Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board > Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2008, 05:34 PM   #1
hildasmuriel
I'm a really really scaredy scaredy cat
Studies the insides of her eyes
Hilda's ChickenExit Muriel

The 'Exhilarating and getting better each time' Trip............................Day 5

Thursday 21 February

As usual Goofy woke us up very early “Howdy folks. Gawsh, sorry to bother you, but do you know what time it is? Time to rise and shine. We got a big day ahead of us”. Hmmmm – sometimes he’s just too cheery.
We had our breakfast, chucked our gear in the boot of the car and set off for our last day in the Park. The plan was to start EMH in Fantasyland today so we went round twice on Peter Pan before going on Pinocchio. Sad news next – Buzz was broken. No last day triumph over Zurg. Husband and Dtr went on Space Mountain, then Dtr went again….and again. Why that child doesn’t get sick more I don’t know.
We went back into Fantasyland and onto the Carousel then went into the castle to have a look around the Gallery upstairs. I love to listen to the suit of armour snoring. From the top of the Castle we went to the bottom and had a look at the dragon. When we came out we were surprised at how quiet Fantasyland had become. It was just about 10 o’clock and it seemed that all the people on EMH has gone to queue up elsewhere for rope drop. We went in the Seven Dwarfs shop and took a picture for the quiz.

and were able to walk on Snow White and then went over to POTC for 2 rides round. After this came Indiana Jones, Phantom Manor and BTM – meaning we were in the right place for our lunch at The Lucky Nugget. I reviewed this on the right thread. here are pictures f the hard-won character interaction.

Pinocchio not long after we started

Then these other 2 as we were finishing desserts.

After lunch we went into Fantasyland for a last ride on IASW, Casey Jr and LPDCDF. Husband and I sat having a hot drink while dtr went round the Labyrinth and then it was time to leave. We had lots of time to get to Calais and so we had decided to go to Auchan and Val d’Europe. We got as far as the toilets opposite City Hall before dtr’s sad face and my sinking feeling decided us – forget the shopping, let’s have another couple of hours in the Park.
We were back in Frontierland before you knew it – on Phantom Manor and then riding round on the Molly Brown.

On the way to IJ dtr met up with King Louie.

After IJ we went for one-last-really-the-last-this-time ride on POTC before strolling through Aladdin’s Passage and finally down Main Street and out of the Park. We decided to have one last drink in the Redwood Bar after getting our stuff from the safe (yes, we like to ring the last drop out of the holiday).
We could put it off no longer, we had to get on the road. The journey wasn’t nice, the traffic was heavy but at last we got to Calais, then Folkestone and an hour and a half after reaching the UK we were home.

Overall – this was another fantastic holiday. It makes me laugh when people ask if I won’t get bored going back so many times. NO – I DON’T. We noticed a definite increase in the size of the crowds from our previous February trips but to compensate for that every ride was open – no seasonal closures this year.
It was exhilarating and it really does get better each time.
Old 04-03-2008, 06:29 PM   #2
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

Oh, what a shame this is over.......still, only 4 more days and you're off again so that means another trippie!!!

Lovely photos I will be hotfooting it to the shop to see the little suit of armour ~ I've been in that shop lots of times but I've never noticed it! Time to go to Specsavers, me thinks!!
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-04-2008, 03:02 AM   #3
britchic4
There's often a piano player in the evening
Do you feel any different now you've been sprinkled with pixie dust?

I bet writing this is really nice preparation for your next trip! Great to read, and I'm definitely going to find the snoring armour in May!
Newport Bay Hotel 2004......Davy Crockett's Ranch Feb 2008......Les Etangs Fleuris May 2008......Disneyland Hotel Oct 2008......Holiday Inn December 2008......Disneyland Hotel March 2009......Adagio Apartments May 2009......Adagio Apartments Oct 2009......Cheyenne Hotel Jan 2010......Disneyland Hotel March 2010

No ticker!!! Sob sob.
britchic4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 05:32 AM   #4
Cazgal
Mouseketeer

Anotherfab trip report - thanks so much. Its lovely to see all the great photos you took .... can't wait now till we are there !
Old 10-28-2008, 03:17 PM   #5
sharon78
DIS Veteran

Thanks for sharing your trip, Ive enjoyed reading all about it, you also have some lovely photos.
Old 10-29-2008, 05:37 PM   #6
Anne64
Mouseketeer

As always, I luv your trippies and pictures - thanks for sharing

2008 Off-site: I-Drive (never again!)
2007 Caribbean Beach Resort
Anne64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 05:55 PM   #7
PJackson
DIS Veteran

Thanks for sharing again Hilda Can't wait to read your new trippie when you are back
DLH 30 Aug - 3 Sept 2009

No trip in planning - well there might be a small one....
PJackson is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: