Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board > Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2008, 03:45 PM   #1
cap'njack.
Totally in love with Lisa_C

Dribble Monkeys 1st Trip to DLRP - Day Two

Dribble Monkeys 1st Trip to DLRP

5th-10th October 2008

Day 2 - Monday 6th October 2008

Beep...Beep...Beep...Only 6.30am and the phone alarm is already going off! We had decided to make the best use of the EMH and the advantage that we had of being right inside the magic but with only 7 hours sleep it was definatly seeming like a bad idea! Dressed and with the car re-packed by 7.15 it was down to reception to check out and then on to our breakfast appointment at 7.45. As we were checking out who should walk through the hotel but the main Mouse!

Kacee almost passed out with happiness and we managed to get a quick photo for what would turn out to be the first of many meetings with Mickey, none of which were really planned, we were really lucky with meeting characters on this holiday and always seemed to be the characters last child before going back, I think they really enjoyed Kacee playing with them...anyway I digress.Breakfast was rather empty when we arrived but seemed to get rather busy towards 8am. I'd seriously advise getting the earliest or the lates breakfast possible.

Full of food, well Ellie and I were, Kacee was too excited to eat properly and it was off in the car to the Hotel New York which would be our car's home for the next five days and we were at the gates by 8.10am, only 10 minutes after we had hoped for!EMH was brilliant and it was really amazing for Kacee, after strolling down Main Street and taking pictures of everything

it was on to the Carousel for our first ride of the day. After a quick ride on the Carousel we made our way to Dumbo and then on to the teacups. This was to become something of a morning ritual for us! We then headed to Discoveryland and tried Kacee on Buzz Lightyears Lazer Blast which he absoluty hated every second of, however it would be a different story come Wednesday.

EMH over and it was off to Casey's corner for a quick morning snack for the hungry, pregnant wife. While leaving Discoveryland we came across an English family having an altercation with a CM, apparently they were not entitled to have the EMH however they couldn't understand why. I have to say that I was rather mean here and I decided just for the fun to enter Discoveryland using my Dream Pass just to show that I could. Wifey full again we crossed over to the Studios

for opening time and managed to meet Mickey Mouse again, we then did Cars and Flying Carpets before having a quick stroll around the Studio's.

I have to say that I am amazed at how much this park has come on over the past four years, it really is becoming a good little park in it's own right and the placemaking seems to have made a massive difference. I also noticed that the Studios was far busier than it was four years ago which can only be a good sign.*Kacee decided that it was nap time which gave me time to run off and do the Rockin Roller Coaster and then it was off to Disney Village for a spot of window shopping. With Kacee now awake and the time rapidly approaching 2pm it was over to McDonalds for lunch and it really seemed to perk Kacee back up again.Unfortunatly it was now geting on for 3pm and time to go off and find the Campsite, this was actually found with relative ease thanks to the Sat Nav, checked into the campsite which we were relativly dissapointed with to be honest however when it has only cost £39 for 4 nights it doesn't really make sence to complain too much

We had decided to go back to the Parks for Candleabration after unpacking and thought that we would try and find the toll-free route, this was a massive mistake as the road was actually closed and after an hour of driving round the backroads we finally found the campsite again, got back to the Hotel New York around 6.30 and ran through the Village back to the main park in time for Candleabration

(which we actually found a little dissapointing) and a quick dinner from Casey's while watching the show. We arrived back to the Shack at around half nine and collapsed into bed, dreading the alarm sounding the following morning
Old 10-12-2008, 04:07 PM   #2
Bolanette87
The Queen Bee
I change my mind more often than my knickers
You have made this little dipstick very happy today!

Shame you weren't too impressed with the Campsite mate....

....Love the first ever pic of Kacee with Mouse!

Bob xoxoxox
Register to remove

Old 10-12-2008, 04:36 PM   #3
Cyrano

Disney VIP
Anyone for haggis
Aren't we all a cagey lot

DISboards Moderator

Shame that your second home of the trip was not what you were hoping for.

Anyway, looks like you and Kacee had a great WDS day

Theme Park Attractions & Strategies board
20 nights Disney and Universal July 2015
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.
Cyrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 04:47 PM   #4
BRobson
Beavers is a dangerous place to be
I will just have to enjoy Food and Wine and skip the running

Great day Sorry you were not impressed with the campsite

BRobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 05:07 AM   #5
MrsTigger
DLRP board....guaranteed to make you smile!
I keep thinking.. who’s that!!
Just thought I'd come and say hello

Great day, shame you didnt like the campsite... We watched Candleabration on the Sunday night but didnt get the flags etc

MrsTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 01:14 PM   #6
FiFi Rose
The last time we didn't even get slippers
I'm so computer literate
I seem to catch everything!

Looks like you had a good day. Pity about the camp site I have to agree with you about the candleabration. Much prefer the fantillusion parades they do in summer. Didn't know I could use the dream pass to get into discoveryland only bought them while we were there and obviously didn't translate the french info very well
FiFi Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 01:52 PM   #7
PJackson
DIS Veteran

Great pics again! I too was disappointed with Candleabration tbh - think part of it was the lighting - I'm sure it would be spectacular in the dark.

Sorry to hear about the campsite although it looked Ok from the outside
DLH 30 Aug - 3 Sept 2009

No trip in planning - well there might be a small one....
PJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 04:44 AM   #8
tennisfan
Was told off for sliding down the banister at the SL
South Africa or California for me
Popped to the Boots

DISboards Moderator

Shame about the campsite, another great day apart from that Kacee looked like he was enjoying himself

Trips:
DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, October, 1994, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 1998, DLRP - Hotel New York, June, 1999, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 1999, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 2000, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 2001, Walt Disney Studios preview, February, 2002, DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, August, 2002, New York City, Easter 2004, DLRP - Hotel New York, August, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, November, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, September, 2005, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, Easter 2007, DLRP - Kyriad, June 2007 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2009 DLRP - Day trip, November 2009 New York City, February 2010 DLRP - Disneyland Hotel, June 2010 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, September 2010 Stratosphere Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010 DLRP - Day trip, January 2011, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, August 2011, DLRP - Day trip, January 2012, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2012, DLRP - Santa Fe, November 2012,
tennisfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 05:12 PM   #9
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

I love the foggy photo where you can't see the castle.
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: