Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2008, 11:21 AM   #16
0rygun
Earning My Ears

Hmmm... I lost about 5 on our 7-day by being an insomniac. Since everyone else was asleep, I would wander the ship until around 3 in the morning or so. I would wander aimlessly some, but do at least 12 laps a night around deck 4. I was the fat guy in the corner eating desserts and getting bits of other entrees with mine just because I could.
0rygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 11:26 AM   #17
seadooken
Got a Caribbean Soul I can Barely Control . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavawalker View Post
I was looking through my DCL Passporter book last night and came across some info about a class the Vista Spa offers on losing weight while cruising... seriously? People lose weight on a cruise? I'm a Weight Watcher person, and I'm pretty sure it won't happen here!
seadooken is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-16-2008, 03:18 PM   #18
Olga
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeyhugger View Post
we lost weight on both of the RCCL cruises that we did because the food was soooo bad

Rob
Same goes for DCL food, it was hit and miss.
Old 11-16-2008, 04:19 PM   #19
bobbi565
DIS Veteran

DH and I cruised last May, and while we didn't lose, we were able to indulge all we wanted and didn't gain. Read how...

http://www.bnqt.com/OpenAir/magReader.php

Click on page index and choose 26 - 27...
Cruises To Date:Jan. 25 - 28, 2007: 3 Night Bahamian on the Wonder May 3 - 10, 2008: 7 Night Western Caribbean on the Magic June 15 - 22, 2013: 7 Night Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy June 13 - 20, 2015: 7 Night Western Caribbean on the Fantasy
Trips to WDW: 1972 - off site, 1974 - off site, July 1999 - Caribbean Beach, April 2010 - Pop Century, June 2012 - Pop Century, Dec. 2012 - Animal Kingdom Lodge, June 2014 - Pop Century
May 3-10 Western Trippie: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1726945 June 15 - 22 Eastern Trippie http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post48933156
bobbi565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 09:34 PM   #20
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibouncetoo View Post
I've lost weight on a couple of my cruises. I attribute it to:

More movement:I have a very sedentary lifestile (desk job, long hours) so just walking the ship and doing some excursions really helped. I didn't do any regimented kind of exercising, but swam a few laps every day in the adult pool and strolled deck 4 after a few dinners.

Food quality: yes, there is the opportunity to live on chicken strips and french fries, but all that fresh fruit was calling my name! Portion sizes were also more modest compared to what you usually get at American restaurants. Granted, you could ask for more, but I was always satisfied at each meal.

Yup...Jackie and I were on the same 14 nighter in May... I didn't gain anything.... I ate well because there was lots of choice. I didn't eat in between cause I had enough at the meals... I think those who gain alot drink most of theirs... which is ok... just as long as you know that's why and either plan for it or start to watch when you get home.

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 10:15 AM   #21
kcashner
DIS Veteran

I once lost 3 pounds on a 7 day cruise, but was VERY careful about what I ate. I generally consider it a success if I don't gain.

The techniques have been listed--take the stairs, hit the fitness center, etc.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 03:24 PM   #22
orlandothebeagle
Gotta love the beagles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post
Yup...Jackie and I were on the same 14 nighter in May... I didn't gain anything.... I ate well because there was lots of choice. I didn't eat in between cause I had enough at the meals... I think those who gain alot drink most of theirs... which is ok... just as long as you know that's why and either plan for it or start to watch when you get home.
Yes, you are probably correct in my case. I dont snack,I have fruit for breakfast. I run,spinning bla bla bla.

Oh yes and I NEVER go to the buffets, i am too greedy for them, I like to sit down and order, the portions really are a nice size on the ships and no going back for more.

4 day Wonder,7 night west Magic,Magical west bound TA,Wonderful panama canal.
orlandothebeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 02:40 PM   #23
scdizneydawnshubby
cruisin with the mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavawalker View Post
I was looking through my DCL Passporter book last night and came across some info about a class the Vista Spa offers on losing weight while cruising... seriously? People lose weight on a cruise? I'm a Weight Watcher person, and I'm pretty sure it won't happen here!
No doubt......also weight watchers people here. We just got off a cruise and I thought I did well just eating what I wanted, using portion control and hitting the fitness center 4 times during the week. I still gained 4 pounds doing that! Better than the 10-12 I used to gain on a 7 day cruise!
scdizneydawnshubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 02:41 PM   #24
scdizneydawnshubby
cruisin with the mouse

That SPA thing is probably one of those detox wraps that makes you lose weight and inches.....but it all comes back when you eat and drink.
scdizneydawnshubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 02:49 PM   #25
orlandothebeagle
Gotta love the beagles.

No, I think it is a lecture on eating healthy.Probably have the deotx as well though!

4 day Wonder,7 night west Magic,Magical west bound TA,Wonderful panama canal.
orlandothebeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 03:24 PM   #26
lavawalker
DVC Member!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gummyvites View Post
IThe trouble was AFTER the cruise when I had gotten out of the habit of counting points and such. The week after was deadly. Took me a few weeks to get back on track!

Karen
That's EXACTLY what happened to me! I'm the original poster of this thread and got back two weeks ago from our 7 day cruise. I put on waaay too much weight, and honestly, I think I only gained 2-3 on the cruise. It was definitely the two weeks following where I couldn't seem to get back on the WW boat!!! Ah well, I have my head wrapped around it now, and I'm back on plan!!
lavawalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 05:17 PM   #27
mindelmouse
Rabid Disnoid's Spouse

I think you have a higher activity level on the cruise

I find that since I'm not sitting behind a desk 9 hours a day, instead I'm walking (even going from place to place), taking stairs, just generally more active. I'm able to eat what I want (and generally, it's not all that much more than I eat normally) and not gain weight. If I would go to the spa or even walk on deck 4, I'd probably lose weight. It's pretty easy. There's just so much you can eat and most of the times, after have an appetizer, entree and dessert at dinner, you have no room for any of the later buffets.

many WDW trips before 1998
WDW - Oct 2000 - offsite, WDW August 2002 - All star music resort, ,WDW Port Orleans, WDW May 2006 Old Key West, WDW Nov 2007 offsite, DCL Magic 11/1/08, MNSSHP 10/31/09, DCL Magic in the Med 8/18/2010, Wonder to Alaska 8/23/2011, NYC to nowhere 6/15/2012, NYC to Bahamas 8/25/2012, 9/30/2012 Dream Cruise, Magic to Greece 6/15/2013, Disneyland Nov 2013, Fantasy Eastern Caribbean 8/23/2014
mindelmouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: