Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-27-2008, 09:47 AM   #106
Zoom
DIS Veteran
 
Zoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 766

OK MOZART, Where are youuu? it's been almost a week now since you last posted, time to compete with ASHMAN's pre-TR!!!!
__________________
Disney Wonder/WDW May 03
Disney Magic Mexican Riviera June 05

Carnival Spirit Oct 06
WDW May/Oct 07
Disney Magic Western Car. Nov 08

Carnival Splendor June 09
RCI Mariner July '10
Disney Wonder Jan '11
Disney Magic Mediterranean June '11

Disney Aulani June '12
RCI Mariner Dec '12
RCI Allure Nov '13
Disney Fantasy Mar '14
Zoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 11:59 AM   #107
Mozart
There's one in every crowd...and it's usually me
 
Mozart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Upstate SC
Posts: 1,253

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom View Post
OK MOZART, Where are youuu? it's been almost a week now since you last posted, time to compete with ASHMAN's pre-TR!!!!
I was holding off on posting anything because I'm working on something right now that I thought would make a good update. I've got some other things to post about though anyway and will get those up later today.

I'm not going to try and compete with Ashman. His original trip report is the one that inspired me to write one of my own.
__________________
GR - 07/83, POFQ - 04/97, PC - 09/07, POFQ - 11/08, ASMo - 03/10
Wonder 3 Night - 02/07 - Life Stinks Season 1
Wonder 4 Night - 09/07 - Life Stinks Season 2
Magic 7 Night Eastern - 11/08 - Life Stinks Season 3
Wonder 3 Night - 04/10 - Life Stinks Season 4
10th Anniversary at Victoria and Albert's

Mozart is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-27-2008, 12:26 PM   #108
Zoom
DIS Veteran
 
Zoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 766

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozart View Post


I'm not going to try and compete with Ashman. His original trip report is the one that inspired me to write one of my own.
Oh there you go, I was gonna ask you about this because i'm trying to remember if it was you or Joel who was inspired by his writing. I agree he's good, don't be jealous now, i like reading yours too.

Can't wait for your update.... will you guys be at the meet n' greet on Sat?
__________________
Disney Wonder/WDW May 03
Disney Magic Mexican Riviera June 05

Carnival Spirit Oct 06
WDW May/Oct 07
Disney Magic Western Car. Nov 08

Carnival Splendor June 09
RCI Mariner July '10
Disney Wonder Jan '11
Disney Magic Mediterranean June '11

Disney Aulani June '12
RCI Mariner Dec '12
RCI Allure Nov '13
Disney Fantasy Mar '14
Zoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 01:05 PM   #109
Mozart
There's one in every crowd...and it's usually me
 
Mozart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Upstate SC
Posts: 1,253

Things continue to rumble along. Weíre in the single digits until we leave what is now the chilly Upstate of South Carolina for Florida. 9 days and 2 big projects at work to go and weíre on our way. This past Sunday was our official packing day. Miraculously, weíve gotten everything into 3 bags and 2 carry-ons. Granted, one suitcase is the size of a small elephant, but since weíre driving down we donít have to worry about baggage surcharges so we donít care. I have, officially, 3 more things to pack. Exactly 3. 1 Ė a dress belt which I need to wear to work some over the next week. 2-my cellphone charger. Canít pack that one yet for obvious reasons. 3-my glasses which I wear at night to give my eyes a break from contacts. Everything else is in a suitcase except for the clothes to go in the hanging bag. Weíve decided weíre going to leave those in the car and throw them in the bag when we get to the port. Hopefully that way they wonít get very wrinkled.

Made our final spa decisions over the weekend too. DW officially dropped the manicure. Sheís still deciding on the pedicure.

Iím still working on one little surprise for the trip and trying to hide it along with the Romance Escape at Sea package until we get onboard. Itís tough, though. My wife is a hawk when it comes to the money and she keeps detecting that something Iím saying just doesnít add up right. So far, Iíve been able to deflect it whenever she starts asking, but I donít know if Iíll be able to much longer. She really grilled me on Sunday. Apparently, I have a tell that sheís figured out whenever Iím not giving the whole truth. Thatís how she figured out that I was buying her a birthday gift last year even though we agreed not to exchange presents anymore.

Looks like EPCOT is going to be packed the day weíre there. Touring Plans has the day listed as a 8 with EPCOT a park to avoid. Iím not good with long lines, either. I donít have the patience for them, but it looks like Iím going to have to. I need my food and wine.

9 days. I can do thisÖ.
__________________
GR - 07/83, POFQ - 04/97, PC - 09/07, POFQ - 11/08, ASMo - 03/10
Wonder 3 Night - 02/07 - Life Stinks Season 1
Wonder 4 Night - 09/07 - Life Stinks Season 2
Magic 7 Night Eastern - 11/08 - Life Stinks Season 3
Wonder 3 Night - 04/10 - Life Stinks Season 4
10th Anniversary at Victoria and Albert's

Mozart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 04:28 PM   #110
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?
 
anewmac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Temecula, Ca
Posts: 2,689

there is a website that can forcast how long or packed the parks will be.. DO SHARE!!!!
__________________
Drea
anewmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 06:05 PM   #111
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!
 
Tink rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 18,095

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozart View Post


I was holding off on posting anything because I'm working on something right now that I thought would make a good update. I've got some other things to post about though anyway and will get those up later today.

I'm not going to try and compete with Ashman. His original trip report is the one that inspired me to write one of my own.
But do you look good in blue and yellow duct tape???


BTW... I think it's gonna be crowded because of Jersey Week... Sorry...(since I used to live there...)
__________________
'Tis the gift to be simple, 'tis the gift to be free,'tis the gift to come down where you ought to be, And when we find ourselves in the place just right, t'will be in the valley of love and delight.

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 06:47 PM   #112
Zoom
DIS Veteran
 
Zoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 766

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewmac View Post
there is a website that can forcast how long or packed the parks will be.. DO SHARE!!!!
Hi neighbor!!! here's the link http://www.touringplans.com/
__________________
Disney Wonder/WDW May 03
Disney Magic Mexican Riviera June 05

Carnival Spirit Oct 06
WDW May/Oct 07
Disney Magic Western Car. Nov 08

Carnival Splendor June 09
RCI Mariner July '10
Disney Wonder Jan '11
Disney Magic Mediterranean June '11

Disney Aulani June '12
RCI Mariner Dec '12
RCI Allure Nov '13
Disney Fantasy Mar '14
Zoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 10:29 AM   #113
Mozart
There's one in every crowd...and it's usually me
 
Mozart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Upstate SC
Posts: 1,253

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewmac View Post
there is a website that can forcast how long or packed the parks will be.. DO SHARE!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom View Post
Hi neighbor!!! here's the link http://www.touringplans.com/
That is a great website! They give you crowd estimates for the next 30 days for free, and 6 months if you pay for a membership or own the UG. Alot of people have said that during October they seem to be underestimating crowds by a good little bit, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post
But do you look good in blue and yellow duct tape???


BTW... I think it's gonna be crowded because of Jersey Week... Sorry...(since I used to live there...)
Jersey Week, the last weekend of the Food and Wine Festival, and I think it's Super Soaps Weekend too. On top of that, we're going to have to fight our way through the Kennedy Air Show traffic to get to the ship on Saturday morning. By the time we get to the boat, I'm going to be ready to get away from the crowds. Oh well, that's why we got a verandah.

As for the duct tape suit, that has got to be one of the most gaudy things I have ever seen in my life.
__________________
GR - 07/83, POFQ - 04/97, PC - 09/07, POFQ - 11/08, ASMo - 03/10
Wonder 3 Night - 02/07 - Life Stinks Season 1
Wonder 4 Night - 09/07 - Life Stinks Season 2
Magic 7 Night Eastern - 11/08 - Life Stinks Season 3
Wonder 3 Night - 04/10 - Life Stinks Season 4
10th Anniversary at Victoria and Albert's

Mozart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 02:25 PM   #114
Mozart
There's one in every crowd...and it's usually me
 
Mozart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Upstate SC
Posts: 1,253

Episode 8: The Perfect Gift

I can finally reveal the final surprise since it's now booked and paid for. You already know about the Romance Escape package and a day at the Food and Wine Festival. Iím really trying to outdo myself and spending way too much money in the process. The way I look at it though, weíve now got a day of wine at EPCOT, a bottle of wine waiting for us once we get onboard the ship at Palos, a bottle of champagne waiting in our stateroom, $350 in stateroom credits to blow on excursions, spa treatments, and more booze and weíre also going to be using the reward dollars from our Disney Visa card. So, weíre off to a good start. That should last us through the first day.

Maybe.

So now, for the finishing touchÖa basket from Shirley at The Perfect Gift. Itís going to include a second bottle of wine thatís paid for pre-cruise. I just have to figure out how to open it without paying a corkage fee. The really hard part is deciding what I want to put in the basket. Remember, Iím a male. Weíre not good at the whole surprise gift giving thing. And Shirley customizes each basket to fit the person. I just donít have the imagination to help her with that. Put a bottle of red wine in I said and a few wine glasses and do you have any other ideas? Those two things pretty much max out what I can come up with. Well, the lady at the other end of the line ran through about a hundred different ideas with meÖpretzels? Ghirardelli chocolates? Chocolate strawberries? Candles? (I think she didnít realize what she was saying on that one.)

Then she hit it. My wife had just mentioned it the night before. A nice tray of cheese and crackers. SCORE! So after I sent Shirley off in search of a bottle of Pinot Noir, I relaxed, knowing confidently that I have done one of two things. Either my wife is going to be thrilled with all the little touches Iíve put into this cruise, or sheís going to get mad at me and say Iíve spent too much money.

Iíll have the alcohol ready either way.
__________________
GR - 07/83, POFQ - 04/97, PC - 09/07, POFQ - 11/08, ASMo - 03/10
Wonder 3 Night - 02/07 - Life Stinks Season 1
Wonder 4 Night - 09/07 - Life Stinks Season 2
Magic 7 Night Eastern - 11/08 - Life Stinks Season 3
Wonder 3 Night - 04/10 - Life Stinks Season 4
10th Anniversary at Victoria and Albert's

Mozart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 05:02 PM   #115
MaryAz
DIS Veteran
 
MaryAz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 6,275

I think she will complain about the money but be thrilled. Thats what I would do anyway. And you will totally get points for all the effort!! Sounds so fun!
__________________
Me Dh: DD 10 DD 8
MaryAz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 07:56 PM   #116
Zoom
DIS Veteran
 
Zoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 766

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
I think she will complain about the money but be thrilled. Thats what I would do anyway. And you will totally get points for all the effort!! Sounds so fun!
Yeah I agree!

Mozart, i'm planning on bringing a wine opener, i'll have you borrow it. Few people reported taking wine opener in their luggage no problem.
__________________
Disney Wonder/WDW May 03
Disney Magic Mexican Riviera June 05

Carnival Spirit Oct 06
WDW May/Oct 07
Disney Magic Western Car. Nov 08

Carnival Splendor June 09
RCI Mariner July '10
Disney Wonder Jan '11
Disney Magic Mediterranean June '11

Disney Aulani June '12
RCI Mariner Dec '12
RCI Allure Nov '13
Disney Fantasy Mar '14
Zoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 08:16 PM   #117
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!
 
Tink rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 18,095

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
I can finally reveal the final surprise since it's now booked and paid for. You already know about the Romance Escape package and a day at the Food and Wine Festival. Iím really trying to outdo myself and spending way too much money in the process. The way I look at it though, weíve now got a day of wine at EPCOT, a bottle of wine waiting for us once we get onboard the ship at Palos, a bottle of champagne waiting in our stateroom, $350 in stateroom credits to blow on excursions, spa treatments, and more booze and weíre also going to be using the reward dollars from our Disney Visa card. So, weíre off to a good start. That should last us through the first day.

Maybe.

So now, for the finishing touchÖa basket from Shirley at The Perfect Gift. Itís going to include a second bottle of wine thatís paid for pre-cruise. I just have to figure out how to open it without paying a corkage fee. The really hard part is deciding what I want to put in the basket. Remember, Iím a male. Weíre not good at the whole surprise gift giving thing. And Shirley customizes each basket to fit the person. I just donít have the imagination to help her with that. Put a bottle of red wine in I said and a few wine glasses and do you have any other ideas? Those two things pretty much max out what I can come up with. Well, the lady at the other end of the line ran through about a hundred different ideas with meÖpretzels? Ghirardelli chocolates? Chocolate strawberries? Candles? (I think she didnít realize what she was saying on that one.)

Then she hit it. My wife had just mentioned it the night before. A nice tray of cheese and crackers. SCORE! So after I sent Shirley off in search of a bottle of Pinot Noir, I relaxed, knowing confidently that I have done one of two things. Either my wife is going to be thrilled with all the little touches Iíve put into this cruise, or sheís going to get mad at me and say Iíve spent too much money.

Iíll have the alcohol ready either way.
Very nice!!!

I hear if you ask the stateroom host for an opener it's a freebie from DCL...

We got around the corking fee by taking a glass of wine with us each to dinner each night...
__________________
'Tis the gift to be simple, 'tis the gift to be free,'tis the gift to come down where you ought to be, And when we find ourselves in the place just right, t'will be in the valley of love and delight.

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 10:29 PM   #118
anc22
DIS Veteran
 
anc22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Oregon
Posts: 571

What a nice surprise
__________________
Arin~
anc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 01:04 AM   #119
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?
 
anewmac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Temecula, Ca
Posts: 2,689

oh thats awesome. Ya like most women she will say you shouldnt have spent the money but inside she will be LOVING that you thought of this... can I give you E's email address LOL

good luck on getting away from the corkage fees we didnt have wine... just well concealed "water" (put rum in water bottles LOL) Servers must have thought we were nuts adding "water" to our sodas and oj every day LOL WHAT we like it "watered" down LOL
__________________
Drea
anewmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 10:17 AM   #120
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...
 
podsnel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Scotch Plains, NJ
Posts: 6,873

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
Things continue to rumble along. Weíre in the single digits until we leave what is now the chilly Upstate of South Carolina for Florida. 9 days and 2 big projects at work to go and weíre on our way. This past Sunday was our official packing day. Miraculously, weíve gotten everything into 3 bags and 2 carry-ons. Granted, one suitcase is the size of a small elephant, but since weíre driving down we donít have to worry about baggage surcharges so we donít care. I have, officially, 3 more things to pack. Exactly 3. 1 Ė a dress belt which I need to wear to work some over the next week. 2-my cellphone charger. Canít pack that one yet for obvious reasons. 3-my glasses which I wear at night to give my eyes a break from contacts. Everything else is in a suitcase except for the clothes to go in the hanging bag. Weíve decided weíre going to leave those in the car and throw them in the bag when we get to the port. Hopefully that way they wonít get very wrinkled.

Made our final spa decisions over the weekend too. DW officially dropped the manicure. Sheís still deciding on the pedicure.

Iím still working on one little surprise for the trip and trying to hide it along with the Romance Escape at Sea package until we get onboard. Itís tough, though. My wife is a hawk when it comes to the money and she keeps detecting that something Iím saying just doesnít add up right. So far, Iíve been able to deflect it whenever she starts asking, but I donít know if Iíll be able to much longer. She really grilled me on Sunday. Apparently, I have a tell that sheís figured out whenever Iím not giving the whole truth. Thatís how she figured out that I was buying her a birthday gift last year even though we agreed not to exchange presents anymore.

Looks like EPCOT is going to be packed the day weíre there. Touring Plans has the day listed as a 8 with EPCOT a park to avoid. Iím not good with long lines, either. I donít have the patience for them, but it looks like Iím going to have to. I need my food and wine.

9 days. I can do thisÖ.
I did the REAS, too, without telling DH about it- I actually got a prepaid Visa card to pay for it so it wouldn't be on our Visa bill- DH is a CPA, there are NO bills that get by unnoticed!! I don't even know if I'm going to tell him we have anything special....I may just let him think, "WOW! DCL is REALLY first class!!!

Just a heads up, though- they called and left a message on my answering machine this week, confirming our Palo res and the rainforest room along with thanking us for the REAS. If she gets to your messages before you, . I have the # to call back with ?'s about it- Moki at 877-566-0974 option 3.
Have a great trip- I know we will!

Ellen
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: