Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 06:56 PM   #3436
goopysolelady
DIS Veteran

What kind of tv's are in the lounge? We want to watch Monday Night Football while we are there!!
Old 08-12-2008, 07:07 PM   #3437
butiflfeet
DIS Veteran

SeaSpray, I love your family website! That's a great idea to share your trips with extended family.

All the info on this thread is great! I've learned so much about the Poly for our 5th anniversary vacation.

DH and I are going on our first Disney World vacation for 6 days to celebrate and it kind of serves as our 2nd chance at a honeymoon. We were pretty young when we got married (I was 21 and he was 23) so with the foresight of wanting to purchase a house and having just finished college we decided to do a lower-budget honeymoon in Chicago which is a nice 4-5 hour drive from where we live (depending on which of us does the actual driving). It was fantastic but we've been dreaming of Disney ever since!

Needless to say, we're going all out for this trip to Disney World seeing as it's been 5 years and we're still married (and we do have our house, however small it may be)!

I have a couple questions and I think this board is the best place for them (because you all are so knowledgeable) but I'm not sure so forgive me if I'm wrong!

First, does anyone know what kind of food is offered for room service? Is it pretty much what you can get at Kona Cafe? DH and I are using the DDxDP and were thinking of a breakfast in bed to kind of take us back to our (much lower budget) honeymoon in Chicago. And just cuz it's fun to eat in your bed and NOT have to be the one to clean up!

Second, are in-room massages available at the Poly? I know about the GF spa and we may go there too. Anyone have any experience from the GF spa? Good/bad/skip it all together?

Thanks so much for your help! We may see a few of you there soon!
Register to remove

Old 08-12-2008, 08:52 PM   #3438
seashellmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneynut4ever View Post
What level did you reserve before you received the actual upgrade?
We only reserved plain Garden View-not club level-so you can see why I was so excited and still thrilled about our good luck.
Old 08-12-2008, 08:59 PM   #3439
seashellmom
Mouseketeer

Dinner at O'hana tonight

We had dinner at Ohana tonight and all I can say is that is alot alot food!!! It all came kind of fast and was a little overwhelming at first. Our favorite thing was the dumplings with the peanut sauce. We asked for a second bowl. My favorite meat was the shrimp and I simply loved the bread pudding. My girls did not eat a lot, my youngest enjoyed the noodles and they both loved the ice cream at the end. Overall I thought it was a good fun meal.

We ate breakfast at Ohanas on Sunday and we really enjoyed it. I love Lilo & Stitch, so that was part of it. I thought all of the food was good, esp. the bread, sausage, juice and the potatoes. Again, it was alot of food.

I would do breakfast again for sure and dinner probably if we had people in our group that had not been before.

Another glorious day from the Poly!!!
Old 08-12-2008, 09:46 PM   #3440
SeaSpray

Frankly Scallop, I don't give a clam!
Loud people give me Skull Pain!
Call me "impatient"

Quote:
Originally Posted by goopysolelady View Post
What kind of tv's are in the lounge? We want to watch Monday Night Football while we are there!!
Here's a picture of the TV in the concierge/club level lounge:

It's not huge by any means. You might almost be better off watching it on the flat panel in your own room, since they look to be around the same size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by butiflfeet View Post
SeaSpray, I love your family website! That's a great idea to share your trips with extended family.

All the info on this thread is great! I've learned so much about the Poly for our 5th anniversary vacation.

DH and I are going on our first Disney World vacation for 6 days to celebrate and it kind of serves as our 2nd chance at a honeymoon. We were pretty young when we got married (I was 21 and he was 23) so with the foresight of wanting to purchase a house and having just finished college we decided to do a lower-budget honeymoon in Chicago which is a nice 4-5 hour drive from where we live (depending on which of us does the actual driving). It was fantastic but we've been dreaming of Disney ever since!

Needless to say, we're going all out for this trip to Disney World seeing as it's been 5 years and we're still married (and we do have our house, however small it may be)!

I have a couple questions and I think this board is the best place for them (because you all are so knowledgeable) but I'm not sure so forgive me if I'm wrong!

First, does anyone know what kind of food is offered for room service? Is it pretty much what you can get at Kona Cafe? DH and I are using the DDxDP and were thinking of a breakfast in bed to kind of take us back to our (much lower budget) honeymoon in Chicago. And just cuz it's fun to eat in your bed and NOT have to be the one to clean up!

Second, are in-room massages available at the Poly? I know about the GF spa and we may go there too. Anyone have any experience from the GF spa? Good/bad/skip it all together?

Thanks so much for your help! We may see a few of you there soon!

Thanks, I'm glad you like my web site

I have the room service menu right here in front of me. Here's a quick run-down of what they offer for breakfast:

Tonga Toast
Our famous banana-stuffed french toast rolled in cinnamon sugar, served with strawberry compote and your choice of bacon, ham, or sausage $13.99

Blueberry pancakes
Three pancakes with your choice of bacon, ham, or sausage $13.99

Steak and Eggs
A grilled 5oz New York strip steak with two eggs served with potatoes and biscuit. $14.99

"Da 'Kine" Omelet
Three-egg omelet filled with your choice of mushrooms, onions, ham, cheddar, American, or Swiss cheese, served with potatoes and biscuit $14.99

Aloha Eggs
Two eggs served with potatoes and biscuit with your choice of bacon, ham, or sausage $11.99

Continental Breakfast
A basket of Breakfast pastries, juice, and choice of coffee or tea $11.99

Fruit Plate
Fresh seasonal fruit served in a fresh pineapple with banana-nut bread $10.99

CEREALS
Assorted Kellogg's cereals with milk - Choose from Rice Krispies, Raisin Bran, Frosted Flakes, Froot Loops, or Corn Flakes $3.99
(add bananas, strawberries, or blueberries $1.59 each)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~ Polynesian LVC July '10 ~ Polynesian LVC May '08 ~ RCI's 'Explorer of the Seas' Oct '07 ~ Polynesian LVC July '07 ~ Port Orleans Riverside May '07 ~ Disney Magic "Cruising Castaways" Cruise & Polynesian LVC Aug '06 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge May '06 ~ Polynesian LVC Oct '05 ~ Wilderness Lodge CL & Polynesian LVC July '05 ~ Disney Magic 10-night "Lost at Sea" Hurricane Cruise Aug/Sept '04 ~ RCI Bermuda Cruise '03 ~ Caribbean Beach '02 ~ Grand Floridian LV '01 ~ Caribbean Beach '01 ~ DisneyLand '95 ~ WDW '85,'78,'76 ~
[/center]
Old 08-12-2008, 09:54 PM   #3441
SeaSpray

Frankly Scallop, I don't give a clam!
Loud people give me Skull Pain!
Call me "impatient"

Polynesian Resort - Room Service- Breakfast menu

Tonga Toast
Our famous banana-stuffed french toast rolled in cinnamon sugar, served with strawberry compote and your choice of bacon, ham, or sausage $13.99

Blueberry pancakes
Three pancakes with your choice of bacon, ham, or sausage $13.99

Steak and Eggs
A grilled 5oz New York strip steak with two eggs served with potatoes and biscuit. $14.99

"Da 'Kine" Omelet
Three-egg omelet filled with your choice of mushrooms, onions, ham, cheddar, American, or Swiss cheese, served with potatoes and biscuit $14.99

Aloha Eggs
Two eggs served with potatoes and biscuit with your choice of bacon, ham, or sausage $11.99

Continental Breakfast
A basket of Breakfast pastries, juice, and choice of coffee or tea $11.99

Fruit Plate
Fresh seasonal fruit served in a fresh pineapple with banana-nut bread $10.99

CEREALS
Assorted Kellogg's cereals with milk - Choose from Rice Krispies, Raisin Bran, Frosted Flakes, Froot Loops, or Corn Flakes $3.99
(add bananas, strawberries, or blueberries $1.59 each)

Accompaniments:
Ham, sausage, or Bacon $3.99
Potatoes $3.99
Danish $3.49
Bagel and cream cheese $3.99
English Muffin or toast $2.59
Blueberry or Bran Muffin $2.99
Seasonal Fruit Bowl $4.99

Beverages:
Soft drinks (12oz can) $2.99
Iced tea or lemonade $2.99
Pot of coffee (serves two - regular or decaf) $6.99
Pot of hot tea $4.99
1% milk $1.99
Chocolate milk $1.99
Hot chocolate $2.99
Orange, tomato, or grapefruit juice $1.99
Evian 750mL (serves two) $7.99
Perrier 750mL (serves two) $7.99

KEIKI'S KORNER
Guests age 9 and under

All meals include choice of 1% milk, bottled water, or juice.
All items $6.49

Mickey Cake
Mickey's favorite pancake served with bacon or sausage

Minnie's French Toast
Topped with cinnamon sugar

Child's Fruit Plate

Donald's Choice
Scambled eggs served with bacon or sausage

A $3.00 DELIVERY CHARGE, applicable sales tax, and 18% service charge will be added to all orders.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~ Polynesian LVC July '10 ~ Polynesian LVC May '08 ~ RCI's 'Explorer of the Seas' Oct '07 ~ Polynesian LVC July '07 ~ Port Orleans Riverside May '07 ~ Disney Magic "Cruising Castaways" Cruise & Polynesian LVC Aug '06 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge May '06 ~ Polynesian LVC Oct '05 ~ Wilderness Lodge CL & Polynesian LVC July '05 ~ Disney Magic 10-night "Lost at Sea" Hurricane Cruise Aug/Sept '04 ~ RCI Bermuda Cruise '03 ~ Caribbean Beach '02 ~ Grand Floridian LV '01 ~ Caribbean Beach '01 ~ DisneyLand '95 ~ WDW '85,'78,'76 ~
[/center]
Old 08-12-2008, 11:07 PM   #3442
TaraZ
Mouseketeer

We are staying at the Poly in January... it will be a first time trip for me & my DD... DH has been many times. We recently discovered that my DD has a peanut allergy-- anyone know if there are any nut issues there?
3rd Trip 1/11 Poly again by choice of our princess!
4th Trip 1/12 Poly Part 4!!!
5th Trip 1/13 Back to the Poly
6th Trip 1/14 Poly here we come!
Old 08-13-2008, 12:49 AM   #3443
jkswimming
Earning My Ears

This Time Tomorrow ...

This time tomorrow we'll be at the Poly! Or possibly DHS if we can stay awake that long.

Just wanted to thank everyone here for all the great info and photos on the Polynesian. It's been 8 years since we were last at WDW and a lot has changed.

If DH brings his lap top -- he's thinking of going without I'll try to send a live report!

Tree House Village 77
CR 79
CR 83
CBR 96
WL 97
PR 07
WL 09
SSR 10
SSR 11
Old 08-13-2008, 01:25 AM   #3444
spaceace510
por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraZ View Post
We are staying at the Poly in January... it will be a first time trip for me & my DD... DH has been many times. We recently discovered that my DD has a peanut allergy-- anyone know if there are any nut issues there?
I don't you will have any problems. Just mention that on your ADRs and wherever you are going to eat and they will be more than happy to accommodate you!

DCL-Magic--Western: 7-2006 7 night
DLR-Grand Californian: 4-2008 4 night
DLR-Grand Californian: 7-2009 5 night

Old 08-13-2008, 08:11 AM   #3445
jkstewart1800
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I would guess that pea nut oil would be used more than at other resorts since a lot of the food is Asian inspired.... that is just a guess though.

DS 11 DS 8
Old 08-13-2008, 08:42 AM   #3446
momatater
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkswimming View Post
This time tomorrow we'll be at the Poly! Or possibly DHS if we can stay awake that long.

Just wanted to thank everyone here for all the great info and photos on the Polynesian. It's been 8 years since we were last at WDW and a lot has changed.

If DH brings his lap top -- he's thinking of going without I'll try to send a live report!

Lucky, Lucky you!!!! Have a wonderful time!!!

(If you can't do a live report, which we all would love btw, just fill us in when you get home!!)
Old 08-13-2008, 09:23 AM   #3447
team disney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Mention this fact to your server at every meal. Many times the chef will come out to talk to you about any allergies and tell you which foods are safe for you to eat. I was amazed at how much attention the staff takes to guide you at the reastaurants. You will always find something that will work.
1st Port Orleans Riverside trip- 8/27-9/4/2010
2nd Poly trip 8/30-9/7/2009
First Poly trip 9/26-10/1/08
POFQ 9/07
All Star Sports 9/06
All Star Music 5/01

Former VMK Player- FancyPirateGirl
Old 08-13-2008, 09:28 AM   #3448
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I would also watch the game in your room because everytime I was in the lounge they always had the tv on the Disney Channel for the little kids and chances are the game will go past 10:00 PM which is when the Cast Members shut everything off for the night and that includes the TV.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:25 AM   #3449
huntconn
"Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile."

Quote:
The tv downstairs in the main lounge is a 42 inch flat screen. It's primarliy for the kids and you really don't want to try to watch a ball game there. I think a lot of the folks responding to your post have forgotten about the 50 inch flat screen in the small lounge on the 3rd floor. This area is almost always empty and you can put on whatever channel you want. It would probably be a great spot for watching a game, although obviously less private than your guest room. I watched a NASCAR race there one Sunday in July and ended up having a couple of fellow race fans join me. This is a very under utilized area of the lounge. It's great for adults that don't feel like watching Disney cartoons. I like to eat up there as well sometimes since it's much more secluded and quiet. They also have some board games that you can play and even some old photo albums of the concierge staff from years past. You just have to root around to find them.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:39 AM   #3450
TigrLvsPooh
Disney's Ultimate Fan, and our very own Travel Channel television star!!!
Anthony's Girl
Got my way

Without having to read 230 pages of info on this thread can someone quickly give me the Poly IPO email address and phone number? THANK YOU!!!!!

(and someone desperately needs to update the concierge information thread with new information!)
My WDW Resort stays: Grand Floridian 2012, 2003, 2001, 1994 * Polynesian 2013, 2011, 2008, 2008, 2005, 2003 * Contemporary 2014, 2008 * Bay Lake Tower 2013 *Boardwalk 2014, 2013, 2006, 2004 * Wilderness Cabin 1998 * Dixie Landings 1999 * All Star Music 2001 * Caribbean Beach Resort 2012, 2002 * Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014, 2012, 2011, 2008, 2006, 2005 * Old Key West 2009, 2008, 2004, 2003, 2002 * Yacht Club 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010, 2002 * Beach Club 2014, 2012, 2011, 2008, 2003 * Swan 2006, 2005, 2003 * Pop Century 2014, 2013, 2012, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004 * Art of Animation 2014 * Wilderness Lodge 2014, 2011, 2004, 2003 * Saratoga Springs 2007 * Port Orleans French Quarter 2014, 2013, 2004 * Coronado Spring 2014 *

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: