Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2008, 03:03 PM   #1
Belle_princess
DIS Veteran

Lilo and Stitch visit the WORLD!-Thanksgiving/Birthday Disney trip!- Pre-Trip Report

This is my first pre-trip report. I've enjoyed reading everyone's PTR and TR that I wanted to contribute my own!

I will try my best to add everything I can, but since I'm a 'new' DISer, I can't do much yet. (I put new in quotation marks because I used to spend my life on the DIS about 4-5 years ago. Well, since then, I can't remember my old DIS name, so I had to start over!)

The Cast
Me- Lilo- I'm 29, but will be celebrating my birthday just 3 days before we leave. This trip is DH's birthday present!!! (more about awesome Dh later!) I've loved Disney as long as I can remember. When I was 13, my parents took me on my first WDW trip! I fell in love- with Disney and especially with animation! I was going to be an animator! I studied Disney and drew Disney for years. When I turned 16, I was dieing to work at the Disney Store at my neighborhood mall. Well, you had to be 18. The second I turned 18, I was there with my application in hand. I worked on and off for the Disney Store for 6 years (1 year in high school and 5 in college). I loved it, but I was spending my entire paycheck at the store. OOPS! My Disney obsession wore off as I changed jobs and got married. Now, it is back with the planning of this trip!

DH-Stitch- He is 31 and a big kid! He has never been to Disney. He is new to all of this. I think he thinks WDW is just for kids; it isn't really a place for adults. Well, I plan to show him a thing or two! He has been working for a year as to what special thing we could do for my 30th birthday. He finally suggested a trip to WDW. When I breathlessly said yes, he told me to take over and plan it! (Smart DH knows I LOVE trip planning!) Now, DH thinks I'm strange when I get giddy over WDW and our plans, but he is happy that I am happy!

sorry the pic isn't working

We met at church. We dated for a while, and then were married in March 2006. We have had our shares of ups and downs, but we always manage to get through!

As I've said, this is DH's first trip, and my fourth! This is my first trip at Christmas time. I can't wait to see all the decorations!

I'm looking forward to thie PTR and the TR following my trip!

Pre-Trip Report- Lilo and Stitch
The intro and cast- you are here
The When and the Where
ADRs and Itinerary
Itinerary #2
To MVMCP or not to MVMCP??
You Want What???
ADR and MVMCP drama
Guess what came in the mail??
ADR change- are you surprised??
The Magic Kingdom List
EPCOT List
Hollywood Studios List
Getting Ready!
Things Have Changed Again!
Animal Kingdom List
Downtown Disney List
Souvie List
One week from today-arrival!!!
Magic Kingdom
I'm out of here!!!

January 2015 Pre-Trip Report
All-Star Music- Girls' Trip 2010 Pre-Trip Report TR-not complete
Cornado Springs- Birthday Trip November 2008 Pre-Trip Report Never finished TR
Caribbean Beach- August 2002
All-Star Movies- College Graduation May 2002
Dixie Landings-July 1992

Last edited by Belle_princess; 11-24-2008 at 01:19 PM.
Old 10-21-2008, 03:16 PM   #2
Belle_princess
DIS Veteran

The When and the Where

So DH has offered to take me to Disney World for my 30th birthday! Yea!!! Now came the hassle of the plan. Well, we decided, since I work for an elementary school (no, not as a teacher- tried and failed- -God bless those than can teach! I work as a tech support! Each classroom has 7 computers, so I am here to keep them running!) that we had to go around Thanksgiving since I have some days off then.

I started to plan. Well, as I planned online, options kept disappearings- flights, hotel days, etc. I didn't know what to do, so I called Disney travel. As I was on the phone straightening things out, flights continued to disappear. The great CM on the other end worked tirelessly with me for a long time trying to get everything right. Finally, we decided we had to book if we wanted any hope at all!

Finally, with the great CM's help, I booked our trip:

We will leave Dallas at 4:45 on Tuesday, November 25 and arrive at Orlando around 8:00pm Florida time (7:00pm Dallas time). We will take the Magical Express to Coronado Springs Resort which we will call home for the next six nights. We have six day park hopper tickets. We will be leaving Monday, December 1 at 3:15 and arrive in Dallas around 5:00 (dallas time).

After the major things (lodging, tickets, and airfare) were booked, it was time for me to do my magic:

ADRs
Itinerary
To MVMCP or not to MVMCP?
Things that will make DH happy at the world
What to pack
Photolist

etc, etc, etc. . .

Stay tuned!

Dixie Landings-July 1992
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-22-2008, 10:34 AM   #3
Belle_princess
DIS Veteran

ADRs and Itinerary

I last left you with the long list of things I had to do now that our big stuff was booked.

DH Stitch heard about Marrakesh and wanted to eat there, so a definate ADR. I asked DH Stitch which character he wanted to see. Well, he doesn't know them well, so he just picked one: Pluto. Ok, great. I looked at all the character dinning that had Pluto and found O'Hannas! Great, it has Pluto and Mickey and Lilo and Stitch! Perfect!!!! I love Mickey and Lilo and Stitch!!!! I had to get an ADR for that. I also wanted to try and get reservations at Liberty Tree.

Ok, so some places we were certain we wanted to eat at. However, getting ADRs requires and itinerary which I didn't have yet.

I did research for EMH and park hours and created a trusty table. (For those of you who don't know me- I do A LOT on the computer. I'll make tables, spreadsheets, lists, charts for everything!) Ok, so with my trusty table of times in hand, I worked and worked on an itinerary.

DH Stitch loves animals, so he is excited to go to Animal Kingdom. (I don't have the heart to tell him that it certainly isn't my favorite park, but oh well. Let him make up his own mind!) I wanted to do AK first for him. I worked forever on the itinerary- trying hard to hit each park on EMH days and trying hard to fit everything in. DH Stitch knows little to nothing about Disney world, so he is cool with me doing all the planning!

Ok, Itinerary was:
Wednesda- AK
Thursday (Thanksgiving)- MK- Liberty Tree
Friday- Epcot- Marrakesh
Saturday- Epcot/HS- O'Hannas for breakfast
Sunday- HS/MK (and possibly stay for MVMCP)
Monday- AK and then home

I got that set and then forgot to work on it! I got caught up in other things in my life.

For some time, I didn't even think about it. Then, something reminded me that I really needed to make ADRs before it was too late.

Coming up: ADRs attempts and Itinerary #2

Dixie Landings-July 1992
Old 10-22-2008, 12:29 PM   #4
Belle_princess
DIS Veteran

Itinerary #2

After several weeks away from my planning, I returned to calculate the money thing- would there be enough for souvies or not?? I was in Disney Panic mood because I coudn't 'find' the money in our budget. Well, silly me, I forgot one of my paychecks that will come before we go! Phew! Ok! We are on track now! Money for food and souvies!

Time to make ADRs!

Well, I decided at work that I had to call for ADRs. I couldn't do it at work- not even on lunch because my cell phone gets NO bars in my cave. . er. . office! I decided to check out Disney information online during lunch. I found the DIS boards again(after a long absence), and started reading all the great threads about dates and crowds and what to expect. . .I discovered that everyone and their dog go to MK on Thanksgiving day! Oops! That was my plan, too! I found out that EMH days at the parks are packed! Oops! So much for Itinerary #1. There were definate changes that needed to be made!

Ok, so for the rest of that week, I worked on a new itinerary and times for ADRs.

Itinerary #2
WEdnesday-MK and Liberty Tree
Thursday (thanksgiving)- AK and possibly DTD
Friday- Epcot and Marrakesk
Saturday-Epcot and HS
Sunday- HS/MK (possibly staying for MVMCP)
Monday- AK or DTD and then home.

Dixie Landings-July 1992
Old 10-22-2008, 12:47 PM   #5
Belle_princess
DIS Veteran

To MVMCP or not to MVMCP??

Ok, the big question: do we want to spend the extra money to go to MVMCP on November 30? Well, at first, I was certain it was worth it. The more DH Stitch and I talked, the more I wasn't sure. After all, it was an extra $100 to stay and see snow on Main Street amoung other things. I just wasn't sure. Why go? The parks would be all dressed for Christmas, and we would have a great time at the parks without paying the extra money. Besides, what was there, a parade, a few extra shows, the regular rides (minus a few), and some free cookies and cocoa with the snow. Well, I couldn't decide.

I stumbled on a few MVMCP threads on the DIS. What did I find: for the most part people said the MVMCP was so worth the money for- if nothing else- getting your in the spirit of the holidays! Hmm. . .what is a Disney-freak to do? The more I read (and the more I've read since I got the tickets), the happier and more excited I am to attend.

So I called last Friday just to make sure we could get tickets for MVMCP!!!! Well, the CM said, let me look for the date you are interested in. Yes, there are tickets available. Let me get your information. He put all my information in and charged my card. Then he told me that a few restaurants offer extra seating to MVMCP ticket holders. Liberty Tree didn't have an early opening, but Tony's had a 7:05. SOLD! I took that not even thinking- I had no plans for meals that day, so that was fine!

While I was on the phone, the CM offered to check any other dinning places I wanted ADRs for. Ok. . I knew I had to make dinner before DH Stitch and I headed to church, but I had a few minutes. I checked with him for Liberty Tree on a different day. Score! It was open on Wednesday- our new MK day! Yeah! Dinner at Liberty Tree with Characters! Awesome!

Ok, let's try O'Hanna's. Nothing on any day we are going to be there. He said I could keep calling to check and be sure I call 48 hours ahead to be certain. What?? No Lilo and Stitch??? Ok, ok. Keep going!!

I managed to get the Marrakesh ressies for the day I wanted! Yes! Wait, it also comes with a seating voucher for the Candlelight Processional! Sweet! Totally cool!

I got off the phone thinking I had made great progress- no O'Hanna's, but the other ones were good!

But then DH Stitch asked. . . .

Dixie Landings-July 1992
Old 10-22-2008, 02:42 PM   #6
Belle_princess
DIS Veteran

You want what????

Where was I? Oh yes. . .DH Stitch asked. . .

After I'd made my ADRs, I thought I was doing good- all caught up! The next day, DH Stitch asked "where are we going to do Thanksgiving dinner? I want to eat turkey!" Oops! I hadn't planned on a Thanksgiving dinner. I thought we could skip it or eat at Raglan Road. Hmm, Irish food for Thanksgiving- I didn't think DH Stitch would be too big on that! Ok, here we go for another call to Disney Dinning!

I call Dining again to see which restaurants offer a traditional Thanksgiving meal on Turkey day. The CM gave me a list. We tried a couple, but they were all booked. Oh no! How will I get DH Stitch his turkey and fixin's?? "Let me check Kona's" the CM says. Yes, they have an opening! She gave me some times, and I chose 5:20! I asked her if "Traditional Thanksgiving Meal" really meant Turkey and stuffing, etc. She didn't know Can you believe that???? Oh well.

I told DH we had it all set up! Who-hoo! Phew- catastrophe avoided!

I hope Kona's is good for Thanksgiving!! I'm excited because I get to see the Poly! I've only vague images of the Poly from the monorail from my very first trip! Maybe no O'Hannas (yet), but, at least, we get to go there and eat once!

Stay tuned for more ADR and MVMCP drama!

Dixie Landings-July 1992
Old 10-23-2008, 10:31 AM   #7
Belle_princess
DIS Veteran

ADR and MVMCP drama

As a said a few updates back, I had 7:05 ressies for Tony's. I posted that one a MVMCP thread here and was told to cancel it because I was missing valuable party time. I thought hard about this, yes, she is probably right, but what if they don't have openings. I worried all the way from work!

I got home and called Disney Dinning immediately! No, they didn't have any earlier dinners at Tony's. Did they have lunch? The CM checked! YES!!! The latest lunch they had was 2:35! SOLD! Phew!

Now, I have lunch ressies and all the time for MVMCP!! Yeah!!

Ok, you are now caught up to all my planning. I will update later with things I have to do and lists of things I don't want to miss!

Only 33 more days!

Dixie Landings-July 1992
Old 10-23-2008, 05:04 PM   #8
vdarrell
DIS Veteran

Glad to hear your plans are coming together.
Especially glad to read that DH(Stitch) gets his Turkey dinner.
I too debated about MVMCP(because of the extra money) but read and saw so many wonderful pictures about it that I couldn't pass it up after all it is Disney and Christmas what more could we ask for.And how often can you do both. Hope you enjoy it.
Keep us posted to more of your plans.
Old 10-23-2008, 05:23 PM   #9
Belle_princess
DIS Veteran

Thanks, vdarrell. I'll probably post an update tomorrow.

Dixie Landings-July 1992
Old 10-23-2008, 06:35 PM   #10
Belle_princess
DIS Veteran

Not an update, but . . .

THe more I think about it, the more I wonder how we will ever get everything I want to do into our short trip!!! I know you can't do everything DIsney has to offer in 5 days, but I want to do some things. I'm afraid of the crowds and the time flying by!

I'm also feel my time to leave for Disney world will never come! I'm so excited I can hardly stand it, and as my ticker says, I still have a month! AHHHH

Oh well. My time will come! In the mean time, I still have tons of work to do!

Kristin

Dixie Landings-July 1992
Old 10-23-2008, 06:35 PM   #11
vdarrell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle_princess View Post
Thanks, vdarrell. I'll probably post an update tomorrow.
NO,NO, NOT TOMORROW... NOW, I WANT TO READ ONE NOW.okay tantrum over I quess I can wait till tomorrow.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:34 PM   #12
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

I'm here! I'm caught up!

Where is the thread for MVMCP!?!? I must see!

I felt that way before our trip too. There was no way we could fit everything in and we didn't but we had a great time. That's all that counts!
Old 10-23-2008, 08:31 PM   #13
Belle_princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Where is the thread for MVMCP!?!? I must see!
Just do a search for MVMCP. You'll find tons. I read several about it and how much fun adults have to. They all said it was so magical and really gets you in the spirit of the holidays!

Dixie Landings-July 1992
Old 10-24-2008, 02:02 PM   #14
Belle_princess
DIS Veteran

Guess what came in the mail??

Guess what came in the mail:

TRAVEL PAPERWORK!!!!!!!!!!

It is so official now! I checked, and everything looks right- all times, dates, hotel stuff, et! I can hardly believe it. Only 32 days!

Ok, on with the PTR. I've been working on my trip organizer. It is a pocket folder thing I found at WM. I added stickers (i had tons left from my last trip. I thought I'd use them for scrapbooking- hah! yeah right!) Anyway, I finished that today. Now, I just need to add any travel information and other tips sheets, etc for each park.

I'm working on creating lists of must sees at the parks. I haven't finished, but as soon as I do, I'll put them up here!

I finished my LGMH! As soon as I scan it and get it posted, it will be here, too! Yeah!

NOt too much else going on for our trip. I'm trying to decide one thing though: if I cancel my Cape May ADR that I have, that will give us 2 table dinners left on our DDP. Should I just leave them unbooked and we can decide when we get there (my only worry is the mess with ADRs, we might not get anything!) or should I go ahead and schedule more ADRs and we can cancel them if we decide to? - - > if you go with option two, where would you suggest we eat? I'm leaning toward Boma, Bistro de Paris (is this one included in the DDP?), Le Celliar, Biergarten, Coral Reef, or Sci-Fi Dinner Theater. What do you suggest? Do you have any other favorites I haven't considered?

Oh, I forgot: I did figure out how to get everything in during my stay. I was really worried about getting DTD in with enough time to shop and an additional half a day at EPCOT (if for nothing else, for photography). I wasn't sure how I was going to work it all in. This is what I figured out:

Nov. 26 MK (4:55 at LTT)
Nov. 27(t-day)- AK, 5:20 at Kona's, DTD (at least 3 hours of shopping- should be enough!)
Nov. 28- EPCOT (5:15 at Marrakesh with 8:15 Candlelight)
Nov. 29- HS (have the 9:05 Cape May I will cancel)
Nov. 30- Epcot, take monorail to MK, 2:35 at Tony's and then stay for MVMCP!! (yeah, baby!)
Dec. 1- catch up day- do what we want (we only have until about noon or so, but we could certainly go to one park and ride a few last rides or over to DTD to buy that last souvie!!!!)

There, I think that will make the perfect trip!! I hope Stitch isn't expecting time to rest or a relaxing vacation. Oh well. This is MY birthday trip, so we will do it MY way- which is get up semi-early (not as early as we do for work!) go all day and then crash at night! WOO-HOO!! The only way to do Disney!!!!

One more thing: I'm looking for cute ways to get Stitch excited for the trip! Anyone have any good ideas? He's excited that I'm excited, but I was trying to think of something cool to get him in the Magic mood.

Thanks for following along. I'll be back soon!

Dixie Landings-July 1992
Old 10-24-2008, 05:48 PM   #15
Belle_princess
DIS Veteran

ADR change- are you surprised?

Ok, I did cancel my Cape May Breakfast. In its place, I put the Chefs de France for lunch on Friday, Nov. 28. I figured I take it and then I could cancel it later if I want. I just thought it would be nice to try different places for food! I've never had Chefs de France, so this will be new. Most of the ADRs I have are places I've eaten (LTT, Tony's, and Marakesh)- not that I'm complaining- I just like to try new foods-especially at the World!

Oh, my MVMCP tickets showed up in the mail today! WOO-HOO! The CM I ordered them from last week said allow 7-10 business days, so I didn't expect them until next week. They aren't very holiday-esque, but if they get me in, I don't care!!

I'm still working on my lists. I'll keep you posted!

ETA: I just called and got dinner ressies at Boma at AKL! WOW! Can you believe they had openings! Oh, I'm so excited. We will get to eat and then go back to HS for Fantasmic and the Osbourne Lights!! Yea!!!!!

Dixie Landings-July 1992

Last edited by Belle_princess; 10-24-2008 at 06:28 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: