Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 07:13 AM   #3976
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

I think johnsonet posted the hours of the Kona Coffee bar a month or so ago. 6:30 comes to mind as opening but I'll try to look for it.

I do know that Kona Cafe's normal opening time is 7:30am.
Old 08-30-2008, 07:25 AM   #3977
MUFFYCAT
Sorry, I'm a spaze
Nevermind I see it, my eyesight is going
Which Spice Girl can I be?
Jealous of Christmas Tags

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisingCamper View Post
I'm in Louisiana! I did call WDW, and we have until we are supposed to leave to cancel, with only a small cancellation fee.
Stay safe, I'm praying for you all.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-30-2008, 09:04 AM   #3978
momsavealot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by seashellmom View Post
That is strange, b/c we were there at the beginning of the month and had no problem ordering the mickey waffles using a childs credit. Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought the there was no difference in the CS credits on the dining plan, they are just all lumped together.
I believe you are correct. I never had to distinguish b/w child and adult when using counter service credits. For table service, the children HAVE to order off the children's menu if there is one (not at a buffet). At Captn Cook's, we just got 3 orders of the Mickey Waffles with bacon and it counted as 3 CS even tho one was actually for my dh. And I had the same experience with the CM's coaxing me to get the bigger drinks b/c I was on the dining plan.
Aug. 2008 Polynesian Resort
Feb. 2006 Nickelodeon Hotel
(DD12) (DS11)(DS10) (DD7)
Old 08-30-2008, 09:10 AM   #3979
momsavealot
DIS Veteran

All this coffee talk reminds me that I was sooooo disappointed two weeks ago when we were there. It was naptime for the kids and my afternoon coffee time. I walked to the Kona Island/Sushi Bar thing to get the famous Kona coffee. Sorry, they don't open until 5pm and neither does Kona Island Restaurant. UGH. I go to the bar, no Kona coffee there either. So, I went downstairs and had a cup of their Nestle coffee or whatever it is. If you put a lot of cream in it, it's okay but I was so sad not to be able to get Kona in the afternoon. Did I miss something? Also, one morning in Capt Cook's, a woman was going around taking a survey of the coffee down there. Maybe they're thinking of replacing it? Some day, I'll have Kona and Tonga Toast!!
Aug. 2008 Polynesian Resort
Feb. 2006 Nickelodeon Hotel
(DD12) (DS11)(DS10) (DD7)
Old 08-30-2008, 09:54 AM   #3980
Me&3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm in Louisiana! I did call WDW, and we have until we are supposed to leave to cancel, with only a small cancellation fee.
BE SAFE!!!!! I'M SENDING YOU
Old 08-30-2008, 10:07 AM   #3981
Me&3
DIS Veteran

They should have Kona everywhere in Poly. They don't even have it at O'HANA'S . It's time to change the coffee all around Disney. We bring our own coffee with us we are fans of Dunkin Donut coffee . It's Kona or DUNKIN DONUT coffee or nothing.
Old 08-30-2008, 01:11 PM   #3982
kimisabella
I wonder if he/she is coming on the cruise with us
Yes, I am. ;)

I didn't want to approach him as he would have thought I was some sort of weird stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by seashellmom View Post
That is strange, b/c we were there at the beginning of the month and had no problem ordering the mickey waffles using a childs credit. Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought the there was no difference in the CS credits on the dining plan, they are just all lumped together.
The cs credits are not lumped together however, they can tell how many adults and children are in your party. If you order say, 3 adult cs meals, they will tell you you can't do that as there is only 2 adults in your party - specifically this happened at the Flame Tree BBQ in AK. As for Capt. Cook's, my husband was purchasing the mickey waffles for my dd's, tried to use the ddp and I see him motioning to me to come over as there was a problem, the cm specifically said that we couldn't use the child's credit for the adult entree - it could only be used on the child's breakfast platter - like I said previously, it could just depend on the cm.
Old 08-30-2008, 01:14 PM   #3983
MsStinkerBelle
Hittin' WDW Since Space Mountain was 'Coming Soon'

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaSpray View Post
These are great! I'll put a link to this post under the "Captain Cook's" heading in Post 1
Thanks, glad I could help! I'm supposed to swing through the Poly tomorrow for EMH at the Magic Kingdom. Hopefully I can get some more photos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmears View Post
MsStinkerBelle,

Do you know/remember if you can get a latte with non-fat milk instead of whole milk? And can it be an iced latte? (worried about what we're going to do with no Starbucks for 10 days... ) It's too hot in FL for us to get anything hot to drink!
I know you can get it with non-fat milk for sure. As for an iced latte...I want to say they do have them but I'm not 100% sure. I'll double-check when I'm at the Poly tomorrow. And trust me, that Starbucks withdrawal is

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFFYCAT View Post
Did you know there's another "real" coffee stration at the TTC? `I don't know how long it's been there but that one came in handy too .
I saw that coffee stand but I wasn't sure it was "real" coffee. From one coffee addict to another, I am beyond grateful for the tip!

Quote:
That is great the cancellation fee would be small. Stay safe, okay?

Old 08-30-2008, 02:42 PM   #3984
Picabo
"Hi, my name is Picabo & I'm a Disboard-o-holic!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimisabella View Post
The cs credits are not lumped together however, they can tell how many adults and children are in your party. If you order say, 3 adult cs meals, they will tell you you can't do that as there is only 2 adults in your party - specifically this happened at the Flame Tree BBQ in AK. As for Capt. Cook's, my husband was purchasing the mickey waffles for my dd's, tried to use the ddp and I see him motioning to me to come over as there was a problem, the cm specifically said that we couldn't use the child's credit for the adult entree - it could only be used on the child's breakfast platter - like I said previously, it could just depend on the cm.
That really sucks...cosidering I'm sure a waffle costs a heck of a lot more for them to make than a bkfst platter with eggs, meats, etc. Well here's hoping I get lucky and get nice CM's b/c my girls LOVE waffles.

Old 08-30-2008, 02:42 PM   #3985
Cinders Mum
DIS Veteran

I would not have been happy with any CM who tells me I cannot use an adult CS credit for my child,

They are our credits to use as we see fit.... not for them to tell us we can only use 2 at a time... if we want to use 6 in one go, that is our prerogative, or has someone changed the rules recently?
Old 08-30-2008, 02:54 PM   #3986
mickey2minnie1
DIS Veteran

I do not know if this has been answered already, but can you use a snack credit for Kona coffee????
Nov/Dec 2010 5 nights at the Poly with my 3 children
June 2010 3 nights at the Poly w/ DH
Oct/Nov 2009 8 nights at the Poly GVCL
Oct/Nov 2007 9 nights at the Poly

Me DH DS 17 DS 14 DD 12 Sebastian 6
Old 08-30-2008, 02:54 PM   #3987
Picabo
"Hi, my name is Picabo & I'm a Disboard-o-holic!!"

I hear ya.....but I THINK what happened is that they know by the program that they had 2 adults and 1 child and tried to use all 3 credits (including the child) to buy an adult meal. The plan clearly states that you must order from the kids menu.
NOW I've never been to Disney using the dining plan so I do not know the ins and out but I am suppose they could have just used 3 adult credits and at the end they'd have ended up with one less adult credit and one extra kids credit? Not sure on that....

Old 08-30-2008, 03:31 PM   #3988
kimisabella
I wonder if he/she is coming on the cruise with us
Yes, I am. ;)

I didn't want to approach him as he would have thought I was some sort of weird stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinders Mum View Post
I would not have been happy with any CM who tells me I cannot use an adult CS credit for my child,

They are our credits to use as we see fit.... not for them to tell us we can only use 2 at a time... if we want to use 6 in one go, that is our prerogative, or has someone changed the rules recently?
It's not that they would not allow us to use as many credits as we wanted, it's how we used them. We are 2 adults w/2 children - our order was for 1 Tonga toast, 1 adult breakfast platter, and 2 mickey waffles - they only allowed us to use 2 adult credits since the mickey waffles were not "child credits" they specifically have a "child's breakfast platter" which she told us was the only thing that would count as a child's credit.
Old 08-30-2008, 06:25 PM   #3989
John's Mom
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
AKL Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsStinkerBelle View Post

I saw that coffee stand but I wasn't sure it was "real" coffee. From one coffee addict to another, I am beyond grateful for the tip!
The coffee stand at the TTC is real coffee. It's Joffrey's Coffee and Tea Company (Florida).

Old 08-30-2008, 07:39 PM   #3990
MinnieMom
Because everyone needs a little magic in their life!

Poly Address?

We leave in a little over 2 weeks and I am sooo excited! Thanks to everyone on this thread for all the great tips and info. The one thing I haven't been able to find yet (though it doesn't mean it's not here!) is the Poly address to use if you want to have something delivered to the resort.

Can someone post that please? I want to have one of those fruity edible arrangements delivered for our anniversary! Thanks!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: