Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board > Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2008, 03:22 PM   #16
hildasmuriel
I'm a really really scaredy scaredy cat
Studies the insides of her eyes
Hilda's ChickenExit Muriel

Awww lovely. I'm so glad Mina got rewarded for her patience with some great character interaction.
Old 10-21-2008, 03:42 PM   #17
scampbunny
The most fab of surprises!
doesnt take much to set me off when its about dlrp
It's emma's fault

bless ur girls!!! mina looks like she enjoyed herself, and i do like hearing about patient children who are rewarded - bugs me so much about pushy children lol i found that if ur patient, the characters DO notice - goofy pushed ppl away when he saw ds1 had been waiting patiently, and jessie was the same too....

loving ur report - more more!!!

June 2008 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights Dec 2008 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights April 2009 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights
Oct 2010 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights June 2012 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights Sept 2012 - Day trip!!
Feb 2014 - Hotel Cheyenne 4 nights
scampbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-22-2008, 05:16 AM   #18
Demonica
Mouseketeer

Oct 14th - Day 3

Got up early again and went straight to breakfast. Because we were so knackered we thought we'd take the bus this time so walked out the front to find Mickey dressed up with almost nobody about. This time we were going to brave taking Skye round to see him, Steve stood at the exit ready to come and claim a screaming child. However Skye surprised us totally by yelling "Mickey!" and run forward arms outstretched, even beating Mina to him!

I was so happy and shocked that a tear almost came into my eye, sad huh?! After much hugging and photo taking we caught a mostly empty bus and got to the gates around 8am.

The park was so quiet and we ended up doing about 6 rides in under an hour. Me and Skye sat on "funny cups" for three rides in a row because noone else was about. We also had a look around some shops and found Cinderella's Coach.

We left the park to head for the studios, meeting Minnie was top of the list along with Stitch Live and a tentative thought about doing Tower of Terror. Minnie came out for a meet and greet around 10.15am. Skye had exactly the same reeaction and gave Minnie a huge cuddle. To be honest I'm pretty sure she thinks Minnie and Mickey are the same mouse, yet to understand the boy/girl thing.

After the Minnie meet we found Stitch Live and only had to wait 15mins for the English showing. It's fantastic fun isn't it?! It has to be a must-do if you haven't watched it before. Skye was in awe and we were in fits of laughter. It was all very clever and I'm not sure if we were relieved or sad that we weren't picked on! But I'll say no more about it.

From there we met some characters while Steve rode Rock n Rollercoaster. I would have tried it but am saving it for our Nov trip. We met Donald and Daisy Duck plus Dale in a fetching suit. We also queued for Sulley, he's gorgeous, he's massive, very cuddly. Unfortunately Skye was petrified of him and a nice couple behind were ready to take Mina's photo if I had to back off. In the end it was okay and Skye even went as far as touching his arm, he knew she was nervous so he stayed low down and didn't go "rar" at us like with some others.

Skye had a tantrum after that and Steve returned so he got her off to sleep and me and Mina went to brave TOT. The queue was about 30mins and Mina was very worried about it. At one point inside she looked up at me and said "mummy, I'm nearly crying with the fear". She can be a bit dramatic. I promise I didn't drag her on! Even I felt butterflies too. I'd gone on a similar fairground ride and hated it. Her face was like this for the last 15mins of queue.

Our cast member on it was really funny, he helped make the ride. We finished bouncing about and Mina looked at me and said she LOVED it and could we go again lol I liked it too, I was next to the wall of the lift and had a handle which I was grateful for! I'd def do it again.

We ate lunch at Annettes Diner. We had nachos (burnt, should have complained really as they weren't very nice) and burgers. The burgers are scrummy. No photos, we were so hungry I forgot - sorry!

Went back to the park and did some rides and watched the parade.

Skye was entranced by Ariel, I think I've passed on my love of mermaids to her because she liked the mermaids on Peter Pan ride and IASW.

We left early and stopped in the Disney Store in the Village and got a fridge magnet and some chocolate. We walked back to Cheyenne and I took a couple of photos at dusk.

In my opinion it really is the best hotel theme. We were in bed around 7:30pm - the early starts were taking their toll!
DLRP - 2008 October Cheyenne
DLRP - 2008 November Sequoia Lodge
DLRP - 2009 August Santa Fe
Demonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 07:05 AM   #19
scampbunny
The most fab of surprises!
doesnt take much to set me off when its about dlrp
It's emma's fault

excellent day 3!!!!!!!! am really gonna have to check out the front of the hotel when we go in dec, *** in june we just walked to the bus stop never goin near reception, so looks like we missed out - am guessin u were there about 7.30am ish???

so glad to hear skye loved mickey - i think if ds2 does that this time i WILL cry, as he wudnt go near any of the characters.....
fab pics again, and love the ones of the parade - makin me want to see halloween!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lovin ur reports - the children really 'make it' dont they??

June 2008 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights Dec 2008 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights April 2009 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights
Oct 2010 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights June 2012 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights Sept 2012 - Day trip!!
Feb 2014 - Hotel Cheyenne 4 nights
scampbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 07:22 AM   #20
DCLMan
DIS Veteran

We were there the same time as you, in the same hotel. We were in Jesse James. The weather was great for most of the 5 days.

Where did you find Cinderella's coach?
I-Drive 1993, I-Drive 1995, Maingate 1996, DLRP 2003, DLRP 2004, I-Drive 2006, DLRP 2008, DLRP 2008, DLRP 2009, I-Drive 2009 + 4 day Wonder cruise, DLRP 2010, I-Drive 2010, DLRP 2012, LBV 2012, I-Drive 2013, I-Drive 2014
DCLMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 07:26 AM   #21
Demonica
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scampbunny View Post
excellent day 3!!!!!!!! am really gonna have to check out the front of the hotel when we go in dec, *** in june we just walked to the bus stop never goin near reception, so looks like we missed out - am guessin u were there about 7.30am ish???

so glad to hear skye loved mickey - i think if ds2 does that this time i WILL cry, as he wudnt go near any of the characters.....
fab pics again, and love the ones of the parade - makin me want to see halloween!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lovin ur reports - the children really 'make it' dont they??
They def seem to add to the magic I think.. when they're behaving! lol

We saw the characters twice from 7:30am-ish. One morning they started coming out at 8am so we were at park gates then. There was usually a sign put out with meet and greet times on early in the day.

We actually missed the hotel characters last year until the very last morning because of taking the river walk each time. I assume every hotel has characters at breakfast??
Old 10-22-2008, 07:30 AM   #22
Demonica
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCLMan View Post
We were there the same time as you, in the same hotel. We were in Jesse James. The weather was great for most of the 5 days.

Where did you find Cinderella's coach?
I roamed Jesse James mistakenly thinking it was Soaring Eagle The coach is round by the Auberge de Cendrillon restaurant and easily missed if it's busy. You can't do anything with it but the girls thought it was pretty!
Old 10-22-2008, 12:06 PM   #23
Tillybud
DIS Veteran

wow, what an amazing trip you had and your photos are just lovely

We arrived at the Cheyenne on Wednesday and I do agree, the theme of the place really is lovely.

I'm impressed with all your early starts and how much you managed to fit in !

Looking forward to hearing some more x
Old 10-24-2008, 01:57 PM   #24
mandy5796
Mouseketeer

What a great trip report, your pictures are fab, and the girls are sooooooo cute, It looks like you had a great time.
Not sure we will be so lucky with the weather next week!!!!!

Disneyland Paris makes my Dreams come true

http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers...togggcs601.png
mandy5796 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 12:12 PM   #25
Anne64
Mouseketeer

What a lovely trip report. Bless Mina before going on the ToT - she was very brave and I'm glad she liked it

2008 Off-site: I-Drive (never again!)
2007 Caribbean Beach Resort
Anne64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: