Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 10:47 AM   #3796
dancemomnj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picabo View Post
THANKS DancemomNJ....that's helpful info. I think I'll probably hold off on the luau and maybe try it a few years down the line. I'll ahve to see if I can find a YouTube video of HDDR....just seems maybe they are too young to catch onto the humor, from what I can tell. I really want to do the luau but think due to their ages and time of year, I'll hold off. THANKS again!
Your welcome. It's not the same but 'Ohana is our favorite! I didn't know if I would feel the same with the new menu when we went but I liked it even better! The kids can eat what everyone is eatting and also order chicken fingers... They have coconut races for the kids, hula dance (adults too, I did it!). The food is great and it's lots of fun. My kids enjoy it as much as us.

Nov. 2006 POFQJuly 2007 PolyAug. 2008 PolyAug. 2009 Poly
[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/bszvx4mxuuxpj4gc.png[/img]

Old 08-24-2008, 10:59 AM   #3797
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Quote:
For those who've done the Luau.....do you think it would entertain a 2 1/2 and 4 yr old?
It has been about 20 years, but our younger DD, fell fast asleep in her high chair during the luau when she was 22 months old.

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-24-2008, 11:05 AM   #3798
Picabo
"Hi, my name is Picabo & I'm a Disboard-o-holic!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancemomnj View Post
Your welcome. It's not the same but 'Ohana is our favorite! I didn't know if I would feel the same with the new menu when we went but I liked it even better! The kids can eat what everyone is eatting and also order chicken fingers... They have coconut races for the kids, hula dance (adults too, I did it!). The food is great and it's lots of fun. My kids enjoy it as much as us.

GOOD to know. We plan to go to 'Ohana as well as Kona while we're there. The girls both love asian-type foods (Hmm, perhaps b/c they are 1/2 vietnamese? ) and I know they'll totally enjoy 'Ohana's! Do they do the coconut races all the time or is there a specific time we should make our ADR? THANKS again!

Old 08-24-2008, 11:11 AM   #3799
dancemomnj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
GOOD to know. We plan to go to 'Ohana as well as Kona while we're there. The girls both love asian-type foods (Hmm, perhaps b/c they are 1/2 vietnamese? ) and I know they'll totally enjoy 'Ohana's! Do they do the coconut races all the time or is there a specific time we should make our ADR? THANKS again!
They say every 20 minutes they do something but it's more like every half hour or so.Ask to be seated in the main dining area where you can see all the action.

Nov. 2006 POFQJuly 2007 PolyAug. 2008 PolyAug. 2009 Poly
[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/bszvx4mxuuxpj4gc.png[/img]

Old 08-24-2008, 11:49 AM   #3800
MsStinkerBelle
Hittin' WDW Since Space Mountain was 'Coming Soon'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubby4Clay View Post
Is there a self-serve laundry? If so, where is it located?
TIA!
The self-serve laundry is located in the same building as the Neverland Club (the building is right across from the Poly bus stop). It is to the right of the club. I believe it is $2.00 to wash and $2.00 to dry.

Old 08-24-2008, 12:49 PM   #3801
JohnnySharp2
No man stands as tall as when he stoops to help a child. Thank god Joshua has a very tall dad!

Hi,

Can I ask advice on what the grocery store sells please?

Am I right in thinking it's just the basics, such as milk/water/soda....do they sell bread/butter and other items too?
Old 08-24-2008, 12:52 PM   #3802
Bubby4Clay
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRDMAN View Post

Yes, there is a self service laundry. Not sure of the exact location, but it is near the GCH. It is available 24 hours a day, but after normal hours, you need a room key to get in. So...don't carry your laundry there without having your key to save a trip back to your room. There are also vending machines there for detergent, bleach, softener etc.
I also believe there is a TV there to help pass the time while waiting.
Thanks JRDMAN!!
Old 08-24-2008, 12:53 PM   #3803
SeaSpray

Frankly Scallop, I don't give a clam!
Loud people give me Skull Pain!
Call me "impatient"

Polynesian Resort Room Service - LUNCH

Served Daily from 11:30am - 4:30pm

Touch 7-3051 on your telephone to place your order

A $3.00 delivery charge, applicable sales tax, and 18% delivery charge will be added to all orders.

APPETIZERS

Kona Salad
Mixed greens, Maytag Blue Cheese, fresh fruit, red onions, and smoked almonds with a citrus vinaigrette $9.99

Braised Pork Belly Salad
Pork belly braised in Dashi served on a bed of Bibb lettuce with a Pomegranate vinaigrette $11.99

Lump Crab Cakes
Served with Asiab tartar sauce and Pineapple Relish $12.99

Pot Stickers
Wok-seared Duck Dumplings with a creamy ginger-soy sauce $11.99

Shrimp and Coconut Curry Soup
$8.49

Sticky Wings
Glazed honet ginger chicken wings with a tangy mustard drizzle and toasted Sesame seeds $11.99

ENTREES

Stir-fried Asian noodles
with sliced chicken, pineapple, seasoned vegetables, and a house-made Polynesian sweet and sour sauce $19.49 (Can be made vegetarian upon request)

Asian Chicken Chop Salad
Mixed greens, crispy wontons, chicken breast, and seasonal vegetables with a spicy mustard vinaigrette $16.99

Angus Chuck Kahuna Burger
Char-grilled with bacon and your choice of Cheddar, Swiss, or American cheese $14.49

Kona Club Sandwich
Turkey breast with tomato, avocado, turkey bacon, watercress, and reduced-calorie Sweet-Chili mayonnaise on multigrain bread, served with Asian vegetable slaw or Sweet potato chips $12.99

Island Chicken Sandwich
Grilled Chicken breast with bacon, Swiss cheese, curry-mango mayonnaise, and fried onions on a Kaiser roll, served with Asian vegetable slaw or Sweet potato chips $16.49

DESSERTS

Chocolate-chocolate cake $7.49

Cheesecake with strawberry topping $6.99

Ice cream by the pint (serves two) $9.99

Seasonal Fruit Bowl $4.99

BEVERAGES

Soft drinks (12oz can) $2.99
Iced tea or lemonade $2.99
Pot of coffee (serves two - decaf or regular) $6.99
Pot of Hot tea $4.99
1% milk $1.99
Chocolate milk $1.99
Hot chocolate $2.99
Orange, tomato, Apple, or grapefruit juice $1.99
Evian 750mL (serves two) $7.99
Perrier 750mL (serves two) $7.99

KEIKI'S KORNER
Guests ages 9 and under
(served 11:30am - 10pm)

All meals include Chicken noodle soup, a garden salad, and choice of 1% milk, bottled water, or juice.

All items $8.49

Grilled Fish of the Day with whole grain pilaf

Grilled Chicken strips served with Marinara sauce and Mozzarella

All beef Hot Dog

Hamburger

Macaroni & Cheese

Child's Fruit Plate

(French Fries and Assorted Coca-Cola soft drinks substituted upon request)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~ Polynesian LVC July '10 ~ Polynesian LVC May '08 ~ RCI's 'Explorer of the Seas' Oct '07 ~ Polynesian LVC July '07 ~ Port Orleans Riverside May '07 ~ Disney Magic "Cruising Castaways" Cruise & Polynesian LVC Aug '06 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge May '06 ~ Polynesian LVC Oct '05 ~ Wilderness Lodge CL & Polynesian LVC July '05 ~ Disney Magic 10-night "Lost at Sea" Hurricane Cruise Aug/Sept '04 ~ RCI Bermuda Cruise '03 ~ Caribbean Beach '02 ~ Grand Floridian LV '01 ~ Caribbean Beach '01 ~ DisneyLand '95 ~ WDW '85,'78,'76 ~
[/center]
Old 08-24-2008, 01:38 PM   #3804
CruisingCamper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsStinkerBelle View Post
We went to Captain Cooks for lunch and I took a few photos to show the lunch menu and some of the items in the refrigerated section.

Lunchtime Menu

The "Market' Refrigerator section

A shot of the left case...notice the Silk Soy milk available
Thanks for posting the pics! I was the one who needed to know if the Silk was available! Thanks so much! I hope your trip was wonderful!
2014- Disney's Saratoga Springs Feb
2013- Art of Animation Nov, Disney Fantasy Dec, Fort Wilderness May, Fort Wilderness March
2012- Yacht Club Oct, Fort Wilderness April
2011- Fort Wilderness March, Beach Club Nov, Disney Magic Dec, Polynesian Dec
2010- Fort Wilderness April
2009- Disney's Swan Aug, Fort Wilderness May, Fort Wilderness March
2008- Disney Magic Dec, Polynesian Dec, Caribbean Beach March
2006- Saratoga Springs Feb, Wilderness Lodge Jan
Old 08-24-2008, 01:54 PM   #3805
Picabo
"Hi, my name is Picabo & I'm a Disboard-o-holic!!"

Anyone happen to know approx what a bottle of Apple Juice costs? Trying to figure out if it's better to bring along juice boxes to take to the park or buy the bottles there? I'm guessing bringing from home is much cheaper....but def not too convenient.

Old 08-24-2008, 06:51 PM   #3806
DeblovesPoohbear
Disney Dreamin

Quote:
Anyone happen to know approx what a bottle of Apple Juice costs? Trying to figure out if it's better to bring along juice boxes to take to the park or buy the bottles there? I'm guessing bringing from home is much cheaper....but def not too convenient.
We bring the juice boxes that come packed in a box so it's not too bad
I think it's like 12 in a box
Then we just throw them in a cooler or a fridge when we arrive
Old 08-24-2008, 09:56 PM   #3807
FreFam5
Mouseketeer

My kids are 5, 7, 9 and we are booked to go the Luau on the first night of our trip. They are really looking forward to it - I hope that they like it! Honestly - it's our first night and I really didn't want to do it but I was outvoted 4 to 1!!! I'll have to remind them of that if they start squawking during the show.

I can't believe I'm under 2 months to go to the Poly!!!!

Oh - my TA emailed me after the discount rates came out - she couldn't get me a discount for the Poly but offered to look at other resorts. I said okay - but secretly hoped she wouldn't find anything so we wouldn't have to stay somewhere else!!!! LOL

Missing the World!!!!

Poly - October 2008
Old 08-25-2008, 07:38 AM   #3808
lustergirl
DIS Veteran

Good Morning Everyone- didn't want one of my favorite threads getting lost! One day closer to the Poly- woohoo!
Old 08-25-2008, 07:43 AM   #3809
MsStinkerBelle
Hittin' WDW Since Space Mountain was 'Coming Soon'

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisingCamper View Post
Thanks for posting the pics! I was the one who needed to know if the Silk was available! Thanks so much! I hope your trip was wonderful!
You're very welcome! Me and my DD8 live off of Silk Soy milk.

I'm in Chicago right now (waiting for my flight back to Orlando) so the second part of our Disney trip is set to begin on Wednesday. Have to go back to my Aunt's house today--she lives about 2 hours north of Orlando. I am so hoping the weather will be better because all those days of rain from Fay while at Disney got old QUICK!

Quote:
Bringing from home is *definitely* cheaper and I do this all the time. However, last time I checked an Apple Juice Box (Minute Maid) cost about $1.59 and a bottle of apple juice was around $2.59. It definitely adds up.

However, if the fountain drink machine is working, apple juice is available for the refillable mugs and as a fountain drink selection.

Old 08-25-2008, 07:50 AM   #3810
lustergirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsStinkerBelle View Post
You're very welcome! Me and my DD8 live off of Silk Soy milk.

I'm in Chicago right now (waiting for my flight back to Orlando) so the second part of our Disney trip is set to begin on Wednesday. Have to go back to my Aunt's house today--she lives about 2 hours north of Orlando. I am so hoping the weather will be better because all those days of rain from Fay while at Disney got old QUICK!

Bringing from home is *definitely* cheaper and I do this all the time. However, last time I checked an Apple Juice Box (Minute Maid) cost about $1.59 and a bottle of apple juice was around $2.59. It definitely adds up.

However, if the fountain drink machine is working, apple juice is available for the refillable mugs and as a fountain drink selection.

Hope you have a great trip!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: