Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2008, 09:41 AM   #76
chepic
I tear up whenever I hear "Welcome Home." Some people say I have "issues."

Love the picture of you with the tea cup!! Love the shirt!!!

Don't blame you for starting to pack, need to know what you have and what you need! I have 180 days until we return to the world and I have already begun my "list." I did call for my ADL's however their dining reservation system is being overhauled and I have been asked to call back in October to try again.. I need to know that everything is in place!!

Cheryl
Old 09-23-2008, 11:27 AM   #77
anc22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
I have some instructions for you, Drea, and Erica. I want the three of you to meet up on one of the at sea days. Order 3 Bahama Mamas. Since Drea apparently has a thing for umbrellas, I want her to go get 3 umbrellas and place one in each drink. Then, I want the 3 of you to drink those Bahama Mama's after giving a toast dedicating the drinks to me.

I don't ask much.
Sounds like a plan!
Maybe we will even take a picture to prove it to ya
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-25-2008, 04:21 PM   #78
CruisingCamper
DIS Veteran

Hello!! Enjoying reading your report!
2014- Disney's Saratoga Springs Feb
2013- Art of Animation Nov, Disney Fantasy Dec, Fort Wilderness May, Fort Wilderness March
2012- Yacht Club Oct, Fort Wilderness April
2011- Fort Wilderness March, Beach Club Nov, Disney Magic Dec, Polynesian Dec
2010- Fort Wilderness April
2009- Disney's Swan Aug, Fort Wilderness May, Fort Wilderness March
2008- Disney Magic Dec, Polynesian Dec, Caribbean Beach March
2006- Saratoga Springs Feb, Wilderness Lodge Jan
CruisingCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 11:28 AM   #79
Mozart
There's one in every crowd...and it's usually me

Quote:
Originally Posted by chepic View Post
Don't blame you for starting to pack, need to know what you have and what you need! I have 180 days until we return to the world and I have already begun my "list." I did call for my ADL's however their dining reservation system is being overhauled and I have been asked to call back in October to try again.. I need to know that everything is in place!!

Cheryl
Is that the deal where they're going to 90 days to make reservations? I heard that was happening. Glad it didn't affect me. I'd be freaking out if we were that close and reservations weren't done yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anc22 View Post
Sounds like a plan!
Maybe we will even take a picture to prove it to ya
Since you won't read this until after you're back....WHERE'S MY PICTURE?!?!?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisingCamper View Post
Hello!! Enjoying reading your report!
Thank you. I'm doing my best to keep it interesting.
Magic 7 Night Eastern - 11/08 - Life Stinks Season 3
Wonder 3 Night - 04/10 - Life Stinks Season 4
10th Anniversary at Victoria and Albert's

Mozart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 08:29 AM   #80
Mozart

You know, my wife and I had an interesting discussion over dinner last night. From time to time we eat dinner out on the back deck while we play the radio on live365 (Yes it is Disney music alot of the time. If not, then it's 80's music.) Unfortunately with the weather cooling down that might have been the last time this year that we get to do that. But back to the point.

We got onto the subject of what would Walt think today. If Walt came back and saw what Disney had developed into, would he bemoan the greediness that has permeated through the top of the Disney corporation. I think he would somewhat. I think he would walk in and immediately tell them to start plusing things, and that the bottom line would follow. But can you imagine? Can you imagine how he would react on his first trip to Kilimanjaro Safaris? Can you see Walt riding Soarin? Visiting EPCOT, I think, would just push him over the edge. He loved the world's fair. To know that one existed every day of the year...he'd lose it.

Then there's our little hobby. I image Tom McAlpin driving Walt over the bridge to Port Canaveral and pointing over to the Magic or the Wonder sitting at the dock and saying to Walt "That's your ship." I imagine Walt staring in disbelief not only at the size of it but at its beauty, its atmosphere. He would see all the childrens faces at the sailaway party. He watches the little girls dressed as their favorite princesses while they stand in line waiting to pose for pictures with those princesses. Even watching the Golden Mickeys and getting to hear his old classics, as well as all the succesful music Disney has put out since then.

I imagine Walt smiling, maybe even shedding a tear. Then he walks over to Tom and says "Great. Now plus it." Tom just grins, looks back at him and says "Let me show you the plans for our two new ships."

Yeah, DCL gets it.

Old 10-06-2008, 02:56 PM   #81
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

One of the families on the WB repo made a book mark for their FE gift... it read...

"Walt made all my dreams come true when he shared his! If I had one day with Walt, I'd let him see his Disney through MY eyes....Thank you Walt!!!"

I think he would like some things that are new. I think he's looking down on heaven and saying "I started this?" (in a good way...)

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 07:05 AM   #82
cyndid
Mouseketeer

Mozart: I've been trying to find your other trip reports and have been having no luck at all. Can you paste the links? Thanks

I am an altered artist
cyndid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 07:57 AM   #83
CRUIZEN MAMMA
DIS Veteran

they're listed in his signature and very entertaining
4th DCL Cruise-DREAM Jan.15-19,2012-
5K Castaway Cay
Ran My 1st 1/2 marathon!Princess Feb 26, 2012
Wine and Dine 1/2 marathonNov 10,2012
20th Anniversary Disney Marathon Jan 2013:I did it
Disney World 10kand 1/2 marathon 2014 here I come!
Glass Slipper Challenge 2014!!! Girls Only Weekend!
CRUIZEN MAMMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 10:40 AM   #84
cyndid
Mouseketeer

Thanks...now I feel stupid.

I tried the search function several times...would've paid to open my eyes.

I am an altered artist
cyndid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 07:55 PM   #85
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Hi Mozart!

Love reading your TR, but I gotta tell ya- I hate the day you get on the Magic because that will be the day I get off the Magic! Oh well....I'll do my best to leave her in one piece for you, but I'm not making any promises!
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 08:32 PM   #86
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Just don't take all the Mickey Bars with you...

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Old 10-09-2008, 08:32 AM   #87
Mozart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post
One of the families on the WB repo made a book mark for their FE gift... it read...

"Walt made all my dreams come true when he shared his! If I had one day with Walt, I'd let him see his Disney through MY eyes....Thank you Walt!!!"

I think he would like some things that are new. I think he's looking down on heaven and saying "I started this?" (in a good way...)
Yes, but then again I think he's also looking down and seeing things like the new versions of Imagination and going "What were you thinking?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyndid View Post
Mozart: I've been trying to find your other trip reports and have been having no luck at all. Can you paste the links? Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyndid View Post
Thanks...now I feel stupid.

I tried the search function several times...would've paid to open my eyes.
I take that to mean you found them. I ramble on at times in my writings, but there's also a few moments in there that I think are entertaining. Like having 9 Bahama Mama's in front of 3 people. Right before the muster drill. I still have a hangover from that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRUIZEN MAMMA View Post
they're listed in his signature and very entertaining
Thanks, mamma! At least I know that someone enjoyed them. My wife seems to think I'm crazy for spending that much time writing them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
Hi Mozart!

Love reading your TR, but I gotta tell ya- I hate the day you get on the Magic because that will be the day I get off the Magic! Oh well....I'll do my best to leave her in one piece for you, but I'm not making any promises!
No offense, but I'm really looking forward to you leaving the Magic then. Just don't mess up anything to do with my room, or the spa and we'll be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post
Just don't take all the Mickey Bars with you...
I'm about to get screamed at I know. But I've never had a Mickey Bar. Or a Dole Whip. I know, I know. I should be flogged, then tarred and feathered and have my hands and feet tied to a racehorse as it gallops at full speed.

BAD DIS'ER! BAD!

Old 10-09-2008, 02:17 PM   #88
Tink rules

No... now you have a goal... have one brought to you by room service and enjoy it!!! It's one of the best things to get from RS!!!! (they brought me 2 when I had a sore throat... )

Old 10-09-2008, 02:18 PM   #89
Tink rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
I'm about to get screamed at I know. But I've never had a Mickey Bar. Or a Dole Whip. I know, I know. I should be flogged, then tarred and feathered and have my hands and feet tied to a racehorse as it gallops at full speed.

BAD DIS'ER! BAD!
& I'm puttin $2 to show on that race!!!!

Old 10-13-2008, 04:56 PM   #90
Mozart

So I pull into my driveway today and there's a package sitting on the front doorstep. I think "I wonder if that's the pin I just bought on ebay?" But I purchased that from someone in California late last week. No way it's here already.

Then, I pick up the package. "DISNEY CRUISE LINES! CELEBRATION, FL! OUR DOCS ARE HERE!"

4 weeks until the cruise and our docs are already here! I don't remember them coming this soon in the past. Everyone on the main board is always complaining about how late they come. Oh well, I'm not going to complain.

Now I just have to resist actually putting the luggage tags on the bags now. It's so tempting. Like not peeking at a Christmas present. You know you shouldn't, but it would feel so much better if you just went ahead and found out what it was.

Now back to your regularly scheduled trip reports from the Sept 27th double dip delight...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: