Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2008, 06:22 PM   #196
MickeyMomOfThree
DIS Veteran

I didn't mean to imply that I was happy he'd be in a cast, just that if he has to be, why not make the best of it. Years ago (as a kid) I saw a kid with a broken leg getting the cast signed by the characters. I thought it was cool (as a kid), and always remember that. I guess that is why I am ready to do this, figured the kids would get a kick out of it, I bet yours did!

Looking forward to reading more...
I Always wanted A Family and Now I Have A Great One!!!! Many Trips As A Kid Made Me Want To Have Many Trips as A Mom --- Now I'm Doing Just That --- Thanks hubby For Great Kids, a Great Family, and GREAT DISNEY VACATIONS!!! Married 17 Years and Counting ...
**SOG 10/97**ASSp 2/00**ASMu 3/01** ASMo 11/02**ASMo 11/04**ASSp 11/06**ASSp 11/08**ASSp 11/10**And some off property trips mixed in**
**Dreaming of 11/12 Or sooner if we win the lottery before that! **

Don't be Grumpy , be Happy , even if it makes you a little Sleepy DQC

Please see the Hidden Mickey for Haiti thread
Old 10-17-2008, 07:11 PM   #197
izzyzoeybear
Mouseketeer

I just love the pic of your girls with tinkerbell in their hands. Gonna have to get my DD to pose for one of those on our photopass! As for the flip flop..It must be a girl thing..My DD would have wanted the old back plus a new pair from WDW....it is a shoe thing..
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post27942346
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-17-2008, 09:03 PM   #198
Me&3
DIS Veteran

Great pics good job dh with the flip flop . We have never done hdr maybe someday we will. maybe
Old 10-17-2008, 10:56 PM   #199
cdotla
Trish

ANother great update!!! Can't wait for more!
Old 10-18-2008, 06:23 PM   #200
pmama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyReeds View Post
I'm enjoying your trip report--we took our first trip last January (I too felt a little guilty taking the kids out of school, but it was so worth going at a slow time!) and we so badly want to go back!! I am an elementary school teacher who is currently substitute teaching Sometimes I take jobs I really don't want just to save up money in the vacation account! Unfortunately, we had to put a new roof on our house, so our next trip is probably a while off! I'm really enjoying visiting the world through you and your family's eyes!
Yes, subbing is a great way to save up extra money! It's great you had that saved up for your roof though. Thanks for "visiting the world through our family's eyes".

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMomOfThree View Post
I didn't mean to imply that I was happy he'd be in a cast, just that if he has to be, why not make the best of it. Years ago (as a kid) I saw a kid with a broken leg getting the cast signed by the characters. I thought it was cool (as a kid), and always remember that. I guess that is why I am ready to do this, figured the kids would get a kick out of it, I bet yours did!

Looking forward to reading more...
Well of course! I think that is a great way to make the best out of the situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzyzoeybear View Post
I just love the pic of your girls with tinkerbell in their hands. Gonna have to get my DD to pose for one of those on our photopass! As for the flip flop..It must be a girl thing..My DD would have wanted the old back plus a new pair from WDW....it is a shoe thing..
True, girls do love their shoes. We did end up buying her some Disney crocks a little later in the trip because her flip flops kept coming off and she didn't want to wear tennies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me&3 View Post
Great pics good job dh with the flip flop . We have never done hdr maybe someday we will. maybe
It's always good to try thing out for yourself. Everyone's different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdotla View Post
ANother great update!!! Can't wait for more!
Thanks so much for sticking around cdotla.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:43 AM   #201
pmama
DIS Veteran

Princess Lunch at Epcot

One thing I forgot to mention was the headache poor DH had to go through to go back and get our HDDR tickets. We parted ways a little before 3 p.m. and he had a terrible time trying to get out of the park because of the parade. So, between leaving the park and the bus wait he did not make it back to POP until 3:55. We were supposed to meet at 4:20 at the boat dock. So, after running to get the tickets he asked for a cab. We never take a cab anywhere in WDW so he didn’t realize that he wouldn’t be taken straight to MK. Poor DH paid $15 for the taxi ride and was dropped of at the Ticket Transportation Center. So, thus another wait for monorail before he finally made it to the boat dock. Poor thing. Then he had to wait stressfully at the boat dock. Evidently DH was not just a superhero for rescuing the poor flip flop but also for rescuing the HDDR tickets.

Also, sorry I was mistaken when I gave a teaser as to where we’d be for the next installment. I was a day ahead of myself. So, I’ll leave you to continue guessing where we’ll end up the next day and let you know that today it was BACK TO EPCOT!

Last night had been a pretty late night for us since we stayed for the 10 p.m. Wishes. We definitely wanted to let the girls sleep as long as they needed so we could enjoy our 2nd day at Epcot. I woke up about 7 a.m. and decided to take another “me-time” stroll around the Resort. After getting coffee I decided to walk around and check out more of the different themed buildings. I found the play ground by the 70s buildings, the Goofy (water out of ground) area and the kiddie pool. I had plans to show these to the girls some time but they never did play in any of them. The Hippy Dippy Pool and bowling pin pool were plenty for them. What struck me this morning was how cranky a lot of families seemed already. One young child was throwing a huge fit in the pool and his mother kept yelling at him to behave. Another poor dad was pushing his young daughter in a stroller while carrying a tray of breakfast food w/ his young son (about 5) carrying a tray behind him. The dad seemed very stressed and kept turning and yelling at the 5 year old to hurry up. It did not look hopeful because the poor boy had a chocolate milk on his tray that was on it’s side and rolling from one side to the other. I noted how it was sad how stressful they were strarting the morning and sure enough when I got about ½ a football field away I heard a yell “NO” and turned in time to see the boy dropping the tray and the dad jerking him up by the arm. While this was sad it definitely made me count our blessings for how calm our family had been on this trip (for the most part).

Today we were in line for the bus by 10 a.m. We were in no hurry as we had already seen a good chunk of Epcot on our first day. The girls were dressed up a little princesses in expectation of going to Akershus. We’d never been there before. DD4 was especially excited to see her all time favorite Ariel!

When we arrived we still had a couple of hours before our lunch ressies. We stopped at entrance for these cute photo pass pictures.

We were impressed w/ this photographer. He even took a few more pictures of the girls from different angles. It’s great when you get ones who take more time and pay attention to details!

DH first suggested Test Track again but the girls and I did not want their hair getting messed up before dining w/ the princesses. (BTW I was daily getting slightly more movement in my right arm and was able to help a little with hair today.) DH pulled up DD7’s hair and I did bun. I did DD4’s little mini bun updo w/ tierra. As long as they kept there head w/in reach I was able to do minor things. I can’t remember for sure if we did anything else but I know DD7 wanted to ride Living of the Land so DH took her while DD4 and I did Soarin just the two of us. DD7 had braved Soarin our first day and was not willing to do it again. There was definitely more wait than or first day here but nothing too terrible and we enjoyed our ride. DH and DD7 were kinda ho hum about their attraction. (DD4 and I had done it last year so we knew what it was like).

A little before lunch I took the girls to the restroom and DD4 put on her Ariel dress, both girls put on a little eye shadow and lip gloss (from BBB last year) and we were off to meet the princesses at Akhersus.

While we enjoyed this meal quite a bit I do have one complaint. They have no waiting area inside the restaurant so everyone must wait outside in the heat w/ absolutely no shaded areas. We waited about 10 minutes and it was HOT. Everyone around us seemed miserably hot. When we first were trying to check in the line was not moving. DH finally realized people were standing in the check in line for shade. He had to go tell a CM so that we could get through to check in. The girls were able to sit on a bit of curb in the bushes to get a little shade. It was super hot. I at one point stood on top of the curb up against the pokey bushes to get some shade. Thank goodness the wait wasn’t any longer than it was.

Once we entered we were immediately able to meet Belle and get a picture with her. What a pretty gown! I have the picture we received and will try to scan it later.

We were then seated and allowed to go get our own salad from the salad bar. I always was glad when I got salad since they took appetizers off of the regular dining plan.

The characters all came pretty fast toward the beginning. First up was DD4 favorite. We were glad we got to see Ariel during lunch because last year the longest line we stood in was to see Ariel in the Grotto. Literally about 1 ½ hours. Thankfully, DD4 was just fine with meeting Ariel w/ legs! She talked in a cute girly voice like Ariel. Notice DD4 wearing her Ariel costume.

Next up was Jasmine. My girls are not too familiar w/ Jasmine as they have not seen the movie Aladdin. We tried to find it to rent before coming but could not find it. DD7 told Jasmine she doesn’t really know her very well but Jasmine was very polite.
The girls saw Jasmine a few times this trip and have grown to love her even w/o having seen the movie.

Next was Aurora. DD7 pointed out that she was wearing a shirt w/ Sleeping Beauty. Aurora said, “Oh, now I get to go everywhere w/ you. Where are we going next?”

And finally the Royal Princess herself ….. Cinderella. Wow, I didn’t realize what a great group of Princesses we’d see here.

The plate of 3 different desserts were not only pretty but they were all good! It was a great meal.

Up Next: World Showcase in the heat.

Last edited by pmama; 10-22-2008 at 03:24 PM.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:53 AM   #202
thecapells
Disney Dad

Where did you get those great Mickey World Showcase pins?
Old 10-20-2008, 10:57 AM   #203
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Love the latest update and I was going to ask you about the girls hair....it looked SO pretty!! You did a GREAT job!! And I love the individual shots of the girls in front of Spaceship earth..very cute!!
Old 10-20-2008, 12:42 PM   #204
katiebug86
DIS Veteran

Oh no your kid's haven't seen Aladdin. Sorry that's just one of my favorites! I saw it on the Disney Channel one night last week so you might be able to catch it on there.
Old 10-20-2008, 12:47 PM   #205
Shell54
DIS Veteran

Great update.our next visit I want to hit Akershus for breakfast or lunch. I like the princesses myself Keep the updates coming

Disney Magic 8/12

Old 10-20-2008, 01:14 PM   #206
OneTreeHillAddict
CNC Photography of Myrtle Beach, SC

Those are some great Epcot pictures. Once in a while you will find a good photopass person like that who takes the time to do the extras that make all the difference! You guys had like the dream selection of Princesses in Norway! I've only seen Ariel one time. Ya know...we actually had those same exact princesses the first time we ever had dinner there but Belle was in her blue and white dress and Mary Poppins was there as well. At the time we were on a mission to meet yellow Belle.

Are you putting up pics of your DD's party? I just added some last night....and some video too. Check it out.

Loved the update....can't wait to read all bout World Showcase!
Old 10-20-2008, 01:24 PM   #207
tmkinney
DIS Veteran

Great update! How lucky that Cinderella was there too! Really cute pics!

Old 10-20-2008, 08:56 PM   #208
pmama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecapells View Post
Where did you get those great Mickey World Showcase pins?
The pins actually came with the passports we purchased for the girls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess&her4princes View Post
Love the latest update and I was going to ask you about the girls hair....it looked SO pretty!! You did a GREAT job!! And I love the individual shots of the girls in front of Spaceship earth..very cute!!
Thanks, yes I think their hair was not too bad considering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiebug86 View Post
Oh no your kid's haven't seen Aladdin. Sorry that's just one of my favorites! I saw it on the Disney Channel one night last week so you might be able to catch it on there.
Yes we will definitely have to see it before we go back. DD7 may have seen it when she was little but does not remember.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell54 View Post
Great update.our next visit I want to hit Akershus for breakfast or lunch. I like the princesses myself Keep the updates coming
Yep, Akershus had a great group of princesses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTreeHillAddict View Post
Those are some great Epcot pictures. Once in a while you will find a good photopass person like that who takes the time to do the extras that make all the difference! You guys had like the dream selection of Princesses in Norway! I've only seen Ariel one time. Ya know...we actually had those same exact princesses the first time we ever had dinner there but Belle was in her blue and white dress and Mary Poppins was there as well. At the time we were on a mission to meet yellow Belle.

Are you putting up pics of your DD's party? I just added some last night....and some video too. Check it out.

Loved the update....can't wait to read all bout World Showcase!
Yes, I am sooooo glad Ariel was there. Otherwise we would had to stand in line at the grotto again. Looks like your DD had a good birthday. Great job decorating for the party!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmkinney View Post
Great update! How lucky that Cinderella was there too! Really cute pics!

Yep, we hit the jackpot w/ princesses.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:46 PM   #209
OneTreeHillAddict
CNC Photography of Myrtle Beach, SC

Thanks! You should add pics of your DD's party too. Our girls are one year apart. I bet they'd get along really well. You think?
Old 10-21-2008, 01:05 AM   #210
SunnieRN
DIS Veteran

I'm enjoying your trip report so much! Your famuly is gorgeous and I have really enjoyed all the pictures you've shared, I'm looking forward to reading more.
When we got in line to meet Mickey and Minnie it took about 45 min. I kept thinking to myself that I hoped they would be sweet to my grandsons. (It was the first time they had ever met a character.) Minnie immediately bent down and gave my grandson a huge hug and then Mickey followed suit. They were so very sweet! My grandson had on one of his Mickey shirts and I had on a Minnie shirt. They both took a strong notice of our shirts. They pointed to my grandson and Mickey then blew him kisses. Minnie then took my grandson by the hand and led him to the corner and started giving him all kinds of kisses. So sweet!
The next day when we got dressed my grandson cried because his Mickey shirt was dirty. Then when he saw that I wasn't wearing Minnie, he cried again. He was convinced that Mickey would be sad if we d9dn't have our shirts on. We washed the shirts that night and he of course had to wear it again the next day! (He's 3)
That, and riding with the monorail driver were the highlights of his trip!

Thanks eandesmom!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: