Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2008, 06:20 PM   #61
puggymom
Mouseketeer
The Tag Fairy wants give hugs to my pugs!

Well call me fashionably late, just don't call me late for dinner.

I would have been here sooner, but I had trouble picking myself up off the floor from laughing at not being able to start a car

ly/mi Katt

Glad you are doing a trip and so happy you got your do over
Old 08-08-2008, 07:56 PM   #62
HomeschoolMama
I raise kids... What's your super power?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kykatt2 View Post
Sara is DYING to post so I'll let her tell you

hi, I had a great birthday I got a i-pod,and a ipod dock to help wake me up for school, I got two webkinz the whimsy dragon and the American cocker, and also I got a Madam Alexandra .This was a wonderful birthday I got almost everything I wanted and I was wondering if me and one of your daughters would want to play on webkinz with me!!!!
Sounds like a great day!
I've never heard of the whimsy dragon. I'll have to look it up. I refuse to buy anymore Webkinz. We have too many already.

I'm sure my girls would love to play some time!

Katt- I'll e-mail you their user names when B comes home. I can't remember them right now.
Register to remove

Old 08-08-2008, 11:33 PM   #63
carrieannie
DIS Veteran

How did I miss an update!!!!!??
A really frustrating first day! how was Josh handling all this?

I skipped past the pictures of Space mountain...

Old 08-09-2008, 04:34 AM   #64
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeschoolMama View Post
Don't try and deny it. I'll get Jo to confirm it!
Yeah sorry Katt you do have an accent, a cute one though, oh and Dawn did she do her telephone voice for you
Old 08-09-2008, 08:23 AM   #65
HomeschoolMama

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
Yeah sorry Katt you do have an accent, a cute one though, oh and Dawn did she do her telephone voice for you
Yes!!! I bet we had the exact same conversation with her, Jo!

Who's next Katt? You gonna call someone else with your accent and show them your phone voice?
Old 08-10-2008, 08:13 PM   #66
TEminnie
TFW/Facebook Addict

Quote:
Well I did have a couple of shots.. but You may or May not remember I LOST around 200 Pictures I recovered around 80 thanks to Kat and KC.

[/SIZE][/FONT]

.. and JESUS has to get in the ride with me.[/QUOTE]

I think that's a Carrie Underwood song!

Quote:
At least I WON SOMETHING !!!

We flew this time from GSO.. to MCO
Allegiant takes us to Sanford.. did that last year.. it cheap and direct.. but that airport is OUT THERE.

Except for POTC... all the others were mechanical failures.
Did u shuttle or cab from Sanford--we drove past it and wondered how much it would cost to get to WDW.

Quote:
Sara is DYING to post so I'll let her tell you

hi, I had a great birthday I got a i-pod,and a ipod dock to help wake me up for school, I got two webkinz the whimsy dragon and the American cocker, and also I got a Madam Alexandra .This was a wonderful birthday I got almost everything I wanted and I was wondering if me and one of your daughters would want to play on webkinz with me!!!!
Cool! I'll ask Beth Ann--she's 11 and just starting in Webkinz so is getting stuff. She has a friend here from SC right now tho and I'm on the 'puter so may be a while! How many webkinz do u have? I was thinking of getting her another one---are there special ones? I just let her get a cheap one from Limited 2 to see if she liked it--it's a terrier.

A Rednecks Guide to Paris: TFW post 1606, 1622, 1636, 1651, 1680,1737, 1769,1964
Old 08-11-2008, 05:46 AM   #67
kykatt2
Karaoke Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEminnie View Post
Did u shuttle or cab from Sanford--we drove past it and wondered how much it would cost to get to WDW.
We rented a car. We always rent a car since we always eat off site during our trips.. except for this June. THEY ARE CHEAPER than MCO ( or they were when we flew there last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEminnie View Post
Cool! I'll ask Beth Ann--she's 11 and just starting in Webkinz so is getting stuff. She has a friend here from SC right now tho and I'm on the 'puter so may be a while! How many webkinz do u have? I was thinking of getting her another one---are there special ones? I just let her get a cheap one from Limited 2 to see if she liked it--it's a terrier.
PM Me her Webkinz User Name or PM Me your e-mail if you want it more secure and I'll give you Sarabeth's ( if BA wants to do this) and we'll go through the process.

Last count Sara has 37 I think. They have been her gift of choice for tooth fairy, birthday, Christmas, Sick presents... etc. for the past 2 years.
She also has 2 accounts.
Some are better but those were the first and are now retired , so they are rare.
But in general they are all the same. Some of the "lil Kinz" are SOOOO Cute... because they are SOOOO small.

Dawn's kids are also going to get in on a "Fockerling Webkinz Group" . At least we know who the kids are playing with.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 08-11-2008, 05:57 AM   #68
LITTLEKID58
Platinum Castaway

Your pics are amazing..
Old 08-11-2008, 09:58 AM   #69
kykatt2
Karaoke Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by LITTLEKID58 View Post
Your pics are amazing..
HI there Welcome to this silly little TR.

I love your siggie... especially the "Mickey" using Military Emblems.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 08-11-2008, 02:10 PM   #70
HomeschoolMama

Quote:
PM Me her Webkinz User Name or PM Me your e-mail if you want it more secure and I'll give you Sarabeth's ( if BA wants to do this) and we'll go through the process.

Last count Sara has 37 I think. They have been her gift of choice for tooth fairy, birthday, Christmas, Sick presents... etc. for the past 2 years.
She also has 2 accounts.
Some are better but those were the first and are now retired , so they are rare.
But in general they are all the same. Some of the "lil Kinz" are SOOOO Cute... because they are SOOOO small.

Dawn's kids are also going to get in on a "Fockerling Webkinz Group" . At least we know who the kids are playing with.
I'm sure the girls would love to play with BA too! You can forward my info to TE too, Katt.
Old 08-12-2008, 03:32 PM   #71
kykatt2
Karaoke Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by puggymom View Post
Well call me fashionably late, just don't call me late for dinner.
YOU ARE LATE FOR DINNER NOW !!!!

Leave a Bread Trail or Mark a Tree .

Wednesday ( Day 2)

We begin our DDP experience today. We decided to give Dining on Disney Property a try this year. Usually we eat 1 maybe 2 meals on site and they have always been a character Meal.

For what ever reason NO BODY wanted to get up early today so we slept in till 7:30, and I got to start out my Disney Vacation the way it should be... 2 French Krullers and large Coffee “light” from Dunkin Doughnuts YUM-YUM.. I absolutely HATE Krispy Kreme (and I have one less than 3 miles from my house)I can drive right past that “HOT” sign and Yawn.
So I am thinking to myself... “SELF... It’s going to be a GREAT DAY.. And a GREAT WEEK.
We decide to go back to MK and get in some more rides and grab a Counter Service at Cosmic Ray’s. We hit Space Mountain first off, zip over to the Indy Cars. Then.... we had an Impass as to “Philharmagic” or “Small World”.. So we did both .. But Sara was not happy that we did Philharmagic FIRST....
( Make a note here)

Oh ...How could I forget a Small little Lime Green detail... we have “Company” on our Disney adventure’s this week. We are “Croc” sitting “Flower”. If you are not familiar with this...There is a Thread here at the “Dis” called Official Lime Lovin' Croc Exchange, Where you can sign up to take a “Croc” with you on your adventures and photograph his /hers adventures. Here is “Flower” as she dines with us at “Cosmic Ray's Starlight Café” in MK( and she will be in some of my other updates.. Especially when we get to the restaurants.)

We like this place . There are lots of seats, and most everybody can find something here. There are 4 different lines..and they are all different so find what looks good and get in the line. You can get Burgers( HUGE) I usually split one with my DS 14. There are Sandwiches, Wraps, Ribs, Chicken, salads and soups and best thing is the kids items are located at all lines and are the same.

What I like best is the Burger fixin Island.. Where you put on your burger what you want. Too many counter service places the burgers are plain.
You also have a Floor Show.. By a Piano Playing Alien named “Sonny Eclipse”.

Pssst... also on Rainy Florida Afternoons... IF they have any ... Disney Chacters have been known to “Pop” in to get out of the rain . Partucularly Alice in Wonderland Characters as the “Mad Hatter” Ride is very close by.We did not see any today but We have caught them in years past.

And Speaking of close by... Time to grab another ride on “SPACE MOUNTAIN “

OOOH OOOH OOOH. Did you know that Space Mountain only travels about 28-30 miles an hour..( Bet ya thought it was faster... it’s really wimpy).So lets see is that 3 or 4 rides..

We zip through Space Mountain and when we get out... It’s Raining. We grab our poncho’s out of the backpack and head back to the hotel... Not because it’s raining... but we need to get cleaned up for our Dinner Ressie at “Trail End” over in Ft. Wilderness. Never eaten there before... and the LAST TIME I was anywhere near this area., was in 1987 and We went to “River Country”which they closed down altogether I believe in 2005. It seems a bit more developed than I remember .Gators never crossed my mind when I went there with my Hubby on our “Disneymoon”.. Had they... I would not have gotten anywhere near that place. I just knew Disney would not allow them on the property.. Uh..... Yeah, that would be a big YES... till they become trouble or get too big.

After we clean up and change clothes... we get in the car and drive to the “Ft. Wilderness... AREA... A VERY LARGE AREA... we miss a turn but get to the “OUTPOST”...
OUT POST...: WTH... WHY CAN’T WE DRIVE TO THE PLACE ???.. . I have to catch a BUS that takes me to the restaurant ???... Oh it’s not even that simple... This Bus... has to stop along the way as it cuts through the Campsites and Cabins... AND there is a BAD ROUTE... and A WORSE ROUTE. I think Purple was the Longest.... Orange is not as bad.. Yellow looks about the same as Orange.. at least on Paper.

Good thing I was a Girl Scout and I was raised up in the Hills and Holler’s of Kentucky... Just in case the Bus Driver Got Lost... ( hey... I have read TR’s that said they did or they at least forgot where they were supposed to be going. ) I started making landmark notes... Just in case the driver is a rookie.. I WILL FIND MY WAY BACK TO THE CAR..
Really wish he had slowed down so I could have marked them trees Better... Hope that Gum Holds.

Well. I am here... we check in for our 5:30 reservation ....30 minutes LATE and wait about 8 minutes for them to call us to our table. We had a great little table that over looked the Marina. The Buffett was good but they could not seem to keep it stocked, Joshua had to wait about 10 minutes for Pizza.. Amazingly he did so very calmly. I had hoped to see more options and the line was a little wacky and SLOW.. But maybe that was because they kept running out of food.

Would love to show you pictures of the Area.. But I lost all of the photos of the dinner when my memory card failed in my camera .. And Sarabeth did not take her camera that evening.

We finish Dinner and decide to go back to MK to close down the Park. Now which bus did we come in on ?? First Bus in was “Purple” I knew that was not the bus line we took in.. But since all buses SUPPOSEDLY will get me to the OUTPOST... I reluctantly get on... We have the bus to our selves for a while.. But the driver makes a wild turn and begins to pick up people, and pick up more, and More... occasionally they get off.. But more ALWAYS pile on.. EVENTUALLY....( 23 minutes later )we get to the Outpost , Get in the car and do a No No... Park at the Poly and ride the monorail to MK (Shhhh)
Glad we did... you’ll find out later. And YES I am glad I did not use the boat service from Ft Wilderness.

We have another impass ... Sara wants to ride "Space Mountain" again.. .. Joshua wants to go to "Buzz Lightyear"... We start towards Buzz and Sara gives with the attitude.. “Why do you let Joshua have what he wants.” “He Never get’s told No” ( oh yes he does) Trying to explain to Sarabeth that sometimes we HAVE to give in to Joshua as he is on the verge of a “MELT-DOWN"... does not help... “It’s Not Fair”. Sara Snips back, Joshua is getting aggravated... so Scott says... “let’s do the "Laugh Floor”.. And then go back to the room... NO FIREWORKS.

We Flash Joshua’s GAC as he is in NO MOOD TO WAIT.. He begns to get somewhat excited.. As he does like the “Laugh Floor”... and Sara is happy too .. But is unhappy that Joshua is HAPPY. ( so who’s the Monster now) She poses here at the door looking like all is well with the world and she is the PERFECT PRINCESS Yeah Right..

Scott decides to Text a Joke... and the Joke is on Me... One that May just Live .....forever.....

To be Continued......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by kykatt2; 08-12-2008 at 06:21 PM.
Old 08-12-2008, 03:41 PM   #72
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Woooohooooo first

Quote:
I absolutely HATE Krispy Kreme (and I have one less than 3 miles from my house)I can drive right past that “HOT” sign and Yawn.
Excuse me You don't like KK's?

Quote:
But Sara was not happy that we did Philharmagic FIRST....
But Philarmagic is fantastic

Quote:
OOOH OOOH OOOH. Did you know that Space Mountain only travels about 28-30 miles an hour..( Bet ya thought it was faster... it’s really wimpy[/COLOR]).So lets see is that 3 or 4 rides..
I just wish it were smoother, I'm getting too old

Quote:
Good thing I was a Girl Scout and I was raised up in the Hills and Holler’s of Kentucky... Just in case the Bus Driver Got Lost... ( hey... I have read TR’s that said they did or they at least forgot where they were supposed to be going. ) I started making landmark notes... Just in case the driver is a rookie.. I WILL FIND MY WAY BACK TO THE CAR..
Really wish he had slowed down so I could have marked them trees Better... Hope that Gum Holds.
Oh Katt

Quote:
But I lost all of the photos of the dinner when my memory card failed in my camera .. And Sarabeth did not take her camera that evening.
Did you never get them back? Did KC's program not work?

Quote:
“It’s Not Fair”. Sara Snips back, Joshua is getting aggravated...
Oh dear, it must be tough on her and you too

Quote:
Is she wearing dream ears?
Old 08-12-2008, 03:47 PM   #73
kykatt2
Karaoke Queen

Quote:
Woooohooooo first
You Move Fast I guess I'd better pony up Oh... 25 Focker points for you
Quote:
Excuse me You don't like KK's?
Let me put it this way...
Quote:
Did you never get them back? Did KC's program not work?
Got about 80 out of 200

Quote:

Is she wearing dream ears?
No.. not THAT LUCKY.. She bought them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 08-12-2008, 03:58 PM   #74
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Quote:
You Move Fast I guess I'd better pony up Oh... 25 Focker points for you
Thanks

Quote:
Let me put it this way....
But but but, they're delicious

Quote:
Got about 80 out of 200.
Better than nothing

Quote:
No.. not THAT LUCKY.. She bought them.
Well she looks cute anyway
Old 08-12-2008, 05:38 PM   #75
HomeschoolMama

I missed you ALL DAY!!! Don't ever clean and do laundry again, okay?

I'm not a fan of doughnuts at all, really.

I was annoyed at Cosmic Rays. It bothered me that K and I had to go in different lines to get the food we wanted. Of course, you know what happens then... all the kids stay with me. I can't believe I missed the singing dude. It was so crowded that we went outside and ate on the balcony. The kids were happy watching the ducks.

Note to self: Don't go to the trail place to eat. It didn't sound worth the stress.

A joke? On you? Sign me up for the next update!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: