Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2008, 07:28 PM   #1
izzyzoeybear
Mouseketeer

1st time doing a PTR!!w/pics..The final countdown...We leave in hours!! ...

Ok I have been reading some of the pre trip reports and decided that I would give this a try. I am fairly new to the boards and found it from another site that helps me save money so we have money for Disney....Anyway we are going to WDW from 10/29-11/2. We are staying at POP since that is where my 2 children love to stay. Our last trip to the parks was Sept '06 and we stayed at WL...Not for kids IMHO....(last year was cruise on the magic). So here goes it.......

The Cast:

Grand(62)--or mommybucks as I like to refer to her....This would be my mother who insists that we take her ONLY grandchildren at least once a year to the happiest place on earth. She is great with the children and buys them whatever they want when they want it...Out of respect for my mother..she is in charge. We let her plan everything out and then she runs the plans by me....

Jill(36)---Mom, that's me...I have loved WDW since I can remember...I have been at least 35 times that i can remember. I thought i knew a lot about WDW until I found these boards and now I know a lot more...I am so excited about this trip that my co workers think I have gone nuts...(I work in the mental health field. ) I am a bit afraid that I am gonna have to be the "bad guy" on this trip since my 2 children will get no discipline if I don't do it..remember they are the ONLY 2 grandchildren she has...

Tyler(35)---DH...and not going. He used to be a big disney fan until he got older and he started to realize that he really did not like the way things use to be run under who he refers to as the "evil man". But he has decided that will go next trip...I knew he would one day return..He loves the food and margaritas...big,big, margaritas..

Charlie (7)--My wonderful,too smart for his own good son. He's be 10 times and yeah he is excited to go but he is not bouncing. Loves the Buzz lightyear ride and would do that and test track the entire time. He is also making a list of things he want to buy. Also cannot wait until he gets back to his all time favorite arcade at POP.

Zoey (3)--My sweet, adorable daughter....Ok maybe not so sweet. She is actually a handfull. But she is my sidekick. She is always on my lap as we look throught the boards at the pics. She is excited but still not excited enough to use the potty..(another long story).

We arrive around 9am on the 29th at the airport but that may change as they keep moving our flight time forward. We also have tickets for MNSSHP. Grand is working very hard on our costumes. She and Zoey are going as clownes and me and DS are going as ghosts. Charlie does not like clownes and when the idea was brought up he let us know very loudly that he was only going as ghost and nothing else. Thank goodness for Grand...The last time Charlie wanted to be a ghost, I didn't do so good with the costume. Think about what a child might look like with a white sheet over his body and a white pillowcase over his head, he didn't get far when we realized how it appeared. So I am hoping the ghost outfits are a bit better this time. My job is packing for this trip....Trying to decide if i should go ahead and buy 2 more suitcases and take them empty on the plane since we are allowed 4 and I can get all the clothing into 2 or if I should just wait and get some Mickey luggage. Anyway, I will try and get pics up later this week and will continue with the pre report this weekend...

Working on getting the link up for my next post....
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post27942346

Last edited by izzyzoeybear; 10-27-2008 at 06:08 PM. Reason: Adding photos
Old 10-02-2008, 07:36 PM   #2
Jeff90
You outta see me do One way or another by Blondie
All those signs, letters, and numbers!

I hope you have a great time, it will be here before you know it. We are planned for Jan. 09, this will be our 1st trip. I am thinking about doing a trip plan on here too.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2008, 08:40 AM   #3
AngVT
My heart is at Disney, my body is in VT.

Subbing... I would like to hear your take on POP... We'll be going in a few weeks too...

(offsite trips)1983; Apr. 2003 Oct. 2004 Dec. 2007 Oct. 2008 - WL Oct. 2009 - CSR Dec. 2011 CSR (the princess' 16th birthday)
Old 10-03-2008, 07:09 PM   #4
izzyzoeybear
Mouseketeer

We love POP. We have stayed at many of the resorts. Use to be big CBR fans but POP has stolen our hearts. Our last trip we stayed at the WL. It is great for adults but I really found it not so kid friendly. I am sure others will dispute, but the balconies we too easy to climb on, the doors were heavy and the kids could not open them and well the food court sucked for the kids. Would make a great place for an anniversery trip. At POP we alway get a prefered room so it is not such a long walk to the pool, food and such but if you want to get sleep then also request the back side of the buildings so there is not noise from the pools late at night. I will have to see if I can find some of the pics from last trip where we stayed at POP.
Old 10-03-2008, 07:50 PM   #5
Disneylove1228
Mouseketeer

Hi! I'm joining in on this! I loved your first post!! YAY! I'm so excited!

I will probably be at Disney the same time you will be!

11/1 - 11/7 We are also staying at POP!!!!!

I love love love Pop! We have stayed there probably for the last 5 years, used to be Music and Movied we loved but when they opened this one up a year or so later, it was our new fave

We're going for our honeymoon... our first two nights will be at CSR! Love that one too!

Can't wait to hear more!! <33
Old 10-05-2008, 05:22 PM   #6
izzyzoeybear
Mouseketeer

The Halloween Fitting....and planning on days at what parks.

Ok so first of all, I am working on pics to get on here so you all have faces to go with the names. My DM however is making it very difficult to get any pics of her....and just so you all know my DD is a mud dauber...as soon as I get her out of the tub she is into something and has a dirty face, I think they should title her the pig pen princess..

Anyways...as stated in the earlier post my DM is making eveyone costumes and she needed me to try mine one this weekend so she could hem it. Now mind you we thought about costumes that we could come up with that had a Disney theme and we could all be in that theme but my DS would not go for it...So a ghost of sorts I am....Once the pic is up you all can tell me if it looks ok or not and be honest...I am stuck with it now so if I look like a dork then I want to know I look like a dork... I know I am looking like a dork in the pic but it was the best one. Last time I put DH in charge of taking pics...lol.

and the back view...which is my best side..lol

We worked on our plans for the week and here they are:

Tues Oct 28- when DS gets out of school will leave work and pick up DD at sitters and head to Indy (where my parents live) to get everything packed and get the kids settled in a non sleeping night..They just can't handle the excitment...Ok..OK...OK...They will probably sleep fine...I will be the one that is too excited to sleep... .

Wednesday Oct 29- getting up as some god awful hour to make our flight at 7am...mind you they keep pushing this flight earlier and earlier....I am ok with that since that just puts us at WDW earlier in the day.. But I will let you all know....I hate, hate, hate to fly...It is a control issue..If they would let me fly the plane then I would be fine with it all....

We should arrive to the airport around 9am a bit earlier....(I don't care how much I hate flying or how much it cost...2 hrs in a plane with 2 children opposed to 16 hrs in a car with them is worth every penny!!) Once at the airport we wait for ME...I am hoping not long and then off to POP.

Once we arrive at POP we will check in and then it is off to Epcot, first to see future world and then to the countries. Now we do not have free dinning and we have yet to get the DDP so we just eat at CS most the time....and eat when we are hungry so that way we do not have to be a certain places at certain times. I know some people really like to have a structured plan but it is vacation isn't it....We like to just go with the flow. After Epcot then we will head to the world showcase and make our way around the bakeries....I mean countries...We are hoping that both kids will make it to Illuminations that night and then back to POP for treats, swimming and bed.

Thursday Oct 30th---MNSSHP!!!! Yeah first time going to this one and the kids and me are hyped for it....We decided that since we had to get tickets that included the park admission we would wait until around 5 to go. So to DTD it will be...and shopping....Did I mention I have been on-call with my company for the last 4 weeks for the sole purpose of having more spending money then anyone really could need.... Yeah I love to shop...

After DTD (my mother has warned me already not to wear the kids out shopping. ) back to POP for swimming, naps and general down time until it is time to get ready to go...Then off to MNSSHP....We are hoping that we will be able to stay until closing at midnight. My DM is stoked because DD is 41" tall and can ride most of the rides now and she is a dare devil. We are planning on getting there around 5ish...and riding as many rides as we can. Then hopefully we will be in line for the trick or treating when it starts to get that over with....and then on to the other activities for the night. We have been checking out pics of everyone else on here for the last few days so both kids have an idea of what to expect. Then back to POP to sleep....

Friday Oct 31st---Halloween..... and HS...This is the only park where we have an ADR for Hollywood and Vine. I have heard/read mixed reviews but it was the only resturant left for the "dinner and a show" with seating for Fantasmic so we are eating there. Will let you all know what we thought of it when we get back...as long as they have mac and cheese my kids won't care. Once we are done at HS then back to POP to partake in the Halloween activites there....Also while at the MK we are going to get buckets and fill them with treats for the kids to have delieved back at the hotel and then placed in the room for them as a special treat since they will not be able to trick or treat with their friends and such....Then a bit of swimming, and to bed.....

Saturday Nov 1st---AK it is. DD has not been to AK and she loves animals so thought this would be a good way to end the vacation. And to be honest it has been a long time since I have been to AK...We always have done 2 days at MK in the past. We are hoping to be able to eat at the RainForest Cafe. My DM is not into international foods as much and DH and I are so will have to save that for next year... We have never had much of a wait to eat there before so hoping we will be able to get right in. The other problem we may encounter at AK is that DD has seen a lot of pics of EE and she keeps telling us that she is going to ride it,,but she is not tall enought yet for it...This day is what I am anticipating as being the meltdown day for her....We will see...

After AK back to POP to play, swim, start packing for home and relax with the kiddos....

Sunday Nov 2nd.....POP in the morning and then off to the airport at 11 for a 2pm flight...and as the famous words of Jim Neighbors...Back home again in Indiana... And to start planning for our next trip...

And in all these plans I left out one important detail about how my DS likes to spend his time....IN THE ARCADE!!! Last trip we had to drag him out of the arcade everyday to go to the parks....all that money for the arcade..

Last edited by izzyzoeybear; 10-07-2008 at 07:04 PM. Reason: photo mod
Old 10-07-2008, 07:06 PM   #7
izzyzoeybear
Mouseketeer

Finally, after hours of trying. I was able to get a few photos up and running. Will get a few more on here hopefuly this evening...
Old 10-09-2008, 04:43 PM   #8
izzyzoeybear
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngVT View Post
Subbing... I would like to hear your take on POP... We'll be going in a few weeks too...
Cool...Thanks for joining in. I hope I can give you some good pics and reviews of POP. Like i said before, we have stayed at a lot of resorts but my family just loves POP!!
Old 10-09-2008, 05:00 PM   #9
izzyzoeybear
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylove1228 View Post
Hi! I'm joining in on this! I loved your first post!! YAY! I'm so excited!

I will probably be at Disney the same time you will be!

11/1 - 11/7 We are also staying at POP!!!!!

I love love love Pop! We have stayed there probably for the last 5 years, used to be Music and Movied we loved but when they opened this one up a year or so later, it was our new fave

We're going for our honeymoon... our first two nights will be at CSR! Love that one too!

Can't wait to hear more!! <33
Thanks for joining in!!! I was just able to read some of your PTR!! you are getting close. Is the excitment getting overwhelming yet? I am sorry I didn't reply earlier but I was trying to figure out how to get my pics in and how to reply with quotes....and well I think I got it now!!
Old 10-11-2008, 07:20 PM   #10
izzyzoeybear
Mouseketeer

To do or not to do shirts...

So the last few days have been filled with a lot "to do" things for Disney. The first conflict we encountered this week was should we do Character Dinning at TH or not...This was my DM's call...she was not sure if she wanted to do the breakfast or not since this is a quick trip and by the last day it maybe a challenge to get the kids out of bed...so after debating this back and fourth over the phone for 3 days we finally decided that we would not worry about it this time....but would do it next time...fine with me...i can sleep a little a longer.. Sleep makes a happy Mama....

I also got our personalized maps order that I had no idea about until I started on the DIS....My DS loved picking out the sites for the map...and it was a fun activity for both of us to do together...I sometimes think he feels a little left out since he does not really have a big say in anything that is planned for the trip...He is just getting to that age...Keep telling him that as soon as we think he is old enough we will let him plan a whole trip for the family on is own..but for now, it is "map making". I am just hoping that we did not do this too late and that we will get them before we leave...If not, then they will be in great shape for the scrapbook..

Now, I wanted to do something special for my DM but she is not the sappy type and she is very practical. So what to do, what to do.....and then I SAW THEM!!!! Matching shirts with the stick figures with names....So I was like OK, I can dig this and I think she would like it as well...So requested the "disign" be done and it turned out great...I really liked it, but would DM......HMMMMM should I or shouldn't I? If I did and she did like them well then I guess we just would wear them but then I would be out 45 bucks for them....(Not a whole lot but still that would be 45 bucks less to spend at DW). But if she liked them then well you know...It would be one of the mushy moments without tears and more excitement IYKWIM... So i decided what the heck..I am gonna do it. I spent Friday running all over, First to an office supply store that use to do the transfers..(my printer is not working at the moment.) but I was told they no longer did transfers on shirts, so then I called a local print shop and they said they would do it and heat seal it for $5 shirt. Not bad and would adhere better then using my iron. And they told me they could have them by 4 that day....Bonus!!! since DM would be coming over that night to pick up DS for a Saturday class he is involved in at Purdue. So off to Hobby Lobby to get the shirts and then to the printer....this is how they turned out....

Well, I gave her the shirts on Friday night and she loved them!!! Later that evening my Dad called me and told me that it was a perfect surprise for her and that was all she talked about on they way back to their house.

Up Next: The hunt is on for pins to trade.....
Old 10-11-2008, 08:13 PM   #11
eeyoresnr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzyzoeybear View Post

Well, I gave her the shirts on Friday night and she loved them!!! Later that evening my Dad called me and told me that it was a perfect surprise for her and that was all she talked about on they way back to their house.

Up Next: The hunt is on for pins to trade.....

I found your PTR and here I am
I love the shirts, thay turned out great... as you can see from the title of my PTR there won't be any "matching shirts" on this trip for us
keep the updates coming
1963-1999 Disneyland... Too many to list /Feb 2003 WDW All Star Sports- (Honeymoon- 1st WDW trip) / Jan 2004 WDW CSR (1st Anniversary)/ Aug 2004 Disneyland (Home-Sweet-Home) / Aug 2005 WDW CSR & POR / Dec 2005 CBR (MVMCP)/March 2006 WDW CSR (Braves / Dodgers) / April 2006 POR (Daughters 21st Birthday)Dec 2007 WDW ASMusic & Villas @WL (My Birthday & Our 5th Anniversary & 2 MVMCP)
Feb 2008 Pop Century / April 2008 ASMovies / Dec 2008 ASMusic, CR & OKW & AKL-(CL) MVMCP/Steam Train & Keys to the Kingdom Tours...
May 2009 CSR / Dec 2009 CSR & AKV Kidani SV / Bay Lake Towers / Boardwalk Villas (Backstage Magic Tour) / April 2010 AKV Kidani SV & FW Cabins / May 2010 CBR / Sept 2010 OKW / Dec 2010 CSR (My 50th Birthday)
April 2011 A.S. Sports/Bonnet Creek / May 2011 Bonnet Creek / Dec 2013 Bonnet Creek / March-April 2014 Bonnet Creek
Working on my ROAR! Jaxon's First trip to meet Mickey Mouse... Pre-Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2988090
Old 10-11-2008, 08:26 PM   #12
izzyzoeybear
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyoresnr View Post
I found your PTR and here I am
I love the shirts, thay turned out great... as you can see from the title of my PTR there won't be any "matching shirts" on this trip for us
keep the updates coming
Cool!! Happy to see ya....My Dh loves the Grumpy shirt and he has an idea for them when we all go next fall but he has forbid me to post it on here as he is scared someone will take his idea. but if you are really intersted I will have to let you in on it...
Old 10-11-2008, 08:58 PM   #13
eeyoresnr
DIS Veteran

well, you could always PM me with details
1963-1999 Disneyland... Too many to list /Feb 2003 WDW All Star Sports- (Honeymoon- 1st WDW trip) / Jan 2004 WDW CSR (1st Anniversary)/ Aug 2004 Disneyland (Home-Sweet-Home) / Aug 2005 WDW CSR & POR / Dec 2005 CBR (MVMCP)/March 2006 WDW CSR (Braves / Dodgers) / April 2006 POR (Daughters 21st Birthday)Dec 2007 WDW ASMusic & Villas @WL (My Birthday & Our 5th Anniversary & 2 MVMCP)
Feb 2008 Pop Century / April 2008 ASMovies / Dec 2008 ASMusic, CR & OKW & AKL-(CL) MVMCP/Steam Train & Keys to the Kingdom Tours...
May 2009 CSR / Dec 2009 CSR & AKV Kidani SV / Bay Lake Towers / Boardwalk Villas (Backstage Magic Tour) / April 2010 AKV Kidani SV & FW Cabins / May 2010 CBR / Sept 2010 OKW / Dec 2010 CSR (My 50th Birthday)
April 2011 A.S. Sports/Bonnet Creek / May 2011 Bonnet Creek / Dec 2013 Bonnet Creek / March-April 2014 Bonnet Creek
Working on my ROAR! Jaxon's First trip to meet Mickey Mouse... Pre-Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2988090
Old 10-12-2008, 03:23 PM   #14
izzyzoeybear
Mouseketeer

The hunt for trading pins.....

So Saturday we had to go to a wedding reception for my cousin in Lafayette...(about 2hr drive) and se it was decided that since we would be going thru Indy we would stop at one of the malls along the way to hop in the Disney Store to surprize my DS with a set of pins to trade...or so we thought. We get to the store (DS is with my parents and meeting us at the reception) and well, I know it has been a while but it was not the Disney Store that I remember...It was very generic and everything was on sale. I asked one of the CM and she told me that is is now and outlet store. Oh...Ok no big deal....
Me-"Can you tell me where your pins are?"
CM-"Writing pens or lapel pins?"
Me-"Lapel pins for trading at WDW."
CM-"Oh sorry we don't carry those anymore in the stores."
Me-"What????"
CM-"Well we do have Sleeping Beauty but that is all."

Not that there is anything wrong with Sleeping Beauty but DS does not want his first trading pin to be Sleeping Beauty...I can hear it now...."Why did you get me this one..It is for a girl..." all of you with boys know where I am coming from...

But all was not lost at this store....I was able to score 2 tee shirts: 1 for DD and 1 for myself both 2.99. We are going to wear them the day we leave on the plane.

Here is a pic:

They did not have that would fit my son. Limited selection on boys clothing. Then I picked up this backpack for a carryon for 7.99

My DD got a few other things but it was the cheapest trip we have had to a Disney Store in a long while....

So off we go to the reception...no pins in hand...what to do?? We could get on ebay, but the trip is so close now not sure that we would get them in time.
So we decided that on the way back we would just take Interstate 65 thru Indy to the southside and hit the Greenwood Mall.

We had a great time at the reception but as others were small talking my DM and I were discussing the pin issue and what we can do for DS if we can't find him some before we leave.

So after the reception we head to the other Disney store in the state that is not way out of the way. I will have to say their collection of stuff was a lot more but alas...still no pins.....

Now I know we can get him pins at the park and that is not a problem...I was just trying to get him a few before we left so he could trade with CM's at ME and as we first get to the hotel....

I am hoping someone can tell me if they have them at the Disney storefront at the airport so I maybe able to run and pick some up there....I guess we will just have to see how it goes....

Next: How many suitcases should we bring??
Old 10-14-2008, 01:13 PM   #15
Disneylove1228
Mouseketeer

Omg I LOVE your SHIRTS!!! They are SO CUTE!!!!!! How absolutely perfect they are! Sorry to hear about the ordeal with the trading pins... personally, I guess with gas being so high, I'd make a mad dash to the hotel lobby when you get to Orlando and grab some pins when DM is watching the kids for a min... but that's just me b/c I hate driving LOL

I hope someone else has a better idea... Good luck with that! Hope it works out for you!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: