Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2008, 09:30 AM   #121
karajeboo
DISmom by land and by sea!

Welcome back! Anxious to hear all about it!!!!

Check out my TRs: DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits..... May, 2011
The McSparklesons are BACK! And they are CRUISIN! March, 2011
DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,
Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen May, 2009, DISmoms Gone WILD!!!! , May, 2009
A Joint TR with "podsnel" and "Camster0307"

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
Old 08-30-2008, 01:40 PM   #122
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Welcome back!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-02-2008, 09:49 AM   #123
jackskellingtonsgirl
Jello Shot Chick
I am scarred for life from wearing knock off brands
I opened the door and gave them the "nanny death stare"!

Can't wait to hear about your trip!
AKV CL June '11 AKV June '10 AKL Dec. '09 AKV CL Aug. '09 AKL/SSR/Poly/AKV Aug. '08 AKL Dec. '07 WL Aug. '07 AKL Feb. '07 Pop Dec. '06 AKL Aug. '06 Pop Oct. '05 Pop Jan. '05

Old 09-04-2008, 08:11 AM   #124
LISAMWDW
DIS Veteran

Welcome back! We're just arrived back on Sunday night also! It sure was hot!
**2010 DISNEYLAND
2011-ROSEN SHINGLE CREEK**2014-CORONADO SPRINGS & DISNEYLAND

Old 09-04-2008, 08:41 AM   #125
cjhinch
Mouseketeer

The "How did I pull this one out of my hat?" TR - NEW! Updated 9/24

Welcome all to my very first Trip Report! I know I'm excited, and I hope you are as well!

For those of you just joining me, I did do a PTR that can be found here:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1850788

If you don't want to go back and read all of that, I will make some introductions here just so you know what you are getting yourself into!

First, we have MOI.......cjhinch......aka MOM. I am a 36 year old, not working at the moment, mother of 3. I didn't take my first trip to The World until I was 30 years old! But let me tell you, it was love at first sight! We have been back 2 more times since then, and this will make my 4th trip in 6 years!

Next we have the Daddy.....he's the "c" in cjhinch (I'm the "j")LOL. He is a 38 year old CRNA who likes to pretend that he doesn't love Disney just as much as the rest of us....but we all know the truth! How else would I have gotten him to agree to another trip to Disney, less than 12 months from our last trip, and only 2 weeks after we returned from our "real" summer vacation to the beach? See, he can't hide his love!

Our oldest is DS10. In all actuality, I think he is the biggest "kid" of all. He loves Disney, and even still loves the characters. It took a little longer on this trip for his love to come to the surface, but it was still there, buried underneath all that pre-teen act. Where do they learn to act that way?

Our second child is DS8/9. I say 8/9 because he was turning 9 on this trip!! Well, not actually on the trip. The trip was to celebrate his birthday, but we returned home on Friday, and his birthday wasn't until Saturday! He was the one who had begged the most to go back to Disney. I didn't realize how much he loved it until then! He even mentions getting married there one day! Oh to dream!

Last, but definitely not least, we have DD4. She has been lucky enough to celebrate 2 of her 4 birthdays at Disney so far. She won't be so lucky this year.....maybe next year? LOL She is truly a princess.....way more so than I ever imagined a daughter of mine would be. Another reason I was so gung ho to take this trip was because she is finally 40" tall!! Poor thing was definitely old enough to ride last year, just not quite tall enough! This year, she was going to make up for lost time!!

Well, that's pretty much it for our cast of characters. Hopefully, you will get to know us better as the trip goes on!

Up next, travel day one!

First attempt at a PTR!:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1850788
The "HOW DID I PULL THIS ONE OUT OF MY HAT?" Trip Report! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post27349670

Last edited by cjhinch; 09-24-2008 at 11:09 AM.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:59 AM   #126
cjhinch
Mouseketeer

Our first travel day!!

My goal this year was to have the car packed and ready so that when DH got home from work on Friday, we could just jump in the car and go! This was actually our first time driving to Disney. Every other time, we flew, and my kids were none to happy about having to drive. I was hoping they would make the best of it....I mean come on.....how hard can it be with all the entertainment options they have these days? Movies, ipods, Nintendo DS's, PSP's. I wasn't going to take much complaining that's for sure!

See, the way his schedule works is that the week before they are on vacation, they always take an in-house call on Thursday (which means in the hospital for 24 hours straight). That way, they are the first to go home the next day! Used to be that they rarely had to work much at all that next day, but recent months have been different, and we were worried that he would have to work a while on Friday! So it was up to me to pack the car!

I had all day Thursday to do that.......I am just not very good with deadlines.....added onto a million things to do! My brain is a little ADD, and when there are lots of things to do, it sortof just shuts down and can't get focused on completing anything!

Somehow, I managed to have that car packed and ready to go by about 11pm Thursday night! Of course, since Daddy was away, they all wanted to sleep in my bedroom with me. I can't say no to that, so there we were all piled in one bedroom when Daddy walks through the door at 8 am!

He got showered, and we were all up and ready to pull out by 9! I was pretty impressed!

Our first leg of the trip involved about a 9 hour drive to Savannah, GA. My uncle owns a condo there, and we were stopping there for the night.

My kids were AWESOME in the car! We drove thru McD's for breakfast about an hour from home, stopped for gas in Wytheville, VA (it was on $3.31/gallon!! ), stopped and picked up Subway for lunch somewhere south of Charlotte and we were in Savannah by 6 pm! We did start running into some rain here and there once we got into South Carolina (I'm sure it was part of Fay). We were just hoping it would all be gone by Sunday!

I took the kids for a swim at the pool while dh took a nap. We still needed dinner, so we cleaned up and headed to downtown Savannah to find some food! We parked on River Street, and pretty much walked into the first restaurant we saw. We were all starving!! The food was OK, did the trick on our grumbling bellies, and that's really all we needed!

I have to say that Downtown Savannah is absolutely gorgeous! We drove around a little bit, and even in the dark you could tell it just has all sorts of style.

Here is a pic of the boys posing on River Street (DD was in a bit of a mood at that moment):

And here is a picture of a gorgeous church.......and look......there is even a hidden mickey! Can anyone guess how it got there?

After that, we headed back and crashed in the beds. We were hoping to get up and get an early start the next day......but my kids (and dh) are notorious for sleeping in!

The "HOW DID I PULL THIS ONE OUT OF MY HAT?" Trip Report! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post27349670
Old 09-04-2008, 09:22 AM   #127
cjhinch
Mouseketeer

Travel Day #2

After an uneventful nights sleep, I woke up around 7 ready to get going!! I had already taken a shower the night before, so it didn't take me long to get ready. I started waking up the kids and laying out their clothes. Actually, we got the boys up and dressed, and just carried DD out to the car still asleep in her pj's. We would get her dressed at the first stop.

On our way out of Savannah, we took a completely different route than on our way in. We drove by the Savannah Sand Gnats minor league baseball stadium, my boys thought that was pretty cool. We could really see all of the character that Savannah has on the way out of town, and hopefully, if my uncle still has his condo, we might come back down there over spring break!

We only had about a 4-5 hour drive to get to Orlando. This is what the sky looked like for most of the drive:

I was hoping it would stop raining at some point!

Finally, we saw this:

We were all getting excited!

We actually had planned to go visit some family when we got to Orlando, so that is where we headed first. I probably have 15 family members that live in the Orlando area. They aren't "close" family, but they still like to visit with us, so we decided to take the time to visit today. We visited with my Great Aunt and Uncle and their kids and grandkids. The kids enjoyed the pool, and my one cousin is a swim instructor, so she brought out her swim cap and goggles. The boys had fun trying them on:

After a couple of hours spent there, it was time to leave! We had Cirque tickets burning a hole in our pockets, and we didn't want to be late!

Of course, the rain showed up again and ruined the mandatory pic:

But it definitely didn't put a damper on my spirits! I will say that driving to Disney has a distinctly different feel than flying does. I didn't like it at first.....but by the end of the trip I could definitely see myself driving there again.

Since we added this night after we booked our package, we decided to stay at POP for the night. I know, I know, you aren't supposed to have 5 in a room at POP, but DD still sleeps with us at home, so it isn't something we aren't used to! Actually, DH, Ds8/9 and DD all slept together, and I slept with DS10. Worked out just fine.

Anyway, here we are pulling into POP, still raining!

We hurried and got cleaned up again, and headed to Downtown Disney!

We had no idea where we were going to eat. It was probably around 6 pm at this point. We tossed around The House of Blues and Planet Hollywood, but we actually ended up at Wolfgang Puck's. Not the upstairs, but the downstairs. Dh and I shared an appetizer and a meal (I believe it was the vegetable spring rolls and the chicken alfredo), they were both excellent. I don't remember what the kids got for meals, but I do remember that DS10 and DD got the make your own sundae's for dessert, and DS 8/9 asked if they would make him some chocolate covered strawberries, and they did! He was so pumped!

After dinner, we still had some time to kill, so we did a little shopping. Along the way we saw this guy:

He was very cool, making all sorts of weird sounds with that thing!

Continued in next post...

Old 09-04-2008, 09:35 AM   #128
patches07
DIS Veteran

Can't wait to here more .

Old 09-04-2008, 09:41 AM   #129
cjhinch
Mouseketeer

Travel Day #2, part 2

After taking in some entertainment, we kept on walking to the other side of DD.

We checked out the Lego store:

The kids got a kick out of these. DS 8/9 studied Australia all last year in school, so he had to get pic here!

DD couldn't wait to get her picture with a princess....alive or not!

We did a little pin shopping, and DD is doing her best to imitate Donald's "mad" face!

I tried to shop in the Christmas store, but it was really crowded, and I knew that we needed to be heading back to the other side for our show. I wish I would have just stuck it out though, because I never walked into another Christmas store while we were there! No ornament for me this year!

We made it back over to Cirque in plenty of time and found our seats. This is when we started realizing that the ratio of American's to people visiting from other countries was at least 40/60 this year! My kids kept pointing out people either speaking another language or with foreign accents! It was pretty cool!

The Cirque show was amazing. I still think that La Mystere was better in Vegas, but Dh adamantly says that La Nouba is the best! Those little Asian girls were incredible! The boys loved the bike stunts. Not sure was DD liked the best. Here they are all smiling after the show:

And afterwards, we checked out the gift shop and they modeled some masks:

One last shot of the Cirque arena before we head back to the car:

When we returned to POP, I took a few random shots around our building. We stayed here on our trip in 2005, but we never made it over this way to see these buildings! We stayed in one of the 60's buildings that time, this time we were in the 70's:

DS8/9 wanted me to get some shots of him pretending to play in the giant fooseball game:

This little guy wanted in on the action as well:

After that, we headed in for some rest. We had a big day tomorrow!!

But instead of getting good night's sleep.....dh decided to wake up at 3 am to watch the Olympic Dream Team play in their gold medal game LIVE! I have no idea what he was thinking, but of course I woke up as well around 3:30 and watched the rest of the game with him! We are crazy, but it was cool to watch them get so excited to win the gold medal!

I had a 6:30 wakeup call coming very soon, so I tried to settle in for a little bit more sleep after that!!

Tomorrow, we check into the Grand Floridian and visit The Magic Kingdom!!

Last edited by cjhinch; 09-04-2008 at 09:47 AM.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:49 AM   #130
KGH
Mouseketeer

sounds like you are off to a great start! So where DID that hidden mickey come from on the church!?

Next: DEC 2009 POFQ!!! FREE DINING!

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/iz6moeteajjmr7wk.png[/img]
Old 09-04-2008, 09:50 AM   #131
KGH
Mouseketeer

or was it an antenna bobber?!

Next: DEC 2009 POFQ!!! FREE DINING!

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/iz6moeteajjmr7wk.png[/img]
Old 09-04-2008, 09:51 AM   #132
cjhinch
Mouseketeer

I started my trip report in a separate thread in the Trip Reports section! I hope you find your way over there to read and post!

I am happy that I did the PTR.....it helped me get rid of the nerves I had about doing one at all! Now I can do the Trip Report without second guessing myself!

I titled it the same, so you won't have any trouble finding it!

Thanks for reading!

Old 09-04-2008, 06:19 PM   #133
cjhinch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGH View Post
or was it an antenna bobber?!
You are exactly right! I didn't realize it was going to be in the picture when I took it, but it jumped right out at me when I looked at the picture.

Old 09-04-2008, 07:49 PM   #134
Laneychris
DIS Veteran

great report

Old 09-04-2008, 08:02 PM   #135
island cricket
www.declareliberty.com

love the report, waiting for the rest...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: