Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 02:56 PM   #436
WDWLVR
DVC @ The Boardwalk
Have veranda will cruise
We cruised under a DVC flag - how cool is that?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wltdsnyfan View Post

You are going to have a great trip it sounds like.

I know quite a few DIS stay at Radisson, Cap Canaveral that is were we will stay Saturday night. It Is 139.00 for one night and parking while you are on the cruise. They take you to DCL and back.

What I can do is if any one is interesed I can call and see if we can get a discount depending on how many. I know that some DIS groups do this.

flo
We stayed at the Radisson before the 2003 Member Cruise and had a nice little DIS meet there. So those of you at the port the night before can have one DIS meet and for those of you staying at Disney (or who live near Disney) we'll be having one at the Beach Club the day before the cruise.

PDFG and all our friends who need it.
Old 11-02-2008, 02:56 PM   #437
madaboutpooh
DIS Veteran

We are planning coming in a day or two early and staying near the port. Not sure what to do about transportation from airport to port and then port back to airport. Any ideas?

1/93, 3/01 - Caribbean Beach * 3/05 - Port Orleans Riverside & Disney Wonder * 6/06 - Saratoga Springs & Disney Magic Western Caribbean * 10/08 - Boardwalk Villas * 9/09 - DVC Member Cruise * 3/11 - AK Kidani Villas * 6/12 - Wilderness Lodge Villas * 10/12 - Beach Club Villas
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-02-2008, 02:58 PM   #438
Beastly
Sea Ya Real Soon!!!!

Its SOLD OUT !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiominnie View Post
Hey, at least the wait time is back down to 5 minutes!
Congratulations to those Members who booked passage on the S.S. Member Cruise 2009! As of Sunday, November 2, 2008, this voyage is officially sold-out. If you would like to be added to our waitlist, please contact Member Services at 800-******** or 407-566-3800.

WOW ... Sorry if any of you all did not get thru.

Old 11-02-2008, 02:58 PM   #439
WDWLVR
DVC @ The Boardwalk
Have veranda will cruise

Quote:
Originally Posted by madaboutpooh View Post
We are planning coming in a day or two early and staying near the port. Not sure what to do about transportation from airport to port and then port back to airport. Any ideas?
Some of the car rental companies offer free shuttles to/from the port. We've used Avis in the past and it has worked great. Not sure which others offer it. I know National doesn't (that's who we normally use at WDW).
Old 11-02-2008, 03:00 PM   #440
WDWLVR
DVC @ The Boardwalk
Have veranda will cruise

I think Karen is right that is sold out about 2pm on the first day one year. Last year it didn't sell out for a few weeks.

Definitely get on the wait list if anyone is reading this and hasn't booked yet. It has been successful in the past as peoples plans change.

Congrats to all those who did make it in.
Old 11-02-2008, 03:00 PM   #441
KarenNY
Chat Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWLVR View Post
Some of the car rental companies offer free shuttles to/from the port. We've used Avis in the past and it has worked great. Not sure which others offer it. I know National doesn't (that's who we normally use at WDW).
Budget is the other company near the port with free shuttle.
Old 11-02-2008, 03:01 PM   #442
WDWLVR
DVC @ The Boardwalk
Have veranda will cruise

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenNY View Post
Thanks Karen - I knew there was another. Are they onsite at the airport?
Old 11-02-2008, 03:07 PM   #443
ohiominnie
It's interesting when you google yourself
I'd rather be at WDW
Spent all day at an amusement park yesterday
My DH gets kitty litter kidney stones

Quote:
I think the question was MCO to Port Canaveral and back.

There are rental cars (you can pick up at MCO and drop off at the Port and vice versa), or limos. Or town cars. Lots of options depending on how many in your party, your budget, etc.
Old 11-02-2008, 03:15 PM   #444
KarenNY
Chat Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenNY View Post
Quote:
Thanks Karen - I knew there was another. Are they onsite at the airport?

Budget and Avis are both onsite at the airport.
Old 11-02-2008, 03:17 PM   #445
WDWLVR
DVC @ The Boardwalk
Have veranda will cruise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiominnie View Post
I think the question was MCO to Port Canaveral and back.

There are rental cars (you can pick up at MCO and drop off at the Port and vice versa), or limos. Or town cars. Lots of options depending on how many in your party, your budget, etc.
Yeah sorry I wasn't clear in my response. When we have flown down we've rented a car at the airport and used it until the morning of the cruise then dropped it at Avis and took the shuttle back to the port. After the cruise DH picked up the shuttle, picked up the car and then came back to get me and the luggage.

Thanks Karen for making it clearer and for KarenNY for reminding us of who the players are as far as shuttle.
Old 11-02-2008, 03:24 PM   #446
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

I know it is early but I was wondering if any one be interested on doing a Fish Extender exchange. The reason it is called fish extender is you hang what you want your little trinkets to be put in on there. These are right out side the room. Please let me know your thoughts.

*Fish Extenders – We will be putting little things in them through out the cruise. Like, Paper, Pencils, stickers, playing cards, pirate things etc. To do this I would compile a list with Room Numbers and names and hand out at the DIS meet on Ship. You could PM me this.

**Fish Extender Gifts - This can be EVERY day or you pick a day to distribute all your gifts. There really is no set rule for gift-giving, it is up to you as to what and how much you want to give... each to their own accord. It was allot of fun to come back to are room and find something there. It also gave me a chance to see parts of the ship I never saw in the previous cruises.

Flo
Old 11-02-2008, 03:32 PM   #447
WDWLVR
DVC @ The Boardwalk
Have veranda will cruise

Quote:
I know it is early but I was wondering if any one be interested on doing a Fish Extender exchange. The reason it is called fish extender is you hang what you want your little trinkets to be put in on there. These are right out side the room. Please let me know your thoughts.

*Fish Extenders – We will be putting little things in them through out the cruise. Like, Paper, Pencils, stickers, playing cards, pirate things etc. To do this I would compile a list with Room Numbers and names and hand out at the DIS meet on Ship. You could PM me this.

**Fish Extender Gifts - This can be EVERY day or you pick a day to distribute all your gifts. There really is no set rule for gift-giving, it is up to you as to what and how much you want to give... each to their own accord. It was allot of fun to come back to are room and find something there. It also gave me a chance to see parts of the ship I never saw in the previous cruises.

Flo
We're in!

For anyone who hasn't seen one this is an example of a fish extender:

This is a pre-made one. Others make their own or buy them off of ebay. Some have even just used a gift bag and decorated it. It is just fun to exchange little gifts.
Old 11-02-2008, 03:35 PM   #448
madaboutpooh
DIS Veteran

Thanks for all those to responded to my transportation question. I'm thinking the cheapest way is going to be renting a car at the airport and then taking shuttle.

1/93, 3/01 - Caribbean Beach * 3/05 - Port Orleans Riverside & Disney Wonder * 6/06 - Saratoga Springs & Disney Magic Western Caribbean * 10/08 - Boardwalk Villas * 9/09 - DVC Member Cruise * 3/11 - AK Kidani Villas * 6/12 - Wilderness Lodge Villas * 10/12 - Beach Club Villas
Old 11-02-2008, 03:47 PM   #449
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:
We're in!

For anyone who hasn't seen one this is an example of a fish extender:

This is a pre-made one. Others make their own or buy them off of ebay. Some have even just used a gift bag and decorated it. It is just fun to exchange little gifts.

Mary,

To funny! I hare that one in orange and bought mine on Ebay to.

flo
Old 11-02-2008, 04:21 PM   #450
Time4disneynow
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Flo
We are in ..................... This was soooooooooooooooooooo Much fun on the 2008 Members Cruise.

Monika... [Visiting WDW yearly since 1985...2007&2010 Disney Western...2011-Disney Eastern...SSMC 2008,2009,2010,2011..3/2012-Disney Dream-SSMC Reunion-It's all Garys Fault!! Disney Dream...6/2012 Inaugural NYC-Canada-Disney Magic...12/2012 Eastern Caribbean-Fantasy...05/2013 Disney Wonder Repo cruise LA-Vancouver (West Coast Adventure-It's All Gary's Fault reunion cruise)]

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: