Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 01:23 PM   #3916
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyenjeff View Post
HI,

We are going to the Poly in Dec and right now we are in a gv room and I keep thinking about upgrading to the CL. Is this something that you can do with a phone call? Or make a new reservation? I tried to go online and it says there are no rooms avail for CL the time we are going. DO they give certain rooms for CL? Is it possible that they are really sold out? Maybe I should just give them a call......???? Any thoughts on the upgrading thing in general or what to do about it? (btw, we are on the ddp w/park hopper tickets, maybe with the ddp, CL isnt worth it?) Or here is a thought, is CL worth more than the DDP? and we should ditch the DDP and use CL. But then there is the thing about not spending that much time at the resort, and spending alot of time in the parks.....Oh my!!! SO much to think about!
Poly CL is often sold out! But definitely call. They can upgrade your current reservation if there is availability.

If there is "no availability" the first time you call, don't give up - keep trying (every few days, or every morning if you can!) - cancellations happen! Good luck!

Old 08-28-2008, 01:30 PM   #3917
CruisingCamper
DIS Veteran

Looks like my trip to Poly may be on hold for now!! There's a new hurricane!!
2014- Disney's Saratoga Springs Feb
2013- Art of Animation Nov, Disney Fantasy Dec, Fort Wilderness May, Fort Wilderness March
2012- Yacht Club Oct, Fort Wilderness April
2011- Fort Wilderness March, Beach Club Nov, Disney Magic Dec, Polynesian Dec
2010- Fort Wilderness April
2009- Disney's Swan Aug, Fort Wilderness May, Fort Wilderness March
2008- Disney Magic Dec, Polynesian Dec, Caribbean Beach March
2006- Saratoga Springs Feb, Wilderness Lodge Jan
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-28-2008, 01:32 PM   #3918
seashellmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
Poly CL is often sold out! But definitely call. They can upgrade your current reservation if there is availability.

If there is "no availability" the first time you call, don't give up - keep trying (every few days, or every morning if you can!) - cancellations happen! Good luck!
When I was making our reservations, I checked for CL and it was never available, so we just made gv ressies. When we checked in, we were upgraded to CL for free!! Don't undeerstand it but I won't question it either: Also, since we have been home, I have tried to price another trip at the Poly with CL and it is never available. Strange!
Old 08-28-2008, 01:36 PM   #3919
billnang
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisingCamper View Post
Go check out the theme park forum, i think it will make you feel better.

http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2

My family
Old 08-28-2008, 01:52 PM   #3920
MsStinkerBelle
Hittin' WDW Since Space Mountain was 'Coming Soon'

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisingCamper View Post
The path of that one is headed towards Haiti, Jamaica and on into the Gulf of Mexico. Orlando should be perfectly fine.

Old 08-28-2008, 02:04 PM   #3921
lustergirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyenjeff View Post
HI,

We are going to the Poly in Dec and right now we are in a gv room and I keep thinking about upgrading to the CL. Is this something that you can do with a phone call? Or make a new reservation? I tried to go online and it says there are no rooms avail for CL the time we are going. DO they give certain rooms for CL? Is it possible that they are really sold out? Maybe I should just give them a call......???? Any thoughts on the upgrading thing in general or what to do about it? (btw, we are on the ddp w/park hopper tickets, maybe with the ddp, CL isnt worth it?) Or here is a thought, is CL worth more than the DDP? and we should ditch the DDP and use CL. But then there is the thing about not spending that much time at the resort, and spending alot of time in the parks.....Oh my!!! SO much to think about!

I seen something in your post that I have questioned myself. If you are staying CL is the dining plan worth it? I booked my trip withou and was considering the new Quick Service Plan they have available next year. Really only my younger son is the only one in the family that eats alot (he is 6 feet 5 inches tall) and the other 3 of us can survive without much. I priced out some counter service meals and thought I would come out ahead paying out of pocket. Any thoughts?
Old 08-28-2008, 02:07 PM   #3922
MsStinkerBelle

More Captain Cooks photos

My camera battery died on me so I apologize for the photo quality. SeaSpray, if you want to link to this post or want me to consolidate these photos into my other post, let me know.

Breakfast menu. I noticed the Tonga Toast at Captain Cooks tasted 'lighter' than that at Kona. Still very good!

Soda dispenser #1. This one has Minute Maid Apple Juice and Hi-C Fruit Punch.

Soda dispenser #2. This one has Barq's root beer, Vault energy drink and Coke Zero!

Dole Whip machine! The CMs told me that I won the 'Dairy Queen' award for how much dole whip I managed to get into the little cup. LOL!

Bakery case. So many yummy options! And yes, they do count as a snack or as a dessert option on the DDP.

Just a few more things. There are two dispensers for NesCrapFe (uh, Nescafe coffee), iced tea and coffee creamer. There are take out bags, plastic covers for the kids Mickey plates and adult platters available. There is also a toaster oven and a microwave available. Both times that we dined at Captain Cooks there was someone there constantly cleaning.

Old 08-28-2008, 02:11 PM   #3923
BootsJessie
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustergirl View Post
I seen something in your post that I have questioned myself. If you are staying CL is the dining plan worth it? I booked my trip withou and was considering the new Quick Service Plan they have available next year. Really only my younger son is the only one in the family that eats alot (he is 6 feet 5 inches tall) and the other 3 of us can survive without much. I priced out some counter service meals and thought I would come out ahead paying out of pocket. Any thoughts?
We originally booked LV with the DDP. Thinking about breakfasts and snacks, my kids have to be eating constantly, I upgraded to CL. Not sure if that will end up being too much food or not but I can let you know soon ..... we leave in 3 days !!!
Sorry, I know that's not much help to answer your question but I'm basically going through the same scenario and will find out soon how it turns out.
Old 08-28-2008, 02:20 PM   #3924
lustergirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsJessie View Post
We originally booked LV with the DDP. Thinking about breakfasts and snacks, my kids have to be eating constantly, I upgraded to CL. Not sure if that will end up being too much food or not but I can let you know soon ..... we leave in 3 days !!!
Sorry, I know that's not much help to answer your question but I'm basically going through the same scenario and will find out soon how it turns out.
Thanks, I can't wait to hear your answers!!
Old 08-28-2008, 02:22 PM   #3925
MsStinkerBelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCV23 View Post
You're right, MSB. No milk or oj with the mugs. Last I noticed, apple juice was a choice though.

Have fun and enjoy Captain Cook's tomorrow....lucky duck!
Thanks BCV. We had a great time! I will say, Captain Cooks was packed to the gills for breakfast. We wound up eating at a table outside but that was okay. Had to keep away the ducks, birds and cranes who thought we would feed them. LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momsavealot View Post
I just got back from the Poly and I have to say that these Polynesian chips are horrible. Stale and inedible IMHO. Everything else was fine!
Different strokes for different folks because I absolutely love the Polynesian chips. I think there are some that are fried sweet potatoes and they're yummy!

Old 08-28-2008, 02:31 PM   #3926
boardom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsStinkerBelle View Post

Just a few more things. There are two dispensers for NesCrapFe (uh, Nescafe coffee), iced tea and coffee creamer. There are take out bags, plastic covers for the kids Mickey plates and adult platters available. There is also a toaster oven and a microwave available. Both times that we dined at Captain Cooks there was someone there constantly cleaning.
MSB, thank you so much for all the great photos and info! So helpful.

Last trip - Polynesian 10/08
Old 08-28-2008, 02:33 PM   #3927
Picabo
"Hi, my name is Picabo & I'm a Disboard-o-holic!!"

Sweet Mother Above !!- so you mean that I can order lunch at Cptn cooks and get one of the scrumptious looking cupcakes or brownie for dessert! OHHH hold me back!

Thanks, MsStinkerBelle, for all the Cptn cook photos! I notice there is only 1 Dt Coke dispenser. I sure hope they keep it fresh and filled cuz I LOVE my Diet Coke morning, noon and night! hehe

Old 08-28-2008, 02:48 PM   #3928
MsStinkerBelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardom View Post
MSB, thank you so much for all the great photos and info! So helpful.
You're very welcome! Definitely glad to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picabo View Post
Sweet Mother Above !!- so you mean that I can order lunch at Cptn cooks and get one of the scrumptious looking cupcakes or brownie for dessert! OHHH hold me back!
Yes, you definitely can--at least for adult meals! LOL!!! I usually rotate between having a brownie, a dole whip and then a cupcake as dessert selections.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picabo View Post
Thanks, MsStinkerBelle, for all the Cptn cook photos! I notice there is only 1 Dt Coke dispenser. I sure hope they keep it fresh and filled cuz I LOVE my Diet Coke morning, noon and night! hehe
You're very welcome! I'm also a Diet Coke addict and I haven't seen the dispenser at CCs go dry yet.

Old 08-28-2008, 02:51 PM   #3929
CDolacki2003
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustergirl View Post
My sister lives in Missouri. On my first and only trip there they wanted me to try the pizza- no way. They definitely can't make pizza like us Buffalonians!!
OMG now I so am craving pizza and a good spicy buffalo wing with a cold Labatts Blue
Oct 2014- 1 day in EPCOT
Dec 2016- planning CSR (if all goes well)
Old 08-28-2008, 03:11 PM   #3930
bunnyfoo
It's Monday and my mind was somewhere else
Never hopes to dream though

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsStinkerBelle View Post
The CMs told me that I won the 'Dairy Queen' award for how much dole whip I managed to get into the little cup. LOL!
That's hilarious! I tried doing that once but I think I embarassed my DF. I think half the fun is trying to fit as much as you can in the cup.

May 2002 - Wyndham (DTD)/May 2003 - CBR & AKL/ Dec 2003 - AKL/ Oct 2004 - AKL & Polynesian/Oct 2007 - AKL CL & Polynesian/May 2008 - POFQ/Jan 2009 - Poly CL/Oct 2009 - BC & CSR/Jan 2010 - Poly CL/Jan 2011 - Poly CL/Jan 2012 - Pop Century

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: