Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 02:53 PM   #1
Buckeye Gal
Beach Girl Deep in the Land

Homemade FE Gifts Photo Thread

After just getting back from our Double Dip Delight cruise, I have to say I was overjoyed with the homemade Fish Extender gifts. All FE gifts are greatly appreciated, and the experience is so much fun, yet the homemade ones are the sauce inside the Palo chocolate soufflé, so to speak!

We received so many wonderful homemade (HM) gifts that I thought we should showcase them to share with others in our DIS family! If my fellow DISers who left me some of these special HM gifts don't post pics of their gift, I certainly will! For now, I'll just post a couple of the gifts that I made for some of my FE recipients.

Double Dip Delight Highlights: This is a basic pen style highlighter wrapped in an Avery address label that went through my printer to put the words on it in the Walt font. I then rubber stamped Mickey's body parts in the colors of black, red, and yellow onto the label (there are heads, shoes, and pants all around the barrel). After applying the label to the highlighter and placing super adhesive tape over it, I rolled it in clear micro beads. More detailed instructions are found in Post #189. (Note that "Double Dip Delight" is the coined name of our DISer cruise.)
Pirate Post-It Cover: Using pirate themed stamps and a roller stamp from Stampin' Up!, I rubber stamped the images onto cardstock. The images on the black cardstock paper were applied with white craft ink. The treasure chest was outlined with a marker and colored in with chalk. An antiqued brass brad is used as the chest's lock, which also went through the red mat that was glued to the cover. A small piece of sticky-backed Velco closes the flap. A pad of Post-Its was then glued to the black cardstock. Once the pad of Post-Its is gone, you can refill it!
Buckeye Keychain: Using drilled buckeye nuts and pony beads made this a quick regional craft that was given to most of the cabins on my list that had only adults. To accompany this, everyone received a Buckeye post-card that has the recipe for buckeye candy (YUM!).
Please share your HM FE gift that you gave or received with the rest of us!

Last edited by Buckeye Gal; 05-22-2009 at 08:22 AM. Reason: added link to Post #189 that has detailed instructions for highlighters
Old 10-12-2008, 03:05 PM   #2
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

What a great thread! I made something for our FE exchange, but I can't show you yet- I'll be back in Nov after our cruise to post!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-12-2008, 04:30 PM   #3
Scrappingjen
Mouseketeer

Hey girl, are you feeling better? Sorry you got sick on the cruise.

I have to tell you my son took the note you wrote and put it on the frig cause it was a note to him. He still has his pirate notes sitting on his bookself. Cause they are "Ethan notes only"

Keep in mind the only thing Ethan can write is his name

I was amazed at how much fun stuff we got from the FE. it was so worth all the work making my mini scrapbooks
Old 10-12-2008, 04:31 PM   #4
Scrappingjen
Mouseketeer

If you still have mine feel free to post a pic I gave them all away.
Old 10-12-2008, 04:34 PM   #5
wuv tigger
I just want us to all be well
Owned lime green t-shirts BEFORE she found disboards
Dan Murphy's NOT Santa? I'm shocked!...

Shucks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
What a great thread! I made something for our FE exchange, but I can't show you yet- I'll be back in Nov after our cruise to post!
I was hoping for a sneak peak ...
Old 10-12-2008, 04:55 PM   #6
mindy327
DIS Veteran

Location: Chandler Arizona and exactly 381 miles away from Disneyland

I saw a thread once, where this lady had made these increadable scrapbooks for everyone in her FE group!! That post was amazing. I tried to find it but was unsucessful. IF anyone knows of this be sure to post it again in here. So worth looking. I would have fallen over to get something like that for a gift. As far as our next cruise, I know I am going to up the anti on what I bring as gifts. I felt like I brought little piddly stuff!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktpd-0zNqu8
Surprise DCL Video 2011 Mexican Riviera http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GT0ZgMsEiFg
DCL 2003, 2006, 2008, 2011 WDW 2003, 2008, 2012
AP holders DL +100 x's NEXT: Disneyland whenever, and Fantasy Western 9/27/14
Old 10-12-2008, 05:32 PM   #7
Buckeye Gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappingjen View Post
Hey girl, are you feeling better? Sorry you got sick on the cruise.

I have to tell you my son took the note you wrote and put it on the frig cause it was a note to him. He still has his pirate notes sitting on his bookself. Cause they are "Ethan notes only"

Keep in mind the only thing Ethan can write is his name

I was amazed at how much fun stuff we got from the FE. it was so worth all the work making my mini scrapbooks.

If you still have mine feel free to post a pic I gave them all away.
Awe....that's so cute of your DS!! Thanks for sharing that story.

I JUST started feeling like I was really really getting better on Thursday. I know I had something coming on right before the cruise, then I think I got what so many others from our group seemed to have gotten on top of that. It really did stink and put a huge hamper on my social time.

Okay...you didn't even take a picture of this masterpiece!?!?!! I know you didn't want to see another file folder or piece of ribbon after making so many, but you need a pic! With that said, I'm not going to reduce the size of these so you can save them for yourself. Besides, everyone should see the details of this "purse scrapbook"! You really outdid yourself, and I'm glad I didn't have to fall over or even kill to get one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindy327 View Post
I saw a thread once, where this lady had made these increadable scrapbooks for everyone in her FE group!! That post was amazing..... I would have fallen over to get something like that for a gift....
This is what Jen gave us 2 weeks ago, and indeed it is amazing! It may or may not be similar to what you saw before, but it serves the same function!

There are inserts that are pulled out by the ribbon that slide down the inside of the scrapbook. So you can put pics on the main accordian piece and journal or add more photos to the inserts! I have seen something similiar to this done at a Stampin' Up! party, but this goes above what I've seen! A LOT of labor of love went into these!

Old 10-12-2008, 05:35 PM   #8
princesspaige
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
Are you SURE you don't want to share what you made....

Me DD
Old 10-12-2008, 05:39 PM   #9
wuv tigger
I just want us to all be well
Owned lime green t-shirts BEFORE she found disboards
Dan Murphy's NOT Santa? I'm shocked!...

Talking I am thinking the same thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesspaige View Post
Are you SURE you don't want to share what you made....
BUT, rest assured you EDC Magic members that my Scrapbook gift won't be as elaborate as that. I am a Cricut rookie. I do think you will still like my little gifts.

wuv tigger
Old 10-12-2008, 06:01 PM   #10
buku
Earning My Ears

we'll love it I'm sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv tigger View Post
BUT, rest assured you EDC Magic members that my Scrapbook gift won't be as elaborate as that. I am a Cricut rookie. I do think you will still like my little gifts.

wuv tigger
Whatever you've done I'm sure we'll all love. I'm still putting together my FE gift. Hope they aren't in all little pieces after shipping down (and that's the ONLY hint you will get and it's not a very good one either!!)
See you soon!
buku (kim)
Old 10-12-2008, 06:09 PM   #11
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

I made bag/cellphone charms spelling out Magic/Wonder in letter beads with firepolished glass beads as accents. For our cruise on the Wonder I made multistranded necklaces with Swarovski Crystals and semi precious stones for all the girls/ woman in the exchange.

dolphingirl47
Old 10-12-2008, 06:17 PM   #12
Mom2PrincessesLinSy
DIS Veteran

Damn, Just when I was starting to feel proud about my homemade FE gifts...

Come on El, and WuvTIgger, a sneak peek won't hurt!!!

Multiple Disney Trips (both Pre-EPCOT and Post-EPCOT) as a child Wedding at WDW Wedding Pavillion/GF 10/99 Disneyland: 4 trips Disney World: 10 trips Disney Magic: 6 sailings Disney Wonder: 2 sailings Disney Fantasy: 1 sailing, now waiting on our Christmas Dream Cruise to be Platinum and Grand Slam!!
Old 10-12-2008, 06:36 PM   #13
Buckeye Gal

EVERYONE should feel proud that they put their hands to work on their FE gift!!!

I also received some beautiful personalized magnets that will bring great memories to me for years to come! It truly doesn't matter how small or big, all HM items are the sauce in the chocolate soufflé!!
Old 10-12-2008, 07:51 PM   #14
ErieCruiser08
Mouseketeer

Sounds like fun!!!

I am a fairly crafty person and I really hope our DIS group does the FE thing for our upcoming cruise in January. It sounds like so much fun and I know I could come up with some great homeade gifts!

I posted on our meet and greet page if anyone has ever participated in this before and so far no replies, but I just posted it yesterday. I hope there is some interest.

Sailed:
Celebrity Millenium to ALASKA (cruise and land tour)
June 27, 2008
Disney Magic 7-night Western Caribbean
January 24, 2009
Disney Magic 7-night Eastern Caribbean
February 27, 2010
Old 10-12-2008, 08:42 PM   #15
mickeyluv
DIS Veteran

Thanks Buckeye Gal for starting this thread!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: