Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2008, 07:56 PM   #571
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quacktatty View Post
I just recieved my ME tags and vouchers. The tags are correct

My question is related to the vouchers. I have called Disney with ALL of my flight information multiple times (it's changed). However, the voucher booklet does not list the flight information and says I should call DME to update it. What's the deal? Do I REALLY need to call? I know that they have my info, I've seen it on my Online Reservation and had CMs confirm it with me.
Don't worry about it. For your arrival into MCO, they just need a 'ballpark' time. When you get to MCO and arrive at the DME checkin counter, they will ask you about your return flight times. You can give them your info then.
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 11:58 AM   #572
jensuelee
Earning My Ears

Ok, forgive me if this has been addressed before, but I didn't see it as I was reading through the posts. Our flight arrives around 10:30 pm, so if we have DME pick up our bags at baggage claim, we can have them held at bell services until morning, correct? Does anyone know how long it should take once we call in the morning for them to be delivered to our room? I am hoping to pack our overnight things in a carry-on so we could avoid dealing with baggage claim upon our late arrival. Any ideas???
jensuelee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-16-2008, 12:39 PM   #573
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jensuelee View Post
Ok, forgive me if this has been addressed before, but I didn't see it as I was reading through the posts. Our flight arrives around 10:30 pm, so if we have DME pick up our bags at baggage claim, we can have them held at bell services until morning, correct? Does anyone know how long it should take once we call in the morning for them to be delivered to our room? I am hoping to pack our overnight things in a carry-on so we could avoid dealing with baggage claim upon our late arrival. Any ideas???
Sounds like a perfect plan.

Just going on general knowledge, Bell Services will probably be more busy the closer you get to check-out time (11:00 a.m.). The last time I landed at 10 p.m. and used DME, I forgot to ask at the front desk (and Bell Services) to have my bags held 'til morning. They called me at 1:16 a.m. and asked if I wanted my bags now or later. "Um ... later please," and I went right back to sleep. When I woke up around 6:30-ish, I called Bell Services and a CM was at my room with my bags literally 5 minutes later.

But I'll bet anthing that if I called at 10:00 a.m. I might not have had such spedy service.
Old 08-17-2008, 02:43 AM   #574
Princess Griss
Mouseketeer

Hi I know you've already answer this but I couldn't find in what page it was, I got my DME tags and I just want to know what the info on them means? TIA
Old 08-17-2008, 07:31 AM   #575
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Griss View Post
Hi I know you've already answer this but I couldn't find in what page it was, I got my DME tags and I just want to know what the info on them means? TIA
Well, it depends on what the tags say. When I head to POP, my tags say AK on them, with my name and a bar code with reservation info. Also has my resort name on them.
If I'm at BWV, it says Epcot on them.
Polynesian? MK.
The resorts are split into areas....MK, Epcot, DTD, AK. The bags are distributed by those areas first, then into the appropriate resort groupings.
Does that answer your question?
Old 08-17-2008, 07:39 AM   #576
CleveRocks

There are 2 names on there ... one is the "lead" name on the reservation and the other is the name of the particluar guest. The person who is the lead name on the reservation will have their name listed twice on their own tags.

The name of the resort you will be staying at is on there.

Your reservation number is on there. There are also barcodes ... the barcodes are the computer version of your reservation number.

There is a 2-letter code inside a Mickey head. The code corresponds to the zone that your resort is in ... it helps with the luggage sorting. There are 4 zones: MK = Magic Kingdom area (Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, and Villas at Wilderness Lodge); EC = Epcot area (BoardWalk Inn, BoardWalk Villas, Yacht Club, Beach Club, Beach Club Villas, and Caribbean Beach Resort); AK = Animal Kingdom area (the 3 All-Star resorts, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Animal Kingdom Villas, Coronado Springs Resort, and Pop Century); and DD = Downtown Disney area (Saratoga Springs Resort, Old Key West, Port Orleans Riverside, Port Orleans French Quater, and Fort Wilderness Campground).
Old 08-17-2008, 09:51 AM   #577
Princess Griss
Mouseketeer

thanks that explains the names
Old 08-17-2008, 06:16 PM   #578
Honey81808
Honey8/18

Hubby sweet, helpful man he is, puts the tags on incorrectly -he took off the entire backing not just the top- Is this a big deal?
Also we are getting in at 930am more than likely we will be at the hotel at 10-103 we want to head straight to Epoct. Can we leave our carry on luggage at the hotel? Will it make it to our room?
Honey81808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 08:15 PM   #579
CleveRocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey81808 View Post
Hubby sweet, helpful man he is, puts the tags on incorrectly -he took off the entire backing not just the top- Is this a big deal?
Also we are getting in at 930am more than likely we will be at the hotel at 10-103 we want to head straight to Epoct. Can we leave our carry on luggage at the hotel? Will it make it to our room?
As long as each tag (especially at least one barcode on each) is readable, then you're just fine.

Yes, the resort will store your carry-ons for you. Go out and have fun!!!
Old 08-18-2008, 07:09 AM   #580
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey81808 View Post
Been there, done that myself!! No problem as Eric said. As long as the tags are readable, and they should be even though stuck together completely!
If you arrive at 9:30, you 'should' be at your resort within about 70 mins.
Have a great trip!!! Nice to see a fellow cental Mass person here.
Old 08-19-2008, 02:34 PM   #581
hungrygreenhippo
DIS Veteran

misspelled name

Sorry if this was covered earlier. I read a few of the first and last pages but don't have time to go through everything.

When I made the room reservation over the phone, the cast member misheard me and spelled my boyfriend's last name wrong. I called them back as soon as I caught it, but I guess they only fixed it on the room and not for DME. So when I got my tags and vouchers a few days ago his name is still misspelled. It's not a huge error, just a "c" instead of a "n". I called DME and a cast member fixed it but didn't offer to resend anything.

I figure everything will go okay even with the misspelled tags, but I guess I'm just looking for some reassurance please. Thanks!
hungrygreenhippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 02:49 PM   #582
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hungrygreenhippo View Post
Sorry if this was covered earlier. I read a few of the first and last pages but don't have time to go through everything.

When I made the room reservation over the phone, the cast member misheard me and spelled my boyfriend's last name wrong. I called them back as soon as I caught it, but I guess they only fixed it on the room and not for DME. So when I got my tags and vouchers a few days ago his name is still misspelled. It's not a huge error, just a "c" instead of a "n". I called DME and a cast member fixed it but didn't offer to resend anything.

I figure everything will go okay even with the misspelled tags, but I guess I'm just looking for some reassurance please. Thanks!
Doesn't matter one iota!! Stop worrying about it. As long as the barcode on the tags has the correct resort reservation info, you're good to go. There are people who actually share their extra tags with others who are in their party, but have different names...the bags go to the room and then the people sort them out. Your bags will all go to your room...have no fear!
Old 08-19-2008, 03:14 PM   #583
MomofCKJ
I just lost steam at about 5 minutes
Wants to really smell the roses
I will not eat the second end of the hot dog

Hi!
I'm staying at Pop and using ME for the first time. What order are the drop offs for the bus I am on? Anyone know?

Thanks!

Allyson
MomofCKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 02:43 PM   #584
prittfamily98
Mouseketeer

Using Magical Express....

I've read too many of the what if's. Now I am nervous.
DH and I are arriving at 2 pm on Sept 3 usually a slow time of year. I HOPE!
We have our Yellow tags already( them came within 3 days of getting ME reservation) What I want to know is...If I carry-on my bags get to the resort How soon(estimate) will I have my bags back in hand? And If I am arriving at 2pm what is the ETA for arrival at resort? Should I expect up to a 3hr arrival time a resort?
After reading all the questions and Answers I am a little apprehensive about using the service BUT will use it anyway(so I can post my voice later.) I would love opinions and advice!
99-All Star Sports;2003-Disneyland; 2004-Wilderness Lodge; 2006-Polynesian; 2007-Port Orleans Riverside;2008-Wilderness Cabins; Wilderness villas, Saratoga Springs; 2009-Old Key West & Wilderness villas;
2010 Feb:A K Kidani Villas & Beach Club villas; May:Old Key West- FPEA convention;Julyne day Magic Kingdom(youth group trip) Oct: Saratoga Springs w/ my kids and mom and gma(it had been 21 yrs for them)
Nov:DD 18th bday @ Old key West AKV and Treehouses FEB 6-11, 2011 for my 40th BIRTHDAY!
Night of Joy Sept 9-11, 11 Wilderness Villas
!
prittfamily98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 03:03 PM   #585
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by prittfamily98 View Post
I've read too many of the what if's. Now I am nervous.
DH and I are arriving at 2 pm on Sept 3 usually a slow time of year. I HOPE!
We have our Yellow tags already( them came within 3 days of getting ME reservation) What I want to know is...If I carry-on my bags get to the resort How soon(estimate) will I have my bags back in hand? And If I am arriving at 2pm what is the ETA for arrival at resort? Should I expect up to a 3hr arrival time a resort?
After reading all the questions and Answers I am a little apprehensive about using the service BUT will use it anyway(so I can post my voice later.) I would love opinions and advice!
If you arrive about 2pm, you should be at the cabins by 3:30, at the latest. The average time from deplaning to resort is about 70 mins. It depends on which stop you are, how long the wait at the airport it, etc. You can expect your DME checked luggage to be in your room up to three hours afte resort checkin...some have gotten their bags sooner, some later.
I usually take anything I will need to start my trip (bathing suit, change of clothes, park passes) in a carryon bag. That way I don't have to hang around, waiting for my checked bags to show up...I can either head to a park or just go for a swim and grab something to eat..up to you.
If you really don't want to wait for those checked bags to show up, you can leave them untagged, and then go to baggage claim yourself, get them and bring them to the bus with you. They will be stowed underneath your bus and handed off to you when you reach your resort. But, be aware that the driver will be expecting a tip for baggage handling, as will bell service people at the resort if the bags have to be handled by them.

It's up to you how you handle it...figure on no more than 90 mins from deplaning to resort checkin though. I realize some have had much longer times than that, but they are not the norm.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: