Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2008, 08:03 PM   #136
kirrrby
We're all mad here....

love the TR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTreeHillAddict View Post
Never even heard of the "secret path". Tell me more.....
as a note to the "secret path" :

Near the FP machines, there is an area to your left. it has clear windows with animals inside, its a paved path with a waterfall, very close to the tree of life itself, the path comes out slightly near Pizzafari.

"Yo ho, yo ho a Navy life for me"

I've eaten at 183 out of 241 restaurants at Walt Disney World (76%)

Old 10-08-2008, 09:28 PM   #137
pmama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTreeHillAddict View Post
Never even heard of the "secret path". Tell me more. Love the picture of the lion...so pretty. You guys really saw a lot of animals. I don't blame you for wanting to go again. I would have too. Cute cheetah skirts!
Quote:
Originally Posted by princess&her4princes View Post
Secret Path.....I need more details, too!! Glad to hear you are healing day by day and just down to one splint!! That's fantasic!! Btw, very impressed your DH was putting Cheetah ribbon in the girls hair...very cute!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by teruterubouzu View Post
Great update! Your husband did get better at doing your hair, not that it didn't look cute on the other days.

Please do tell about the secret path. The only one I read about was removed. I'd love to file this info. away for my next trip. I haven't been to AK yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdotla View Post
Wow - you lucked out with those lions!!!

And as for the "secret" path - I had read all about that here and on TGM, and even had printed directions on how to find it, but do you think I could???

I even asked about 5 CMs none of whom had the slightest idea what I was talking about! I even told them it was right near Bugs Life.

So please, please give me the simple, easy step by step of how to find it!

And finally, I have to say, your husband is going to win the hearts of all the ladies reading this for having styled the hair of his 3 girls each day!! LOL!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirrrby View Post
love the TR!

as a note to the "secret path" :

Near the FP machines, there is an area to your left. it has clear windows with animals inside, its a paved path with a waterfall, very close to the tree of life itself, the path comes out slightly near Pizzafari.

Thanks all. O.K. there is a great map somewhere here on the boards by ROBO. Don't still have the link. We found the path coming from Africa just after the bridge. It was immediately to the left. My first thought was that it didn't look to secret. It's a kind of wide sidewalk. However, they don't put any signs up that let people know it leads all the way through. We did get a little confused coming from the Bugs Life side because you litterally walk through the exit of It's a Bugs Life. I can see why that would confuse people. The path is even slightly showing on the park maps. If anyone has a link to ROBOs map please feel free to post it. Hope that helps some.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2008, 08:45 AM   #138
lmillercrew
DIS Veteran

Great update. I love that your girls will where matching outfits, or similar outfits. My girls are 8 years apart and there is no way a 17 year old is going to dress like a 9 year old. I too would like to see the map of the "secret trail". I'm hoping someone has the link.

Me DH, DD15 Family 1982, 1989 HS choir trip, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2014
Old 10-09-2008, 09:37 AM   #139
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

Your girls are so adorable! You are such a trooper with your injuries and your husband really is a trooper as well (esp with fixing the girls' hair - my late husband was great with our daughter fixing her hair for school since I had to leave for work so early)!

I felt so bad for you and your DH getting food poisoning - I hate those types of "sudden" illnesses that give you no warning (I had a similar incident when I was taking meds for my torn ligaments in my ankle - was at grocery store and had absolutely no warning! Unfortunately I wasn't as lucky as you and didn't make it to the restroom - good thing my friend was with me and hurried out to buy some pants. Talk about embarrassing - I will NEVER set foot in that store again )

I have a question for you if you don't mind: I'm visiting WDW in December with my DS15 (his first visit) and wanted to visit Epcot the first day. You mentioned you were allowing 2 days at Epcot (and I hope to as well) - would you recommend visiting FW first like you did or WS? (we will arrive around 11:00 a.m. & have 2:45pm reservations at Teppan Edo so thought we would hurry over to FW to ride TT & MS & get fastpasses for Soarin'). Since we will be eating our "dinner" at lunch time, we were planning on eating at the Cantina to watch Illuminations but don't think we will now!!

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
Old 10-09-2008, 02:53 PM   #140
KittyKat08
Mouseketeer

Hello, I have just finished reading all of your TR so far and I'm loving it. You are a much stronger women then I am, I don't think I would have been so brave to go to Disneyworld with two broken arms. Sorry about the food poisoning, thats horrible but I have made a mental note to stay away from that place when we go next month. Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip.

From about 1979 till now Disneyland all the time!
2008 First trip to Walt Disney World, POFQ & offsite
2008 First DCL trip on the Disney Wonder

My Honeymoon TR in progress: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2054154

Thanks pamouselover
Old 10-09-2008, 05:44 PM   #141
pmama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wood145 View Post
I'm really enjoying your trip report. Kudos to you and DH you all look like you are having a wonderful time despite the 2 broken arms (you poor thing!).

Can't wait to read more.
Thank you. Yes, we did have a wonderful time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmillercrew View Post
Great update. I love that your girls will where matching outfits, or similar outfits. My girls are 8 years apart and there is no way a 17 year old is going to dress like a 9 year old. I too would like to see the map of the "secret trail". I'm hoping someone has the link.
Yes it is fun to dress them the same. I don't normally do it but I am glad they let me play dress up in WDW at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
Your girls are so adorable! You are such a trooper with your injuries and your husband really is a trooper as well (esp with fixing the girls' hair - my late husband was great with our daughter fixing her hair for school since I had to leave for work so early)!

I felt so bad for you and your DH getting food poisoning - I hate those types of "sudden" illnesses that give you no warning (I had a similar incident when I was taking meds for my torn ligaments in my ankle - was at grocery store and had absolutely no warning! Unfortunately I wasn't as lucky as you and didn't make it to the restroom - good thing my friend was with me and hurried out to buy some pants. Talk about embarrassing - I will NEVER set foot in that store again )

OMG, that would be embarrassing. YOU poor thing. Glad you had a good friend with you.

I have a question for you if you don't mind: I'm visiting WDW in December with my DS15 (his first visit) and wanted to visit Epcot the first day. You mentioned you were allowing 2 days at Epcot (and I hope to as well) - would you recommend visiting FW first like you did or WS? (we will arrive around 11:00 a.m. & have 2:45pm reservations at Teppan Edo so thought we would hurry over to FW to ride TT & MS & get fastpasses for Soarin'). Since we will be eating our "dinner" at lunch time, we were planning on eating at the Cantina to watch Illuminations but don't think we will now!!
I actually thought about this one before and think I would do WS first. Just because once you get the kids on the rides (and DH too) they are less excited to tour WS. Yes, I've heard the seating at Cantina but I for one wouldn't risk eating there ever again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyKat08 View Post
Hello, I have just finished reading all of your TR so far and I'm loving it. You are a much stronger women then I am, I don't think I would have been so brave to go to Disneyworld with two broken arms. Sorry about the food poisoning, thats horrible but I have made a mental note to stay away from that place when we go next month. Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip.
Welcome. Thanks for reading!
Old 10-10-2008, 08:27 AM   #142
pmama
DIS Veteran

DH meets the Yeti

Alright back to our day at Animal Kingdom.

We had just watched It's a Bug's Life, we love that show. We then decided to go watch Flights of Wonder. We had not seen this show before. When we arrived there it was about 20 minutes until start time. The UG suggests walking the Majaraja Jungle Trek if the wait is 20 min. or more. Well, we walked this and felt very rushed. I also tripped over the stroller at one point and slammed by elbow against the stone wall. That did not feel very good at all. When we finally made it out of there we went back to Flights of Wonder and accepted seats on the back bleachers to get a view. So, my suggestion. If the wait is 20 min. just wait and try to get good seats. Not that there were any terrible seats. This show was not quite as impressive as I'd hoped but the girls and I enjoyed watching the birds fly overhead every once in a while.

Once we left the Flights of Wonder we were on our way to Discovery Island.

There was almost a non existant line for Triceratop Spin so we jumped in line and were on very quickly.

I like how we all can ride in the same dinosoar on this ride (instead of two on Dumbo).

DH didn't even know about the Dinosoar ride. (Last year we only did kiddie rides). So, we went to check it out.

We didn't plan on taking either of the girls on. The CM in front said we should really just go on in and have them watch the intro video. She thought that would help the girls decide if they are up to it. Since there was absolutely no wait I thought why not. We took the girls in and watched the video. Even DD4 didn't want to go. She's up for thrill but not scary things. As they were loading the girls and I walked right through and waited for DH in gift shop. He really liked it. Here is the picture of the picture. He is the one in the front right. Not much of a reaction.

DH really wanted me to go but I really just did not want to go by myself. Who wants to go by themselves on a scary ride where dinosoars jump out at you? Not me. I don't regret it either. I just figure it's one more thing I can look forward to doing on another trip.

After that we passed Mt. Everest. The girls and I needed a restroom so DH hopped in the single rider line while we went to the restroom. I kid you not people, when we exited the bathroom he was outside waiting for us and had already ridden. Unreal huh? He loved this ride too. He had written down the number of his photo so we all went back in to take a look. DH hated how I'd been taking pictures of pictures on this trip. He thought it was tacky and we might get in trouble. So what do I do? I tell the lady at the counter that we do not want to buy the photo but could I take a picture of it. So, I was so impressed with what she did next. She took held up some folder over the screen so there would not be a reflection. A little Disney magic. I then took a picture and realized that the flash reflected too much and we could not see the picture. The nice CM then helps me figure out how to turn off the flash on the camera and holds up the folder again to block glare. Only in WDW would a CM do this honestly. It was so sweet. Still, we did not get that great of picture but hugs all around to the nice CM. DH is in the back right hand side.

I was glad he got to experience these rides but I really didn't have the desire to do them myself.
After Everest we made our way to Kali River Rapids.

DH didn't really want to ride this I think because he didn't want to get wet and he didn't want to have to put on a poncho. Well, the girls really wanted to ride so of course we all broke out the ponchos. (Even DH) Yes, we did get a couple little remarks like "it's hot outside, waters good for you." Whatever, we were the ones smirking when we got off and didn't have to walk funny from our clothes being stuck to us. DD7 especially liked this ride and really wanted to go again. We could have easily since there was really no line but instead we moved on stating maybe we'd come back. We never did make it back and I still occasionally hear about it.

We had a great morning and got a lot done. After Everest we took the lovely "secret path" back to Pizzafari for lunch. It was a little past rush time so there were plenty of tables and we enjoyed a long relaxed lunch break.

Next up: AK shows, parade, and Boma!

Last edited by pmama; 03-26-2012 at 11:08 PM.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:15 AM   #143
lmillercrew
DIS Veteran

Great update once again. I rode Dinosaur with DH for the first time last Oct and hid my face almost the entire time. He just laughed at me, lovingly of course. I won't go on that ride again. So, you were wise not to go alone.

Me DH, DD15 Family 1982, 1989 HS choir trip, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2014
Old 10-10-2008, 11:38 AM   #144
OneTreeHillAddict
CNC Photography of Myrtle Beach, SC

What cute family pictures! I love the one where you're all making faces. What a great day...no lines anywhere. That's always nice. Dinosaur isn't that bad really. It's just real jerky. Would not have been good for your arms! Pizzafari....yum. I have that planned for December!
Old 10-10-2008, 12:04 PM   #145
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

I love the SCAREY face picture in front of Dinosaurs..too cute!! Btw, I took my DS, 4 at the time, on Dinosaur because he wanted to go on, I knew nothing about it and the CM outside said he would be fine....well, I was SO stressed out when we got off of it....he covered his eyes, cried and was buried in my arm the entire time..it's too scarey for little ones! He told me when we got off "Even when I'm a teenager I never want to go on that ride again!!" and he's NOT a scaredycat kind of kid, at all, it was a shame!!! So, you didn't miss much and I"m glad your DD didn't go on!!!! Sounds like you guys had a nice time the rest of the day....loved the red on you guys, looks great in your pics!!!!
Old 10-10-2008, 03:08 PM   #146
irky416
DIS Veteran

Great updates! I will have to look for that secret path on my next trip.
Old 10-10-2008, 04:45 PM   #147
Me&3
DIS Veteran

cute family pics I really like the one with baby simba
Old 10-11-2008, 07:02 AM   #148
belle8306
DIS Veteran

I just read your whole TR and I am really enjoying it. You have a lovely family. It is wonderful that you didn't let your injuries prevent you from enjoying your vacation. Hats off to your DH for his hair dressing skills. Your Coral Reef visit looked so nice. How long before your trip did you set up the diver and the menus? I am looking forward to reading more.
Old 10-11-2008, 09:35 AM   #149
NJ2Boardwalk

DIS Veteran

Just caught up. Love your TR so far. Your daughters are beautiful!! Looking forward to more.
Wilderness Lodge 10/31-11/9/2001~Boardwalk 9/8-9/17/2004~Coronado Springs 7/25-7/31/2005~Boardwalk Villas 10/7-10/14/2005~Swan 7/4/2006 & Grand Floridian, 7/5-7/12/2006~Boardwalk Villas 8/21-8/29/2007~Contemporary MK VIEW 7/31-8/7/2008~7/26-8/1/2009 Polynesian Club Level &-8/1-8/8/2009 Beach Club~Saratoga 2bd Villa 11/4-11/8/09~Grand Floridian 7/16-7/24/10~Old Key West Studio 11/2-11/6/10~Saratoga Springs 3 Bd Villa 12/8-12/11/10~Grand Floridian 6/17-6/25/2011~

Old 10-11-2008, 10:23 AM   #150
cdotla
Trish

Another great update! Can't wait for more!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: