Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2008, 03:32 PM   #76
rpmdfw
I feel similarly about the cha-cha, electric slide, and mambo #5
Bridezilla, Groomzilla and Gayzilla all rolled into one

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGBOBOFTHENORTH View Post
This truly must be Disney's Best Kept Secret.
They're building a DVC kiosk there?!?!?!?!?
rpmdfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 05:06 PM   #77
paulh
likes to have a beer
Guiness?

what are they building in the parking lot to west side?
To me it looks like a docking area for water taxis,but its in the middle of the carpark noware near to anything
Paulh
been going since 1992 sayed offtite a few years then at ASMovies,ASmusic,ASsports,Pop,Caribiean beach.coranardo springs,port orleans,beach club,wildernes lodge,AK lodge,Vero beah,Hilton head island,Disneyland hotel ca,paradice pier ca and fav saratoga springs resort all in no particular order and how can i forget the disney 7 night cruise

"Fire. The Greatest Invention of Mankind. Beer. A Close Second."
paulh is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-07-2008, 08:32 PM   #78
Twilightlover
Mouseketeer

It would be great if they made it into a Theater District especially because they have three huge productions they could show: The Lion King, Mary Poppins and The Little Mermaid.

I would love a Newsies play too!!
Twilightlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 09:47 PM   #79
Luv2Roam
Dexter: Takes Life. Seriously.

Considering there are refurb buildings which have sat empty for at least 1.5 years, I am not holding my breathe anything will be replacing anything soon. It will be a dead zone. Nothing more than a pass through for a long while is my guess.
Luv2Roam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:19 PM   #80
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Roam View Post
Considering there are refurb buildings which have sat empty for at least 1.5 years, I am not holding my breathe anything will be replacing anything soon.
My guess is that some shops will go right away into that building that was refurbished and has sat empty for around 2 years; it's ready and they've got to have some tenants lined up by now. And while there has been a lot of speculation, I'm thinking the South American restaurant/night club is also going into the same building but back behind on the lake. It too is ready for occupancy. RRBC would take a year to renovate.

Paulh....not sure where you're talking about.

BobK/Orlando
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 12:51 PM   #81
PaulaSB12
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmdfw View Post
They're building a DVC kiosk there?!?!?!?!?
Considering how many there are I am waiting for them to turn up in the rest rooms, talk about a captive audience.

PaulaSB12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 02:27 PM   #82
zulemara
Oh Boy! I'm a WDW sailor!
Had a Thriller of a time on the Wonder

in one of these PI threads way back, someone mentioned an Orlando business owner who was looking to build a new club close to Disney. I heard yesterday from my friend that the new club will be located on 192 and opens the night PI closes. It's apparently called Island of Pleasure. Can anyone else give any details? What kind of music, how far from Disney, any press release? I searched the Sentinel's website but couldn't find anything.

zulemara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 06:33 PM   #83
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH
DIS Veteran

I'll see if I can find out anything about this venture; it's not anything that I've heard. Awhile back I posted that I had given a tour of PI to the guy who co-owns a large night club near Universal. He was in the process of opening a second club in the same area and my intent was to get him to play Mannequins type music on Saturday nights. He'd buy the revolving floor if it was for sale! I need to go visit him and see what's up with that. But I've heard no rumors of Islands of Pleasure in Kissimmee. Sounds like a multi-room strip club!

BobK/Orlando
Old 09-12-2008, 07:12 PM   #84
zulemara

Quote:
I'll see if I can find out anything about this venture; it's not anything that I've heard. Awhile back I posted that I had given a tour of PI to the guy who co-owns a large night club near Universal. He was in the process of opening a second club in the same area and my intent was to get him to play Mannequins type music on Saturday nights. He'd buy the revolving floor if it was for sale! I need to go visit him and see what's up with that. But I've heard no rumors of Islands of Pleasure in Kissimmee. Sounds like a multi-room strip club!

BobK/Orlando
aahh I thought it was you! I will go anywhere that has techno and a rotating dance floor, that's for sure!

multi-room strip club eh? Isn't that what pulse is for

either way, I'll take it! If he needs a DJ for techno, I'll be down there starting in Jan!

Old 09-13-2008, 10:30 AM   #85
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulemara View Post
I heard yesterday from my friend that the new club will be located on 192 and opens the night PI closes. It's apparently called Island of Pleasure. Can anyone else give any details?
This is very interesting. Last night at 8TRAX I was asking one of the bartenders what job she is going to end up with and she told me about her new server position at a certain Disney restaurant. But then she mentioned that even though the money will be better, she'd trade that for the current position and hours that she currently has and how she's going to miss it. And I commented how I had read that all the PI buildings have plans for them except the 8TRAX/Mannequins building. She disagreed and said that she didn't know what the plans are but there are definitely plans for that space. But then she mentions that they're building a new PI down at the south end of Disney and that she knows the contractor involved. I then mention the Island of Pleasure name and asked if it would be down on US 192 in Kissimmee? She says they've been told that they have first crack at bartender jobs if they want to come back. But then I interjected that Disney wouldn't build something off WDW property and she said no, this IS on Disney property and it is Disney.

OK, so how would something like this get missed in among all the rumors out there? Is something really coming....is it Disney...is it on Disney property....and why wouldn't Disney just announce it to placate all the upset people? Stay tuned as I investigate this breaking story!

BobK/Orlando
Old 09-13-2008, 01:03 PM   #86
KYMickey
Adding EARS to Kentucky!

Location: Louisville Kentucky, home of the Derby and the 2014 TPC championship!

Quote:
OK, so how would something like this get missed in among all the rumors out there? Is something really coming....is it Disney...is it on Disney property....and why wouldn't Disney just announce it to placate all the upset people? Stay tuned as I investigate this breaking story!
BobK/Orlando
Disney hasn't announced it because it isn't true just like all the other rumors. Actually this one must not be a very hot rumor since it hasn't come up before!
Old 09-13-2008, 11:01 PM   #87
zulemara

The area she is referring to is Flamingo Crossings I believe, which is just another outsourced area. It is possible they would put clubs in there, but I doubt it. The Islands of Pleasure thing is not supposed to be Disney and I didn't mean to interject that idea. It's completely separate.

Old 09-14-2008, 09:26 AM   #88
Luv2Roam
Dexter: Takes Life. Seriously.

Every so often I hear rumblings of non-Disney ventures taking over where PI left off, from Universal CW to 192. Hard to say what, if anything, will actually happen. There certainly is a market for it.
As mentioned by others, what is really left that is unique for Disney adults after dark? (answer: nothing. So we go elsewhere, stay home or in the resort room I guess. )
We wandered DTD yesterday waiting for the clubs to open. Nothing new or noteworthy in any of DTD. Although I was surprised at how few people were in WoD. Usually that place is packed. But not when we were walking through.
Luv2Roam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 12:05 PM   #89
KINGBOBOFTHENORTH
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulemara View Post
The area she is referring to is Flamingo Crossings I believe, which is just another outsourced area. It is possible they would put clubs in there, but I doubt it. The Islands of Pleasure thing is not supposed to be Disney and I didn't mean to interject that idea. It's completely separate.
No, I understood you. I was the one that told HER the name of the venture and that it would be non-Disney; SHE was the one that told me that Disney IS involved in a new night club venture elsewhere on property. She was not referring to Flamingo Crossings which of course is a completely different venture.

PI absolutely jammed last night; LONG LONG line at Comedy Warehouse and long line at The Adventurer's Club.

BobK/Orlando
Old 09-14-2008, 12:11 PM   #90
rpmdfw
I feel similarly about the cha-cha, electric slide, and mambo #5
Bridezilla, Groomzilla and Gayzilla all rolled into one

Quote:
No, I understood you. I was the one that told HER the name of the venture and that it would be non-Disney; SHE was the one that told me that Disney IS involved in a new night club venture elsewhere on property. She was not referring to Flamingo Crossings which of course is a completely different venture.

PI absolutely jammed last night; LONG LONG line at Comedy Warehouse and long line at The Adventurer's Club.

BobK/Orlando
Adventurers Club hit it's capacity around 10:30pm last night. People had to leave before they'd let the people waiting in line into the club.

As of Friday, the'yve removed all the tables and chairs from the Library and replaced it with banquet chairs set theatre style. This increased the capacity of the library, but even so, they've begun projecting the Hoopla onto a sheet draped over the balcony railing so that those people who can't get into the show can still watch it.

If it's this crazy now, it's going to be INSANE over the next two weeks.
rpmdfw is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: