Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2008, 06:14 PM   #76
IndayMichelle
Hopelessly addicted to DLR and WDW popcorn

I love this...

I just read the whole thread! This is far more entertaining than my Political Science paper that's due tomorrow.

And you are quite lucky that your DH is involved with your ADR planning. My DBF could care less at this point, as long as there are some vegetarian options wherever we go!

Disneyland 9/04, 9/06, 1/10, 3/10, 11/10, 4/11, 7/11, 10/11, 1/12, Leap Day 2012, 3/12
Contemporary Resort 7/00 - Caribbean Beach Resort 9/08 - Polynesian Resort 4/10

Old 07-03-2008, 07:54 AM   #77
TyRy
Part of the problem is I wear my shorts
It is making me nutty

Sorry it's taken me sooooo long to respond...trying to finish the basement before this weekend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggerwannabe View Post
My son "lived" on clam chowders his first trip to the world~

I know he's had both but that was many, many years ago...

The only review of Captain Jacks I've seen is MDF's and he went pretty much every trip with his family If you keep the ADR I will be interested to know your opinion of it~
I thought DH would be all appreciative that I found his Manhattan version...know what I got...I don't want to go there...I want it at LTT I need a banging my head on the desk smiley! I'm keeping the ADR because as soon as I cancel it he'll want to go there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndayMichelle View Post

I just read the whole thread! This is far more entertaining than my Political Science paper that's due tomorrow.
Hi there and welcome. Thanks very much and I hope you got your paper written!

Quote:
And you are quite lucky that your DH is involved with your ADR planning. My DBF could care less at this point, as long as there are some vegetarian options wherever we go!
I'm not sure if it's luck or a curse Since after I have everything set - which I've told him before I've set them - he then comes back and wants totally different things - usually about a month before the trip

I'm really hoping we get to take my birthday trip next year I want...I'm making ADR's only where I want and he'll have no say

BTW he still claims he will be calling LTT to see if he could get soup at dinner...I wished him well

Ty
Mickey's Hand is Back in my Pocket - A Trippie for Sept/Oct 08 and 1st Trip Home to AKV
Trip of New Phases, Friends & 40 - Sept 09 - CR/AKV
*A Giraffe Meets the Beach - Oct '10 BCV/AKV* *Oct '11 AKV/Poly *1st Birthday Trip and Disney Dream Cruise - Dec '11 AKV* *Oct '12 - 18 days! AKVJ, BWV, AKVK*
*Nov 2013 AKVJ* *Extra May 2014 Trip SSR*
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-31-2008, 08:33 PM   #78
TyRy
It is making me nutty

Our very first one!

Yep - It's very first....first annual passes that is. I figured we were going for ten days and I know that's about the break even point. But with my 40th birthday (insert dun dun dun music) looming next year I thought it would be fun to go with friends back to WDW. Well since many of mine of young children it was decided that we'd go early Sept so if they had to pull them out for a couple of days it would be early in the year. That meant we could get two trips out of these

With all the rumors of an upcoming price increase and then seeing the new price on the DVC website, it finally pushed me over the edge...that 46.00 I saved pays for more than 2/3 of the DDE card. I was very proud of myself yet DH did not seem very impressed Oh well, he'll appreciate once we get there (or at least he'd better!! )
Mickey's Hand is Back in my Pocket - A Trippie for Sept/Oct 08 and 1st Trip Home to AKV
*A Giraffe Meets the Beach - Oct '10 BCV/AKV* *Oct '11 AKV/Poly *1st Birthday Trip and Disney Dream Cruise - Dec '11 AKV* *Oct '12 - 18 days! AKVJ, BWV, AKVK*
Old 08-01-2008, 12:14 PM   #79
TyRy
It is making me nutty

And now it's time for a medical update...wait..medical update...TyRy didn't say anything about anyone being sick before this. Well, that's because I didn't know it until today! Remember my disappearing act trying to finish our basement before a party we were having. Well being on my feet night after night and in bad gym shoes took its toll and my foot started bugging me. I'd pry let it go, but we've got Disney in less than two months

So I finally see the doctor and I've got Tendonitis (no idea how to spell it) That means physical therary four times a week for the next month to make it so I can walk my ten miles a day at WDW. Only taking Advil for the pain, but if anyone has any other suggestions I'm open to them. Not on drugs (as I just realized how the last sentence sounded! ) but how to hurry up and heal this thing.

I think deep down DH may be hoping its not all the way healed (I know mean!) but then we can't do anything commando and he might actually get to relax on vacation
Old 08-01-2008, 04:37 PM   #80
stagemomx3
DIS Veteran

Sorry about the tendonitis.
Old 08-02-2008, 09:22 AM   #81
TyRy
It is making me nutty

Quote:
Originally Posted by stagemomx3 View Post
Sorry about the tendonitis.
Thanks Michelle - hopefully the PT will work and I'll be ready to rock and drive DH crazy commando style again!
Old 08-05-2008, 11:25 AM   #82
tiggerbell
DIS Veteran

So where in the feet is your tendonitis? I thought I had the Foot Problem Market covered, but I don't have that!
Old 08-06-2008, 04:13 PM   #83
TyRy
It is making me nutty

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggerbell View Post
So where in the feet is your tendonitis? I thought I had the Foot Problem Market covered, but I don't have that!
Supposedly on the outside of my left foot but I think my physical therapist is starting to wonder that too She seems to think the doc is only half right and that most of the pain is coming from (get ready for this spelling) plantars facticitus. I'm sitting here with my foot taped to see if that helps alleviate some of the pain I feel in my heel when I walk. I'm not panicking yet, but it's getting close....
Old 08-19-2008, 09:21 AM   #84
TyRy
It is making me nutty

WOW - TourGuideMike just told me we have 38!!! days until we leave...YEAH!!!! We are in the 30's - which if I may say so is a good set of numbers to be in. Too bad DH isn't in them anymore after a birthday this year (this is why I love that we are two years apart...makes my teasing easier!)

I'm trying to convince DH that we should do carry on only for our 10 days... I know - I think that is his reaction. BUT - if we can get five days of clothes into the suitcases we should be fine. Since we now have DVC and a 2 bedroom unit, we'll have laundry at our disposal. Fairly easy to toss stuff in in the am and then dry later that day.

This should also make it a little easier at the airport (and we all know how fond I am of airports and flying) No waiting for the checked luggage which can take FOREVER! I know the last time I picked up my niece at Midway we were there an extra 45 minutes. And after eleven days (as we have to drop the pup off the day before) I'm going to want to get home and go get our Corgi ASAP:

Not to mention I can start my vacation faster if I don't have to wait for luggage! We've got carry on's that fit SWA standards and I've been told by other Diser's that my backpack can be my personal item. Then cool - my buttpack (yes I use one of those - hey it holds everything!) and video camera which is now extra small can be tossed in and I'll be good to go. And since I got a fantastic rate at National (under $200!) and we are Emerald Club members we can get off the plane, walk to the car and go! PLUS - DIL's are driving and they said they would even take our extra stuff down if we have things that did not fit.

I've already started buying my 3oz liquids and they fit nicely w/room for extra contacts in the quart bag. It helps that we will each have one.

Next on my list is to call the doc and get some happy pills for the plane. HOPEFULLY these will work this time and I won't scare any flight attendants.

Ty

Last edited by TyRy; 08-29-2008 at 09:19 AM.
Old 08-29-2008, 09:16 AM   #85
TyRy
It is making me nutty

Drum roll please

1 MONTH FROM TODAY - 28 MORE DAYS

YEAH!!!!

Finally we are in the 20's and starting tomrrow we will be less than a month out!!!!

Now if only DH would get onboard and get excited

I've started making packing lists - I'm still trying to do carryon only..which might be a miracle if that happens Although at this point I think our dog's list is longer than ours!

Next week I see the doc to try and get a few make me not so scared of that stupid plane I'm being forced to fly (even if it does give us two extra days! ) pills and I'm still working on the foot thing. Now they think it might be a bone bruise which can take MONTHS to heal. I have 28 days to make it heal!!!

I'm now also thinking about changing an ADR - I know I know...I was all over DH about wanting to switch things, BUT this may be a good reason. It's only one and it would be cancelling our Capt'n Jacks which we were only going to so DH could have his Manhattan Chowder. I'm thinking a second visit to Chefs De France might be in order instead. We are staying at BW, we could walk over, and then I'd have two chances to have the best French Onion Soup at WDW

I also wish I knew when LTT served it at their lunch seatings - I'd try like crazy to get an ADR for that just to try it. Anyone know the soup rotation for LTT?
Old 08-29-2008, 09:27 AM   #86
Hedy
I'm 22 27 and I still kind of stammer
If you're old enough to hold a job, you're old enough to not burn popcorn

Woot! One month!
4/93-Dixie Landings*12/96-Dixie Landings*2/02-POR*DLR-8/05-Royal Stovall's Inn*3/06-POR*12/07-POFQ**8/08-POP/Dolphin*10/09-POFQSwan 12/10*Podcast cruise 12/10*AKV 8/11*AoA 1/13*AoA 4/13 Universal: 7/08 HRH, 7/09 RPR, 8/10 RPR
*A vegetarian and pescetarian do Disney dining 12/07*Hedy and the Carnivores 08/08*Hedy and Lexie Rock Vegas 12/08*
'Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten

Old 09-09-2008, 02:21 PM   #87
TyRy
It is making me nutty

Quote:

IndayMichelle - I never asked how your paper went...hopefully well!
Old 09-09-2008, 02:32 PM   #88
TyRy
It is making me nutty

Hi all,

I've been very neglectful in my dancing, so here it goes:

WE ARE IN THE TEENS!!!

17 to be exact.
OOOOOOOOOOOO - the Winger song "She's only Seventeen" just popped into my head. DH will cringe if he reads that

I finally got DH to look at the first couple of days of the schedule and they seem to work. He's a tad disappointed that we are not staying at the Contemporary (sold out when I check a couple months ago for the tower) and that we are doing BWV then AKV. I explained that it's F&W and there was no way to get into BWV except the first weekend and we were extremely lucky to even get that. He was hoping to be close to ESPN for the baseball playoffs - especially if our Cubbies are in it!

Oh well - if the schedule MLB published back in August holds, we'll actually be at Epcot for the first game, he'll have to skip Cali Grill for the second (I still think DFIL will go with me and DMIL to Cali Grill and then catch the end of the game), and the third could be tricky. It's our second to last night and I have Yachtsmen's planned. If it's a day game we should be ok...a night game could screw up all the plans. I CANNOT wait till the season is just about over and some of these schedules might be finished!

Oh - also went to the doctor and got "plane pills" same as last time, but she told me to start taking the Valium a couple of days before...should make my last day of work fun

Last edited by TyRy; 09-09-2008 at 02:38 PM.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:39 PM   #89
TyRy
It is making me nutty

Single Digit Dancing

Yep - it's that time...We are in the SINGLE DIGITS

I think my life has now turned into that commercial where the little boy goes "I'm to excited to sleep" If anyone is up at 3am CST and needs someone to chat with I'll be up - at least that's how things are trending this week. Not sure if it's the excitement about the trip, anxiety about leaving the doggie with my sis or the dreaded plane ride.

I also feel that it might be time to point out that DH predicted that I would not be able to stay with my tiny binder...I'll try and post a pic later so you can all see who won that battle
Old 09-17-2008, 01:39 PM   #90
Hedy
I'm 22 27 and I still kind of stammer
If you're old enough to hold a job, you're old enough to not burn popcorn

4/93-Dixie Landings*12/96-Dixie Landings*2/02-POR*DLR-8/05-Royal Stovall's Inn*3/06-POR*12/07-POFQ**8/08-POP/Dolphin*10/09-POFQSwan 12/10*Podcast cruise 12/10*AKV 8/11*AoA 1/13*AoA 4/13 Universal: 7/08 HRH, 7/09 RPR, 8/10 RPR
*A vegetarian and pescetarian do Disney dining 12/07*Hedy and the Carnivores 08/08*Hedy and Lexie Rock Vegas 12/08*
'Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: