Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2008, 01:15 PM   #181
BebopBaloo
DIS Veteran

Wow...these pics are wonderfully calling out to my taste buds! Psyched! I was thinking SC's were limited to popcorn, fruit, and drinks (never have done a dining plan before). I'm lactose intolerant, so even though I know I can't eat several of the things posted, still excited for my family. Anyone have any nice pics of dairy free SC foods?
"Don't spend all your time looking around for something you want that can't be found. When you find out you can live without it and go along not thinking about it, I'll tell you something true. The bear necessities of life will come to you."

Psalm 27:1
BebopBaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 01:49 PM   #182
CJ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BebopBaloo View Post
Wow...these pics are wonderfully calling out to my taste buds! Psyched! I was thinking SC's were limited to popcorn, fruit, and drinks (never have done a dining plan before). I'm lactose intolerant, so even though I know I can't eat several of the things posted, still excited for my family. Anyone have any nice pics of dairy free SC foods?
I'm not 100% positive, but I think that Dole Whips and Dole Whip floats are dairy free!
CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-13-2008, 05:53 PM   #183
Cookie Princess
My vote would be chocolate lava cake with ice cream from CA Grill
I am most certainly going to be sampling those liquid treats

GEEZ...the photos are killing me...our next trip is 2009. I hope I can wait. I have added the gelato to my list!!
Cookie Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 06:36 PM   #184
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

Ok IM new to the whole dinning plan but I thought I read (we are on the basic dinning) that snacks were just, ice cream, chips, fruit and that sort of thing, not like the pics I have checked out here... Am I wrong or is this stuff from the DELUXE dinning? Thanks
Old 08-15-2008, 06:44 PM   #185
OneTreeHillAddict
CNC Photography of Myrtle Beach, SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewmac View Post
Ok IM new to the whole dinning plan but I thought I read (we are on the basic dinning) that snacks were just, ice cream, chips, fruit and that sort of thing, not like the pics I have checked out here... Am I wrong or is this stuff from the DELUXE dinning? Thanks
Same snacks (only more per day if on deluxe)! It's just about anything under $4. We're going in a few weeks and when I get home this page will be slammed packed with snack pictures!
OneTreeHillAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 07:52 PM   #186
justplaingoofy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The snack choice is the same if you are on the basic or deluxe ddp. the only thing that differs is you get #1 snack on basic, #2 on deluxe... Lots of great choices... there is a confirmed snack thread listed for 2008
justplaingoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 07:20 AM   #187
tmfranlk
Love hanging at the World with my sweet girls.

Location: physically in St. Louis, mentally in WDW, but a Boston girl at heart...Go Sox!

Quote:
As the others have said, you can get any of these too. When the plan first started it was limited to just the things you mentioned. About six months to a year later they opened it up to just about anything under $4 that doesn't constitute a meal on it's own (like no slices of pizza). For some reason, the brochures have never been changed. (Maybe it's just too hard to list all of the options so they left it as is?!?) When you're in the parks you'll see a little DDP logo (purple square with the letters DDP and something else) on the menu boards next to anything that qualifies as a snack at that location. I'd definitely recommend checking the list of confirmed snacks on another thread. It's still not comprehensive, primarily for the resort food courts and shops, but has sooo many great options listed! I think I'm almost more excited for some of the snacks than some of the meals.

.............Art of Animation, I hope! -- March 14-23, 2014
tmfranlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 09:18 AM   #188
BebopBaloo
DIS Veteran

a lil OT

I don't know the right place to ask this question, but since we're discussing snacks...this group might be in the know..

Does anyone know if Pooh's Honey Pots can still be found anywhere? Pooh's Honey Pots are chocolate balls filled with caramel that is soooo gooey and drippy....not stiff and not even chewy, really. I have some family members who absolutely adored them and the last trip we went on, we couldn't find them. I think they usually come in a little tin of some sort.

I'd like to be able to pick some up on the next trip, if they are still around.

Thanks!
"Don't spend all your time looking around for something you want that can't be found. When you find out you can live without it and go along not thinking about it, I'll tell you something true. The bear necessities of life will come to you."

Psalm 27:1
BebopBaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 09:58 AM   #189
goofyandmickey
Mouseketeer

Thank you for all of he great info. Like I said before this is our first trip using the dining plan and I am so excited about all of the options!!!
goofyandmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 11:35 AM   #190
carmie3377
Hi, I'm Carmen and I'm a Disneyholic.

Location: Exactly 983 miles from the Magic Kingdom and 1,541 from Disneyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by BebopBaloo View Post
I don't know the right place to ask this question, but since we're discussing snacks...this group might be in the know..

Does anyone know if Pooh's Honey Pots can still be found anywhere? Pooh's Honey Pots are chocolate balls filled with caramel that is soooo gooey and drippy....not stiff and not even chewy, really. I have some family members who absolutely adored them and the last trip we went on, we couldn't find them. I think they usually come in a little tin of some sort.

I'd like to be able to pick some up on the next trip, if they are still around.

Thanks!
Never heard of them but wow do those sound great! I'd like to know as well! Hopefully someone will chime in that knows.
Aug/03 - 1st Trip DL Aug/04 - FW Cabins 1st trip WDW Jun/05 - WDW offsite Dec/06 - ASMo/OKW & MVMCP Jan/08 - POR BFF trip Sept-Oct/08 - AKV & MNSSHP Dec/09 - Pop*Disney Magic 7 nt Eastern w/ Tortola*Pop again Jan/11 - Disney Wonder 15 nt Panama Canal WB Nov/11 - Cor Spngs w/my honey Dec/11 - AKV Kidani w/ the kids Oct/12 - CR/Poly & MNSSHP Mar/13 - Disney Fantasy 7 nt Eastern w/San Juan May/13 - Disney Magic 6 nt Western w/my honey June/13 - SSR Girls Only Trip Sept/13 - Disneyland Paris w/my honey Oct/13 - BC & MNSSHP w/my honey

carmie3377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 10:45 PM   #191
dreamin_disney
DIS Veteran

I'm totally getting organize now that i bought my package. We decide on the DDP thanks to the fall special saving us money.

I'm making a chart of all my meals and snacks-yipeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

couple of questions

dd's choice -Itzakadoozie where can i find this?
-where can i find a dipped waffle bowl fillled with red/black berries topped with powdered sugar?

my choice several but ? dole whip and dole float what exactly is the difference and where can i buy the best?

DFi- guess he'll figur it out when we get there
Old 08-17-2008, 10:55 PM   #192
adsrtw
DIS Veteran

I can't believe I just found this thread! Or maybe I just forgot to subscribe? Anyway, the gelato looks heavenly as does the strawberry shortcake and figaro fries. Yummy. Yummy.
Old 08-17-2008, 11:26 PM   #193
Tbella
Mouseketeer

waiting for those disers at Disney to come home w/ the promised pics!
Old 08-18-2008, 08:00 AM   #194
bless7ings
DIS Veteran

Choc/coconut Mickey Treat

I think it was on this thread. Someone posted choc/coconut Mickey treat, but they didn't know what it was called and where you can get them. Does anyone know? They said it was like a mounds w/cocount filling but they did say it was shaped like a Mickey head.

dh & me * ds26 * ds24 dd20 *dd18

dd11 *** dd9 ** ds7 * dd5 ** ds3** ds1
bless7ings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 09:18 AM   #195
Picabo
"Hi, my name is Picabo & I'm a Disboard-o-holic!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamin_disney View Post

dd's choice -Itzakadoozie where can i find this?
What is this??? I need to know!!!

Can someone tell me what School Bread is?

Picabo is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: