the camera batteries, packed the bottled water, and I think I may have left the Passporter pocket on the kitchen counter at the villa.

Great!

Last edited by Chelley00; 11-17-2008 at 08:11 PM.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:36 PM   #58
Chelley00
DIS Veteran

Okay, so we have lost a ticket. Not a big deal. We'll swing by Guest Services when we get closer to the front of the park. If they can't help us, we have 3 copies of the tickets back at the villa, and we'll get it replaced in the morning. I'm not going to let this get me down, this is minor.

We still have some time to kill before our TSM fastpasses, so it's off to "The Muffets" as O calls them.

Then back for ride #2 on TSM. DH tells me to ride it with the kids and he'll sit out since he gets to ride RNR and I don't.

Okay, I don't know these people, but I love how it shows how big the nightlight is.

Headed back towards the hat to be close to the front for the Block Party Bash. We still had quite a bit of time to kill, so we rode The Great Movie Ride.

The guide was great, but the cowboy that came long was pretty lame. Last trip we had a mobster and he was so much fun!

We went in front of the hat to stake our our parade spot, and everyone wanted ice cream. Too cold for ice cream for me, but everyone else got some (brrr) J didn't want to watch the parade, so we sent him off with a cell phone and he headed for RNR and TOT. A photopass photographer was taking pictures of girls with HSM pompoms and megaphone, so R went to do that.

We were disappointed with Block Party Bash. If you are sitting in just the right spot, you don't get to really see anything. We asked a CM for a good spot, and she told us a place to sit. It was okay because we could see things coming before they turned, but all we saw were the trampoline people and none of the characters until they went past. Then it stopped again, but it was already past us and they blocked off the lane right past us for the Bugs Life people. My advice is to really research a spot in the middle of the parade where it stops so your kids can see the characters and be involved in the show.

After the parade we went up to Guest Relations and had really no problem getting the missing ticket replaced. It took awhile, and R was looking at the screen, so the CM showed R what she was doing, let her push a button, then gave R a princess pin for helping.

So, new ticket safely stored away, we headed out towards RNR and TOT to find Jacob and possibly squeeze in a ride or two. We got back in line with O and he said "I said I ride one time" and I said "That's right, Bear, one more time" Since I promised to cover his ears during the "Shhshehhshe" part he said he'd ride it. J even covered his eyes, but after the ride he refused to ever ride it again. I was happy he rode it once, and can't believe he agreed to ride it twice, so we told him we were so proud of him for being so brave and he didn't have to ride it ever again.

While waiting for the rest of the gang to get off RNR, O was singing all the words to Dream On, (part of our "getting ready for Disney" music for the past couple of months!) and the CM gave him pin because she was so impressed

On our way out, J stopped and bought himself and the kids the powdered candy in tubes and I bought Mickey peanut butter cups (these things are to die for) for the girls at work.

We stopped to watch the Publix Works guys The boss actually talked to R and I caught it on video! He asked her where she was from, what grade she was in and if she wanted a job and she said yes and he said she had too much education!

As we're walking out to go to dinner, I hear this BLOOD CURDLING scream come from the stroller. It's one of those screams that mommies do not want to hear, ever. I practically jump over the stroller to grab O, and this is where we spent the next hour

Last edited by Chelley00; 11-17-2008 at 08:42 PM.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:59 PM   #59
mom2aandj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelley00 View Post
this is where we spent the next hour

oh no, again with the horrible cliffhanger!!!! Hope it all turns out okay!
Mar 2014
BLT: Mar 2014
CBR: Oct. 2009
Universal
PBH: Oct. 2010
Old 11-17-2008, 09:03 PM   #60
GBShorts
VMK Community Leader
Knows that all the boys want her

AHHHHHH Cliffhanger!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: