Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2008, 01:59 AM   #1
prototypeking237
Your Highway In The Sky!!

Jerry The Disney Geek Conquers Walt Disney World.... FOR THE 11TH TIME!

Hey Im Jerry!
Im an ULTIMATE Disney geek...
I love everything about Disney
Especially Walt Disney World...

I am 13 years old and I doubt that many people will believe that I have been to the Walt Disney World Resort 10 times! Well, believe it...
This year will be my 11th time (obviously ) so I would like to make this my first trip report! I am somewhat new to the forums but I have done other forums that were Disney related so im not that new to forums but im new to these forums!
Heres the layout for my trip...
Here is who's coming

Delia(DM)- A pretty big Disney fan like me, Not a huge planner surprisingly, loves every single part of Walt Disney World equally and cant pick favorites when it comes to favorite rides, shows and ETC, Favorite Character: Jiminy Cricket.

Anna(DAunt)- Has not been to Disney World in a while but used to go, used to love to go but now she is a little worried about the heat being too much, Favorite Character: Unknown

Jen(DD) 15 Years Old: If DD could stand for something fitting her personality I would say it would be Disney Diva , she is a huge Disney fan like me and the rest of my family, she thinks she knows more about Disney World than me but she really doesn't , Favorite Character: Tinkerbell

Mike(DS)7 Years Old: He is quite annoying (Little Brothers...), he is a huge Disney Fan as well, for a 7 year old he knows quite a bit of Disney information, he is tall enough for everything in Walt Disney World except for A couple of water slides, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster and Primeval Whirl, Favorite Characters: The Fab5, Daisy and Stitch

Jerry(ME) 13 Years Old: What can I say I am such a Disney geek, I make every day of my life a Disney day, my idol and hero is Walt Disney, when I grow up I want to be a Walt Disney World Imagineer, Favorite Characters: The Whole Fab5, Figment, and Stitch.

Family not coming on the Trip...

Kevin(DF) : LOVES Walt Disney World, he cannot attend this year because he goes to medical school and he is so upset that he can't come...although he did get to go with my mom on valentines day, Favorite Character: Unknown

Belle(DCat) : Our little princess, this is the first time we are going to be away from her, Favorite Character: Belle of course!

Nancy (DGrandma) : Speaks Italian, gets annoyed that I want to go back to Disney World every year , she is very interested into animals and every year when we go I take videos from Animal Kingdom to show her, she lives in the same house as us, Favorite Character: Unknown
------------------------------------------------------------------

The plan for this trip is that me, Mike and my mom will be taking a flight from our local airport to Orlando, Florida on the 20th of August and will be meeting up with my Aunt Anna from Seattle, Washington in the Orlando airport. We will have five days together and then my sister Jen is going to fly down to Orlando and meet up with us. My Aunt will then be leaving 2 days later to go back to Seattle, then we will be staying until the 31st and leaving that day. So in total I am going to be in Walt Disney World for 11 Days and 10 Nights (I think lol) The hotels that were are going to be staying at are The Caribbean Beach Resort for the first half and then switching over to the Dolphin hotel. Well actually right now my mom has a reservation for the Fort Wilderness Cabin but were planning on switching.

Right now I am just counting down the days until we leave (6 Days Btw) and just relaxing and starting (Yeah Right) my summer reading books... Btw I have 2 books to read bye September 3rd and Im going to be in Disney World for 11 days so Im pretty sure I need to get the reading done now!

If your wondering if we are planning on doing anything special well here is some of our thoughts.
We would like to..
1. Have a character breakfast in Cinderellas Castle
2. Have Dinner at Chef Mickeys
3. Have Dinner at Ohanas
4. Have Dinner at the Cyrstal Palace

Well thats a BASIC description of our Vacation this year to Walt Disney World... I hope you like my Pre-Trip Report!
-Jerry

Last edited by prototypeking237; 08-14-2008 at 02:19 PM.
Old 08-14-2008, 02:06 AM   #2
DisneyTiger
Life is what happens between trips to Disney World

Love it so far. I was just glad to see that there was someone else out there awake like me on the DIS. We should really get some sleep!!! Anyway, would love to hear more. Keep 'em coming!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-14-2008, 02:51 PM   #3
prototypeking237

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyTiger View Post
Love it so far. I was just glad to see that there was someone else out there awake like me on the DIS. We should really get some sleep!!! Anyway, would love to hear more. Keep 'em coming!
Hey thanks for being the first reader (Probably because were the only ones up at 3 am ) Thanks for reading and I hope you like the rest!
----------------------------------------------
Here is a quick update...
Unforunatly today Jen (my sister) got into a car accident!
Here is all I know so far
So we are having my sisters best friend stay at our house. She moved last year so now when she comes down to visit she stays at our house. My sister has some friends older than her who can drive. So they all decided to go to Jones Beach early this morning. On the way home from the beach the guy infront of my sisters friends stopped short (this was in the car of course) and my sisters friend ran into his bumper or something (I dont know the right word) and they got into an accident. The airbags went off and im pretty sure it went of on my sisters hands or something...probably texting and her hands and fingers are screwed up as my sisters friend would say. Her hand was also bleeding which I dont understand at all. If your wondering how do I know all about this... Well so my sisters friend called me I guess right after they figured out Jen was hurt. She told me to call my mom and tell her to call her because they got into an accident. I called my mom and she didnt pick up. I completly forgot that I should try calling my dad cause he would have been at school anyway. So then I called my sisters friend and said my mom didnt pick up and then of course my mom calls as soon as I hang up with my sisters friend. Then I told my mom to call my sisters friends phone and then they talked about it and then my mom called me back and told me that shes like on the way to the hospital or something like that or she might come home and then my mom would take her to the hospital. It was all so sudden and im really confused. Thanks for following along with that confusing story but I will keep you updated on how my sisters doing. Shes not home yet so I have no idea what is going on. My sisters friend said that the drivers parents were coming to pick them all up.
But I have no idea if this is going to effect the vacation at all... I doubt it but hopefully it wont!
-Jerry

Last edited by prototypeking237; 08-14-2008 at 03:01 PM.
Old 08-15-2008, 04:23 PM   #4
Me&3
DIS Veteran

OK Jerry I'm in Hope you have a great trip can't wait to read your TR . Hope your sister is ok .
Old 08-18-2008, 07:26 AM   #5
JoanieS
Mouseketeer

I'm reading - Hope your sister is ok!

(DH) (Me) (DS 9) (DS 7) and (DBIL) who is crazy enough to join us for this trip!
I've been "BOO-ED" by Parrotheadlois!
The "You're not going until WHEN? Pre-Trip Report-UPDATE 10/2 - WE TOLD THE KIDS-Video
My Crazy World-My Blog
Old 08-19-2008, 11:09 AM   #6
Stitch4Prez
DIS Veteran

Lucky you leave tomorrow. I still have to wait over 120 days! It's nice to see another Disney geek who is around my age. Hope your sister is ok!

Cowboy Up! We're Gonna Shock The World!
Proud To Be Part Of Red Sox Nation
Old 08-19-2008, 05:18 PM   #7
prototypeking237

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me&3 View Post
OK Jerry I'm in Hope you have a great trip can't wait to read your TR . Hope your sister is ok .
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoanieS View Post
I'm reading - Hope your sister is ok!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitch4Prez View Post
Lucky you leave tomorrow. I still have to wait over 120 days! It's nice to see another Disney geek who is around my age. Hope your sister is ok!
Thank you all for reading! Im glad that now I have 4 readers! I hope you all continue to read my Trip Report!
---------------------------------------------------
Since I have not done an update in a couple of days and the fact that were leaving tomorrow this might be a long one.
Well to start off..
Jen is ok! She came home and it looked like her and her friend who WAS staying with us were crying for like the whole day and they probably were. Jen had her two fingers in a splint type of thing. Heres what happend with the whole Jens hand is bleeeding thing. Okay so typical teenage girl she gets those fake nail things called "French Tips" or something like that and when they got into the car accident the air bags went off and Jens hand were infront of it so her fake nails on her two fingers went off ! Those things are supposed to be dipped in hot water or something like that and then they easily come off! They are not supposed to be forcefully pulled off. So on top of her two real fingernails there was red stuff...I thought it was nail polish. It was blood. OH! BY THE WAY, You should all know that im not good with that type of stuff (meaning blood). Back to Jen so they were both practically fine after that they still ended up going to hang out with they're friends that night . If any of you were wondering why Jen was coming down to Florida after we go its because she's going down to her friends beach house for a week. She left on Sunday to go and she wont be in Florida until Monday. Her friend who was staying with us left to go back home yesterday. So now its just Me, My Mom and My Brother waiting for Tomorrow.
------------------------------------------------------
I know I should be excited to leave tomorrow, dont get me wrong I am but theres one problem TROPICAL STORM FAY!?!!!? I cant believe that this has to happend days before we are about to leave! Although I would rather have it only affect maybe one day of the trip rather than happen while we were down there. I have no idea what's going on though nobody has answered my questions on the Tropical Storm Fay related threads. My question was Im leaving tomorrow at 1:30pm from New York, stopping in Atlanta and arriving In Orlando at 6:30pm. Am I going to be okay. Is Fay going to pass through Orlando before then? I have never been in a storm like this or anything like this so im worring! My grandma is telling my mom to cancel the vacation because there is bad weather down there but my mom would never do such a thing (I even asked her) ! I could care less if its rainy and thunderstorming down there but I dont want strong winds, tornadoes and such. Im also annoyed because were basically going to Disney World for 2 weeks.. 11 days, and the whole time were down there, SPECTRO MAGIC is not showing! Some bridge in liberty square is being fixed so they cant get the floats over it or something. I didnt really understand i was just like this as soon as they said they were not showing Spectro Magic ! What I did understand is that they are going to show the day parade twice. It doesnt matter if they dont show the parade though because every time we go down there with my dad he doesnt like to be there late so he wants us to leave like 20 minutes before Wishes starts, we always get to watch Spectro Magic though. We leave in the middle of the second Spectro Magic performance. So yes I have seen Wishes before but not enough times to remember it. I remember some of the music (I have the c.d) but I dont remember anything else. So I can watch Wishes every night we go to the magic kingdom because my dad is not coming this year ! I am going to miss him though because he is the one who always remembers things and we have not stopped in Tampa in a couple of years so im scared of being there and getting lost because we have 45 minutes in between each flight so we have to run over to the next plane and im afraid of getting lost! Its also just going to feel wierd without him because the only time I wasnt with him was when we went to Italy like 4 years ago. Moving on to happy thoughts...

Thats a picture of Me Jen and Michael at the airport the day we were leaving!
Of course we are all a year older now and look a little differnt. This year im going to tell Jen we should take a picture like that again!
------------------
Okay well I have to go take my friends dog for a walk. I have been doing it since saturday and tomorrow I have to do it to before we leave for the airport. Oh! By the way I am a vegaterian and I decied im going to stop being a vegaterian in Disney World. I was a strong vegaterian for 2 years but last year when I was there all I had was fries. NOT A GOOD THING! So this year im ending it. There is a backstory as to why I wanted to become a vegetarian but I would rather not talk about it .
WISH ME LUCK
(I Will Be Posting Tomorrow Before We Leave)
-Jerry
Old 08-19-2008, 06:36 PM   #8
DisneyTiger
Life is what happens between trips to Disney World

Hey Jerry, glad to hear your sis is ok. Love the pic in the airport. I don't know much about Fay. I'm in South Louisiana so everytime there's a storm in the Gulf, I'm all over it. But as soon as they say it's not coming to La, I kind of don't pay attention. Sorry Florida Anyway, I don't think it's been upgraded from a tropical storm to hurricane yet so there shouldn't be damaging winds. Just a lot of rain You'll be there long enough to get some good weather. Have a great time and be safe! I'm soooooo jeaolus! Keep us posted!
Old 08-19-2008, 07:39 PM   #9
Me&3
DIS Veteran

Hi Jerry glad your sister is ok . I'm here in Florida 3hrs. south of Disney. Fay is a tropical storm with a lot of rain and high winds at times. Nothing to really worry about. I will check again an try to give you an update. As long as your flight has not been canceled thats good sign . And I'm sure your mom has checked that info out don't under estimate mom . I like the picture from your last trip make sure you take alot this trip.
Old 08-19-2008, 08:32 PM   #10
JoanieS
Mouseketeer

Glad your sister is ok!

I hope Fay is long gone before your trip!

(DH) (Me) (DS 9) (DS 7) and (DBIL) who is crazy enough to join us for this trip!
I've been "BOO-ED" by Parrotheadlois!
The "You're not going until WHEN? Pre-Trip Report-UPDATE 10/2 - WE TOLD THE KIDS-Video
My Crazy World-My Blog
Old 08-19-2008, 08:42 PM   #11
Me&3
DIS Veteran

Jerry I just looked and Fay is still a tropical storm. You should be fine have a great time . Can't wait to read your TR when you get back.
Old 09-01-2008, 06:47 PM   #12
prototypeking237

Hey Everybody!
I got back yesterday.
I will be starting the trip report tomorrow probably Im not feeling well.
I still have 2 books to read before thursday so Im planning on reading those tonight into tomorrow
Old 09-01-2008, 09:12 PM   #13
Me&3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototypeking237 View Post
Hey Everybody!
I got back yesterday.
I will be starting the trip report tomorrow probably Im not feeling well.
I still have 2 books to read before thursday so Im planning on reading those tonight into tomorrow
Welcome back Sorry you don't feel well . Hope you had a great time can't wait to read your TR .
Old 09-14-2008, 07:40 PM   #14
prototypeking237

Hey

Hey Everybody!
Sorry I have not started the trip report yet..
I got the flu!
But im all better now!
School has started so thats the main reason why I have not started with the Trip Report yet.
I will be probably posting the begining of the first day up here later tonight!
I hope I can get some more readers though
Old 09-14-2008, 07:47 PM   #15
Me&3
DIS Veteran

Hey Jerry glad your feeling better . Can't wait to read your TR .

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: