Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2008, 10:45 PM   #1
Hillary12.8.07
DIS Veteran

::The Newlyweds Return-A *Birthday* Celebration and *MNSSHP!* TR FINISHED! ::

Hello everyone! Some of you may remember me from my last TR, found here...

Honeymoon Trip Report

If you haven't read it, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!?!?

Really, you should read it before you even begin to read this one. Seriously.

Let me introduce myself, and the rest of the members of this TR.

Me-Hillary, 25, ALMOST 26 year old. As the title says, newlywed. My husband and I honeymooned in Disney back in December, which is that TR above which you really should read. Here's a few pics from that trip...

I'm a graduate student, finishing up my Masters of Education in School Counseling, graduating in May. I'm an intern at a middle school right now and I LOVE it. We're from Augusta, Georgia, right on the GA/SC line, and only about 8 hrs away from Disney. So we drive. Fun on the way down, not so much coming home.

Husband-Andy, also 25. Had never been to Disney, poor deprived child, until we took a trip with my parents back in May 2007. It was a quick 3 day trip, so our honeymoon was a lot of firsts for him. He's not nearly as obsessed with Disney as I, but it's growing on him and he puts up w/me.

Parents-or DM and DD. I have the best parents ever. They (at least my mom) are Disney freaks as well...we went multiple times during my childhood, and have had annual passes many times as well. During my middle school years we went every other month or so. So they are veterans as well. They love to camp, and own a big fabulous camper, and planned this trip at Ft. Wilderness, which they love.

Did I mention the birthday? Because it's a big one. My mom might not appreciate it if I say how old she is, and she might read this...hi mom! But it was one of those BIG birthdays and what better way to celebrate it than to go to Disney!

Brother-Justin, 22. Now, he is not into Disney near as much as we are, and is one of those kids that beats to his own drummer, or whatever that quote is. He hasn't been on a trip w/the family in quite some time, so it was BIG deal when he decided to go w/us. The whole family together, at Disney, what else could we ask for??

Trip details: parents left Wednesday October 1st and drove halfway to Jacksonville. Andy, Justin and I were leaving EARLY the next morning. We had no set in stone plans except for going to MNSSHP Sunday night. And then coming home Monday. So a long weekend trip, how much fun could we pack into just 3 and a half days?!?!?

Stay tuned...

TABLE OF CONTENTS
Day 1 Part 1 THE TRIP
Day 1 Part 2 DTD and riding the monorail!
Day 2 Part 1 DHS!
Day 2 Part 2 MORE DHS
Day 2 Part 3 O'Hana!
Day 3 Part 1 Epcot!
Day 3 Part 2 More Epcot!
Day 3 Part 3 F&W Festival and Illuminations!
Day 4 Part 1 Riding through the fort...
Day 4 Part 2 More of the fort and River Country!
Day 4 MNSSHP!! Part 1
Day 4 MNSSHP Part 2 Crystal Palace
Day 4 MNSSHP Part 3 Boo to You!
Day 4 MNSSHP Part 4 Hallowishes and more party!
Day 5 Happy Bday and we're home

Last edited by Hillary12.8.07; 12-21-2008 at 11:54 PM.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:07 PM   #2
NotSoEvilStepmother
*Not a real stepmother*

I'm here for you!
Your wedding pictures are gorgeous. Congratualations (even though it's almost a year late). Can't wait to read about your Disney adventures.
Now off to check out your last TR.
Mom, My Hand's Smell--A First Timer's Trip Report--Now Complete
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2008, 11:55 PM   #3
Philadisney
In the Name of Epcot
Sometimes when I shower, I have to stare at the drain just in case a spooky clown starts climbing up it
Carries the chicken in style

I'm glad you posted on my thread because now I see you have a new trip coming up! And at Ft. Wilderness - awesome. I don't think I have ever read a TR about Ft. Wilderness, I have been really curious about it! I think going with a big group and getting a cabin would be so much fun. Anyway, can't wait to read more!
Nov '09: SS Aug '08: WL/BC May '06: POFQ March '05: CSR July '04: POR/Wonder cruise Fall 2002: College Program at Vista Way! (EPCOT) Nov '93, July '00, Nov '06: DL offsite July '88, July '90, April '97, July '06, March '09: WDW offsite

Old 10-07-2008, 11:55 PM   #4
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Onboard again! Cannot wait to hear about your short yet fun trip the the World.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:49 AM   #5
Hillary12.8.07
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotSoEvilStepmother View Post
I'm here for you!
Your wedding pictures are gorgeous. Congratualations (even though it's almost a year late). Can't wait to read about your Disney adventures.
Now off to check out your last TR.
Thanks so much! I always enjoy compliments, even now! ha.

Thanks for joining in!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philadisney View Post
I'm glad you posted on my thread because now I see you have a new trip coming up! And at Ft. Wilderness - awesome. I don't think I have ever read a TR about Ft. Wilderness, I have been really curious about it! I think going with a big group and getting a cabin would be so much fun. Anyway, can't wait to read more!
Ft. Wilderness is AWESOME, I'm a bit partial b/c it's a nostalgic place for us, its where we stayed when I was a kid. But if you love Wilderness Lodge you'd love it at the Fort. The cabins are great too, you should try to stay one day!

Thanks for reading!
Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
Onboard again! Cannot wait to hear about your short yet fun trip the the World.

YAY I'm glad you're here! Hope that new baby boy is doing well!! Thanks for joining in!!
Old 10-08-2008, 07:49 PM   #6
tinkerbell87512
I would love to hear all about these secrets!

I'm here girl!!! Lookig forward to hearing all about your trip!

June 1992 August 2000 February 2002 July 2004 July 2005 June 2006 July 2007 October 2007 May 2008 & DCL November 2008 May 2009 Sept/Oct 2010 & DCL November 2011 August 2013 October 2013 Tower of Terror 10 Miler!
Old 10-09-2008, 06:39 PM   #7
Hillary12.8.07
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell87512 View Post
I'm here girl!!! Lookig forward to hearing all about your trip!
YAY I'm glad you're here! I remember loving your TR last October so much that I WISHED I'd be able to go this year! I can't believe I actually did!!

Update coming up soon, just waiting on pics to upload!!
Old 10-09-2008, 07:09 PM   #8
Hillary12.8.07
DIS Veteran

Thursday October 2nd

Let me actually back up to the day before. My parents actually left Wednesday afternoon and drove about halfway, to Jacksonville, FL. There is a campground there they can drive right in and get out easy the next morning.

DH, my brother and I all had work the day before and were going to leave EARLY the next morning. I was in the BEST mood all day long at school that day (I intern at a middle school for counseling). I left there around 3:30, and stopped by the store for shampoos, soap, etc. I always like to get new stuff for my shower bag since we use the shower house at Ft. Wilderness. I may be weird but I just love going to use the showers there. moving on...

Then I had to go by the grocery store to pick up the cookie cake I had ordered for my mom. It was a minor aggravation...they couldn't find it, and then when they did, they charged me like $7 more than they'd told me when I ordered it. So after getting that taken care of I rushed home to finish laundry/packing. When DH got home we had to run up to my school to turn in a paper I had due the next night since I'd be missing class. THEN, we were going to just pick something up for dinner since I didn't want to cook that night, and have to clean up. Our plan was Sonic, we LOVE it, and its right down the street from our house. But it was CLOSED. I was NOT HAPPY. They closed it down for some stupid reason. So we decided to go to Golden Corral...its a big buffet and we both can find stuff we like there. And its cheap. So it was like we were already on vacation bc we don't go out alot. We were just in the best moods, all happy and relaxed to be getting out of town for a few days!! When we left, I SKIPPED across the parking lot! I love that feeling, right before you leave and you have the whole trip ahead of you!!

So we came home and quickly got all of our stuff packed up and ready to load in the car the next morning. I set our alarm for about 5 am, hoping to leave here by 6.

And like only days you're going to Disney, I popped out of bed into the shower as soon as the alarm went off! We quickly got ready, packed the car, and were on our way!!!!

I took this as we were leaving..

We had to stop by my parents house to get my brother. He lives alone, but had stayed overe there the night before to do all his laundry and bc he wanted to leave his car there (he lives in an apt and we had a gas shortage that week, and just didnt want to leave his car in the parking lot). We were actually leaving my car there too. He came out the door as we pulled in, and we were on our way!!!

We made good time that morning, w/hardly any traffic. About 3 hours into the trip we had to make a restroom break. I had on my shorts and Minnie Mouse tshirt, and it was COLD here that morning...the people in the gas station were looking at me like I was nuts!!

We continued on...made another stop somewhere near Brunswick, Georgia. DH also decided to get gas there too...I took this there...

On our way again!!! I slept some, but couldn't long, I was too excited and just couldn't get comfortable. So I entertained myself...

I love coloring! And the week before I found this awesome coloring book in Walmart that was Disney Halloween. SO fun.

And I took this picture of all my crap in the floor...

Around 11 or so my mom called and they were there! Actually she sent me a picture msg of the gates as they drove in.

Played with the XM radio some...

And yes I made DH listen to it!!

Soon we were in Florida!!

We stopped again at the Florida Welcome Center on 95, just because I wanted to and we never had before, that I remember anyway. I got some brochures and stuff to read and get me excited!

The rest of the trip went fairly quickly. My brother slept the whole way, so DH and I just talked and stuff. We didn't stop again until about an hour or so outside of Orlando to use the bathroom. We were almost there!!

As we started getting into Orlando we started seeing all those scary Bloody Mary billboards for Universal's Halloween Horror Nights. They freaked me out!!!

And soon we were coming up to this...

almost...

just a little closer...

We're here!!

We followed signs to Magic Kingdom and Ft. Wilderness...

And here we are !!!!

I just love this place

We ran in the registration building to make sure we didn't need anything. The guy gave us a parking pass, and I asked him for a Bday button for my mom. We were in the 500 loop, and as we drove into the campground my parents rode by on their bikes!! They followed us back to the campsite, and we unloaded all of our stuff into the camper. I brought her cake in too...

(forgot to take a pic before someone cut into it. It was so pretty!)

Some random campsite/camper pics...

decorations...

DH outside...

our setup...

view across to the bathhouse..

Tooks this after we got home but it shows how big it is!

Inside the camper..

The way it is set up, you walk in and are in the living area/kitchen. There is a couch there my brother slept on. To the right, there are stairs up into the bathroom and bedroom. To the left of the kitchen is another room w/a door, it has a couch that pulls out that we slept on. Its really like having our own bedroom bc of the door and separate area. SO nice.

In our room...

my Jake dog hanging out on our bed..

looking back into the living area

We hung out for a little bit, and then decided to get going!! We were HUNGRY so we decided to head out to DTD and eat and then go from there!

Next up: Dinner and a long ride!!

Last edited by Hillary12.8.07; 10-09-2008 at 07:15 PM.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:32 PM   #9
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran

Love your TR so far, it's so much fun! Jake looks just like one of my old dogs "rocky"! Ohhhhhh I miss him!

Anyway, I can't wait to read more! That camper ROCKS!!! Very spacious! Too bad you don't get housekeeping though, otherwise it would be perfect.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:00 PM   #10
SwansLoveDisney
DIS Veteran

Subscribing!

Looks like lots of fun so far...
Old 10-10-2008, 05:00 PM   #11
Hillary12.8.07
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyasmommy View Post
Love your TR so far, it's so much fun! Jake looks just like one of my old dogs "rocky"! Ohhhhhh I miss him!

Anyway, I can't wait to read more! That camper ROCKS!!! Very spacious! Too bad you don't get housekeeping though, otherwise it would be perfect.
YAY thanks for reading!! Jake is a sweet boy. And YES their camper does rock. Its huge, and I love having our own space as well. And I actually don't mind the housekeeping at all...I'm kinda weird about having strangers in my room, thats just me though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwansLoveDisney View Post
Subscribing!

Looks like lots of fun so far...
YAY another reader!
Old 10-11-2008, 09:50 AM   #12
Lan
D23 Charter Year Member

Hi
My parents have a motorhome and love Ft. Wilderness. We stayed in 502 Sept 25th-28th. We love the 500 loop for some reason. We have also stayed in the 200 loop.

Can't wait to hear more about your trip.
WDW - Pin & Vinylmation Events Sept 12-15
WDW - Food & Wine Oct 11-14
WDW - Dec 5-8

WDW Marathon Weekend Jan 7-12
WDW Princess Half Marathon Weekend Feb 19-23
DCL Magic - Southern Caribbean Cruise Sept 27- Oct 4
Blog: DizThruBrownEyes.com
Old 10-11-2008, 09:58 PM   #13
Disneychix
Is it summer yet?

The trailer looks awesome! We are trying FW for the first time this April. My dad's trailer isn't quite as big as that though. Was there any problems parking 2 cars in the area? I thought you could only have one.

"You ain't never had a friend like MEEEEEE"

May 2010 TR-39th B-Day full of surprises!

Come read my December 2009 TR!!
Old 10-11-2008, 10:37 PM   #14
*KeepMovingForward*

DIS Veteran

I'm in Disney now, but I'm jumping on board. I'll catch up when I get home. Glad to see you have a new report going!
Old 10-12-2008, 05:50 PM   #15
Hillary12.8.07
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lan View Post
Hi
My parents have a motorhome and love Ft. Wilderness. We stayed in 502 Sept 25th-28th. We love the 500 loop for some reason. We have also stayed in the 200 loop.

Can't wait to hear more about your trip.
We love the 500 loop too, very central to everything! I don't remember the other loops we've stayed in before. Well, actually I do..May 2007 we stayed in the loop across the street from 500...not sure what that is though. 300 maybe?

Anyway, Ft Wilderness is awesome, glad you enjoy it too!! Thanks for joining in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneychix View Post
The trailer looks awesome! We are trying FW for the first time this April. My dad's trailer isn't quite as big as that though. Was there any problems parking 2 cars in the area? I thought you could only have one.
You will LOVE it. And no, we had no problems parking there, but this was a refurbished loop and the sites are quite a bit bigger. So it might depend on what site you are on. When we've been there before there def. wasn't enough room for 2 cars. There is alot of construction going on there right now, so hopefully you'll get a new one!! Good luck, and have fun!!

Thanks for reading btw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *KeepMovingForward* View Post
I'm in Disney now, but I'm jumping on board. I'll catch up when I get home. Glad to see you have a new report going!
aw I'm jealous you're there!!! Thanks for reading! Have fun!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: