Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 06:39 PM   #481
cquick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbcheek View Post
does anyone know the cost of DCL shuttle from resort to Port one-way?
one leg is $35
Old 11-02-2008, 06:50 PM   #482
ohiominnie
It's interesting when you google yourself
I'd rather be at WDW
Spent all day at an amusement park yesterday
My DH gets kitty litter kidney stones

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWLVR View Post
Ok purely hypothetical. Maybe you know someone who has driven down. Maybe they are staying at Beach Club or Boardwalk. Maybe you could drive over and meet them then you and your daughter could stay with the wife and all the luggage. You DH could then drive back home with your son while your son's smoothie Dad follows in his car. Smoothie Dad could then drive Smoothie Son and Smoothie Son's real Dad back to the Beach Club to meet the women folk. Everyone takes the bus and has a good time. Upon return the reverse happens. Just saying.....
So let's say this hypothetical thing comes to pass. Where would the wife and Smoothie dad leave THEIR car for those 4 days? At the Beach Club or Boardwalk? Will they let you do that?
It's a GREAT plan and I'm amazed at how detailed you were able to get with something that was purely hypothetical.

Or, maybe we should just get one stinkin' night at the Beach Club. Check in early Saturday and let the kids swim all day. Hmmmmmm. But again, where does that leave our car?

Does the party bus make multiple stops at multiple resorts? Or just one stop?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-02-2008, 06:50 PM   #483
danandnan
Disney Nut's DVC Members 4/01

Hi Mary

HIYA Mary!!!

Congrats to you and Mark on your SSMC09 booking!!!

DANANDNAN

7 Day Alaska Cruise 8/ 23/2011
Old 11-02-2008, 06:57 PM   #484
BCVOwner2002
I do math problems in my sleep - including adding, subtracting and dividing!
Uses her Mickey Mouse Ears Alien Green pins to fight off the gray side!

Chartered Transportation

I know Mary has already supplied some information but if you are interested in taking a chartered bus, please send me a PM with the following information:

Dis User Name
WDW Resort Prior To SSMC09
WDW Resort After SSMC09
# of Adults
# of Children & Age(s)

I believe the last time we did this, we had approximately 50 people which filled the bus. Everyone was asked to be at one resort around 8:30 or 9:00 because we wanted to get to the port as early as possible.

Annmarie
Old 11-02-2008, 08:26 PM   #485
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Night all! It has been a long day with being on hold for so long. Not that it was not worth it.

I just sent radisson cape canaveral florida an e mail to see if we could get a group rate. Not sure what any one is doing I just wanted to see. I figure it does not hurt to ask.

Take care! Have a good evening. Catch you all tomorrow

flo
Old 11-02-2008, 09:03 PM   #486
ravross
OKW since 1996

Newbie to DIS

Hi, I am new to this forum (or any forum), but am excited to be joining all of you on the SSMC09! As soon as I figure out if I am doing this post correctly, I'll add more information. I hope you all can be patient with me!
Old 11-02-2008, 09:26 PM   #487
clungstrum
DCL Enthusiast

I've been trying to catch up on this thread today. We are so excited to be joining all of you on this cruise. This will be our fifth Disney Cruise, but first cruise with points.

Fortunately I got through at 9:02 and then was on hold for about 25 minutes. Then it was interesting booking because we will have our daughter with us who will be born within the next couple weeks, so we were not able to provide a name or birthdate. I think they put TBD for the first name. Kinda funny.

My wife and I are both Disney fanatics and actually work for the Mouse here in Florida. I'll do my best to keep up with the threads and provide any tips I can on this area, but it looks like many of you are pros at this.

Two Cat 11 rooms for us: 6503 & 6504. Unfortunately they misunderstood when I called and did not understand that I wanted two connecting rooms (turns out they're cat 10). Then they said it would cost $95 to modify the reservation. I guess we'll live with rooms across the hall from each other.

Countless trips to WDW. DCL Platinum(10). SSR/GCV. DLR (Jan. '11)

Last edited by clungstrum; 11-02-2008 at 09:35 PM.
Old 11-02-2008, 09:45 PM   #488
FaithTrustnPixieDust
Those that plant kindness gather love! Look for the Extraordinary in the Ordinary!

First Post on DIS, First DCL, First SSMC!!

Hello All! I have used DIS discussion boards for several years now to research information for trip planning but this is my first post.

I enjoyed reading all your posts last night and today. Thanks for the information. I actually found myself coming back through out the day to see if you all were able to get through and book your trip.

Can anyone tell me if there have been many children on the prior SSMC's?

My children and I are booked in a cat 7 on deck 5. I am not sure who was more excited this morning when we booked....me or my soon to be 5 year old daughter. It was supposed to be a surprise for the kids but she refused to leave the room when I was on the phone and it's not like I could put the CM on hold. We got through to a CM at 9:01am and had everything finalized after about 30-40 minutes. I have sworn her to secrecy and she has promised not to tell her older brother. How long do you think that will last?

For now she is focused on our trip to BCV in 20 days. Staying for 13 days so hopefully she will forget about the cruise by the end of this upcoming trip.

I am interested in all the information you have to share. I am phanatical about planning and being organized in advance of my vacations. (must be the project manager in me) Since this is our first cruise I have no idea where to begin. I guess the first step is to get our passports. Was told that it is suggested but not required. This is a good time to get them though. Will make preparations for the next cruise that much easier.

If anyone has specific suggestions, advice, comments regarding cruising with kids I would greatly appreciate it.

Best Regards!!
Old 11-02-2008, 09:52 PM   #489
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravross View Post
Hi, I am new to this forum (or any forum), but am excited to be joining all of you on the SSMC09! As soon as I figure out if I am doing this post correctly, I'll add more information. I hope you all can be patient with me!
Glad you could join us. Jump in when ever your are comfortable.

flo
Old 11-02-2008, 09:55 PM   #490
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by clungstrum View Post
I've been trying to catch up on this thread today. We are so excited to be joining all of you on this cruise. This will be our fifth Disney Cruise, but first cruise with points.

Fortunately I got through at 9:02 and then was on hold for about 25 minutes. Then it was interesting booking because we will have our daughter with us who will be born within the next couple weeks, so we were not able to provide a name or birthdate. I think they put TBD for the first name. Kinda funny.

My wife and I are both Disney fanatics and actually work for the Mouse here in Florida. I'll do my best to keep up with the threads and provide any tips I can on this area, but it looks like many of you are pros at this.

Two Cat 11 rooms for us: 6503 & 6504. Unfortunately they misunderstood when I called and did not understand that I wanted two connecting rooms (turns out they're cat 10). Then they said it would cost $95 to modify the reservation. I guess we'll live with rooms across the hall from each other.
First congrats on the soon to be little one. This will be are first Member cruise and are fifth cruise to.But are second on points.

flo
Old 11-02-2008, 10:04 PM   #491
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaithTrustnPixieDust View Post
Hello All! I have used DIS discussion boards for several years now to research information for trip planning but this is my first post.

I enjoyed reading all your posts last night and today. Thanks for the information. I actually found myself coming back through out the day to see if you all were able to get through and book your trip.

My children and I are booked in a cat 7 on deck 5. I am not sure who was more excited this morning when we booked....me or my soon to be 5 year old daughter. It was supposed to be a surprise for the kids but she refused to leave the room when I was on the phone and it's not like I could put the CM on hold. We got through to a CM at 9:01am and had everything finalized after about 30-40 minutes. I have sworn her to secrecy and she has promised not to tell her older brother. How long do you think that will last?

For now she is focused on our trip to BCV in 20 days. Staying for 13 days so hopefully she will forget about the cruise by the end of this upcoming trip.

I am interested in all the information you have to share. I am phanatical about planning and being organized in advance of my vacations. (must be the project manager in me) Since this is our first cruise I have no idea where to begin. I guess the first step is to get our passports. Was told that it is suggested but not required. This is a good time to get them though. Will make preparations for the next cruise that much easier.

If anyone has specific suggestions, advice, comments regarding cruising with kids I would greatly appreciate it.

Best Regards!!
Glad you decided to post. On the very first post Mary put some information. I like you like to be organized in advance. If that is not what you would like to know ask, I am sure someone here will answer.

flo
Old 11-02-2008, 10:29 PM   #492
BoosGram
Better than a candygram....I tink, therefore I am.

Thumbs up

Went to the website and looked at the trip report for the 2007 member cruise. Wow! Now I'm REALLY excited!

Thank you, Mark and Mary, for making these things available to us new member cruisers.

Old 11-02-2008, 11:33 PM   #493
bsusanmb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wltdsnyfan View Post
I know it is early but I was wondering if any one be interested on doing a Fish Extender exchange. The reason it is called fish extender is you hang what you want your little trinkets to be put in on there. These are right out side the room. Please let me know your thoughts.

*Fish Extenders – We will be putting little things in them through out the cruise. Like, Paper, Pencils, stickers, playing cards, pirate things etc. To do this I would compile a list with Room Numbers and names and hand out at the DIS meet on Ship. You could PM me this.

**Fish Extender Gifts - This can be EVERY day or you pick a day to distribute all your gifts. There really is no set rule for gift-giving, it is up to you as to what and how much you want to give... each to their own accord. It was allot of fun to come back to are room and find something there. It also gave me a chance to see parts of the ship I never saw in the previous cruises.

Flo
Hi, Flo,
I would love to participate. Have my fish extenders all ready to go. Did this with dis'ers on previous cruises and had such fun. This is my first member cruise and I am thrilled!!!! Last year I couldn't get the week off...someone else had it. I am a nurse and we have to bid on time off....this year, I was ready with my dates....WOW, I couldn't believe how long it took me to get through today. I had both phones and it took me 3 hours just to get through. I had my cell phone plugged in the entire time knowing the battery could die on me waiting on hold! It was worse than dialing in for American Idol to vote!

Susan

Old 11-03-2008, 05:25 AM   #494
WDWLVR
DVC @ The Boardwalk
Have veranda will cruise
We cruised under a DVC flag - how cool is that?!?

Good morning everyone - happy Monday! I don't know about anyone else but I was beat last night after booking day. In fact I fell asleep and missed DVC chat last night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravross View Post

Welcome to the DIS and the DCL forums, but most importantly welcome to the Member Cruise thread! You're doing fine! Any questions ask away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clungstrum View Post

Welcome aboard! The good news with a Member Cruise is that there are typically less children than on a regular 4 day cruise. So you should not have any problems getting the times you want in Flounders for your new little one. In addition the pools and family beach will be less crowded than normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaithTrustnPixieDust View Post

Best Regards!!
Welcome to the DIS and the DCL forums, but most importantly welcome to the Member Cruise thread! As noted above the Member Cruises usually have less children so I think your kids will find the club/lab less crowded and more interaction with the cast members. We try to have most important information for the group in the first post and up on the group website. Passports are a great idea because while you don't need them for cruising yet you do for flying so if heaven forbid anything happens while on the trip it would be very hard to fly home. We've had our passports for years and it does make traveling easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoosGram View Post
Went to the website and looked at the trip report for the 2007 member cruise. Wow! Now I'm REALLY excited!

Thank you, Mark and Mary, for making these things available to us new member cruisers.
You are very welcome! As you can tell we love cruising and we love our DVC. We hope to get 2008 up soon but in the meantime if anyone wants to read about our 2008 trip you can check out the "live from" thread here:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1952403

Thanks to all who e-mailed me their info. I hope to be able to get it up on the website in the next couple of days. Now it is off to real world work (have to pay for these cruises you know).

Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-03-2008, 05:41 AM   #495
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsusanmb View Post
Hi, Flo,
I would love to participate. Have my fish extenders all ready to go. Did this with dis'ers on previous cruises and had such fun. This is my first member cruise and I am thrilled!!!! Last year I couldn't get the week off...someone else had it. I am a nurse and we have to bid on time off....this year, I was ready with my dates....WOW, I couldn't believe how long it took me to get through today. I had both phones and it took me 3 hours just to get through. I had my cell phone plugged in the entire time knowing the battery could die on me waiting on hold! It was worse than dialing in for American Idol to vote!

Susan
This is my first member cruise to. Glad you got through. I could not get through on the 800 number I had to use the 407 one. I was on hold for about 1 1/2 hours. But that isok now I am on the cruise.

Can you PM me your cabin number so I can add that to the list to.

thanks
Flo

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: