Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 05:38 PM   #76
DanceRC28
Wife to Greg, mommy to baby Tyler and furbabies Gracie and Chey. RIP Katie mommy will miss you always! <3

Can't wait to visit PO- FQ...this will be the first mod stay for DH and I and probably our last visit as a married couple w/out kids, we absolutely cannot wait for our stay!!!

Old 11-13-2008, 06:16 PM   #77
pamouselover
“Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through. No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing, the dream that you wish will come true.”

Hi, we are spending NYE resort hoping and DTD, since that is are arrival day and we wont fly in till after 12 noon. Maybe I see you there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brittsmum1998 View Post
We are December 27th to January 2nd. We are going to spend New Years Eve at Epcot.

I couldn't believe how lucky we were to get all those nights together. I only booked last week after trying for 2 days straight. I was willing to switch mid vacation, sleep on the pool chairs, I didn't care . When DH says lets go to Disney, he doesn't have to tell me twice lol.

We had been butting heads for a while...he wanted to use points (I said no way too high) I wanted to use cash...and well he's CHEAP but he finally "blinked" first.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-13-2008, 06:17 PM   #78
pamouselover
“Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through. No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing, the dream that you wish will come true.”

Does POFQ have microwaves in the food court that you can use? I only ask because if so I want to pack cups and tea bags,sugar etc. for my morning cup of tea.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:30 PM   #79
jsoren11
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
We have stayed in adjoining rooms there, but don't have pictures. What did you want to know?
Im just interested in the space of the room comapred to a non adjoining room. Where the door is with reference to the window and beds. are the headboards on the door wall or not. If we have a roll away, is there room with the door still able to open?
Offsite WDW July,1983 : Disneyland July,1991 : Tokyo Disneyland May,1993 : Tokyo Disneyland / Disney Sea Oct,2007 : POFQ Jan-Feb,2009 DL Travelodge on Harbor Sept, 2010 : DL Hotel Menage on Harbor Sept 2011, Aug 2012
Old 11-14-2008, 02:10 AM   #80
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsoren11 View Post
Im just interested in the space of the room comapred to a non adjoining room. Where the door is with reference to the window and beds. are the headboards on the door wall or not. If we have a roll away, is there room with the door still able to open?
The internal door opens inwards (in both rooms - it's actually two doors, one behind the other, for security so each room can lock their own side). The doorway is located next to the beds - just where a rollaway would go, so I guess it'd be a bit tricky to open/close the door with the bed made up.

You'd put the bed in the space where it says Trundle Bed in the plan below (the next-door room would be a mirror image of this one):

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 11-14-2008, 03:49 AM   #81
happymommy
DIS Veteran

Hi, All!

I just booked PORFQ for the first time. We've always stayed in Deluxe, villa, or the Swan/Dolphin. It will be our first moderate, but this place looks nice and I heard it's quiet and smaller than some resorts.

First thing - as far as your tea, can you use the coffee pot in the room? I do that at home (for the poster asking about a microwave). I personally have to have my coffee first thing!

Also, the cast member that booked the package for me said they don't have rollaways. I was considering an aerobed twin size so my kids don't have to sleep together. Do they have rollaways? Seems to be conflicting answers.

I was excited - got the free dining package, and our room was still a big discount - used my Disney Visa!

Any other advice for staying here? I am really looking forward to this!

Previous WDW vacations include:
CR as a child with parents 1992 offsite twice 1993 Honeymoon GF 1995 BC 1996 SOG 2000 GF 2001 BWV 2003 (spring break) CR 2003 (summer) AKL 2003 (Christmas break including NYE) AKL concierge 2005 summer BWV 2006 April Swan 2006 August Dolphin 2007 March AKL 2007 August Dolphin 2008 March 7 Night Western on the Magic
2008 August (The Dark Side) PBH 2008 Dec BWI 2009 March Swan 2010 March Offsite (Grande Vista) 2010 December BWV plus 2 nights Marriott's Harbour Lake and 3 bonus nights snowed in at the Aiport Renaissance 2011 March Offsite (Marriott's Harbour Lake) 2012 August Offsite (Marriott's Grande Vista and Sabal Palms) March 2014 BWV
Old 11-14-2008, 05:54 AM   #82
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

I think you'll like POFQ, as long as you don't expect room-service, turn-downs, etc!

I've heard from others that you can indeed use the coffee pot to get hot enough water for tea, but my DW says it's not ideal because the water doesn't get to fully boiling (we're Brits, tea-making is our thing, humour us ). If you want your tea made with fully boling water, pop over to the food court and get some from the dispenser there - but many people seem happy enough to use the coffee makers.

The bed issue may be a naming thing, perhaps they thought you were asking about a trundle bed? (i.e. the ones in Riverside Alligator Bayou, which 'roll away' under the main bed). You should be able to get a fold-up type bed on wheels - or least they definitely have them for the Riverside Mansion Buildings, so it shouldn't be too hard to arrange if you need one.

Andre

Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 11-14-2008, 07:34 AM   #83
happymommy
DIS Veteran

Thanks - I'll call about the rollaway bed. Sounds nicer than an aerobed.

I have done this (please no flames, I know it's not really allowed, and I am SUPER careful) but brought a little $10 hot pot with me on trips before. It gets water to a rolling boil very quickly (thus the need to be careful and make sure it's fully cooled off afterwards). It's just a little pot, we have used it to make ramen for a quick snack for the kids. They like it, and sometimes you just want some hot soup. You can pick them up at lots of discount stores.

Previous WDW vacations include:
CR as a child with parents 1992 offsite twice 1993 Honeymoon GF 1995 BC 1996 SOG 2000 GF 2001 BWV 2003 (spring break) CR 2003 (summer) AKL 2003 (Christmas break including NYE) AKL concierge 2005 summer BWV 2006 April Swan 2006 August Dolphin 2007 March AKL 2007 August Dolphin 2008 March 7 Night Western on the Magic
2008 August (The Dark Side) PBH 2008 Dec BWI 2009 March Swan 2010 March Offsite (Grande Vista) 2010 December BWV plus 2 nights Marriott's Harbour Lake and 3 bonus nights snowed in at the Aiport Renaissance 2011 March Offsite (Marriott's Harbour Lake) 2012 August Offsite (Marriott's Grande Vista and Sabal Palms) March 2014 BWV
Old 11-14-2008, 09:51 AM   #84
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

We have a hot pot too (or electric kettle to us Brits ), it's in our Owner's Locker as it's not worth carrying it back and forth to the UK. We got one with an auto-off sensor for when the water has boiled.

Andre

Old 11-15-2008, 08:46 AM   #85
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
Kathy... You just made my night! Chances are they will play Christmas music that was recorded by 2 friends of mine on that thing in the mornings and I can sit there with my coffee and book and read until I want to go into the parks or my DH and DDs wake up!
I'm so glad I could help! Hope you enjoy your stay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamouselover View Post
Does POFQ have microwaves in the food court that you can use? I only ask because if so I want to pack cups and tea bags,sugar etc. for my morning cup of tea.
Yes they do.
Old 11-15-2008, 12:00 PM   #86
pamouselover

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
The internal door opens inwards (in both rooms - it's actually two doors, one behind the other, for security so each room can lock their own side). The doorway is located next to the beds - just where a rollaway would go, so I guess it'd be a bit tricky to open/close the door with the bed made up.

You'd put the bed in the space where it says Trundle Bed in the plan below (the next-door room would be a mirror image of this one):

Andre
Do all rooms have the trundle bed? If not do you have top ay extra for it?
Quote:
I think you'll like POFQ, as long as you don't expect room-service, turn-downs, etc!

I've heard from others that you can indeed use the coffee pot to get hot enough water for tea, but my DW says it's not ideal because the water doesn't get to fully boiling (we're Brits, tea-making is our thing, humour us ). If you want your tea made with fully boling water, pop over to the food court and get some from the dispenser there - but many people seem happy enough to use the coffee makers.

The bed issue may be a naming thing, perhaps they thought you were asking about a trundle bed? (i.e. the ones in Riverside Alligator Bayou, which 'roll away' under the main bed). You should be able to get a fold-up type bed on wheels - or least they definitely have them for the Riverside Mansion Buildings, so it shouldn't be too hard to arrange if you need one.

Andre
Quote:
Originally Posted by happymommy View Post
Thanks - I'll call about the rollaway bed. Sounds nicer than an aerobed.

I have done this (please no flames, I know it's not really allowed, and I am SUPER careful) but brought a little $10 hot pot with me on trips before. It gets water to a rolling boil very quickly (thus the need to be careful and make sure it's fully cooled off afterwards). It's just a little pot, we have used it to make ramen for a quick snack for the kids. They like it, and sometimes you just want some hot soup. You can pick them up at lots of discount stores.
Quote:
We have a hot pot too (or electric kettle to us Brits ), it's in our Owner's Locker as it's not worth carrying it back and forth to the UK. We got one with an auto-off sensor for when the water has boiled.

Andre
Thanks, I have tried to use the cooffe pot in the rooms before, for my tea. It taste awful. I could be brittish I my tea. We do have a hot shot, that I won at a christmas party last year. I dont know if we will be able to pack it, due to flying. But I will try. Thanks

Last edited by pamouselover; 11-15-2008 at 12:08 PM.
Old 11-15-2008, 12:40 PM   #87
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Do all rooms have the trundle bed? If not do you have top ay extra for it?
Only the Riverside Alligator Bayou Rooms have trundle beds, not French Quarter. There's no extra charge for them.

Andre

Old 11-15-2008, 01:25 PM   #88
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:

There is hot water as well as teabags at the food court. Unless you prefer a flavored tea, you don't need to bring along your teabags and sugar. I used my resort mug for my tea each morning.

Deb
POFQ, Oct. 2007
Old 11-16-2008, 09:46 AM   #89
conny264
DIS Veteran

Foodcourt Opening Times?

Hello
I have a question and hope somebody can help me.
At what time does the Foodcourt opens in the morning.
I checked Allearsnet and it´s the only foodcourt without any times.

Thanks in advance
Conny
Old 11-16-2008, 09:51 AM   #90
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Foodcourt should be open 6am-midnight, but not sure if all breakfast options are available at 6am (certainly at Riverside, only bakery items are available before 7am, and the selection is similarly limited to bakery and pizza/pasta after 11pm).

Andre

Last edited by andrewilley; 11-16-2008 at 09:59 AM.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: