Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board > Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2008, 03:26 PM   #1
hildasmuriel
I'm a really really scaredy scaredy cat
Studies the insides of her eyes
Hilda's ChickenExit Muriel

What time is it? Summertime.....it's our vacation.....Day 3

Monday 18 August - be warned it's long and there are lots of photos

We all woke up nice and early today. Yay - after our first night inside our Cabin. We sent a scout out to get breakfast from the ‘shack’ while the rest of us got ready and then we all set off for the HNY. We left all the drinks, spreads and baguette in the car and just took the croissants and brioches with us. We ate those as we strolled through the Village in the early morning sunlight. We had to remind ourselves that at home it was only 6.50 a.m. and here we were out and about in our t-shirts.

We were pleased to find that Buzz was working today so we went round for 2 goes. It was getting quite competitive by now, with lots of claims of ‘guns not working’. It was nice to go on while it was so empty which meant we didn’t share our XP41s. Otherwise there were allegations of certain people spinning round just as the other occupant was about to hit a high scoring target.

The Intrepid Three went for 2 goes on Space Mountain and then Son went on his first ever go on Orbitron. This is the first time he has been since EMH have been operating and the queues are just too long during normal Park hours. He was surprised how much more shaky than Dumbo or the Flying Carpets it seemed.

We had to have another go on Buzz then before walking back through Fantasyland where Husband and Dtr had their usual dance to the Italian music.

We had a ride on Pinocchio, a little sit in the morning sun

and lined up ready for POTC at rope-drop. The CM at the rope was a real star, singing lines from songs and trying to guess where we were all from by calling out “Bon Jour” followed by “Good Morning” then “Guten Tag” then “Buongiorno” ( I didn’t hear a “Bore da” so perhaps Welsh isn’t one of his languages!)
Next he pretended the rope was a tug of war rope and got some people to help him pull on it. Before long the people on the other side of the rope joined in so there was a real tug of war going on. It certainly passed the time until 10 o’clock.

After Pirates we went up to Indiana Jones for the brave in our party to ride several times in a row as there were hardly any queues. We went to Colonel Hathis for our meet with Ware Bears and family but then Dtr saw Peter Pan walk right past us on his way to Adventure Isle, so he told her to come along with him for a photo. She loved strolling through the Park with Peter Pan chatting to her, asking her where she was from “Oh, near London, that’s where my friend Wendy lives” etc.

Back at Colonel Hathis we had a chat and exchange of croc. I was dying to tell Elaine about our planned stay at the DLH, but as Dtr didn’t know at this stage I had to content myself with a lot of eye rolling and nods when Elaine asked when our next trip would be!

After saying goodbye to the Ware Bears clan (although I was to bump into them later in Frontierland shops) we left the Park and set off to Val d’Europe to stock up on some goodies at Auchan. I wish I could tell you what the shops are like but I can’t as I was more or less frogmarched past them all by the family. I have a bit of a reputation as a shopaholic and they are not interested, so they made sure I couldn’t get a good glimpse at things. There was a bit of a worry while queuing at the checkout as the sign said that non-French customers must provide ID if paying by credit card. We had no passports on us and our driving licenses are the old paper sort without a photo. So I was wondering if I would have to put some shopping back as I didn’t have many Euros on me. Fortunately Son had all his spendies on him and lent us some. Comes to something when you have borrow money off your children to buy a few scraps of food!

Anyway back at the Ranch, we had a bit of a relax and then went down to the swimming pool - what a great pool it is. I was surprised at how quiet it was at the time of day - the pool was more or less empty. I expected more people to avoid the Park in the middle of the day, but they certainly weren’t hanging out at the Ranch.

We drove back to HNY to get back to the Park in time for our meal at Walts at 5.30. It was a superb meal with a lovely waiter and we all left there in very high spirits.

We went for 2 trips round on POTC then went into FantasyLand for a ride on Casey Jr and Snow White. I thought the castle looked lovely in the evening sun.

We went in Phantom Manor and once again noticed how clearly you could see the groom hanging in the stretch room. This was never clear to me before this visit. My son was sharing my doom buggy and waited until a really dark bit of the ride to put his face very close to mine, just staring, saying nothing, so as we came into a lighter part of the ride, it made me jump! Horrid boy.

After this they all rode Indiana Jones - I queued up of course

..but there was no way I was riding. Then the others decided to go round a few times on BTM in the dark while I decided to go and get a better view of Fantillusion than I had the night before.

Again I loved the fact that it was gone 10 at night and was a lovely balmy evening with no need for jackets. Which was just as well as Dtr had left her jacket at Colonel Hathis earlier in the day and it was never seen again.

We all watched Candleabration and the Fireworks before heading back to the car and the Ranch. Another lovely lovely day in our special place.
Old 09-21-2008, 03:36 PM   #2
Dianetigger
May have to give the corkboard one a try myself!
Well I took the plunge today

Wow, this is fantastic reading, love your pictures.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-21-2008, 03:41 PM   #3
hildasmuriel

Thank you. I'm off to watch Poirot now so more tomorrow.
Old 09-21-2008, 03:44 PM   #4
A Small World

I always like to give a little royal wave whilst Im up there
Not even looking at it til I get some housework done

another fantastic day
WDW - Christmas 1991 -Off site; WDW - Christmas 1992 -Off site; WDW - Summer 1996 - All Stars; WDW - Summer 2003 -All Stars; DLP - Easter 2006- Santa Fe; DLP- Easter 2007 - Santa Fe + Explorers; DLP - Summer 2007 - Holiday Inn; DLP - Christmas 2007 -DCR; DLP - Easter 2008 - Cheyenne; DLP Summer 2008 Explorers + Sequoia Lodge; Nov 09 DDs surprise birthday trip- Kyriad; Feb2009 Disneyland Hotel; Easter 09 Kyriad; Summer 09 Newport Bay; Oct 10- DL ; Dec 11 - DL: Dec 12 DL; Dec 13 - DLP SL, Dec 14 - DLP DLH

A Small World is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 03:46 PM   #5
thelittlemermaid83
My reign will be a super-awesome thing
I will just live in suspense
I'm officially crazy

I love your photos!! what a great trippie so far
thelittlemermaid83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 04:17 PM   #6
tennisfan
Was told off for sliding down the banister at the SL
South Africa or California for me
Popped to the Boots

DISboards Moderator

Another great day, you certainly manage to fit a lot into your days

Trips:
DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, October, 1994, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 1998, DLRP - Hotel New York, June, 1999, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 1999, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 2000, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 2001, Walt Disney Studios preview, February, 2002, DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, August, 2002, New York City, Easter 2004, DLRP - Hotel New York, August, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, November, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, September, 2005, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, Easter 2007, DLRP - Kyriad, June 2007 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2009 DLRP - Day trip, November 2009 New York City, February 2010 DLRP - Disneyland Hotel, June 2010 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, September 2010 Stratosphere Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010 DLRP - Day trip, January 2011, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, August 2011, DLRP - Day trip, January 2012, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2012, DLRP - Santa Fe, November 2012,
tennisfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 04:33 PM   #7
Cyrano

Disney VIP
Anyone for haggis
Aren't we all a cagey lot

DISboards Moderator

Shame about DD's jacket. Looks and sounds like you had a perfect day

Theme Park Attractions & Strategies board
20 nights Disney and Universal July 2015
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.
Cyrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 04:39 PM   #8
mommy2ash
Has a Pooh pushin' Ash
It looks like lucky nugget is a must
I am totally blaming emma

great trip report and pics ohh i wish i was there right now lol

Disneyland Paris October 2008 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris February 2009 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris November 2009 - Santa Fe/Sequoia Lodge
Disneyland Paris March 2010 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris October 2010 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris Feb 2011- Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris Oct 2011 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris Oct 2012 - Cheyenne
Disneyland Paris June 2013 - Santa Fe
mommy2ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 01:11 PM   #9
hildasmuriel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2ash View Post
great trip report and pics ohh i wish i was there right now lol
Me too......
Old 09-22-2008, 01:18 PM   #10
ema74
Addicted to everything with Ears

Wonderful, really enjoying your report...

Can't wait to go back in Dedc but won't be as warm then

No trips in planning

June 2006 - Sequoia Lodge, December 2006 - Newport Bay Club, July 2007 - Cheyenne
, April 2008- Sequoia Lodge
December 2008 - Sequoia Lodge July 2009 -Cheyenne
ema74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 04:03 PM   #11
Boo-Boo
Mouseketeer

I really enjoyed your reports and pics.....thanks
August 2009 'Newport Bay'
October 2010 'New York Hotel'
December 2011 'New York Hotel'
August 2013 'Disneyland Hotel' my 40th!

Boo-Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 05:21 AM   #12
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

It was really nice to meet up with you again

I have to say I did think while we were chatting you weren't quite as enthusiastic about your next trip as I'd have expected you to be ~ now I know what you were plotting I fully understand!!
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:56 AM   #13
hildasmuriel

I was BURSTING to tell you! Only another Disney fan can understand the excitement of a secret trip. (and I've just read about your secret )
Old 10-16-2008, 07:20 AM   #14
Anne64
Mouseketeer

Lovin' this tr and the pics - thanks for sharing

Now can I stretch this into another 10 mins to read the rest of your report

2008 Off-site: I-Drive (never again!)
2007 Caribbean Beach Resort
Anne64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: