Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2008, 06:07 PM   #76
mlholster
DIS Veteran

We are here now 7/13/08 and I think I may have seen one of the ladies. She had kind of an updo and had 2 Disney suitcases with some furry type of stuffed animals sitting on top. I was going to talk with her but another lady was there.
My dd and I went to the GF for a spa treatment, we saw her then. Three hours later she was still there. I asked at the front desk and they confirmed that she was one of the ladies. She seems lonely.
I feel bad for her.

DD DS DD DD DS

Happy Blessed Grandmother of 9

Our Grand Gathering in September 08 was Wonderful!
Family cruise Dec/Jan 2010
2010 Family summer vacation all 18 of us.
2010 SS Member Cruise
Our daughter is a Disney Bride!
mlholster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 06:47 PM   #77
Takodacaleb
DIS Veteran

Smile Any Pictures

Does anyone have any pics of the towel "Baby" PLEASE
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-14-2008, 12:34 PM   #78
thesupersmartguy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eventer98 View Post
Just a guess but that sounds like the guide for the Keys to the Kingdom Tour!
I don't think, she was alone every time.

Happily living in Celebration, FL

Recent Trips To Disney:

8/08 YC Club Level Turret Suite and CBR Check Out My Trip Report UPDATED 1/28 with Turret Suite Pics!: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1922686

12/08 DTD Hilton CL and GF RPC Details Here:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2029616
thesupersmartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 02:06 AM   #79
smatterchu
Magical Mouse-arazzi

Oh, WOW, I saw Tattoo Guy at DHS, but had no idea he was Tattoo Guy!

I was working and noticed these people sitting on a bench with a guy who was literally covered in tattoos. I saw one was taking a picture of the group, so I offered (as I always do) to take the picture for them.

Taking a closer look, I realized that the couple didn't look like they necessarily 'went' with the tattooed guy on the bench (he was in his trademarked tank top and shorts) and he didn't seem to really be engaged in talking with them at all. It's kind of hard to describe...

Anyway, I discreetly asked the husband if he 'knew' the man on the bench, and he replied that he just wanted to take a picture with all of the tattoos.

Well, I didn't realize this guy did it for show, so I was totally embarrassed for the poor man who had these people just wanting to come up and get a picture with them. Like I said - didn't know he had a whole website devoted to it -- and didn't realize that ALL of that ink was Disney, either...

Anyway, we wound up not taking the picture - just seemed not like the right thing to do. The Tattoo guy seemed sort of unphased, but not particularly interested in having his picture taken...

I don't know -- and maybe it was another tattooed guy - I'll have to get a closer look next time, but I didn't want to stare at the poor man. I felt bad that these people were trying to take his picture...

Living the Dream - I get to see the Fab Five almost every day!!

March 2009 - Disney Wonder Cruise!! - Can't wait to go again!!!
* DCL - Wonder - January 2008 - Our First Disney Cruise!

smatterchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 08:36 AM   #80
mlholster
DIS Veteran

This is how I felt about the lady at the GF. Once it really dawned on me that she is a Personit did not feel right to take pictures. She is not a legend.I wish I could have talked with her, I will try again. She seemed very content to just sit and people watch, nothing wrong with that.

DD DS DD DD DS

Happy Blessed Grandmother of 9

Our Grand Gathering in September 08 was Wonderful!
Family cruise Dec/Jan 2010
2010 Family summer vacation all 18 of us.
2010 SS Member Cruise
Our daughter is a Disney Bride!
mlholster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 12:46 AM   #81
Eeyores Butterfly

BL6 Blue Team Co-captain
I hope we never lose sight of one thing, it was all started by a mouse
I went "wow, that hurt"

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsal View Post
Oh, I quite agree, but remember not everyone with buckets of $$ earned it on thier own, I certainly would not tell someone they were nuts if I was in a restaurant, but I would ask to be moved. What I am saying is that for the CM's to play along seems cruel not helpful. Of course WDW makes buckets of $$ off of them and they may know the real story. I do know many people who have mental illnesses--I'm a teacher of high risk/ at risk students, I see a lot. In any event , regardless of income they are all entitled to help and will get it from the state, so mental help is not an "I can't afford it" kind of thing. BTW One tree hill, I'm not saying any one should be in an institution--do they do that routinely anymore?--I'm saying regardless of how much $$ you have you are not immune from illness of any kind. And just because they can spend big doesn't necessarily mean it is their own $$.
I have not personally experienced the Towel Baby couple, but from what others have told me they can become quite abusive if you do not play around. They have verbally abused CMs in the past. If you don't play along you get yelled at, but they have also been known to make comment on occassion along the lines of "it's just a towel you know." For the most part though I think they leave people alone. It seems to me most CMs go along with it so they don't get chewed out.

I've heard that the Tattoo Guy has gone so far as to tell other guests who happen to have Disney tattoos that he is the only one allowed to showcase his tattoos. If that is the case he is crossing the line, but again, I have not seen him.

Linda Skywalker crosses the line all the time. She does wear costumes, which is a problem because as others have pointed out people think she is a CM. Adults are not allowed to wear costumes, so why can she? The other issue is that she borders on being a stalker. She has a "W" shaped album for HSM that has various entertainers in it. She approached a couple of people when they were there as guests to show them the pictures she had of them.

There have been other unusual guests as well that have crossed lines. One person got personal names and numbers for several girls in entertainment, it was a real problem. It seems like it is the ones who have the "interest" in the various entertainment options that pose the most problems, but that could be because I was in entertainment so I heard all the stories.
Old 08-05-2008, 02:35 PM   #82
MommyGina
DIS Veteran

I know who you are talking about. I asked about her last year. She was with her husband and sat in the lobby and listened to the music. She had teddy bears sticking out of her bag. When I asked the staff, they said that she had been coming for a long time with her husband.

This year, I was talking to a DVC associate and she referred to her as the "teddy bear" lady. She said that she was going to talk with her because she is very lonely. Her husband just passed away.
MommyGina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 02:11 PM   #83
Disney_Angel
Cylons for McCain 08' ---- (aka the Tacky "un-schooling mom)

This gives me seconds thoughts about sitting in the GF looby with DDs American Girl doll while she attends the Wonderland Tea party. (I do not want her to lose her doll.)

The loss of a baby is unimaginable. And until you have experienced this you have no idea how YOU would respond....Grief is a powerful emotion.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:57 AM   #84
Todd&Copper
Sweet Chicken, that is one that ALWAYS gets my goat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Angel View Post
This gives me seconds thoughts about sitting in the GF looby with DDs American Girl doll while she attends the Wonderland Tea party. (I do not want her to lose her doll.)
I don't think anyone will mistake you for a person with a mental illness unless you wrap up the AG doll in swaddling clothes and talk to it, and maybe try to feed it. Just holding onto it probably won't draw attention from the masses.
Todd&Copper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 01:34 PM   #85
Family Fun Mom
No longer tagless... my wit has been confirmed!
NOTHING FROM THE SEA!

This is the most fascinating thread. I love stories like these.

The towel baby couple makes my heart ache. I do not think there is anything wrong with playing along with their dillusion.

I don't understand why people always feel the need to intervene or "get help" for everyone who doesn't fit the mold of "normal". I know they mean well but in some cases it wouldn't make a difference anyway. Obviously, these people found a way to deal with their issues that is peaceful, harms no one, and works for them. I think Disney is very kind to go along with it and still allow them to stay in their hotel. Other places might have just given them the boot, then ban them. This world is made up of many different types of people. I don't understand why we feel the need to medicate everyone into "normalcy." They aren't violent, so let them be. That's my take on it.

I would love to quietly observe them. I'll bet they are interesting. My heart goes out to them.

Last edited by Family Fun Mom; 08-15-2008 at 12:49 AM.
Family Fun Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 12:15 PM   #86
earthelves
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Family Fun Mom View Post

The towel baby couple makes my heart ache. I do not think there is anything wrong with playing along with their dillusion.

I don't understand why people always feel the need to intervene or "get help" for everyone who doesn't fit the mold of "normal". I know they mean well but in some cases it wouldn't make a difference anyway. Obviously, these people found a way to deal with their issues that is peaceful, harms no one, and works for them. I think Disney is very kind to go along with it and still allow them to stay in their hotel. Other places might have just given them the boot, then ban them. This world is made up of many different types of people. I don't understand why we feel the need to medicate everyone into "normalcy." They aren't violent, so let them be. That's my take on it.

I would love to quietly observe them. I'll bet they are interesting. My heart goes out to them.

DITTO

earthelves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 05:30 AM   #87
Bella the Ball 360
Keyboarding is not my thing excuse typos.
I am going to have to sew "whoopie pie" pockets on the hips of my jeans

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyGoofy26 View Post
Yeah, I'm not sure how this couple flies under the radar like they do. They've been around for awhile, I did my CP in 2000. I'm surprised they don't get more mention as legend as they are with CMs. It's funny how so many people know the tattoo guy and the Yeti man, but this family hasn't quite made it to that level of recognition. They certainly have a "unique" enough story to stick in peoples' minds.

There are a bunch of rumors floating around (all based around the same idea - either lost or weren't able to have a child, the wife took it hard and the husband plays along) but I have NO idea what the real details are. Not really any of my business either. But it's sad if there's even the slightest grain of truth to it.

So can you clarify this for me. Is the towel shaped like a baby? You know like they shape towel animals like swans etc? Does it have a face or do they just carry a limp towel or is it folded? Is it the same towel? Do you think they wash it or does it look dirty? I love stuff like this and I have never heard of this or any of the other weird people like Yeti man or tattoo guy. Can you fill me in .

I used to work in a grocery store and we had Do Si Do who used to shop in square dancing clothes (I live in Mass maybe in another state it would not stand out but NOT in Mass) and Eureeka who used to smell so badly that one of the bag boys had to walk up and down the aisles after she was in them and spray them with Lysol but they seem tame compared to towel lady.
Old 09-06-2008, 10:39 PM   #88
M-I-C-K-E-Y
DIS Veteran

The next time I'm at the "Grand Snoridian," I'll be on the lookout for the towel baby! I'll be certain NOT to photograph the couple, but I WILL photograph that towel!
Old 09-07-2008, 03:48 PM   #89
muchadoaboutdisney
Truth, Beauty, Freedom, Love TEAM EDWARD: I run with vampires! Choose: A quick death or a slow poison.

i think on my next vacation we will be eating at 1900 so i am going to keep an eye out for the towel and bears.

Ewan McGregor Gerard ButlerMichael Bublé

"You know the Greeks didn't write obituaries. They only asked one question after a man died: "Did he have passion?". "- Serendipity
"You're everything I never knew I always wanted." - Fools Rush In
"Where do you want to go? Anywhere. What do you want to do? I dont care." - Valley Girl
muchadoaboutdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 07:51 AM   #90
centurythree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Family Fun Mom View Post

As long as they aren't a danger to themselves or others, I have no problem playing along with their reality if that will make them happier.
centurythree is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: