Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board > Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2008, 03:49 PM   #1
CityBlue
Nemo's Best Friend

1st Timer Trip Report

Cast members:

Me (36)
DH (44)
DD (4, almost 5)

After getting up at 4am to get our flight to Paris, we arrived at Charles de Gaulle at 9.45am and were met by RS Transports for our trip to the Magic! Unfortunately we got to our hotel (the Cheyenne) just after a rather large coach full of people so it took us 50 mins to check-in. Our room was ready so we dumped the bags and headed out to the Parks.

We started off in the Disneyland Park, and it was everything I dreamed it would be and more. So beautiful, I just wanted to run through the whole Park to see it all. We had a bit of a bad start as my DD was very tired and grumpy after getting up so early and her ears were hurting from the plane so she wanted to go home!!! Fortunately we hired a pushchair and I managed to get her off to sleep so we had a walk round to get our bearings.

DD woke up in Frontierland so we went on the Thunder Mesa Riverboats then DH and I went on Big Thunder Mountain. After that we headed straight to Fantasyland and went on Snow White, Dumbo, Peter Pan, Mad Hatter's Tea Cups - several times on some of them as the queues weren't bad (worst was Dumbo at 20 mins). Saw lots of stuff going on, and the Character Express a couple of times.

Back to the hotel for all you can eat buffet in the Chuck Wagon - great value and good food - then off for an early night.

Next morning we had a GMF breakfast at the Chalet de la Marionette and stayed in Fantasyland to do all the rides (again). Casey Jr and the Storybook Ride were open today. Queues were great all day - had no problems at all, even later on in the day. As we were coming out of It's A Small World I suddenly spotted Ariel walking around with Prince Eric. My DD and I rushed up to them (I think I was more excited than her!) and got their autographs and my DD had her picture taken with them.

We also saw Aladdin and Jasmine and Gaston (Beauty and the Beast).

Then we headed off to Discoveryland for the Buzz Lightyear ride - that was cool and Space Mountain which was brilliant, but I had a headache after coming off! Stayed in Disneyland Park until 4pm for the Once Upon A Dream parade. We waited outside Bella Notte as we wanted to see the Princesses dance and we had a great view. Sleeping Beauty (my DD'd favourite) waved at her and Ariel blew her a kiss!

Went on a few more rides then had dinner in Bella Notte - not the greatest I have to say!! And back to the hotel for another early night.

Next day was Saturday and what a difference. Even getting into the Park for EMH it was much busier than the previous days. At 11am we headed over to the Studios Park and what a mistake that was - we honestly could not move! Queues were terrible - the smallest was for Flying Carpets at 60 mins (the Fastpass wasn't open on this for some reason)! We stayed about 45 mins without going on any rides and went back to Disneyland Park, via a quick look in the Disneyland Hotel. Not much better there - thousands of people and big queues. We even waited 45 mins for Casry Jr! Got a Fastpass for Buzz Lightyear ride, but had to queue 20 mins to get that! Watched some of one of the Halloween shows with Maleficient and Jafar.

Tried to watch the Halloween parade, but it was too busy to see anything. We had dinner that evening at the Blue Lagoon and it was amazing. Great atmosphere, great waiter (who told us there were 47,000 people in the Park that day) and great food. Came out of there to see Disneyland all lit up and absolutely beautiful.

Sunday was our last day and we had the morning in Fantasyland with my DD going on all the rides again - her favourite is It's A Small World and we've even had to buy the CD!!! Queues not too bad, but I could see it was going to be another busy day. Back to the hotel for 1pm where RS Transports picked us up for flight home.

We had a brilliant time and I am now as hooked as the rest of you on Disneyland and am hoping to book another trip next year - if I win the lottery I'm staying in the Disneyland Hotel in a Castle Club Suite!!!

Last edited by CityBlue; 10-10-2008 at 07:34 AM.
CityBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 04:01 PM   #2
Cyrano

Disney VIP
Anyone for haggis
Aren't we all a cagey lot

DISboards Moderator

What a wonderful report
The early start is a killer

You did very well with the Princes and Princesses

Theme Park Attractions & Strategies board

Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.
Cyrano is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2008, 04:03 PM   #3
gemmybear83
I would blame it all on Bob
Awww I love the first day
You could stay behind after your meal and have another drink

Your photos arent showing ?
Old 10-08-2008, 05:59 PM   #4
karenmoloney
DIS Veteran

Glad you had such a great time. I can't see your photos either, but I will check back tomorrow to see if they come up. Hope you get to win the lottery some day & stay in Castle Club!

Day trip Sept 1999 / 4 nights Disneyland Hotel Sept 2004 / 2 nights Holiday Inn March 2005 / 5 nights Holiday Inn Nov 2005 / 3 nights Holiday Inn March 2006 / 7 nights Pierre & Vacances July 2006 / 3 nights Sequoia Lodge Nov 2006 / 6 nights Newport Bay Resort Suite Jun 2007 / 3 nights Kyriad Nov 2007 / 1 night Sequoia Lodge Dec 2007 (no kids) / 6 nights Marriott May 2008 / 2 nights Santa Fe Aug 2008 / 6 nights Marriott Oct 2008 / 3 nights Disneyland Hotel Jan 2009 (my 40th) / 7 nights May 2009 Marriott / 2 nights August 2009 Hotel L'Elysee Val D'Europe / 5 nights Nov 2009 Marriott / 6 nights Marriott May 2010 / 7 nights Marriott Aug 2010 / 7 nights Marriott Feb 2011 / 4 nights Adagio May 2011 / 9 nights Marriott Aug 2011 / 5 nights Marriott Nov 2011 / 7 nights Marriott Aug 2012 / 3 nights Adajio Oct 2012 / 5 nights Marriott Dec 2012

karenmoloney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 06:18 AM   #5
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

Great trip report - although your Saturday sounded like my worst nightmare (I don't do queues).
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun
DLPdaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 07:38 AM   #6
CityBlue
Nemo's Best Friend

Photos Now Added

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemmybear83 View Post
Your photos arent showing ?
Sorry about that - not sure what happened as I can see the photos!!!

I will try again below to post them - hopefully you can see them now because I don't know what else to do!!!

Main Street USA:

Character Express:

My DD with Ariel and Prince Eric:

Jasmine and Aladdin:

Sleeping Beauty on the Parade:

Halloween show with Maleficient and Jafar:

Old 10-10-2008, 07:50 AM   #7
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

Your pictures are showing now - some great pics there
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun
DLPdaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 10:13 AM   #8
Anne64
Mouseketeer

Glad you had such a great time

I'm sorry to hear about your addiction but at least you'll be amongst
friends

2008 Off-site: I-Drive (never again!)
2007 Caribbean Beach Resort
Anne64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 12:46 PM   #9
mommy2ash
Has a Pooh pushin' Ash
It looks like lucky nugget is a must
I am totally blaming emma

great trip report. wow that saturday sounds awful i dont do well with crowds.

Disneyland Paris October 2008 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris February 2009 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris November 2009 - Santa Fe/Sequoia Lodge
Disneyland Paris March 2010 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris October 2010 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris Feb 2011- Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris Oct 2011 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris Oct 2012 - Cheyenne
Disneyland Paris June 2013 - Santa Fe
mommy2ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 07:51 AM   #10
CityBlue
Nemo's Best Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2ash View Post
great trip report. wow that saturday sounds awful i dont do well with crowds.
It was awful, it kind of spoilt the day! I'll be very careful in future of what days I book!!!
Old 11-01-2008, 03:55 PM   #11
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

Lovely report and photos, glad to hear you're now as addicted as the rest of us!
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: