Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2008, 05:59 AM   #271
bex271
Mouseketeer

that is a cute outfit and she looks so adorable in it.

becca
Old 08-12-2008, 08:07 AM   #272
kaysmommie
DIS Veteran

Just started reading your trip report and already love it! You have a beautiful family. So cute how Hannah packed all her stuffed toys in the suitcase. So far seems like your having and a great time. I love all the custom outfits your kids are wearing. Going back to get caught up.

Last edited by kaysmommie; 08-12-2008 at 08:17 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-12-2008, 08:41 AM   #273
t-beri
Feels Alice is vastly under represented and LOVED Tink before it was cool

Ok, Heather, I LIED...I didn't wanna see Shamu (just your cute kids) I really wanna see some WDW(oh, and the kids)...so GET TO IT!!!!

Looks like you had a great time at Sea World. I didnt' get to ride Kraken when I was there either I have a terrible phobia of being near water that is enclosed by glass....I know it's weird, I'm afraid of a lot of things. Aquariums and I don't get along so well, but I liked seeing the outdoor exhibits, like the rays and the sea lions too!!! They are so funny, they practically perform to get those fish! I did go into the Manatee house briefly, I Manatees. They live in our river in the winter through spring when the gulf is colder b/c our spring fed river has inlets from the gulf and is 72 degrees year round. In the summer it's FREEZING but it's nice for the manatees in the winter. It's so fun to go kayaking or swimming and see one up close in the wild! My heart breaks for that species.

I am so exited to see the DHS pics!!! Hurry Heather, hurry!!!
...t.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:05 AM   #274
HeatherN
Dreaming of Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-beri View Post
Ok, Heather, I LIED...I didn't wanna see Shamu (just your cute kids) I really wanna see some WDW(oh, and the kids)...so GET TO IT!!!!

Looks like you had a great time at Sea World. I didnt' get to ride Kraken when I was there either I have a terrible phobia of being near water that is enclosed by glass....I know it's weird, I'm afraid of a lot of things. Aquariums and I don't get along so well, but I liked seeing the outdoor exhibits, like the rays and the sea lions too!!! They are so funny, they practically perform to get those fish! I did go into the Manatee house briefly, I Manatees. They live in our river in the winter through spring when the gulf is colder b/c our spring fed river has inlets from the gulf and is 72 degrees year round. In the summer it's FREEZING but it's nice for the manatees in the winter. It's so fun to go kayaking or swimming and see one up close in the wild! My heart breaks for that species.

I am so exited to see the DHS pics!!! Hurry Heather, hurry!!!
...t.
T -you are totally cracking me up! I was kind of holding off because I just ordered my photopass CD and was hoping it would come soon.It has the best pictures on it.I may just have to start writing and post those pics later.Plus the start of the kids wearing thier custom clothing starts at Hollywood studios so I will start soon since I know you all are anxious. I will post the first character meet(before breakfast at GKTW) in a couple of hours.I have an appointment at 11:00 and I am uploading all those pics to photobucket right now.

When you wish upon a star- Hannah's Make a Wish trip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1852434
Old 08-12-2008, 11:08 AM   #275
HeatherN
Dreaming of Disney

MONDAY AUG 4th-PART 1-FIRST MICKEY SIGHTING

Monday morning I got the kids up bright and early since I knew this was our first disney day.GKTW had a character meeting that morning and I wanted to be there early so we wouldn't be waiting in line all morning and miss out on any disney time.We got to the GKTW theatre about 7:40 (it started at 8:00). I figured there would be a line but , there was NO ONE there! After about 10 minutes a few people showed up and they let us inside.This is the kids fooling around while we waited.

Once we were inside they led us up to the stage.We waited for just a minute in the seats and chatted wth the volunteers.After a minute I spotted a big ear poking around the corner.Mickey and Minnie stepped out onto the stage!!!! This was our very first character meet and it was a doozy!!! Logan was not real thrilled about the whole thing.I think the characters freaked him out but we kind of knew this would be an issue for him ahead of time.Hannah on the other hand was in heaven.Mickey and Minnie clowned around with her and gave tons of hugs.We posed for a nice family pic(hey, at least Logan was IN the picture ) They were super nice and took their time with us.Like a dork, I forgot the autograph tags so a volunteer grabbed some autograph books for me and we got their siggys.

After we were done we walked outside and spotted Belle!! She was so lovely and chatted with us for a while.

Then I spotted Goofy.Now I have never really played favorites with the characters too much before, but now I have to say that he is one of my favorites.He pointed to his cheek for me to kiss him and then jumped up and down when I did.I left lipstick on his cheek which I feel bad about but did try to wipe it off.I don't have a pic of me kissing him because I am the one always holding the camera! Oh well, Hannah really loved him.Logan-not so much!

We then saw Pluto who Hannah just fell in love with.He was really cute and the last pic is one of my favorites from the whole trip.The look on her face just captures how she feels about disney in general.Meeting characters was the highlight of her trip.I know she will never forget it.Neither will I.During this whole morning I felt myself getting teary a lot just seeing her joy.

When you wish upon a star- Hannah's Make a Wish trip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1852434
Old 08-12-2008, 11:30 AM   #276
jessica52877
DIS Veteran

What great pictures! the family shirts are perfect! You can see Hannah's enjoyment on her face! And, well, you can see that Logan is NOT enjoying it! Too cute!

Ebay ID - Jessica52877
Old 08-12-2008, 11:38 AM   #277
HeatherN
Dreaming of Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica52877 View Post
What great pictures! the family shirts are perfect! You can see Hannah's enjoyment on her face! And, well, you can see that Logan is NOT enjoying it! Too cute!
I am glad you like the shirts.I actually made them the day before we left.It was important to me to have cute shirts for the mickey meeting as I knew we would have family pics taken.I can't sew at all but I know how to use fabric glue and fabric paint! I am hoping that maybe I can sign up for some of the BIG GIVE family shirts in the future.I also did another set that we wore later in the week.Those family shirts get a whole lot of attention!

Old 08-12-2008, 12:03 PM   #278
HeatherN
Dreaming of Disney

I found a few more pics:

So after the character meet we were all jazzed up but we still needed to eat breakfast.We headed over the the Gingerbread house for a bite to eat.Logan refused to eat breakfast(he HATES breakfast foods and eating in general) so being that we were on vacation I relented and let him have ice cream.Hey, at least it has calcium in it right??

We still had a few minutes before we had to leave for Hollywood studios so we headed over to the Castle of Miracles to take care of Hannah's star and magic pillow.
A nice lady greeted us and explained how it works.Each wish child gets a star that they put their name on.

They then put it in this magic fairy box and when you open the lid again the start has disappeared.Then this little fairly pops up on a video screen and explains that she takes the star to place on the ceiling with all the other childrens' stars and it will always remain there.Whe you look up the stars just cover the ceiling and it really gives you a lump in your throat when you realize how many are there.It really is an incredble sight.

They explain that later in the week the fairy will leave the coordinates of where your star will be placed and you can come back and see it on the ceiling.We then wandered over to the wishing well where the kids threw a coin in and made a wish.It was really cute because when you throw in your coin it makes lots of noises, sometimes a splash , sometimes a burp.Way cute.While we were there a little boy kind of pushed his way in fromt of the kids and started grabbing handfuls of coins and throwing them in.He was quite loud(and rather rude I might add) the worst part was that his parents were right there and did NOTHING to control him.UGG.I found that there were quite a few families there who acted very rude and ENTITLED to everything.One day at the front desk this lady jumped in front of me and demanded the staff call her a shuttle to Universal studios.After some questioning it was determined that the woman had a rental car and she needed to drive that there(seriously-what is wrong with people!)I joked with the staff a little once that woman left and told them they must be tired at the end of their shift.Their phone must have rang 10 times in 10 minutes and a ton of people were coming and going and asking questions and needing things.They always helped very graciously with a smile on their face.I give the a LOT of credit for always being so nice about things.

Old 08-12-2008, 12:31 PM   #279
HeatherN
Dreaming of Disney

We then went to the magic mirror that magically makes a crown appear on your head.They were quite impressed by that.

Oh yes here is the wishing well

The kids then fooled around for a while in the castle

We then went and did their magic pillows.Each child oushes buttons on this big machine and then this pillow pops out.The kids loved it!

Then we let them play for a minute in the playroom.It was so cute and had all kinds of dress up clothes in the closets.I kind of put a quick stop to that though as my mind went straight to head lice.I know, really sick thoughts, but it is on the mind as my Mom was a school nurse for years and had many head lice horror stories! Besides it was time to head back to the villa for a costume change and to go to Hollywood studios, OUR FIRST DISNEY PARK!!!!!

Old 08-12-2008, 12:32 PM   #280
bigdisgrandma
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherN View Post
I am glad you like the shirts.I actually made them the day before we left.It was important to me to have cute shirts for the mickey meeting as I knew we would have family pics taken.I can't sew at all but I know how to use fabric glue and fabric paint! I am hoping that maybe I can sign up for some of the BIG GIVE family shirts in the future.I also did another set that we wore later in the week.Those family shirts get a whole lot of attention!
Heather, I love the shirts. Fabric glue...great idea. I am still trying to get brave about mickey heads out of the now world famous orange hawaii fabric to go on T-shirts for Lindsey, Mandy and Me. Thanks also for the plug for family outfits. I keep telling our group that we need to be identified as a group They are actually being very good sports about it so long as there are no more fluorescent oranges outfits!

I love the pictures. I want to go now!
Have a wonderful day.
Denise
Port Orleans Riverside June 2002
Pop Century Nov 2005, Jan 2008

Karlyn's Wish is Coming True
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1868674
Old 08-12-2008, 12:41 PM   #281
t-beri
Feels Alice is vastly under represented and LOVED Tink before it was cool

YEAH!!! Hannah looks so excited. Gives me chills!!! The shirts came out great, especially for a last minute job!! I will tell you a secret...I LOVE FABRIC GLUE!!!
Old 08-12-2008, 01:11 PM   #282
GoofyDoo
Missing Orlando...

I am loving your report!! You were right, it is so much fun to read about and see where you've been since we were just there, too! You took an awesome picture of the ceiling castle. Would you email that to me if I PM you my address? I'd love to have it. I love your shirts, too! I wish I even knew how to start on something like that.

I heard a few people being rude at GKTW, too, and I was horrified!! How could anyone act that way at a place like that, and toward people who are there to help? But I'm sure the volunteers know that it takes all kinds.

I thought about lice, too, but I went ahead and let them and tried not to worry. We haven't had problems so far, thankfully!! Yuck!!

Looking forward to more pics of you and your sweet fam!!!
Old 08-12-2008, 01:45 PM   #283
3princesses+aprince
DIS Veteran

Awww, Hannah is so cute with the characters! I can't wait to read about your Hollywood studios day!!

Our very magical, very first trip to Disney World!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2182745

Come check out my Pre Trip Report, May 09
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2066680
Old 08-12-2008, 02:19 PM   #284
special-angel
Earning My Ears

Hannah doesn't look to be one bit shy with the characters !Did Logan warm up to them ?He looks very happy with his icecream for breakfast LOL !I shed some tears also when I was pushing my daughter on stage to see Mickey & Minnie for the first time.I think it was at that point her wish trip became a reality ! GKTW was such an amazing place !Just staying there would have been a vacation in itself !
Old 08-12-2008, 04:01 PM   #285
HeatherN
Dreaming of Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyDoo View Post
I am loving your report!! You were right, it is so much fun to read about and see where you've been since we were just there, too! You took an awesome picture of the ceiling castle. Would you email that to me if I PM you my address? I'd love to have it. I love your shirts, too! I wish I even knew how to start on something like that.

I heard a few people being rude at GKTW, too, and I was horrified!! How could anyone act that way at a place like that, and toward people who are there to help? But I'm sure the volunteers know that it takes all kinds.

I thought about lice, too, but I went ahead and let them and tried not to worry. We haven't had problems so far, thankfully!! Yuck!!

Looking forward to more pics of you and your sweet fam!!!
Amy- that pic from the playroom is actually one of the stock photos they give you on the disk at check out.If you don't have it let me know and I can email it to you in a hurry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3princesses+aprince View Post
Awww, Hannah is so cute with the characters! I can't wait to read about your Hollywood studios day!!
Thanks! She LOVES all of them.It's definitely "Her thing"

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-angel View Post
Hannah doesn't look to be one bit shy with the characters !Did Logan warm up to them ?He looks very happy with his icecream for breakfast LOL !I shed some tears also when I was pushing my daughter on stage to see Mickey & Minnie for the first time.I think it was at that point her wish trip became a reality ! GKTW was such an amazing place !Just staying there would have been a vacation in itself !
Hannah was not shy with them one bit.It's kind of funny since she can be quite shy with "humans" most of the time.I guess those characters are her "people".Logan didn't want to visit with most of the characters.He did love the Cars ones(Lighning McQween and Mater) He fell in love with Cinderella though-can't wait to show you all those pics!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: