Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2008, 12:12 PM   #211
carmie3377
Hi, I'm Carmen and I'm a Disneyholic.

Location: Exactly 983 miles from the Magic Kingdom and 1,541 from Disneyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by justplaingoofy View Post
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.....
I believe a dole whip is kinda like soft serve, and a float has the soft serve with pineapple liquid?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArielRae View Post
Yes it is a dairy free pinapple soft serve and the float is the pineapple soft serve with pineapple juice.
I love the float. I mix the soft serve and juice together.
I for one didn't like the dole whip float(I know, I'm in the minority here!) It was too sweet and I never thought anything would ever be too sweet for me. I mean, I can eat spoonfuls (maybe even a bowlful!) of buttercream frosting at a time. Anyway, I like the pineapple soft serve by itself and I like pineapple juice. I just don't like them together.
Aug/03 - 1st Trip DL Aug/04 - FW Cabins 1st trip WDW Jun/05 - WDW offsite Dec/06 - ASMo/OKW & MVMCP Jan/08 - POR BFF trip Sept-Oct/08 - AKV & MNSSHP Dec/09 - Pop*Disney Magic 7 nt Eastern w/ Tortola*Pop again Jan/11 - Disney Wonder 15 nt Panama Canal WB Nov/11 - Cor Spngs w/my honey Dec/11 - AKV Kidani w/ the kids Oct/12 - CR/Poly & MNSSHP Mar/13 - Disney Fantasy 7 nt Eastern w/San Juan May/13 - Disney Magic 6 nt Western w/my honey June/13 - SSR Girls Only Trip Sept/13 - Disneyland Paris w/my honey Oct/13 - BC & MNSSHP w/my honey

Last edited by carmie3377; 08-20-2008 at 01:38 PM.
carmie3377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 01:29 PM   #212
TPCShauna
Most Cheerful Creativear
I think "Under the Sea" would be a nice place to live
I definitely think that the colored mini marshmallows make the best peep poop

Location: Orlando, FL - just minutes from the magic! (but I'm still a Texas girl at heart!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmie3377 View Post
I for one didn't like the dole whip (I know, I'm in the minority here!) It was too sweet and I never thought anything would ever be too sweet for me. I mean, I can eat spoonfuls (maybe even a bowlful!) of buttercream frosting at a time. Anyway, I like the pineapple soft serve by itself and I like pineapple juice. I just don't like them together.
DH and I didn't care for the Dole Whip OR the Dole Whip float. I do enjoy getting one of those ice cold pineapple kabobs, though. Mmmmmmmm!

(And buttercream is my friend also. Give me frosting over cake ANY day!
Register to remove

Old 08-20-2008, 01:50 PM   #213
PrincessMama605
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPCShauna View Post
DH and I didn't care for the Dole Whip OR the Dole Whip float. I do enjoy getting one of those ice cold pineapple kabobs, though. Mmmmmmmm!
Ice cold pineapple kabob? I haven't heard of this before, what is it?
PrincessMama605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 03:52 PM   #214
Stargazer
Second star to the right and straight on till morning ~ Peter Pan

Our favorites of the trip (both from Goofy's Candy Company at Downtown Disney):

My choice - Mickey's rice krispy treat dipped in dark chocolate with dark chocolate chips on back, pecans on front and drizzled with white chocolate

DD's choice - Mickey's rice krispy treat dipped in milk chocolate with the bottom half in M&M's and the ears in rainbow sprinkles, then drizzled with white chocolate and caramel

Trust me - Willy Wonka's got nothing when compared to Goofy!!
The magic is as wide as a smile and as narrow as a wink, loud as laughter and quiet as a tear, tall as a tale and deep as emotion. So strong, it can lift the spirit. So gentle, it can touch the heart. It is the magic that begins the happily ever after.
My 1st trip 1983 ~ Off-site June 2007 ~ WL August 2008 ~ ASMu November 2009 free dining ~ CBR May/June 2011 free dining ~ Off-site March 2013 (and our 1st time trying US/IOA!)
Stargazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 04:09 PM   #215
carmie3377
Hi, I'm Carmen and I'm a Disneyholic.

Location: Exactly 983 miles from the Magic Kingdom and 1,541 from Disneyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargazer View Post

My choice - Mickey's rice krispy treat dipped in dark chocolate with dark chocolate chips on back, pecans on front and drizzled with white chocolate

DD's choice - Mickey's rice krispy treat dipped in milk chocolate with the bottom half in M&M's and the ears in rainbow sprinkles, then drizzled with white chocolate and caramel

DD and I were planning on getting the pretzel rods from Goofy's. Now I don't know. These look delicious. Are they fresh tasting? I've had the prepacked Mickey Rice Krispy treats and they didn't taste so fresh.

I like the one you picked, DD likes the one your DD picked! She's asking if we can get these and I think we may have to!
Aug/03 - 1st Trip DL Aug/04 - FW Cabins 1st trip WDW Jun/05 - WDW offsite Dec/06 - ASMo/OKW & MVMCP Jan/08 - POR BFF trip Sept-Oct/08 - AKV & MNSSHP Dec/09 - Pop*Disney Magic 7 nt Eastern w/ Tortola*Pop again Jan/11 - Disney Wonder 15 nt Panama Canal WB Nov/11 - Cor Spngs w/my honey Dec/11 - AKV Kidani w/ the kids Oct/12 - CR/Poly & MNSSHP Mar/13 - Disney Fantasy 7 nt Eastern w/San Juan May/13 - Disney Magic 6 nt Western w/my honey June/13 - SSR Girls Only Trip Sept/13 - Disneyland Paris w/my honey Oct/13 - BC & MNSSHP w/my honey

carmie3377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 04:42 PM   #216
TPCShauna
Most Cheerful Creativear

Location: Orlando, FL - just minutes from the magic! (but I'm still a Texas girl at heart!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessMama605 View Post
Ice cold pineapple kabob? I haven't heard of this before, what is it?
Chunks of fresh pineapple on a stick. You buy them at the same place as the Dole Whips in Adventureland. They keep them down in the cooler and they are ice cold, juicy and YUMMY! I liked them a thousand times better than the Dole Whip.
Old 08-20-2008, 05:18 PM   #217
DisneyGirl@Heart
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPCShauna View Post
Chunks of fresh pineapple on a stick. You buy them at the same place as the Dole Whips in Adventureland. They keep them down in the cooler and they are ice cold, juicy and YUMMY! I liked them a thousand times better than the Dole Whip.
I love pineapple and this is the first I hear of the pineapple on a stick.. do you remember how much it costs? Also, can we use snack credits?

August 21-31, 2009/Carmie & Liz @ POP June 19-28, 2009/Happy 40th Bday Carmie @ CSR
Sept. 18-29, 2008/Carmie, Liz & Dad @ POP May 15-17, 2008 @ POP Sept. 20-30, 2007 @ POP
Nov. 3-15, 2006 @ ASMo December 10-17, 2005/Carmie & Liz @ POP (1st trip to WDW!)
DisneyGirl@Heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 05:42 PM   #218
OneTreeHillAddict
CNC Photography of Myrtle Beach, SC

Quote:

These look yummy! How much are they? I'm going a couple of days before my package starts...I might just get one and pay OOP.
OneTreeHillAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 05:45 PM   #219
kupperman
Captain EO rules!!

Subscribing.
Old 08-20-2008, 05:54 PM   #220
TPCShauna
Most Cheerful Creativear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyGirl@Heart View Post
I love pineapple and this is the first I hear of the pineapple on a stick.. do you remember how much it costs? Also, can we use snack credits?
I know you CAN use a snack credit but it was only $1.75 or $2.00. We paid OOP.
Old 08-20-2008, 07:59 PM   #221
Stargazer
Second star to the right and straight on till morning ~ Peter Pan

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmie3377 View Post
Are they fresh tasting? I've had the prepacked Mickey Rice Krispy treats and they didn't taste so fresh.
Ours tasted fine (even the next day, as it was way too rich to get through in just 1 day). It's definitely hard to choose which toppings to do; I wish I'd gotten one with the reese's and oreo cookies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTreeHillAddict View Post
These look yummy! How much are they? I'm going a couple of days before my package starts...I might just get one and pay OOP.
I think (and someone please correct me if I'm wrong) that they were either $3.25 or $3.50 (I know for sure less than $4).
The magic is as wide as a smile and as narrow as a wink, loud as laughter and quiet as a tear, tall as a tale and deep as emotion. So strong, it can lift the spirit. So gentle, it can touch the heart. It is the magic that begins the happily ever after.
My 1st trip 1983 ~ Off-site June 2007 ~ WL August 2008 ~ ASMu November 2009 free dining ~ CBR May/June 2011 free dining ~ Off-site March 2013 (and our 1st time trying US/IOA!)
Stargazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 08:59 PM   #222
lilybrooke14
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I'm sorry.....What was that? I just blacked out for a second.
Must....get....darkchocolatepecancoated rice crispie treat....
And one of those GIANT Oreos with vanilla filling. Or maybe chocolate filling, or maybe one of each. And a No Way Jose, and some Schoolbread, and a Dole Float, and french toast loaf,and a giant ice cream sandwich...

Note to self - Buy elastic waist pants.
Old 08-20-2008, 10:02 PM   #223
dreamin_disney
DIS Veteran

This is a great thread. I'm keeping track of the must haves. I was going through this thread and dfi walked in. I told him dd and i already picked a few snack we want to get. He was stunned. He asked how we knew what to pick and i showed him the thread briefly. He saw the school house bread and quickly ask that is was. The pic had the info and he quickly responded" I want that"
lol!

I have my snacks for MK. Plus i like the idea of the dole whip float vs just ice cream.

we each get one snack per day but I think my dinsey reward money will go to extra snack-yum! yum!

So me some more snacks please

would love to see some must haves from MGM, AK and Epcot
Old 08-21-2008, 08:01 AM   #224
CruisingCamper
DIS Veteran

Anyone know if you can get Silk Vanilla Soymilk as a snack anywhere?

I have heard that they have it, but you have to ask for it, that it's not on any of the menus at the parks or restaurants. They do have it at the shops at the resorts, but is it a snack credit?
2014- Disney's Saratoga Springs Feb
2013- Art of Animation Nov, Disney Fantasy Dec, Fort Wilderness May, Fort Wilderness March
2012- Yacht Club Oct, Fort Wilderness April
2011- Fort Wilderness March, Beach Club Nov, Disney Magic Dec, Polynesian Dec
2010- Fort Wilderness April
2009- Disney's Swan Aug, Fort Wilderness May, Fort Wilderness March
2008- Disney Magic Dec, Polynesian Dec, Caribbean Beach March
2006- Saratoga Springs Feb, Wilderness Lodge Jan
CruisingCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 08:38 AM   #225
hematite153
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisingCamper View Post
Anyone know if you can get Silk Vanilla Soymilk as a snack anywhere?

I have heard that they have it, but you have to ask for it, that it's not on any of the menus at the parks or restaurants. They do have it at the shops at the resorts, but is it a snack credit?
I've seen people get the single serving bottles as a snack credit. It's readily available at most of the resort counter services without a special request.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: