Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2008, 12:31 AM   #16
pmama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstack View Post
I can not wait to hear more about your trip.
Thanks so much, working on next installment now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teruterubouzu View Post
Your title has me very curious. I hope it's a euphemism and no one really has two broken arms. That would be such a nightmare!
Nightmare, that's what I thought. But Disney has a way of making even the worst situations magical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateryan View Post
I'm in! You have a beautiful family! I have a question about your 1st WDW trip - how was late October crowd wise? I'm thinking about going the 3rd week of October for future trips (we have gone early November and early December - so I like low crowds. )

Waiting for more - 2 broken arms!
Well, last year in October we thought the crowds were actually not too bad. Everything did have a wait but it was rare to wait more than 30-49 min. However, after going in September, October last year was WAY busier than Sep. this year. Our whole trip was virtually a walk on. Amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by copper0426 View Post
You do have a beautiful family. I am subscribing. Can't wait for more.

Diane
Thanks so much for subscribing Diane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenvenza View Post
Adorable family!! Cant wait to hear more about your trip!
Thanks so much. So glad you've joined us.

Last edited by pmama; 09-29-2008 at 12:58 AM.
Old 09-29-2008, 12:56 AM   #17
pmama
DIS Veteran

30 days till Disney!

So, after months of feverous planning. Booking, canceling, and rebooking ADR's, etc. we were down to just 30 days. It was a long wait for us all but especially the girls since they had known about it from the beginning. We don't surprise them with the trip. We find that we have more fun building the suspense and making plans with the girls. So, it was time for our 30 day party and to start the 30 day count down calendar. The girls had so much fun putting a taking turns putting a sticker for each day down. I also filled a bowl w/ 30 hershey kisses and let one child eat a candy each day so we could watch the bowl empty as we got closer. This was fun for us all.

This time we made Mickey pancakes.

We opened a few final gifts. More matching clothes for the girls, glow sticks, panchos, etc. (Yes, I gift the cheapy stuff too. Milk every thing for it's moneys worth).

And of course, I got another fun shirt. Yes, I pick out my own gift and put it in a bag and act surprised while everyone else knows that is what I'm doing.

Well all was in place. Packing got started. Trip was overly planned. With all this planning and waiting what could go wrong. Ooops, I forgot to knock on wood.

Up next. . . the DOWNFALL

Last edited by pmama; 10-08-2008 at 03:27 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-29-2008, 01:39 AM   #18
ThePin Princess
disney princess

your girls are so cute i'm loving the trip report so far
Old 09-29-2008, 05:11 AM   #19
tdryl98
Earning My Ears

Subscribing. I can't wait to read more.
November 1983 June 1989 December 2002 November 2003 January 2004 September 2004 November 2004 January 2005 October 2005 December 2005 February 2006 June 2006 October 2006 January 2007 August 2007 May 2008 October 2008 April 2009 January 2010
Old 09-29-2008, 07:11 AM   #20
TwinglesMFP
Earning My Ears

You have my interest peaked! Great report so far - can not wait to read the rest!
Old 09-29-2008, 08:08 AM   #21
teruterubouzu
DIS Veteran

It sounds like you do a lot to make the trip even more exciting for your kids!

August 7-11, 2009 - Went back for a long weekend with my brother to relive old family vacation memories.
May 8-11, 2009 - Long weekend at Coronado Springs

August 2008 Trip Report: Disneyfied! Two sisters return to Walt Disney World after 21 years. (apologies for abandoning this)
Old 09-29-2008, 08:56 AM   #22
WDWRocksMySocks
maybe I just have mullets on the brain?

I love your Mickey pancakes - very cute! Your girls are absolutely adorable. Look forward to hearing more about your trip.
Old 09-29-2008, 08:56 AM   #23
Me&3
DIS Veteran

I love the partys . I also like to buy little gifts for myself and act surprised . It makes the kids laugh. I'll be here waiting for more .
Old 09-29-2008, 03:50 PM   #24
irky416
DIS Veteran

I'm enjoying your trip report so far! Your girls are cute. I can't wait to read more!
Old 09-29-2008, 03:53 PM   #25
JzeroT1437
My advice: Get mono

I clicked this thinking there'd be an elaborate mafia-related backstory. The lack of one left me a little sad.
Old 09-29-2008, 06:10 PM   #26
TCKK
DIS Veteran

I'm here. Looking forward to hearing more.
Old 09-30-2008, 12:03 AM   #27
pmama
DIS Veteran

The Downfall

Alright, this is the part you have all been waiting for. Is she serious about two broken arms? Is it a play on words? Who had two broken arms?

Well, it all starts with early January of this year when I had foot surgery. Before that I had run for both mental and physical exersize. I love running but my feet are just not made to run that much. I did several half marathons before the pain just became too much. I had a nerve in the ball of my right foot removed and still need to do the left foot. Well, my very understanding running partner and good friend stuck with me and we decided to diversify. We decided we wanted to try a Triathlon. With triathlons you don't do near as much running and can cross train. I swam in highschool so that was not a problem for me. My friend however learned to swim and I can't believe how quickly she learned. We trained all summer and on Sept. 7 (3 days before Disney) we set out to race in our first sprint Triathlon.

The swim for this particular race was in a pool. I did awesome in the swim. Passed up everyone in my lane and was pumped as I ran to transition onto bike.

I got my shoes, helmet, shorts, glasses on and zoomed off on my bike. . . . .
Ignore the date stamp on these pics. It's wrong.

Time out. . . . . . . I can already see some of you foreshadowing. You think you're so smart don't you? O.K. you're probably thinking, oh, she's going to biff it off the bike. . . Well, you would be correct then. I set off very fast and immediately there was a very steep hill with a sharp turn at the bottom. At the bottom there was a lady directing traffic. Because this race started in tons of seperate heats everyone was not hearded together. In fact there was no bike in front of me and I could not tell by her wimpy little motion she made which way I was to go. So I gently (hmm, I think it was gently) tapped on my brakes for the turn and to make sure I was heading the right way. BAM. Who ever knew just how well that front brake works when you tap it while zooming strait down a steep hill. (Guess I spent too much time training in cycling class and not enough actually out on my bike.) I was literally thrown over my handle bars. Funny thing is I didn't get a scratch. But that also lets you know how I must have come straight down, on what else but my ARMS. OWE. Not to mention how embarrasing. Luckily we were past the crowd of family and friends but the lady at the bottom of the hill came running and a couple of cyclist behind me said "are you ok?" as they zoomed by. All I could say was owe, owe, owe. I sat up and clutched my knees to my chest in pain.

So, what do you suppose happened next? It's my favorite part of the story really.
To Go or Not To Go

Last edited by pmama; 10-08-2008 at 03:31 PM.
Old 09-30-2008, 12:16 AM   #28
pmama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePin Princess View Post
your girls are so cute i'm loving the trip report so far
Thanks a bunch, glad you're enjoying it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdryl98 View Post
Subscribing. I can't wait to read more.
I'm so glad to have readers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinglesMFP View Post
You have my interest peaked! Great report so far - can not wait to read the rest!
Glad I was able to peak you're interest. Glad you're here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teruterubouzu View Post
It sounds like you do a lot to make the trip even more exciting for your kids!
Yes, that really is half the fun for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWRocksMySocks View Post
I love your Mickey pancakes - very cute! Your girls are absolutely adorable. Look forward to hearing more about your trip.
Thanks, of course the girls are not big pancake eaters so we had a lot of leftover pancake that day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me&3 View Post
I love the partys . I also like to buy little gifts for myself and act surprised . It makes the kids laugh. I'll be here waiting for more .
Yep, I'd just assume buy myself something I like than be surprised by something I don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irky416 View Post
I'm enjoying your trip report so far! Your girls are cute. I can't wait to read more!
Thanks, I think they're cute so it's great to know others do as well. Since I am a bit biased of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCKK View Post
I'm here. Looking forward to hearing more.
So glad you're here.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:42 AM   #29
Me&3
DIS Veteran

Don't stop now more more
Old 09-30-2008, 08:54 AM   #30
Mickey'sMainMami
I love playing video games!!
I also love playing with my nephew's toys!

I am on board, waiting for more, and the suspense is killing me! Well, actually, we know what comes next, but you have to finish the story!!! I can't believe that happened to you, I am sooooo sorry!!! I am glad it didn't keep you from Disney and I hope it was able to help you take your mind off it!! And, I should have put this first, but you and your family are just cute as buttons, does anyone say that anymore??? But it's true, your family is beautiful!! Again, can't wait to hear more!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: