Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 09:09 PM   #61
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post

"Is there still a piano in the lounge area?" I am particularly interested in if it is a Yamaha disklavier piano with a disk drive on/in it. Thanks for taking the time to notice and respond.
I don't remember seeing one but we're going back either tomorrow night or the next night and I'll double check.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:17 PM   #62
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerKat View Post
I don't remember seeing one but we're going back either tomorrow night or the next night and I'll double check.
Thanks bunches!!

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-12-2008, 04:48 AM   #63
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Could you also check to see if there are TVs in the bar, as someone else asked a while ago? I while I'm pretty sure there are, I couldn't be certain. Thanks!

Hope your head is feeling better now, did they resolve the issue for you and apologise properly?

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 11-12-2008, 05:02 AM   #64
Charleyann
Someone spilled the beans
Just 70 more days till that smell comes again

Quote:
We are at POFQ right now and can't really say that we are entirely happy. The 8 lb molding around the light fixture above the desk in our room fell on my head two days ago. Thank God I have a hard head. Seriously we called management and their exact words were " And what exactly is it you want us to do". Um just come and see what we're talking about....

The bus service has been great leaving the resort but two days in a row we waited 45 minutes at the parks for one Port Orleans bus to show up while seeing at least 2 or 3 for every other resort go by.

LOVE the size of the resort, the lounge, food court and especially the boat ride to Downtown Disney.

Old 11-12-2008, 08:48 AM   #65
pamouselover
“Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through. No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing, the dream that you wish will come true.”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleyann View Post
Quote:
We are at POFQ right now and can't really say that we are entirely happy. The 8 lb molding around the light fixture above the desk in our room fell on my head two days ago. Thank God I have a hard head. Seriously we called management and their exact words were " And what exactly is it you want us to do". Um just come and see what we're talking about....

The bus service has been great leaving the resort but two days in a row we waited 45 minutes at the parks for one Port Orleans bus to show up while seeing at least 2 or 3 for every other resort go by.

LOVE the size of the resort, the lounge, food court and especially the boat ride to Downtown Disney.
I think that is with every resort heading back from the parks. We have experienced that at both ASmo and CBR. What building are you in, and how is the walk from the room to the bus stop? Is POFQ picked up first, then PORS?
We will be here in just 49 days!
Old 11-12-2008, 10:37 AM   #66
Lou-Ann
DIS Veteran

If I were you, I would make a point of letting the MANAGER know what happened in the room. I am as concedrned about the attitude of the cast member as much as the falling object. She needs to know which of her staff is not responding in the Disney way. I understand the manager there is a lovely lady. I am sure she will want to take care of this. Good luck and let us know the results.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:38 AM   #67
grover
DIS VETERAN
SUPERSCRAPBOOKER
DISNEY ON THE BRAIN
BRIDEZILLA I'M NOT

Wow..that could have some serious consequences having something fall on your head like that!
POP CENTURY OCT 2004,
POFQ Nov 2006, POP Century 2006,
POFQ May 2009
, POR May 2009, POR Oct 2011, POR Oct 2013,
CB Oct 2014, CS Dec 2014

Old 11-12-2008, 02:45 PM   #68
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
Is there still a piano in the lounge area?" I am particularly interested in if it is a Yamaha disklavier piano with a disk drive on/in it. Thanks for taking the time to notice and respond.
It's there and it is exactly the one you described!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Could you also check to see if there are TVs in the bar, as someone else asked a while ago? I while I'm pretty sure there are, I couldn't be certain. Thanks!

Hope your head is feeling better now, did they resolve the issue for you and apologise properly?

Andre
I know for sure there is at least one TV in the bar. DH says there were two, I can check if you like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamouselover View Post
What building are you in, and how is the walk from the room to the bus stop? Is POFQ picked up first, then PORS?
We will be here in just 49 days!
We are in Bldg 3, short walk to bus, boat, pool, lounge/food court. I actually underestimated just how small this resort is. I don't think it is possible to have a long walk to anything!

The bus situation as far as POFQ/POR seems to vary each day and with each park. Some days we are picked up/dropped off first, others we are second. We've even had separate buses for POFQ and POR!
Old 11-12-2008, 03:32 PM   #69
brittsmum1998
just a shallow excuse to subscribe to this thread
"stay away from skunks....they stink"

I'm subscribing...we will be there over New Years and I haven't spent more than a night or two there in a few years (due to DVC) so I'm curious.

Old 11-12-2008, 04:59 PM   #70
pamouselover
“Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through. No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing, the dream that you wish will come true.”

Quote:
Originally Posted by brittsmum1998 View Post
I'm subscribing...we will be there over New Years and I haven't spent more than a night or two there in a few years (due to DVC) so I'm curious.
We will be there too. What are your dates? Ours are Dec. 31st-Jan.7th!
Old 11-12-2008, 06:38 PM   #71
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Subscribing!

We are spending 6 nights/7 days at POR from January 10th to the 16th. Our first trip to Disney !

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! Visit my trip report in progress: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Old 11-12-2008, 06:50 PM   #72
jsoren11
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

Anyone here ever stay in the adjoining rooms at POFQ? got pics?
Offsite WDW July,1983 : Disneyland July,1991 : Tokyo Disneyland May,1993 : Tokyo Disneyland / Disney Sea Oct,2007 : POFQ Jan-Feb,2009 DL Travelodge on Harbor Sept, 2010 : DL Hotel Menage on Harbor Sept 2011, Aug 2012
Old 11-12-2008, 09:06 PM   #73
brittsmum1998
just a shallow excuse to subscribe to this thread
"stay away from skunks....they stink"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamouselover View Post
We will be there too. What are your dates? Ours are Dec. 31st-Jan.7th!
We are December 27th to January 2nd. We are going to spend New Years Eve at Epcot.

I couldn't believe how lucky we were to get all those nights together. I only booked last week after trying for 2 days straight. I was willing to switch mid vacation, sleep on the pool chairs, I didn't care . When DH says lets go to Disney, he doesn't have to tell me twice lol.

We had been butting heads for a while...he wanted to use points (I said no way too high) I wanted to use cash...and well he's CHEAP but he finally "blinked" first.

Old 11-12-2008, 09:17 PM   #74
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Quote:
It's there and it is exactly the one you described!
Kathy... You just made my night! Chances are they will play Christmas music that was recorded by 2 friends of mine on that thing in the mornings and I can sit there with my coffee and book and read until I want to go into the parks or my DH and DDs wake up!

Old 11-12-2008, 09:18 PM   #75
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsoren11 View Post
Anyone here ever stay in the adjoining rooms at POFQ? got pics?
We have stayed in adjoining rooms there, but don't have pictures. What did you want to know?

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: