Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2008, 08:00 PM   #61
anc22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
Don’t plan on passing out 273,000 fish extender presents and think you won’t have to ship some of them ahead of time.
Old 08-28-2008, 11:44 PM   #62
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Actually it was me... and it was only 272,000 fish gifts....

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-29-2008, 08:27 AM   #63
chepic
I tear up whenever I hear "Welcome Home." Some people say I have "issues."

Love the kids!!!!!! You must take wonderful care of them; they look happy and healthy, too bad you can't take them on the cruise with you.

You are ssssoooooo right about the Disney cruise versus the other lines, we don't talk about RCL as much the Disney cruise...they must sprinkle pixie dust in their alcoholic beverages!!!!!

And as for the disboards....so glad I have discovered them, and now I must live vicariously through everyone else until we can scrape up enough money to go on the new ships.

Have a great long weekend!!!

Oh, and as for the fish extender gifts....think little....think flat....save space

cheryl
Old 09-04-2008, 10:43 PM   #64
anc22
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the Door Magnet images! I will for sure be using ATLEAST one of them.
Old 09-05-2008, 09:58 AM   #65
Mozart
There's one in every crowd...and it's usually me

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn&nelsonrego View Post
My thought on Hurricanes and Tropical Storms?

It's a ship. It moves. :
Exactly. Just don't forget to take seasickness tablets in case. I'm hearing that the 5 day going on right now has had some pretty rough seas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewmac View Post
GEEE I wonder who he could be talking too,.... ::coughs:: Arin and I? maybe
Oh, no. Not at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anc22 View Post
Well, you said you pulled it off. At least you'll have room for souvenirs on the way back. That is, unless you receive 272 fish extender gifts back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post
Actually it was me... and it was only 272,000 fish gifts....
Yeah.,...okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chepic View Post
Love the kids!!!!!! You must take wonderful care of them; they look happy and healthy, too bad you can't take them on the cruise with you.

cheryl
We though about trying to pass one of them off as a assistance dog, but that just wouldn't work. The chihuahua doesn't handle strangers too well, and the IG is just not...well...let's just say that we think he's a natural blonde.

No offense to blondes. I'm just stereotyping.

Quote:
Thanks for the Door Magnet images! I will for sure be using ATLEAST one of them.
Let me guess...the one with the princesses on it? I figured you might like that one. Don't forget that I've got blanks for most of those that you can modify to say whatever you want.
Magic 7 Night Eastern - 11/08 - Life Stinks Season 3
Wonder 3 Night - 04/10 - Life Stinks Season 4
10th Anniversary at Victoria and Albert's

Mozart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 08:25 AM   #66
Mozart

Okay, I've updated my picture bank and have come up with some more:

The cast from Life Stink Season 1. On the left are my brother Wil and his partner Steve. They will be making a guest appearance later in this report. In the middle are my parents, who may play a supporting role. We're still in contract negotiations with them. This picture was taken as we were leaving to board the cruise. Notice that my wife has her cellphone stuck to her ear. She had to stay in communication with the office right up until the last possible minute.

If you only knew the trouble I went through to get this picture. I had to ask a cast member to move not once, not twice, but 3 times. I didn't even plan to have the Wonder and Flying Dutchman in the background. I just got lucky that way.

My mother and wife at Animator's Palate:

April 2007: (Our 10th wedding anniversary)

Getting ready for Victoria and Albert's. Highly recommended. I think we're still paying it off though. Never knew there was a restaurant that offered in house financing before.

Tea at the Grand Floridian. Erica - have you gotten Lionel there yet?

Sharing a "Kitchen Sink" at Beaches "n" Cream. That thing made me sick. But if it's good enough for Samantha Brown, it's good enough for me.

Just a few weeks earlier when I spilled water on my laptop. We took this as an omen of things to come.

Old 09-09-2008, 10:41 AM   #67
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

love the pics... the kitchen sink looks tempting.. hmmmm
Old 09-09-2008, 09:10 PM   #68
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Cool pics!!! & I love the omen...

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Old 09-16-2008, 08:02 AM   #69
Mozart

Last set of pictures, I promise.

For those of you who read Season 2, here's the remainder of the cast. (her parents)

My wife has such a rough life. A glass of wine...a rainforest room...

6 AM sunrise at Castaway Cay

From the observation tower at the other end of Castaway Cay:

Okay, this was actually in the cast member area of Serenity Bay. We saw it from about 30 feet away and just couldn't resist taking a closer look. I'd say it was about 2 feet across.

The entrance to the EPCOT food and wine festival. For those of you who didn't read Season 2, we were at EPCOT the day before the Festival was supposed to begin. They did a soft opening that day. Really great way to finish up the trip.

Now we'll forget the past and return to Season 3...

Old 09-16-2008, 10:40 PM   #70
Tink rules

Why stop??? I Love pictures.. especially all the ones your going to take this cruise!!!

Old 09-22-2008, 07:53 AM   #71
Mozart

Episode 6: Goin' shoppin'

Well, It's going full scale now. Ebay and Paypal are the two most visited websites at our house. Either my wife or I one spend every night at a store or online looking for something for the cruise. An order of bath gel from H2O Plus (I love that stuff.) a new shirt from a men's store, even dramamine from Target gives us the warm fuzzies that we're getting closer. I also found a sweet deal on cologne at TJ Maxx. (Speaking of which, I am a huge fan of Paris Hilton's colognes. Right now I'm using the one she has called "Heir." I don't know how a trainwreck like that is getting ahold of such nice scents but she's doing one thing right. Now back to our regularly programming...just had to get a little more product placement in the report.)

We've started the packing list and pulling things aside. Pretty much, we can tell you what we're going to wear to every dinner, excursion, wine tasting, etc... My wife was kind enough to make sure our outfits complemented each other nicely without looking too corny (What is this, a high school prom?) Now it's just a matter of packing those items, or going to pick up new stuff where needed. One whole section of the closet has been set aside as cruise items. All the suitcases are out, too. And we still have 1 1/2 months to go. In addition, I'm buying new underwear for every day of this trip. My mom will be so proud to hear that.

My wife has decided that she wants to get dressed up in full pirate regalia for the deck party. Ain't happening. I'll wear a pirate t-shirt:

and an earring/eyepatch we got awhile back, but full pirate regalia? No way. That's just not me. I'm much too formal and educated of a guy to do that sort of thing.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to stare longingly at some cartoon princesses.

Old 09-22-2008, 12:03 PM   #72
Tink rules

LOVE the shirt... where did you get it???

Sorry Paris... but I'm a Chanel #5 girl...

Old 09-22-2008, 12:16 PM   #73
Morgan4
1st Time Cruiser

Quote:
Well, It's going full scale now. Ebay and Paypal are the two most visited websites at our house. Either my wife or I one spend every night at a store or online looking for something for the cruise. An order of bath gel from H2O Plus (I love that stuff.) a new shirt from a men's store, even dramamine from Target gives us the warm fuzzies that we're getting closer. I also found a sweet deal on cologne at TJ Maxx. (Speaking of which, I am a huge fan of Paris Hilton's colognes. Right now I'm using the one she has called "Heir." I don't know how a trainwreck like that is getting ahold of such nice scents but she's doing one thing right. Now back to our regularly programming...just had to get a little more product placement in the report.)

We've started the packing list and pulling things aside. Pretty much, we can tell you what we're going to wear to every dinner, excursion, wine tasting, etc... My wife was kind enough to make sure our outfits complemented each other nicely without looking too corny (What is this, a high school prom?) Now it's just a matter of packing those items, or going to pick up new stuff where needed. One whole section of the closet has been set aside as cruise items. All the suitcases are out, too. And we still have 1 1/2 months to go. In addition, I'm buying new underwear for every day of this trip. My mom will be so proud to hear that.

My wife has decided that she wants to get dressed up in full pirate regalia for the deck party. Ain't happening. I'll wear a pirate t-shirt:

and an earring/eyepatch we got awhile back, but full pirate regalia? No way. That's just not me. I'm much too formal and educated of a guy to do that sort of thing.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to stare longingly at some cartoon princesses.

WHAT do you mean that you are starting to pack already. That means that I am WAY behind!!!

So glad about the underware thing, we were ALL wondering about that!!

Love the t-shirt, but my "formal and highly educated guy" will be wearing full attire. (His idea!!)

Ok, now I am going to pull the suitcases out right NOW!!

DH DW DD (12) DD (8)
2008 - Disney Magic Eastern, (turned into Western)
2006 - WDW, Caribbean Beach
2004 - WDW, All Star Movies
2002 - Animal Kingdom, no kids
DH - WDW, 1972, 1974, 1976, 1983
Morgan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 03:06 PM   #74
anc22
DIS Veteran

Quote:

One whole section of the closet has been set aside as cruise items. All the suitcases are out, too. And we still have 1 1/2 months to go.
Our suitcases were out WELL before the cruise too. It makes the cruise feel closer
Old 09-23-2008, 08:36 AM   #75
Mozart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post
LOVE the shirt... where did you get it???

Sorry Paris... but I'm a Chanel #5 girl...
www.bigdogs.com

In the top right hand corner under "Find It" do a search for Caribbean. 4 shirts should pop up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan4 View Post
WHAT do you mean that you are starting to pack already. That means that I am WAY behind!!!

So glad about the underware thing, we were ALL wondering about that!!

Love the t-shirt, but my "formal and highly educated guy" will be wearing full attire. (His idea!!)

Ok, now I am going to pull the suitcases out right NOW!!
C'mon now! I'm counting down to the last day of work which is only 43 days away. By the time I get all my clothes sorted out, send to the dry cleaners what I need, get it back, pack everything and then try to figure out how to get all of our stuff in 4 suitcases, meaning I'll have to repack it, those 43 days will be gone.

You need to get moving!

Quote:
Our suitcases were out WELL before the cruise too. It makes the cruise feel closer
I have some instructions for you, Drea, and Erica. I want the three of you to meet up on one of the at sea days. Order 3 Bahama Mamas. Since Drea apparently has a thing for umbrellas, I want her to go get 3 umbrellas and place one in each drink. Then, I want the 3 of you to drink those Bahama Mama's after giving a toast dedicating the drinks to me.

I don't ask much.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: