Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2008, 03:51 PM   #31
#1hockeymom
Wants to DRIVE the zamboni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff_M View Post
It wasn't how he said it, it was what he said that impressed me. It's incredibly ironic now, but the topic of his speech was personal responsibility and the duty that we have to others. Knowing that a Republican's chances in Detroit is about that of snowball's in Hades, Kilpatrick seemed like about the best person you could hope for under the circumstances.

I remember the same speech! I brought it up just last week! Early on you really thought the kwamster could make a difference. Oh... he made a difference all right!

Dh signed up for DeVos's campaign as soon as he was announced. Took a month of him listening to me, news, read to realize that we didn't have a choice! Very similar to the campaign four years earlier... anyone want Feiger for governor? BWAAHAHAHAHAHAH oh stop me now.

He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
#1hockeymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 03:57 PM   #32
#1hockeymom

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelbug View Post
Anyone have any thoughts/predictions on what will eventually happen to Christine Beatty?
She'll be found guilty and get a longer sentence than Kilpatrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeVee View Post
Tell the unions to stop pricing the cars out of the market.
It has to do with the cost of engineering, materials, the federal government's crash, fuel economy, emission standards, etc. Comparable Japanese cars built in non union plants cost the same or more. It isn't the union. (and no, dh doesn't work for or in a union.) Perhaps you'd rather the ALL be built overseas at 2 bucks at hour by a kid in a third world country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrerMom View Post

I write so many checks to SWM (fill in the blank with the name of the group), it's not even funny. I thought on a Michigan thread I could abbreviate, but I'd never made the connection to single white male!
Wait till your husband finds out you're a single white male!

He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-20-2008, 04:00 PM   #33
Geoff_M
DIS Veteran, DVC Member, "Cum Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wardfamily1 View Post
This question if for Goeff_M (or anyone else who can answer): What's the issue with Amway?
Long story short, my parents' 8 years in Amway/Quixtar almost destroyed their marriage and has left them close to financial ruin. This Dateline segment pretty much sums up what my parents bought hook, line,... and sinker. Books, tapes, meeting fees, and such... they did it all. They were convinced all of the time that "freedom" was just right around the corner. What they didn't know was that those things (books, tapes, "major function" fees, etc.) were the primary income source of those they "worshiped", and not the commissions from the sales of Amway products. Even though Amway isn't directly responsible for these scams, they know about the abuses, but they are dependent on the sales from the scammers and have decided to look the other way. Therefore, I view them as being just as guilty.

"Cry 'Havoc', and let slip Tomas Holmstrom!!!"

"In-a da crease... Out-a da crease... In-a da crease... Out-a da crease!!!!"

"Way, way back many centuries ago... Not long after the Bible began..."
Geoff_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 05:38 PM   #34
Pinnie
Working a Dream Job
DVC Member: Beach Club Villas
"Shut up, smile and wear beige"

On another Michigan topic..

WAY TO GO MSU

GO GREEN

pinnie
Old 09-20-2008, 05:52 PM   #35
#1hockeymom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinnie View Post
On another Michigan topic..

WAY TO GO MSU

GO GREEN

pinnie
WOOO HOOOO! I forgot it was on! I went to the farmer's market and did some running around, then have been listening to foxnews.

I'll have to call up DH and tell him that we're winning so he's more than welcome to join and leave his belovedcoughlosing wolverines behind!

(I am #1hockeymom and I approve this message and the post script saying that I am only a Wolverine fan when they play those buckeye people)

-Edmund Burke
Old 09-20-2008, 08:00 PM   #36
travelbug
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1hockeymom View Post
anyone want Feiger for governor?
Oh great! Now I won't sleep tonight, with the thought of "Governor Feiger" in my head.
2005 - Feb.-BCV & POFQ; Mar.-BWV & SSR
2006 - Feb.-BWV & ASMo; Apr.-BCV; Nov.-BCV
2007 - Feb.-BCV; Apr.-Grand Cayman (DVC pts.)
2008 - Jan.-BCV; Dec.-BWV; 2009 - Apr.-SSR
2010 - Feb.-BCV; Apr.-Cabo San Lucas (DVC pts.), Dec.-BWV
2012 - Feb.-AKV; Apr.-BWV; Dec.-BWV & BCV
2013 - June-Aulani; 2014 - Jan.-BWV
2015 - Jan.-BCV & BWV
travelbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 08:13 PM   #37
JanDave
DIS Veteran

Hello Neighbors!

DH and I both grew up in Dearborn - I'm a Fordson grad and he's a Dearborn grad. We raised our family in Woodhaven and Allen Park a/k/a downriver. We have lived in the Lansing area since late 1992. We are frequently in the Dearborn and downriver area visiting friends and relatives and DH works (or primarily laid off this year) at the Ford Truck Plant in Wayne.

I thought KK would never resign because of his ego. I had to listen to his "farewell" speech and it sounded like he was on a campaign. But, of course, he said he'll be back.

Coleman ran the city into disrepair. Archer never had a chance to bring it back. KK wasted taxpayers' money. What a sad comentary about our beloved Motor City.

Do any of you, or are any of you old enough, remember Lou Gordon on channbel 50 with his rants on Jerome Cavanagh? This was in the 60s.

Yeah MSU!!!!! My DH was there and has season tickets.

Enjoy this beautiful weekend.

Jan
6/29/03; 6/16/05; 10/20/07; 9/14/08; B2B 11/18/10 and 11/21/10; 4/27/14

DREAM Cruise: 6/20/12
Upcoming Cruise:
Fantasy - 11/1/14
JanDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 08:20 PM   #38
#1hockeymom

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanDave View Post
Hello Neighbors!

DH and I both grew up in Dearborn - I'm a Fordson grad and he's a Dearborn grad. We raised our family in Woodhaven and Allen Park a/k/a downriver. We have lived in the Lansing area since late 1992. We are frequently in the Dearborn and downriver area visiting friends and relatives and DH works (or primarily laid off this year) at the Ford Truck Plant in Wayne.

I thought KK would never resign because of his ego. I had to listen to his "farewell" speech and it sounded like he was on a campaign. But, of course, he said he'll be back.

Coleman ran the city into disrepair. Archer never had a chance to bring it back. KK wasted taxpayers' money. What a sad comentary about our beloved Motor City.

Do any of you, or are any of you old enough, remember Lou Gordon on channbel 50 with his rants on Jerome Cavanagh? This was in the 60s.

Yeah MSU!!!!! My DH was there and has season tickets.

Enjoy this beautiful weekend.

Jan
I lived from K-5th grade a mile down Newburgh from the Wayne Assembly plant! Growing up I thought everyone lived near an auto plant. My dad worked at the NAOO building in Dearborn, which is no longer there.

I remember Lou Gordon, but not the rest. I was born in 66 (on Michigan state property! LOL)

-Edmund Burke
Old 09-20-2008, 10:20 PM   #39
MickeyCrazedMom
DIS Veteran

I heard this week that Feiger is considering a run for mayor.

I can't believe how many neighbors are dissers!! I currently live downriver, but was raised in Redford. Went to CMU for college. Alot of Metro Detroiters here!!!!
Old 09-20-2008, 11:20 PM   #40
wardfamily1

What in the heck does this mean?The only thing I didn't like was the toilet paper situation. I'm sure I'd manage just fine though

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyCrazedMom View Post
I heard this week that Feiger is considering a run for mayor.

I can't believe how many neighbors are dissers!! I currently live downriver, but was raised in Redford. Went to CMU for college. Alot of Metro Detroiters here!!!!
I heard that too. He doesn't currently live in Detroit though so he'd have to move.
Old 09-21-2008, 06:06 AM   #41
MidgeD79
DIS Veteran

Howdy neighbors! I live in Monroe which is south of downriver (there is a whole county below Wayne County!) I think the whole state of Michigan should apply for bankrupty and have the federal government bail it out.
Maybe we should have a dismeet?
MidgeD79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 07:07 AM   #42
wardfamily1

What in the heck does this mean?The only thing I didn't like was the toilet paper situation. I'm sure I'd manage just fine though

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidgeD79 View Post
Howdy neighbors! I live in Monroe which is south of downriver (there is a whole county below Wayne County!) I think the whole state of Michigan should apply for bankrupty and have the federal government bail it out.
Maybe we should have a dismeet?

I'm all for a DIS meet. MY aunt, who is also a DISer, and I tried to plan a DIS meet last year and no one showed up. Lot's of people SAID they would be there but they weren't.

I'm all up for trying it again though. Maybe that first meet was just a fluke thing.
Old 09-21-2008, 08:01 AM   #43
Lars624
Riddle Goddess
LOVES Cookie Monster
Those aren't typos, I'm bilingual.....
In all truth I'm quite DIS-organized

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyCrazedMom View Post
I grew up in Redford too

I've planned a few Michigan DIS meets in the past (haven't had one in a few years) that had pretty good turn outs.....we've met at 12 Oaks Mall in Novi & at Meridian Mall in East Lansing.

& Feiger running for mayor would be a disaster!
Old 09-21-2008, 08:32 AM   #44
figment52
Oh man, I checked out the website only to discover that I am Older than Peeps!

GO BLUE!!!!!!!!

Ann Arbor fan here.
figment52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 08:38 AM   #45
Kitty 34
Hums in her sleep, but never when she's awake
I only raise tomatos for those cute caterpillars... but I won't go near a tomato
Never underestimate the TF!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars624 View Post
I grew up in Redford too

I've planned a few Michigan DIS meets in the past (haven't had one in a few years) that had pretty good turn outs.....we've met at 12 Oaks Mall in Novi & at Meridian Mall in East Lansing.

& Feiger running for mayor would be a disaster!
I remember meeting you at the Meridian Mall meet. That was fun.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: